Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 76
  1. #61
    powpowpow21's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    NO WHERE AND EVERYWHERE
    Posts
    408
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    21
    My Mood
    Cool
    Maddoc, your being hypocritical. He spelled which as witch but you spelled would as wold... and that doesn't make you a dumb ass. He just made a mistake just like you did.

    iverson how am I a pussy if I can accept people and you can't? Are you jealous? Please
    state how am I a pussy? Cause right now you're one of the people on this thread who judge others without reason.

  2. #62
    Irony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    MPGH where else?
    Posts
    5,969
    Reputation
    285
    Thanks
    539
    My Mood
    Busy
    God only lies in our hearts, he cannot be tamed, he can only be controlled.

  3. #63
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddoc View Post
    Says the man who spells which as witch.

    Nice

    And BTW, not every religion has an afterlife, dumbass. Infact, some believe the opposite. Get your facts correct.
    Your so fucking stupid.........


  4. #64
    Paroxysm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    4,455
    Reputation
    170
    Thanks
    282
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    Not gettin your lottery thing parox,

    Simply because you want to believe something as true doesn't mean it is, and ultimately operating under the assumption that you've won the lottery may cause actual harm like spending your life's saving thinking that since you've won the lottery it doesn't matter.

    -To me, saying love is merely a chemical reaction, thats kinda.....idk, iffy. Sexual desire, yes. But love, well, I do believe there are chemical reactions going on during the emotion of love, but its like saying sweat causes running or something like that.
    You're conflating the effect with the cause, love being caused by chemical reactions doesn't make love a chemical reaction. I demonstrated the same point with the chemical reaction I posted in my last post.
    Point is, science just observed a chemical reaction during the emotion of "love"(i guess, idk since no one has sources lulz).
    Science doesn't observe, scientists observe, your ambiguity is killing me. The fact of the matter is emotions have a direct relationship with balances of chemicals in the brain.
    The chemical reaction doesn't occur as "love" is felt, it occurs before.


    Parox, just stating a chemical equation doesn't make your point valid, cmon, you can do better.
    Do you know what an example is?

    maddoc.....i lost you at the robots.(wtf?)


    Anyways, point is: I really don't want to give the effort to prove this to a guy who doesn't care. Say what you want parox, but their have been countless threads with you asking the same question. And most of the people on the site have given you their answers already, only to have you ignore it.

    You had your chance, too bad.

    Dude you're getting really annoying, the fact that I don't believe in Gods is a complete re****erring in this discussion, I'm asking for either evidence or logical argument, non of which you have presented. I haven't ignored any answers that was posted with sincerity, I do ignore the posts that say "GOD IS REAL BECAUSE LOOK AT THE CLOUDS AND THE TREES!" because those are asinine arguments. It just looks like your ducking my question because every time I ask for evidence or argument (preferably both), you just say "You already made up your mind, you won't listen because you're closed-minded." Dude, I swear this is the 20th time I've said this, I'm here looking for evidence in support of a gods existence, why do you keep claiming I'll ignore it if you haven't presented a single piece? Ignoring and refuting are very different.

    "You had your chance, too bad."
    Wow, dude you have no idea what a horrible Christian you are. I'm surprised you didn't stop for a moment and think for yourself WWJD? I still go to church on a regular basis and you're the very type of Christian that gives Christians a bad name, the only people worse are probably the "healing power of prayer" and the Westboro Baptist church folks.


    Once again please fulfill your biblical obligation under 1Peter 3:15:
    "But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,"
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

  5. #65
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,560
    Reputation
    2912
    Thanks
    5,335
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by demo-dash View Post


    umm, that is wrong drsynyster,

    correction: because they believe in the after life and heaven and hell witch truly is.
    Actually you are wrong. Christianity simply means to live as Christ would (hence little Christ). It does not entail belief in the afterlife (heaven or hell), I am saying that the majority chose to live that way of life, not because of afterlife. By your logic if I believe in heaven and hell that makes me a Christian. Get your religion right.

  6. #66
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    Once again please fulfill your biblical obligation under 1Peter 3:15:
    "But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,"
    Already did that with you.

    You see paroxysm, i'd actually debate all these things with you, except that i already did.

    @lottery: You know, that would be true and all, except the church actually helps people.(Not catholic incase you go on that again) I know a majority of the people there*(i'm not a superchurchaholic, but i've been there awhile). They are good people, they actually CARE for other people. You know what the average atheist i see does? He laughs at homeless and acts smug.

    Honestly, i hate atheist. They are like those guys on the southpark smug episode. They always ask what other peoples reason is for believing their religion, then mock them, and claim there not weak enough to need to believe in a religion.

    So answer me this paroxsym: What is the meaning of your existence?
    Last edited by Empire; 05-19-2010 at 02:20 AM.


  7. #67
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,560
    Reputation
    2912
    Thanks
    5,335
    My Mood
    Twisted
    inb4 paro says his meaning is to seek as much truth as possible.

  8. #68
    Maddoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada. (That's right. You know it)
    Posts
    524
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    12
    My Mood
    Lonely
    Empire, answer me THIS: What is the purpose of "god's" existence?

    And if you say "to help people", tell that to all the dead Canadian and American soldiers and to all the innocents who have died. And if you say "well they're non-believers", god shouldn't judge people by their beliefs, only by what they've done and will do. Plus, their own god should have protected them, you think?

  9. #69
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddoc View Post
    Empire, answer me THIS: What is the purpose of "god's" existence?

    And if you say "to help people", tell that to all the dead Canadian and American soldiers and to all the innocents who have died. And if you say "well they're non-believers", god shouldn't judge people by their beliefs, only by what they've done and will do. Plus, their own god should have protected them, you think?
    Maddoc, your grasp on religion is very.....weird to say the least.

    First off, i can't answer what another ones purpose is, nor can i really debate on whether that purpose is wrong or not. It just shows something about the persons beliefs.

    Secondly, what are you talking about with soldiers/innocents dying? How does that even make any sense? You kill a guy, and God should prevent that because he helps people? Its free will.

    Last, You seem to think that everyone here who is religious seems to think that everyone elses god is equal to them. If that were true, there would only be one religion.


  10. #70
    arunforce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Gender
    male
    Location
    A place for amigos
    Posts
    21,685
    Reputation
    2927
    Thanks
    9,512
    Give me one reason God doesn't exist, and I'll give you one why God exists.




    v1.96 - Tutorials, Upgraded Town, Def Revamp
    v1.97 - Cutscenes/Quests, Friend List
    v1.98 - Classes, Necklace/Rings
    v1.99 - Guilds
    v2.00 - Open Beta


  11. #71
    KING's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    10,770
    Reputation
    702
    Thanks
    3,074
    My Mood
    Angry
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsongao View Post
    God only lies in our hearts, he cannot be tamed, he can only be controlled.
    Tamed is basically the same thing as controlled...

    :/ ya failed

  12. #72
    Maddoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada. (That's right. You know it)
    Posts
    524
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    12
    My Mood
    Lonely
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    Maddoc, your grasp on religion is very.....weird to say the least.

    First off, i can't answer what another ones purpose is, nor can i really debate on whether that purpose is wrong or not. It just shows something about the persons beliefs.

    Secondly, what are you talking about with soldiers/innocents dying? How does that even make any sense? You kill a guy, and God should prevent that because he helps people? Its free will.

    Last, You seem to think that everyone here who is religious seems to think that everyone elses god is equal to them. If that were true, there would only be one religion.
    Wow. Nice psycho-analasys based on reversable yet understandable evidence. >.<

    Actually I believe the opposite; each person's "god" (even though there is none) is differnant to each other, but their own god should save them.

    AS for the innocents and dying soldiers, do not tell me that they weren't praying to their god's to help them when they were dying. If a religion is dying out, let's say, and that person is a soldier, shouldn't that god try to help keep the religion alive by keeping the soldier alive? And have you heard of CANCER?

    Cancer should be stopped by god, or god could direct people on a path that doesn't involve killing themselves slowly but surely (ie, drugs, smoking).

  13. #73
    Paroxysm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    4,455
    Reputation
    170
    Thanks
    282
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    Already did that with you.

    You see paroxysm, i'd actually debate all these things with you, except that i already did.

    Please point out the arguments you've made in the past.

    @lottery: You know, that would be true and all, except the church actually helps people.(Not catholic incase you go on that again) I know a majority of the people there*(i'm not a superchurchaholic, but i've been there awhile). They are good people, they actually CARE for other people.

    No one is arguing that churches don't provide a sense of community within a culture however that is irrelevant to whether the claims are true or not.


    You know what the average atheist i see does? He laughs at homeless and acts smug.

    Serious? Serious? Where are these smug asshole atheists? Where are these evil homeless hating atheists? Seems to me that you've built up a strawman, put an atheist tag on his chest and knocked him down. Learn to address actual points not putting up strawmen. Ok you know what I've mentioned this multiple times and I'm guessing at this point that you don't know what a straw-man argument is. Not trying to be smug but you should at the very least read peoples posts and respond to the information not your own preconception of their point.


    Honestly, i hate atheist. They are like those guys on the southpark smug episode. They always ask what other peoples reason is for believing their religion, then mock them, and claim there not weak enough to need to believe in a religion.

    Where am I mocking you? Where am I being a smug atheist? Apparently I can't ask you why you believe the things you do? Even when your own holy book tells you that you need to give explanations to those who ask, all you do is dodge the question and just keep on trucking like it never happened.

    So answer me this paroxsym: What is the meaning of your existence?
    Meaning of my existence? There is no objective meaning to my existence, only the one I make myself. My purpose in life is to understand this universe to the best of my ability, in the very short time I have to understand it. To not be blinded by dogma, to not fall victim to liars and charlatans and to help others avoid the same fate. To teach and to be taught.



    Now that I've responded to your points, can you address if any, this ONE POINT:
    1 Peter 3:15
    Tell me why you believe.



    Arun:
    You quit your trolling, you've already admitted to being disingenuous.
    Last edited by Paroxysm; 05-19-2010 at 09:45 PM.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

  14. #74
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddoc View Post
    Wow. Nice psycho-analasys based on reversable yet understandable evidence. >.<

    Actually I believe the opposite; each person's "god" (even though there is none) is differnant to each other, but their own god should save them.

    AS for the innocents and dying soldiers, do not tell me that they weren't praying to their god's to help them when they were dying. If a religion is dying out, let's say, and that person is a soldier, shouldn't that god try to help keep the religion alive by keeping the soldier alive? And have you heard of CANCER?

    Cancer should be stopped by god, or god could direct people on a path that doesn't involve killing themselves slowly but surely (ie, drugs, smoking).
    Look maddoc, what you believe about another person's religion is your own thoughts, but saying that each person has their own God, well, in a sense you could say that. Its kind of the same thing with any person though, i have my own mother, as does my sister. We each view her differently, but she is still one person.

    Your going on the lines that every person has his/her own personal God, I don't think any of the major religions have this belief, nor do I. I can't answer why you think that the person should have his God by keeping him alive because i don't believe in your belief.(seriously, this is your belief here).

    Free will @ drugs.

    Cancer is just a natural occurence of life. I wish cancer wasn't there, but it would be the same for any sickness.
    -------------------------------
    @paroxysm:
    1. I went to the, what was it? Smut for smut campaign? Idk wtf it was called, but they gave out porn for bibles saying that the bible contains pornographic content(which was kinda silly), but i talked to most of the people there. They really do fit the definition of smug by word. You know what the most annoying thing is to me. When they say " I'm not weak enough to believe in god". Hell about 9/10 of the atheist here have said that. Another thing i hate, is that I can't find many people, athletes, or even just people who constantly excersise who are atheist. Most of them just give off the appearance of a selfish,
    unhealthy person

    2. I believe the religion i believe because i have faith in it. I think it makes the most logical sense out of any beliefs/religion out there, and it is something that i just can't find anything wrong with.
    Last edited by Empire; 05-19-2010 at 10:18 PM.


  15. #75
    Paroxysm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    4,455
    Reputation
    170
    Thanks
    282
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

    @paroxysm:
    1. I went to the, what was it? Smut for smut campaign? Idk wtf it was called, but they gave out porn for bibles saying that the bible contains pornographic content(which was kinda silly), but i talked to most of the people there. They really do fit the definition of smug by word. You know what the most annoying thing is to me. When they say " I'm not weak enough to believe in god". Hell about 9/10 of the atheist here have said that. Another thing i hate, is that I can't find many people, athletes, or even just people who constantly excersise who are atheist. Most of them just give off the appearance of a selfish,
    unhealthy person

    2. I believe the religion i believe because i have faith in it. I think it makes the most logical sense out of any beliefs/religion out there, and it is something that i just can't find anything wrong with.
    1. The smut for smut campaign is facetious and ultimately accomplishes nothing. So what if some atheists are smug? That doesn't make me a smug atheist, for the love of god lumping an entire group of people with the same characteristics is no different from racism. By arguing that all atheists are smug you're point out your own prejudice.

    Well I must be an anomaly because I am an atheist who works out 3 times a week.

    Listen Empire, I don't go around calling you an African-killer because the Catholic church says condoms cause aids, I don't call you an bigot because the Westboro Baptist church is filled with assholes, I don't call you a murderer because some Christians decided it was ok to bomb an abortion clinic or shoot a doctor leaving his church because he performed late term abortions. I don't call you hypocrite because evangelical christian pastors are found having sex with male prostitutes and doing meth.

    How about you do me a courtesy and not lump me in with selfish, smug and obese atheists?
    Maybe that'll help our discussion.

    2.
    1) I believe it because I have faith in it isn't an explanation, it's a tautology.
    2) "I think it makes the most logical sense out of any beliefs/religion out there"
    Can you please elaborate on this point?
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What are u listening to ....
    By DarkSkillz in forum Entertainment
    Replies: 1915
    Last Post: 11-02-2016, 07:03 AM
  2. The huge topic! Which song are you listening now?
    By smartie in forum Spammers Corner
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-12-2007, 07:22 PM
  3. Listen up Bittchezzzzzz
    By yazh58 in forum WarRock Korea Hacks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-26-2007, 01:03 AM
  4. tfs0skinnys is a scamer dont listen to him
    By pspmaster4 in forum WarRock - International Hacks
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-08-2007, 11:54 AM
  5. just listen
    By wannabehacker00 in forum WarRock - International Hacks
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-08-2006, 11:00 AM