Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
Results 241 to 248 of 248
  1. #241
    Mouzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Saegertown
    Posts
    9,151
    Reputation
    520
    Thanks
    2,036
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    No one is saying that before the big bang there was nothing, there was nothing within this universe because there was no universe for there to be stuff in. Making any kind of assumptions about events prior to the big bang without anyway of verifying is just that, an assumption. You're last statement contradicts the entire premise of your argument, you were essential saying "nothing can't create something" then you went on to say that God created himself, creation requires some kind of temporal medium to occur in so there would have to be a period of time where God itself didn't exist. So nothing can become something according to you it's just that you're not comfortable with the possibility that the universe came from nothing, so you have to attribute this casual contradiction to some divine entity. This is where Occam's Razor comes in and ripes your argument to shreds.

    Btw it's nice to see you again, where have you been hiding?
    I was in the Combat Arms thread, quit the game, and had to do my military services. So I came back to lurk around, thanks again, nice to see you again my Russian friend.

    You can't create nothing from nothing, but God isn't nothing, he is a spiritual being, he isn't nothing, he is himself. While, I agree with you, I have to disagree with you. Creation does not have to have a 'temp' medium, your thoughts is an ever lasting creation of the mind and processes of yourself. While, I am mostly talking out of my ass to be honest.

    I am very comfortable with anything that occurred, I will learn the truth when I die, while it is in a war or something else. If nothing happen, my last thought will be. "Why the fuck I wasted years not being able to eat a bacon sandwich with cheese?"

    Good link, love reading it, but how it didn't rip my comment into thread as I found this in the wiki:
    Rather than argue for the necessity of God, some theists consider their belief to be based on grounds independent of, or prior to, reason, making Occam's razor irrelevant. This was the stance of Søren Kierkegaard, who viewed belief in God as a leap of faith which sometimes directly opposed reason (McDonald 2005); A leap of faith, in its most commonly used meaning, is the act of believing in or accepting something intangible or unprovable, or without empirical evidence.[1] It is an act commonly associated with religious belief as many religions consider faith to be an essential element of piety, as well as scientists who take a great leap of faith when a new Idea is thought of, as well as the believing in the unprovable and the theoretical.

    And boom goes the dynamite!

    Quote Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
    earth isn't created form the sun gravity /
    it is caused by forces between molecules which made them all clutter together...

    you are saying that god created himself. that means that more gods could pop up any moment, right?

    my point is: if you can't find an explanation for something, don't make one up without any proof

    Abiogenesis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    @paroxysm
    nice link.
    There is, there is a shit load of Gods, look them up, you can easily make one up, name Ukeelanaiosdihasudagsufias the Rapist of Babies and follow a faith behind him, chances are, you're crazy and don't have a normal physiologic mind. Other people DO make Gods up, but they are often copied or designed from faiths already created. There is thousands of Gods created by our human kind for years, the perfect example are the Native Americans and the Indians, but what is amazing that some tribes (I don't know how many do this, so I can't say an number figure.) believed in a Great Spirit, the Earth creator and creator of all life and things. But they never met Europeans till hundreds of years later, so copying from them is debunked (but maybe not)

    And your point? Well no offense is kind of flawed, it is call theory or I like to call it, 'theory of the mind'. While I am not a huge expert in science, I am trying to back away from my Jewish faith and trying to see the world without religions. A theory is a guess, all scientists make a guess.

    Example, I don't know what is beyond the Big Bang, so I explains that it was created by God as God created himself and everything. But, I am allow to say that, because it is a guess, a theory, a theory is proven wrong or right, or inconclusive.

    I was kinda right about the Earth creation:
    "It is not known precisely what mechanism caused the precursor of the solar system, a gaseous nebulae, to form into the Sun and its attendant accretion disc. It may have been shockwaves from a nearby supernova, or simple gravitational collapse due to a threshold density. Whatever the cause, when enough density gathered in the center of the gas cloud, it ignited to become the Sun. The resulting heat banished volatiles (materials with low melting points) to the outer solar system, while leaving rocky bodies, like the Earth, Mercury, Venus, and Mars, in the inner solar system, where they could grow.

    The early creation of the Earth was not so smooth, a series of events characterized by massive impacts. Due to energy leftover from the gravitational collapse that formed the Earth, the surface would have initially been a magma ocean until it slowly cooled down. Shortly after the formation of the Earth, the planet was impacted by a Mars-sized body called Theia which formed in a Lagrange point (point of gravitational equilibrium) in the Earth's orbit but not at the exact same place. Over a period of time, orbital oscillations caused Theia to impact the Earth, ejecting many gigatons of material which agglomerated to form the Moon."

    Moon got hit by shit and chunks came off of it and landed on Earth adding things like water.
    Last edited by Mouzie; 08-22-2010 at 08:20 AM.

  2. #242
    Auxilium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    深い碧の果てに
    Posts
    4,518
    Reputation
    445
    Thanks
    606
    My Mood
    Happy
    does this guy know matter can randomly creates itself out of nowhere?

  3. #243
    Mouzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Saegertown
    Posts
    9,151
    Reputation
    520
    Thanks
    2,036
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Koreans View Post
    does this guy know matter can randomly creates itself out of nowhere?
    I have to say you're wrong,

    Matter is a general term for the substance of which all physical objects are made.[1][2] Typically, matter includes atoms and other particles which have mass. A common way of defining matter is as anything that has mass and occupies volume.[3]
    Last edited by Mouzie; 08-22-2010 at 09:46 AM.

  4. #244
    Paroxysm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    4,455
    Reputation
    170
    Thanks
    282
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouzie View Post
    I have to say you're wrong,

    Matter is a general term for the substance of which all physical objects are made.[1][2] Typically, matter includes atoms and other particles which have mass. A common way of defining matter is as anything that has mass and occupies volume.[3]
    He's referring to virtual particles



    Quote Originally Posted by Mouzie View Post
    Good link, love reading it, but how it didn't rip my comment into thread as I found this in the wiki:
    Rather than argue for the necessity of God, some theists consider their belief to be based on grounds independent of, or prior to, reason, making Occam's razor irrelevant. This was the stance of Søren Kierkegaard, who viewed belief in God as a leap of faith which sometimes directly opposed reason (McDonald 2005); A leap of faith, in its most commonly used meaning, is the act of believing in or accepting something intangible or unprovable, or without empirical evidence.[1] It is an act commonly associated with religious belief as many religions consider faith to be an essential element of piety, as well as scientists who take a great leap of faith when a new Idea is thought of, as well as the believing in the unprovable and the theoretical.

    And boom goes the dynamite!
    What do you mean "boom goes the dynamite"? That isn't a praiseworthy statement, that's a statement of prideful ignorance, the ability to accept things that contradict reason isn't a virtue. It's the pinnacle of arrogance, it's essentially saying "the universe is what I say it is and I don't care what evidence or reason you want to bring". "Faith" is no virtue, it only narrows the views of believers and prevents them from appreciating the real beauty in the world.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

  5. #245
    Popsicle™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    On Earth DUHHH
    Posts
    2,339
    Reputation
    86
    Thanks
    336
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouzie View Post
    I have to say you're wrong,

    Matter is a general term for the substance of which all physical objects are made.[1][2] Typically, matter includes atoms and other particles which have mass. A common way of defining matter is as anything that has mass and occupies volume.[3]
    omg ahh u sound to smart D:



  6. #246
    Mouzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Saegertown
    Posts
    9,151
    Reputation
    520
    Thanks
    2,036
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    He's referring to virtual particles





    What do you mean "boom goes the dynamite"? That isn't a praiseworthy statement, that's a statement of prideful ignorance, the ability to accept things that contradict reason isn't a virtue. It's the pinnacle of arrogance, it's essentially saying "the universe is what I say it is and I don't care what evidence or reason you want to bring". "Faith" is no virtue, it only narrows the views of believers and prevents them from appreciating the real beauty in the world.
    Ah, I wish he was more specific.

    I wasn't being being praiseworthy, I was being silly, I don't think I am right, I know I am wrong and my argument is lame. I agreed with you, and I didn't say anything, I said that the universe is created by the Big Bang, but I said that I think of what is BEFORE the Big Bang. I am terrible with science, but history, religion, economic, conflicts (like armed conflicts), medicine, and physiology is my key. Science? I suck.

    Maybe, I should let you read a story I am writing, mm.

  7. #247
    Paroxysm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    4,455
    Reputation
    170
    Thanks
    282
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouzie View Post
    Ah, I wish he was more specific.

    I wasn't being being praiseworthy, I was being silly, I don't think I am right, I know I am wrong and my argument is lame. I agreed with you, and I didn't say anything, I said that the universe is created by the Big Bang, but I said that I think of what is BEFORE the Big Bang. I am terrible with science, but history, religion, economic, conflicts (like armed conflicts), medicine, and physiology is my key. Science? I suck.

    Maybe, I should let you read a story I am writing, mm.
    This was over a little quicker than I was hoping... It's been a while since I've had a philosophical discussion of any kind let alone one on deities.

    Sure I'd be glad to read your story.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

  8. #248
    Mouzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Saegertown
    Posts
    9,151
    Reputation
    520
    Thanks
    2,036
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    This was over a little quicker than I was hoping... It's been a while since I've had a philosophical discussion of any kind let alone one on deities.

    Sure I'd be glad to read your story.
    I'm not good at typing out arguments unless it is something I can clearly know.

    Alright, thanks.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Similar Threads

  1. Live evidence of the existence of God #1
    By -Lame in forum Islam vs Western World
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03-24-2010, 08:21 PM
  2. Argument for the existence of GOD
    By hbk in forum Islam vs Western World
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-24-2010, 07:23 PM
  3. GOOD BYE TO THE WORLD OF MPGH and its great members
    By iverson954360 in forum General
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 09-09-2006, 02:27 PM
  4. all the words like wtf and there explanation
    By Pepijntje in forum General
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-10-2006, 01:17 PM
  5. The future is here and it sucks...
    By Dave84311 in forum General
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-13-2006, 08:42 AM