Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 109
  1. #61
    argusomega1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,289
    Reputation
    22
    Thanks
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Born To Die View Post
    The only one being illogical is Endrit at the moment.
    Beliefs are beliefs,Endrit believes in what he thinks is right,so do I,so do you,so does everyone.Though what someone believes in can be manipulated to anothers own goals,which is what I think.
    I buy stuff

  2. #62
    Born To Die's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Gender
    female
    Posts
    1,133
    Reputation
    6
    Thanks
    146
    My Mood
    Daring
    Quote Originally Posted by EndRiT View Post

    If I told you that I saw a dog with wings that can fly, you have no proof that it doesn't exist. Does that make me correct?
    It doesn't necissarily have to make you correct.
    But it also doesn't mean that you're incorrect, becacuse there's no way to prove you didn't see it.
    It's up to me to believe it or not.


    Quote Originally Posted by argusomega1 View Post
    Beliefs are beliefs,Endrit believes in what he thinks is right,so do I,so do you,so does everyone.Though what someone believes in can be manipulated to anothers own goals,which is what I think.
    But Endrit says he doesn't believe, but that he knows. That's illogical, because there's no way to know it.

  3. #63
    Paroxysm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    4,455
    Reputation
    170
    Thanks
    282
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by Born To Die View Post
    @Endrit
    You're wrong..
    It's not that Atheists don't believe in God.
    Atheists believe that God does not exist.
    It's a big difference, and therefore it's a religion.
    Let me break it down for you, first of all atheism isn't the "belief there is no god", atheism is the rejection of theism because it is unsupported. Most atheists don't claim to know there is no god, nor believe there is no God. Most atheists are agnostic atheist in the sense that they do not accept the claim "God exists" but neither do they accept the claim that "God doesn't exists". You won't find me saying "I know there is no God". Then there are gnostic atheists, sometimes I'm in this category, other times I'm not it all comes down to scope and degree. With respect to a "God" I'm an agnostic atheist, when it comes to specific Gods like Yahweh or Allah I'm a gnostic atheist because I know those Gods do not exist because they are defined in logically contradictory terms.

    Having said this I'm not posting any more unless this is moved to the debate section, sorry OP for ruining a perfectly good thread.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

  4. #64
    argusomega1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,289
    Reputation
    22
    Thanks
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Born To Die View Post
    It doesn't necissarily have to make you correct.
    But it also doesn't mean that you're incorrect, becacuse there's no way to prove you didn't see it.
    It's up to me to believe it or not.



    But Endrit says he doesn't believe, but that he knows. That's illogical, because there's no way to know it.
    But he believes that God cannot exist,so that is his belief,you believe Chaos is the domineering factor of our lifes,which is your belief,my belief is one that I only believe what can be proven through science.
    I buy stuff

  5. #65
    Born To Die's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Gender
    female
    Posts
    1,133
    Reputation
    6
    Thanks
    146
    My Mood
    Daring
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    Let me break it down for you, first of all atheism isn't the "belief there is no god", atheism is the rejection of theism because it is unsupported. Most atheists don't claim to know there is no god, nor believe there is no God. Most atheists are agnostic atheist in the sense that they do not accept the claim "God exists" but neither do they accept the claim that "God doesn't exists". You won't find me saying "I know there is no God". Then there are gnostic atheists, sometimes I'm in this category, other times I'm not it all comes down to scope and degree. With respect to a "God" I'm an agnostic atheist, when it comes to specific Gods like Yahweh or Allah I'm a gnostic atheist because I know those Gods do not exist because they are defined in logically contradictory terms.

    Having said this I'm not posting any more unless this is moved to the debate section, sorry OP for ruining a perfectly good thread.
    Thanks for your explanation, Paroxysm.
    But does this mean Atheism is a religion, or is it not?


    /Request move to the debate section.

  6. #66
    EndRiT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Gender
    male
    Location
    USSR
    Posts
    12,751
    Reputation
    159
    Thanks
    4,294,967,295
    Now you have just lost.
    Christians will always say something like that, no matter how impossible the situation. Think LOGICALLY for a second, we both know dogs can't fly.
    Yet you are saying that I could be correct?
    You are going against your own knowledge, your own feelings.

  7. #67
    argusomega1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,289
    Reputation
    22
    Thanks
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Born To Die View Post
    Thanks for your explanation, Paroxysm.
    But does this mean Atheism is a religion, or is it not?


    /Request move to the debate section.
    Athiesm believes in something,so anything that people believe in and follow a guise of rules that the religon proposes is,a religon.
    I buy stuff

  8. #68
    Born To Die's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Gender
    female
    Posts
    1,133
    Reputation
    6
    Thanks
    146
    My Mood
    Daring
    Quote Originally Posted by EndRiT View Post
    Now you have just lost.
    Christians will always say something like that, no matter how impossible the situation. Think LOGICALLY for a second, we both know dogs can't fly.
    Yet you are saying that I could be correct?
    You are going against your own knowledge, your own feelings.
    Why are we talking about Bertrand Russells theory all of a sudden?

  9. #69
    Paroxysm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    4,455
    Reputation
    170
    Thanks
    282
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by Born To Die View Post
    Thanks for your explanation, Paroxysm.
    But does this mean Atheism is a religion, or is it not?


    /Request move to the debate section.
    The sub-group of atheists that claim to know "there is no God" is so small that defining atheism as a religion would be egregious.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

  10. #70
    EndRiT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Gender
    male
    Location
    USSR
    Posts
    12,751
    Reputation
    159
    Thanks
    4,294,967,295
    It was on-topic. Who cares whos theory it is?

  11. #71
    argusomega1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,289
    Reputation
    22
    Thanks
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Born To Die View Post
    Why are we talking about Bertrand Russells theory all of a sudden?
    Because that is how man works,we create something that we see can be used to our own gain,so we use it to survive(not the case here)
    I buy stuff

  12. #72
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,560
    Reputation
    2912
    Thanks
    5,336
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by dakillas2 View Post
    Dave needs to add a religion section, this is annoying to see atheist people posting this shit, offending people like me. It is bullshit, and people that posts stuff like this that offends people that believe in God, should be banned.
    Its called the debate section. I wish more people would use it.

  13. #73
    EndRiT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Gender
    male
    Location
    USSR
    Posts
    12,751
    Reputation
    159
    Thanks
    4,294,967,295
    The concept of God is flawed.
    Believing in something nearly unexplainable (there are some facts, redshift etc but mostly theories) such as the Big Bang is far more logical than believing in something that has absolutely logical grounds.

    Why complicate things? Surely if there was a God, we wouldn't be debating if he existed or not.

  14. #74
    Imperial Commando's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Death Star.
    Posts
    2,583
    Reputation
    67
    Thanks
    160
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Anderson Silva View Post
    If they were, They would have had to have sex. Then they would produce babies, And they would produce babies and so on.

    If this were true, We are all family are having sex with each other. /yea

    Incest ftl.


    Mis-type in the thread name, Sorry.
    if u actually read the bible, it states that eve was thrown out of the garden and god made Adam a new wife.

  15. #75
    Born To Die's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Gender
    female
    Posts
    1,133
    Reputation
    6
    Thanks
    146
    My Mood
    Daring
    Quote Originally Posted by EndRiT View Post

    Why complicate things? Surely if there was a God, we wouldn't be debating if he existed or not.
    There is a God. A Goddess, to be exact.
    His name is Eris. The Goddess of chaos. That's why we are debating.

    Everything is chaos.
    Order is just the prevailing form of chaos.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Request] can some one make a mod that has paint ball bullets
    By fallen_hero in forum Combat Arms Mod Request
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-22-2011, 09:29 PM
  2. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-11-2010, 01:43 PM
  3. Could i get some help for an Injector that injects a dll from ftp?
    By Sydney in forum Visual Basic Programming
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-29-2010, 08:03 AM
  4. PerX(since some people ask for it)
    By Derail in forum CrossFire Hacks & Cheats
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 04-05-2010, 10:33 PM
  5. some site has hacks
    By kcfreak in forum Combat Arms Hacks & Cheats
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-25-2009, 04:08 PM