Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    i don't believe in God. If he does exist then he is one fucked up individual that should in no way be worshiped. If God was our maker then he also gave us the ability to harm eachother is so many ways that it's unbelivable. If all of this is true, that he made us what we are he is just as evil as Satan.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    I think you should all calm down, I personally don't believe in god but if he did exist I think he is actually pretty average (in terms of empathy). Just think about it for a second, If you could do whatever you wanted and you also made the entire universe just by saying "let there be light", would you actually care about people and their feelings? I know I wouldn't, I made those people for god's sake!

Let me expand on that scenario, say you had some 100 metre cubed room where you could literally do whatever you wanted, anything you imagined would appear out of thin air and you could control all physics, etc. Say one day you decide you want to have some toys to play with in that room, so you make a little planet with little people and little animals and all that, wouldn't you feel that you have the right to do whatever you want with those people and animals?

In conclusion, I think if god existed, he isn't really THAT bad.
    Last edited by measure; 09-19-2016 at 02:58 AM. Reason: too much text

Thanks
    That guy look like Satan in disguise

Thanks
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.
    In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.
    Be not wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord, and turn away from evil.
    It will be healing to your flesh and refreshment to your bones.

Proverbs 3:5-8

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by @rKAngel View Post
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.
    In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.
    Be not wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord, and turn away from evil.
    It will be healing to your flesh and refreshment to your bones.

Proverbs 3:5-8
    Trust in something that has never given a reason for it, don't you dare think for yourself.
    Acknowledge him, even though he doesn't bother to prove he exists, he won't do shit, but you'll think he cares.
    Fear the Lord, he supposedly loves you but fear him because of reasons. Turn away from evil, but not God even though he allegedly killed millions of people and animals unjustly.
    Something that is supposed to sound deep and meaningful, but doesn't.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cohen View Post

Trust in something that has never given a reason for it, don't you dare think for yourself.
    Acknowledge him, even though he doesn't bother to prove he exists, he won't do shit, but you'll think he cares.
    Fear the Lord, he supposedly loves you but fear him because of reasons. Turn away from evil, but not God even though he allegedly killed millions of people and animals unjustly.
    Something that is supposed to sound deep and meaningful, but doesn't.
    Nothing I quoted was meant to sound deep and meaningful.

If you did some research, you'd find out God did reveal himself to people. < That could be in many ways. Unfortunately those people are called crazy.
    As for the matter of "he lets horrible things happen", horrible things are done by the Humans, not him.

Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
    Matthew 24:35

Things are meant to happen in order for the new Jerusalem to be established.

Don't be mistaken though, all those who committed horrible crimes will be judged righteously.

You sincerely believe life is a cruel circle with no end ? That people get to do whatever they want and then just die, not being punished for their sins ?

We chose what we do with ourselves, and we live with the consequences.

I'll leave this last bit here for you.

31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 And he will place the sheep on his right, but the goats on the left. 34 Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, 36 I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ 37 Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? 38 And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? 39 And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ 40 And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers,[a] you did it to me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.’ 44 Then they also will answer, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to you?’ 45 Then he will answer them, saying, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.’ 46 And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Nothing I quoted was meant to sound deep and meaningful.
    I was talking about the last line of the quote.

If you did some research, you'd find out God did reveal himself to people. < That could be in many ways. Unfortunately those people are called crazy.
    As for the matter of "he lets horrible things happen", horrible things are done by the Humans, not him.
    An all-powerful, all-knowing God wouldn't have a problem revealing himself. God could make humans come pre-built with knowing God exists, which would eliminate the scepticism of a lot of people. This wouldn't stop people from sinning or anything, it would simply make it so everyone on the planet knows of God's existence and give them the choice as to whether they follow him or not, making it fair for everyone to choose whether they want to go to heaven or not. Free will would still apply.

Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
    Matthew 24:35
    Thanks for the bible quote, I guess?

Things are meant to happen in order for the new Jerusalem to be established.
    Let's say things that happen are supposed to, and it's all a part of God's plan. That would mean I didn't choose to be an Atheist, God already had that planned for me. Therefore, it's not my fault if I go to hell, it's God's. Free will can't exist if there is a magic sky daddy that decides everything.

Don't be mistaken though, all those who committed horrible crimes will be judged righteously.
    By the justice system, not some dude in the clouds.

You sincerely believe life is a cruel circle with no end ? That people get to do whatever they want and then just die, not being punished for their sins ?
    The universe is a bitch, it doesn't give a fuck about us.
    When people die, they're gone for good. Until there is evidence to suggest there is life after death, my stance won't change.
    Sins don't exist, individuals decide what they consider to be right and wrong. People do get punished for their wrong-doings, it's called the justice system and it's the best system we have for stopping wrong doings.

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
    Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing?
    Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing?
    Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God?
    -Epicurus

We chose what we do with ourselves, and we live with the consequences.
    Sure do.

I'll leave this last bit here for you.
    I've had enough bible quotes for one day, thanks though.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cohen View Post

I was talking about the last line of the quote.

An all-powerful, all-knowing God wouldn't have a problem revealing himself. God could make humans come pre-built with knowing God exists, which would eliminate the scepticism of a lot of people. This wouldn't stop people from sinning or anything, it would simply make it so everyone on the planet knows of God's existence and give them the choice as to whether they follow him or not, making it fair for everyone to choose whether they want to go to heaven or not. Free will would still apply.

Thanks for the bible quote, I guess?

Let's say things that happen are supposed to, and it's all a part of God's plan. That would mean I didn't choose to be an Atheist, God already had that planned for me. Therefore, it's not my fault if I go to hell, it's God's. Free will can't exist if there is a magic sky daddy that decides everything.

By the justice system, not some dude in the clouds.

The universe is a bitch, it doesn't give a fuck about us.
    When people die, they're gone for good. Until there is evidence to suggest there is life after death, my stance won't change.
    Sins don't exist, individuals decide what they consider to be right and wrong. People do get punished for their wrong-doings, it's called the justice system and it's the best system we have for stopping wrong doings.

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
    Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing?
    Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing?
    Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God?
    -Epicurus

Sure do.

I've had enough bible quotes for one day, thanks though.
    Well, looks like explaining things to you is useless since you're so close-minded and stuck in your "the world is not fair".

He could present himself in front of you right now, and you'd still doubt it.(as you're reading this, you're like "omg why doesn't he just do it then")
    People have different beliefs, I choose to believe in God, a higher power.

The justice system is corrupted, no matter where you're located in the world.
    His justice will be just.

Have a nice day.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Seeing all these people lash out at something none of us understand is very disappointing. If you can't find it in yourself to thank the Lord for giving you the life you have, at least be thankful you have a life. You could have been the one of the 79999998 sperm that didn't make it into the egg...
    (I'm not particularly religious, just a little upset people are complaining when they have so much)

Thanks
    God created You , so hes great .

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by James Ellsworth View Post
    God created You , so hes great .
    Prove it

Thanks
    Lol, using an Onision video for an debate.. whew.

Thanks
    There is no god, just us humans..

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345