Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25
  1. #1
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive

    What the "soul" is.

    This is to explain to you people what a "soul" is when people talk about the soul outside of fiction and anime.


    A soul is everything a person is, knows, and can be.

    Its everything he has been/done, everything he could be, and his perspective.

    A soul is not some sort of glowing blue orb inside of you, its not some sort of translucent body that appears when you die.

    A soul is basically everything you are/were/can be.

    You don't have to be religious to accept this. But thats what a soul truly is.


  2. #2
    shahin7777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Some where with a lot of hot chicks!
    Posts
    671
    Reputation
    6
    Thanks
    380
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Why are MPGH members soo obsessed with anime?

  3. #3
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by shahin7777 View Post
    Why are MPGH members soo obsessed with anime?
    I'll settle this.

    1. Most of the people here who like anime, can also do decent gfx. There are a lot more CA/CF signatures, but they don't stand out as much because they are fuck ugly.
    -Such as yours.
    2. No one here is actually by definition "obsessed." We watch anime, we like it, but in all honesty no one here is that much into it that there lives revolve around it.
    3. The reason you say that is because of what we call "animephobia" Your afraid of anime, you think that people who watch it are wierd, and although you might not want to admit it, anime is just another way of telling a story.


  4. #4
    Disco //'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,550
    Reputation
    7
    Thanks
    124
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    This is to explain to you people what a "soul" is when people talk about the soul outside of fiction and anime.


    A soul is everything a person is, knows, and can be.

    Its everything he has been/done, everything he could be, and his perspective.

    A soul is not some sort of glowing blue orb inside of you, its not some sort of translucent body that appears when you die.

    A soul is basically everything you are/were/can be.

    You don't have to be religious to accept this. But thats what a soul truly is.
    In a way I agree, but some people might say that theres no such thing as a "soul" only a brain and a consunce. =/

  5. #5
    -Lame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Saudi Arabia
    Posts
    6,783
    Reputation
    263
    Thanks
    658
    My Mood
    Cynical
    May my soul rest in peace.

  6. #6
    tdct's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    1,460
    Reputation
    105
    Thanks
    391
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    This is to explain to you people what a "soul" is when people talk about the soul outside of fiction and anime.


    A soul is everything a person is, knows, and can be.

    Its everything he has been/done, everything he could be, and his perspective.

    A soul is not some sort of glowing blue orb inside of you, its not some sort of translucent body that appears when you die.

    A soul is basically everything you are/were/can be.

    You don't have to be religious to accept this. But thats what a soul truly is.
    # the immaterial part of a person; the actuating cause of an individual life
    # person: a human being; "there was too much for one person to do"
    # deep feeling or emotion
    # the human embodiment of something; "the soul of honor"

    These are the definitions from Google, I suppose you could think of it as that, but you just gave the word a new definition, I guess that works considering there is no one word that I can think of off hand in the English language that is your personality, intelligence, memories, talents, experiences, and every detail about you, but for all you Christians out there people that get in an accident and permanently forget everything they knew, or people that have brain damage and can't feel emotion, well those situations completely change who you are, and by your definition that changes there soul, and if your religious I'm pretty sure that many of you believe that your soul cannot be changed by a situation such as this.
    So empire, there is a bit of a problem with your definition, unless you want to flat out say all those religious are wrong and that your right?
    Last edited by tdct; 08-12-2010 at 01:10 PM.

  7. #7
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Every religion has a different take on it. I'm not gonna debate Christianity's because in all honesty i never really cared for theirs.

    Saying i'm right over ________religion? Yeahp.


  8. #8
    tdct's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    1,460
    Reputation
    105
    Thanks
    391
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    Every religion has a different take on it. I'm not gonna debate Christianity's because in all honesty i never really cared for theirs.

    Saying i'm right over ________religion? Yeahp.
    How can you say your right over them when you've both given a word your own personal definition, if they say it's a blue orb of translucent energy, and you say it's everything about a person, and there both not the actual definition, why is yours right when theirs is wrong, when in reality there both wrong, if you have the right to say your definition is right, they have the right to do the same, and since those two definitions can not coexist under one definition, considering that they are contradictory to each other, so the logical thing to do would be say that your both wrong.

  9. #9
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by tdct View Post


    How can you say your right over them when you've both given a word your own personal definition, if they say it's a blue orb of translucent energy, and you say it's everything about a person, and there both not the actual definition, why is yours right when theirs is wrong, when in reality there both wrong, if you have the right to say your definition is right, they have the right to do the same, and since those two definitions can not coexist under one definition, considering that they are contradictory to each other, so the logical thing to do would be say that your both wrong.
    Are you an atheist?
    (answer that one first)

    By your logic everyone is wrong about everything. Nice one.


  10. #10
    tdct's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    1,460
    Reputation
    105
    Thanks
    391
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Yes I am an atheist, but not a strong one, I just follow the side w/the best argument/evidence, if the tide turned toward religion I would switch sides. And regarding your second statement, no by my logic a definition cannot contradict itself, and what you've just done is created a definition which is an oxymoron.
    Last edited by tdct; 08-12-2010 at 02:08 PM.

  11. #11
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by tdct View Post
    Yes I am an atheist, but not a strong one, I just follow the side w/the best argument/evidence, if the tide turned toward religion I would switch sides. And regarding your second statement, no by my logic a definition cannot contradict itself, and what you've just done is created a definition which is an oxymoron.
    No, by your logic, if two sides disagree, both are wrong.

    Also the atheist part is funny to me, your so weak that you only follow sides?


  12. #12
    tdct's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    1,460
    Reputation
    105
    Thanks
    391
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    No, by your logic, if two sides disagree, both are wrong.

    Also the atheist part is funny to me, your so weak that you only follow sides?
    Look dude, let me put it as simply as possible because your being a bit dense, If you have the right to give a word your own personal definition, why do religious people not have the same right, and if that's true, then your definition contradictory itself, and since it's impossible for something to be contradictory to itself the only logical action is to say both of your definitions for the word are invalid, your definition makes no more sense than saying your white shirt is black.

  13. #13
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by tdct View Post


    Look dude, let me put it as simply as possible because your being a bit dense, If you have the right to give a word your own personal definition, why do religious people not have the same right, and if that's true, then your definition contradictory itself, and since it's impossible for something to be contradictory to itself the only logical action is to say both of your definitions for the word are invalid, your definition makes no more sense than saying your white shirt is black.
    How is my definition in any way a contradiction to itself?

    All your saying is "i don't agree so it must be wrong." Except your not saying why you disagree, your just saying that if one definition is different it is wrong.

    Seriously gtfo if you don't have anything else to say besides "its a contradiction". Because its not in any way a contradiction to itself.


  14. #14
    Disco //'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,550
    Reputation
    7
    Thanks
    124
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    How is my definition in any way a contradiction to itself?

    All your saying is "i don't agree so it must be wrong." Except your not saying why you disagree, your just saying that if one definition is different it is wrong.

    Seriously gtfo if you don't have anything else to say besides "its a contradiction". Because its not in any way a contradiction to itself.
    dont tell him to gtfo if this is in the debate section :/ that riuns the whole point of debate/this thread

  15. #15
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    When your not debating i can say it.


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. "MyBBoard"?!?!?! WHAT THE FUCK
    By Jackal in forum General
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-12-2007, 06:22 AM
  2. Whats The Mening Of Life
    By Gourav2122 in forum Spammers Corner
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-20-2006, 04:54 PM
  3. ok WHAT THE SHIT
    By kvmn8 in forum Entertainment
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-11-2006, 10:25 PM
  4. What - The - FUCK?!
    By OutZida in forum Art & Graphic Design
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-22-2006, 04:58 AM