Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 248
  1. #226
    Illuminatus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,497
    Reputation
    2
    Thanks
    46
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by drsynyster View Post


    It's called the debate section for a reason.
    Yes it is.
    But, this subject is getting tiring.
    Its completely impossible to win this debate, so why carry on?




    Press The Thanks Button If I Helped =D
    Quote Originally Posted by mamakiller13 View Post

    and im aint fag,
    FORMERLY KNOWN AS SloaMoeDaea

  2. #227
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,560
    Reputation
    2912
    Thanks
    5,335
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by SloaMoeDaea View Post
    Yes it is.
    But, this subject is getting tiring.
    Its completely impossible to win this debate, so why carry on?
    How else do we develop?

  3. #228
    Illuminatus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,497
    Reputation
    2
    Thanks
    46
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by drsynyster View Post


    How else do we develop?
    By debating other issues?




    Press The Thanks Button If I Helped =D
    Quote Originally Posted by mamakiller13 View Post

    and im aint fag,
    FORMERLY KNOWN AS SloaMoeDaea

  4. #229
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,560
    Reputation
    2912
    Thanks
    5,335
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by SloaMoeDaea View Post
    By debating other issues?
    How is avoiding a topic simply because there are more than one opinion on it in any way a part of development?

    Luckily humanity doesn't adopt your way of thinking otherwise we'd still be cavemen.

  5. #230
    BassSR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    5,824
    Reputation
    570
    Thanks
    330
    Quote Originally Posted by drsynyster View Post


    How is avoiding a topic simply because there are more than one opinion on it in any way a part of development?......


    / if its good enough for the pope its good enough for him.



    ----------------

    Separate note:

    ---------------

    Who made god? seems kinda suspicious that some old fuck is sitting up in the clouds.

    How do you explain other planets?
    surely if you believe in god you must believe in life on another planet, why just life in 0.0000001% of the universe?

    How do you explain fossils that lead to the theory of evolution?

    Why doesn't god stop all the evil that goes on in the world?

    Why do you trust the bible? what has it done for you other than to say believe in god. if you don't, a horned creature will condemn your soul.

    answer me that.

  6. #231
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,560
    Reputation
    2912
    Thanks
    5,335
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemp View Post
    / if its good enough for the pope its good enough for him.



    ----------------

    Separate note:

    ---------------

    Who made god? seems kinda suspicious that some old fuck is sitting up in the clouds.

    How do you explain other planets?
    surely if you believe in god you must believe in life on another planet, why just life in 0.0000001% of the universe?

    How do you explain fossils that lead to the theory of evolution?

    Why doesn't god stop all the evil that goes on in the world?

    Why do you trust the bible? what has it done for you other than to say believe in god. if you don't, a horned creature will condemn your soul.

    answer me that.
    Ehhh. I think I can foresee the answers to all those questions.

  7. #232
    BassSR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    5,824
    Reputation
    570
    Thanks
    330
    oh yeah?


    predict away.

  8. #233
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,560
    Reputation
    2912
    Thanks
    5,335
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Who made god?

    He is the creator. Nothing created him and nothing shall end him. He is a self-existing being.

    God is “everlasting” in nature (Isa. 40:28)

    Before the material creation was spoken into existence, he always was (Psa. 90:2).

    How do you explain other planets?

    If you were to believe in the bible you would not believe in extra-terrestrial life. I don't know why you assume that believing in the bible would mean believing in other lifeforms.

    How do you explain fossils that lead to the theory of evolution?

    A lot of Christians say that the methods and scientific analysis is full of hole and that carbon dating and such isn't full-proof (at least that is what a lot of them say). I've also heard some go on to say that a lot of fossil from extinct creatures were wiped out from the Flood (although this is rather eccentric for even the most orthodox believers).

    However I have spoken to one Christian who says that the reason why there are fossil being found that seem to predate the Bible is because these creatures lived before the "re-creation" which took place on the "6th Day". I find this to be more "logical" so to speak as instead of trying to point holes in the findings of science it simply uses the Bible to tackle the issue.

    You can read more about it here.
    How Does the Bible Explain Fossil Ages Over 6,000 Years (Genesis 1:2)?

    Why doesn't god stop all the evil that goes on in the world?

    Two words: Free Will. I assume that by evil you mean actions carried out by various persona and not naturally occurring events. Well the most common answer and one which is actually logical but seems to be ignored by those who ask the question is that Gods gift to man was free will. This gift cannot be broken by God, or more like God does not want to break free will because that would be wrong. This removes humanity and simply turns us into puppets which isn't really what God wanted.

    Why do you trust the bible?

    Most Christians would say "why wouldn't you trust the Bible, it is the Word of God". I myself would only trust the Bible as a moral guide (at least the New Testament). A lot of knowledgeable people say that if the Bible were to followed through on a moral basis than Christianity would be the best form of humanitarianism. After reading it myself I'm inclined to believe it (apart from the supposed wife beating part, but I think it's more of an orthodox thing anyway).

    Note: I am no way shape or form a Christian. I was once following in the footsteps of devout Christians but that is no longer.
    Last edited by Doc; 08-21-2010 at 10:54 PM.

  9. #234
    Jailbroken671's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    13 28 N, 144 47 E
    Posts
    9,021
    Reputation
    704
    Thanks
    2,054
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by drsynyster View Post
    Who made god?

    He is the creator. Nothing created him and nothing shall end him. He is a self-existing being.

    God is “everlasting” in nature (Isa. 40:28)

    Before the material creation was spoken into existence, he always was (Psa. 90:2).

    How do you explain other planets?

    If you were to believe in the bible you would not believe in extra-terrestrial life. I don't know why you assume that believing in the bible would mean believing in other lifeforms.

    How do you explain fossils that lead to the theory of evolution?

    A lot of Christians say that the methods and scientific analysis is full of hole and that carbon dating and such isn't full-proof (at least that is what a lot of them say). I've also heard some go on to say that a lot of fossil from extinct creatures were wiped out from the Flood (although this is rather eccentric for even the most orthodox believers).

    However I have spoken to one Christian who says that the reason why there are fossil being found that seem to predate the Bible is because these creatures lived before the "re-creation" which took place on the "6th Day". I find this to be more "logical" so to speak as instead of trying to point holes in the findings of science it simply uses the Bible to tackle the issue.

    You can read more about it here.
    How Does the Bible Explain Fossil Ages Over 6,000 Years (Genesis 1:2)?

    Why doesn't god stop all the evil that goes on in the world?

    Two words: Free Will. I assume that by evil you mean actions carried out by various persona and not naturally occurring events. Well the most common answer and one which is actually logical but seems to be ignored by those who ask the question is that Gods gift to man was free will. This gift cannot be broken by God, or more like God does not want to break free will because that would be wrong. This removes humanity and simply turns us into puppets which isn't really what God wanted.

    Why do you trust the bible?

    Most Christians would say "why wouldn't you trust the Bible, it is the Word of God". I myself would only trust the Bible as a moral guide (at least the New Testament). A lot of knowledgeable people say that if the Bible were to followed through on a moral basis than Christianity would be the best form of humanitarianism. After reading it myself I'm inclined to believe it (apart from the supposed wife beating part, but I think it's more of an orthodox thing anyway).

    Note: I am no way shape or form a Christian. I was once following in the footsteps of devout Christians but that is no longer.
    i agree

    There is a God.
    Life couldnt possibly in anyway evolve from nothing, so someone had to create life, which was God

  10. #235
    BassSR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    5,824
    Reputation
    570
    Thanks
    330
    doc just owned me, again.


    .

  11. #236
    Toxic Waltz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    114
    Reputation
    14
    Thanks
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeko671 View Post

    i agree

    There is a God.
    Life couldnt possibly in anyway evolve from nothing, so someone had to create life, which was God
    that isn't logical at all

    why assume that god created the earth if there's no proof.
    and who created god?

    and why the hell can't life evolve from nothing?

  12. #237
    BassSR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    5,824
    Reputation
    570
    Thanks
    330
    because back then they were hella stupid.

  13. #238
    Mouzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Saegertown
    Posts
    9,151
    Reputation
    520
    Thanks
    2,036
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
    that isn't logical at all

    why assume that god created the earth if there's no proof.
    and who created god?

    and why the hell can't life evolve from nothing?
    Because, nothing is nothing-like the number zero, you can't add anything and you can't subtract anything from zero, you can't make nothing from nothing, you see the point?

    Why not? I know that the Earth is created from the sun gravity, but still why not? Why can't we give God the offering? Even if he didn't make the Earth, he still get the 'credit' for making it, because he created everything.

    What created the Big Bang? Did a random theory of a single molecule is created, then what created that single thing?

    I believed that the universe is created by the Big Bang, but what is the universe BEFORE that? Nothing? Then what makes that nothing? What is before that entire Big Bang? If is nothing, what created it?

    God created himself and therefore he isn't nothing, because he is the creator of himself.

  14. #239
    Paroxysm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    4,455
    Reputation
    170
    Thanks
    282
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouzie View Post
    Because, nothing is nothing-like the number zero, you can't add anything and you can't subtract anything from zero, you can't make nothing from nothing, you see the point?

    Why not? I know that the Earth is created from the sun gravity, but still why not? Why can't we give God the offering? Even if he didn't make the Earth, he still get the 'credit' for making it, because he created everything.

    What created the Big Bang? Did a random theory of a single molecule is created, then what created that single thing?

    I believed that the universe is created by the Big Bang, but what is the universe BEFORE that? Nothing? Then what makes that nothing? What is before that entire Big Bang? If is nothing, what created it?

    God created himself and therefore he isn't nothing, because he is the creator of himself.
    No one is saying that before the big bang there was nothing, there was nothing within this universe because there was no universe for there to be stuff in. Making any kind of assumptions about events prior to the big bang without anyway of verifying is just that, an assumption. You're last statement contradicts the entire premise of your argument, you were essential saying "nothing can't create something" then you went on to say that God created himself, creation requires some kind of temporal medium to occur in so there would have to be a period of time where God itself didn't exist. So nothing can become something according to you it's just that you're not comfortable with the possibility that the universe came from nothing, so you have to attribute this casual contradiction to some divine entity. This is where Occam's Razor comes in and ripes your argument to shreds.

    Btw it's nice to see you again, where have you been hiding?
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

  15. #240
    Toxic Waltz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    114
    Reputation
    14
    Thanks
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouzie View Post
    Because, nothing is nothing-like the number zero, you can't add anything and you can't subtract anything from zero, you can't make nothing from nothing, you see the point?

    Why not? I know that the Earth is created from the sun gravity, but still why not? Why can't we give God the offering? Even if he didn't make the Earth, he still get the 'credit' for making it, because he created everything.

    What created the Big Bang? Did a random theory of a single molecule is created, then what created that single thing?

    I believed that the universe is created by the Big Bang, but what is the universe BEFORE that? Nothing? Then what makes that nothing? What is before that entire Big Bang? If is nothing, what created it?

    God created himself and therefore he isn't nothing, because he is the creator of himself.
    earth isn't created form the sun gravity /
    it is caused by forces between molecules which made them all clutter together...

    you are saying that god created himself. that means that more gods could pop up any moment, right?

    my point is: if you can't find an explanation for something, don't make one up without any proof
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheeko
    Life couldnt possibly in anyway evolve from nothing:
    Abiogenesis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    @paroxysm
    nice link.
    Last edited by Toxic Waltz; 08-22-2010 at 06:25 AM.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Live evidence of the existence of God #1
    By -Lame in forum Islam vs Western World
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03-24-2010, 08:21 PM
  2. Argument for the existence of GOD
    By hbk in forum Islam vs Western World
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-24-2010, 07:23 PM
  3. GOOD BYE TO THE WORLD OF MPGH and its great members
    By iverson954360 in forum General
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 09-09-2006, 02:27 PM
  4. all the words like wtf and there explanation
    By Pepijntje in forum General
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-10-2006, 01:17 PM
  5. The future is here and it sucks...
    By Dave84311 in forum General
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-13-2006, 08:42 AM