Thread: War

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 64
  1. #31
    Mouzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Saegertown
    Posts
    9,151
    Reputation
    520
    Thanks
    2,036
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    Chess, really? Your comparing war, to chess.

    I get that your making a point about how strategy is needed just like chess, but wow.

    But stop deluding yourself Mouzie. War is not a game, it is not chess or any other variant.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    "Unless you been in a war, please don't start this debate with me"

    Really mouzie? Because you sure talk like you have been in a war. Hell i know tons of my soldier friends that have obviously been to war, none of them ever, ever compared war to chess. It simply mocks those lives lost like a slap to the face.

    Mouzie, i'm honestly not surprised anymore. I was, but then i realized i'm on a hacking site and i can't trust people to have adult life views.
    You're not getting my point and most likely will refuse to see my point.

    I'm not seriously talking about war as a game, but methodical speaking, yes you nailed a part about the chess, but chess is the basic principle of war.

    I teach many people to look at a chess set as you would see as a military and a battlefield.

    The chess board is your battlefield, you have two pieces, your goal is to simply win, by killing the king (the leader) or by a stalemate.

    You have pieces, these pieces are your soldiers, your tanks, so on and so on.

    Ex: Pawn are infantry and can only 'flank' the enemy.

    You need to understand that I am thinking deeper inside of war than just war itself. I know that war is a terrible thing, I've seen rocket attacks on my people and seen a friend die. I know war is an utterly terrible thing, but the thing is, you need to understand that I am not talking about war like WAR but the deeper meaning of it and how it is connected to many things.

  2. #32
    Casavir's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Athens,Greece
    Posts
    1,261
    Reputation
    23
    Thanks
    168
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    Empire,at least Mouzie has some arguements and he supports them constructively.
    War isn't the same for all people.
    Some like it,some get Traumas(syndromes,injuries etc) some are so disgusted they end their own life.
    At least he can tell his opinion the way he thinks war is like,not like that ftard Joemommahitme
    which after I saw his post I felt like puking.

    War is like chess to generals,just so you know.from antiquity,Generals used pawns in a table battlefield like,horses for csavalry,a soldier for infantry divisions...
    Quote Originally Posted by Armalite42 View Post
    I am the sperm that won
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    Surprisingly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    whoever made this thread... you just got owned by Casavir...
    Ὦ ξεῖν', ἀγγέλλειν Λακεδαιμονίοις ὅτι τῇδε κείμεθα, τοῖς κείνων ῥήμασι πειθόμενοι.

    50% Spartan,50% Macedonian.100% Greek

  3. #33
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Mouzie, i'm not sure if English is your second langauge, but your replacing War with strategy.

    You pretty much say "war" is "strategy"

    Looking deeper, uh no, your looking into "strategy" yes, but into war no.

    Last edited by Empire; 09-11-2010 at 03:58 PM.


  4. #34
    Mouzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Saegertown
    Posts
    9,151
    Reputation
    520
    Thanks
    2,036
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    Mouzie, i'm not sure if English is your second langauge, but your replacing War with strategy.

    You pretty much say "war" is "strategy"

    Looking deeper, uh no, your looking into "strategy" yes, but into war no.

    I'm not, like I said you're not going to view my point, you're only going to twist my words to fit into your own needs in which you try and counter my debate with something that I didn't say or have nothing to do with it.

    I clearly showed what I know, you don't.

    (quote) Strategy, a word of military origin, refers to a plan of action designed to achieve a particular goal. In military usage strategy is distinct from tactics, which are concerned with the conduct of an engagement, while strategy is concerned with how different engagements are linked. How a battle is fought is a matter of tactics: the terms and conditions that it is fought on and whether it should be fought at all is a matter of strategy, which is part of the four levels of warfare: political goals or grand strategy, strategy, operations, and tactics. (unquote)

    I was talking about chess as an example of war.

    Clearly you can't stay on track and so I cease to debate such nonsense to you.

  5. #35
    stramarty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    female
    Posts
    15
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Chess > War

    A world would be much more safer place to live if all military conflicts would be solved by a chess game between opposite fraction leaders.

  6. #36
    Casavir's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Athens,Greece
    Posts
    1,261
    Reputation
    23
    Thanks
    168
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    Quote Originally Posted by stramarty View Post
    Chess > War

    A world would be much more safer place to live if all military conflicts would be solved by a chess game between opposite fraction leaders.
    that way my friend,america would never EVER win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Armalite42 View Post
    I am the sperm that won
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    Surprisingly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    whoever made this thread... you just got owned by Casavir...
    Ὦ ξεῖν', ἀγγέλλειν Λακεδαιμονίοις ὅτι τῇδε κείμεθα, τοῖς κείνων ῥήμασι πειθόμενοι.

    50% Spartan,50% Macedonian.100% Greek

  7. #37
    tdct's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    1,460
    Reputation
    105
    Thanks
    391
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    Chess, really? Your comparing war, to chess.

    I get that your making a point about how strategy is needed just like chess, but wow.

    But stop deluding yourself Mouzie. War is not a game, it is not chess or any other variant.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    "Unless you been in a war, please don't start this debate with me"

    Really mouzie? Because you sure talk like you have been in a war. Hell i know tons of my soldier friends that have obviously been to war, none of them ever, ever compared war to chess. It simply mocks those lives lost like a slap to the face.

    Mouzie, i'm honestly not surprised anymore. I was, but then i realized i'm on a hacking site and i can't trust people to have adult life views.
    When you say adult views you mean your views, or popular views, doesn't make them any more intelligible, and reality is often a slap in the face, they died because of a game two countries that they are loyal to decided to play.

  8. #38
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouzie View Post
    I'm not, like I said you're not going to view my point, you're only going to twist my words to fit into your own needs in which you try and counter my debate with something that I didn't say or have nothing to do with it.


    I was talking about chess as an example of war.

    Clearly you can't stay on track and so I cease to debate such nonsense to you.
    Mouzie, you stop trying to pull the "twist my words" bullshit with me.

    You are using chess as an example of war strategy.

    Clearly I can't stay on track? Mouzie, you go off and talk about chess for fucks sake.
    ---------------------

    Tdct, dude, you can't be any more stupid can you?

    A game is football, you both have some mutual "goal"(points in this case) and the winner is decided by the conditions of "victory."

    Now yeah, you could argue at the very, very basics war has a winner and a loser.

    But thats it. War isn't a game, sorry guys, its not fucking Call of Duty or chess.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

    I feel like i'm playing tag and your the people who don't know what "being it" is.

    I really shouldn't have made this thread, i knew kids like you guys would come in with this shit.

    Bad move on my part, but w/e. Just shows me who's who.


  9. #39
    tdct's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    1,460
    Reputation
    105
    Thanks
    391
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    Mouzie, you stop trying to pull the "twist my words" bullshit with me.

    You are using chess as an example of war strategy.

    Clearly I can't stay on track? Mouzie, you go off and talk about chess for fucks sake.
    ---------------------

    Tdct, dude, you can't be any more stupid can you?

    A game is football, you both have some mutual "goal"(points in this case) and the winner is decided by the conditions of "victory."

    Now yeah, you could argue at the very, very basics war has a winner and a loser.

    But thats it. War isn't a game, sorry guys, its not fucking Call of Duty or chess.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

    I feel like i'm playing tag and your the people who don't know what "being it" is.

    I really shouldn't have made this thread, i knew kids like you guys would come in with this shit.

    Bad move on my part, but w/e. Just shows me who's who.
    Okay, I'm going to end your rampage of stupidity right here, if I do not respond to your response it is because I am tired of dealing with your dense, unintelligible bullshit, clearly you will never admit the critical flaws in your argument. No matter how you look it at war is a game, just because your naive mind associates the word game with friendly little bunnies that put a warm fuzzy feeling in your heart, doesn't mean war is not a game. In a war there is two opposing forces, it either ends in a stalemate, a victory, or a defeat, and to win you must use strategy. Even brute force can be considered a strategy. That is the list of qualities that all games share. War clearly meets the standards. Just because it's what you would perceive to be a, "sick," game doesn't mean it's not a game, be rational or don't bother responding, because know that if your response is not more intelligible that your prior responses I will not answer it, due to it's worthlessness.

  10. #40
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    You play way too much video games

    You could argue logically that it is a game, but hell, just ask any soldier if what he does is a game(besides mouzie because i'm kinda iffy on if he's a real soldier)

    Go ask soldiers if what they do is a game, put it on youtube too because i'm sure it will get great views(that is if you don't get beat the fuck out on your first question).

    You know, over the internet you can talk as much shit as you like, but honestly we all know that in real life only idiots shit like "war is a game." And we all know if you dare say that what they do is a game to a soldier, your chances of getting beat the fuck out rise quite high.
    (well, maybe less since your still a kid)
    -------------------------------------------------------------

    And there lies the problem, spoiled kids like you can say w/e they like, basically paragraphs of insults, and then think they are big shit.

    Meh w/e, I keep making the mistake of taking this seriously. I do this every once and again, and then go back to my usual self.

    You know whats funny:

    Give me the money that has been spent in war and I will clothe every man, woman, and child in an attire of which kings and queens will be proud. I will build a schoolhouse in every valley over the whole earth. I will crown every hillside with a place of worship consecrated to peace. ~Charles Sumner


    War does not determine who is right - only who is left. ~Bertrand Russell


    It'll be a great day when education gets all the money it wants and the Air Force has to hold a bake sale to buy bombers. ~Author unknown, quoted in You Said a Mouthful edited by Ronald D. Fuchs


    I dream of giving birth to a child who will ask, "Mother, what was war?" ~Eve Merriam


    The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking... the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker. ~Albert Einstein


    The direct use of force is such a poor solution to any problem, it is generally employed only by small children and large nations. ~David Friedman


    "There are no atheists in foxholes" isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes. ~James Morrow


    Sometimes I think it should be a rule of war that you have to see somebody up close and get to know him before you can shoot him. ~M*A*S*H, Colonel Potter


    All the arms we need are for hugging. ~Author Unknown


    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon. ~Napoleon


    If we do not end war - war will end us. Everybody says that, millions of people believe it, and nobody does anything. ~H.G. Wells, Things to Come (the "film story"), Part III, adapted from his 1933 novel The Shape of Things to Come, spoken by the character John Cabal (Thanks Bill!)


    A great war leaves the country with three armies - an army of cripples, an army of mourners, and an army of thieves. ~German Proverb


    The world has achieved brilliance without wisdom, power without conscience. Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants. We know more about war that we know about peace, more about killing that we know about living. ~Omar Bradley

    I find all these quotes, and more from famous people throughout history, yet the only thing i can find for "war being good" is that it grows the economy.( I just laughed at the selfishness of some people)

    My original argument is on war being stupid and unnecessary, none have proven me wrong.

    You say war is a game, i say go say that to vet.

    /done.


  11. #41
    tdct's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    1,460
    Reputation
    105
    Thanks
    391
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    You play way too much video games

    You could argue logically that it is a game, but hell, just ask any soldier if what he does is a game(besides mouzie because i'm kinda iffy on if he's a real soldier)

    Go ask soldiers if what they do is a game, put it on youtube too because i'm sure it will get great views(that is if you don't get beat the fuck out on your first question).

    You know, over the internet you can talk as much shit as you like, but honestly we all know that in real life only idiots shit like "war is a game." And we all know if you dare say that what they do is a game to a soldier, your chances of getting beat the fuck out rise quite high.
    (well, maybe less since your still a kid)
    -------------------------------------------------------------

    And there lies the problem, spoiled kids like you can say w/e they like, basically paragraphs of insults, and then think they are big shit.

    Meh w/e, I keep making the mistake of taking this seriously. I do this every once and again, and then go back to my usual self.

    You know whats funny:

    Give me the money that has been spent in war and I will clothe every man, woman, and child in an attire of which kings and queens will be proud. I will build a schoolhouse in every valley over the whole earth. I will crown every hillside with a place of worship consecrated to peace. ~Charles Sumner


    War does not determine who is right - only who is left. ~Bertrand Russell


    It'll be a great day when education gets all the money it wants and the Air Force has to hold a bake sale to buy bombers. ~Author unknown, quoted in You Said a Mouthful edited by Ronald D. Fuchs


    I dream of giving birth to a child who will ask, "Mother, what was war?" ~Eve Merriam


    The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking... the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker. ~Albert Einstein


    The direct use of force is such a poor solution to any problem, it is generally employed only by small children and large nations. ~David Friedman


    "There are no atheists in foxholes" isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes. ~James Morrow


    Sometimes I think it should be a rule of war that you have to see somebody up close and get to know him before you can shoot him. ~M*A*S*H, Colonel Potter


    All the arms we need are for hugging. ~Author Unknown


    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon. ~Napoleon


    If we do not end war - war will end us. Everybody says that, millions of people believe it, and nobody does anything. ~H.G. Wells, Things to Come (the "film story"), Part III, adapted from his 1933 novel The Shape of Things to Come, spoken by the character John Cabal (Thanks Bill!)


    A great war leaves the country with three armies - an army of cripples, an army of mourners, and an army of thieves. ~German Proverb


    The world has achieved brilliance without wisdom, power without conscience. Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants. We know more about war that we know about peace, more about killing that we know about living. ~Omar Bradley

    I find all these quotes, and more from famous people throughout history, yet the only thing i can find for "war being good" is that it grows the economy.( I just laughed at the selfishness of some people)

    My original argument is on war being stupid and unnecessary, none have proven me wrong.

    You say war is a game, i say go say that to vet.

    /done.
    Meh, I'll give you the benefit of a response, your arguing on emotion, not fact or rational all your arguments are predestined to be failed, and flawed, war is a game, insulting yes, true yes, I guess it would feel insulting to realize a family member of yours died because of a game played by the people in power on opposing sides, the truth is the truth, stop pretending it's not you naive fool.

  12. #42
    dddrrr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Yesterday it was USA but todays lookin more like China
    Posts
    2,199
    Reputation
    5
    Thanks
    152
    My Mood
    Tired
    alright because people are so wrong this is ow it is. someone said it before.
    most Muslims are Islamic. not all Islams are Muslim. Muslims are people, Islam is a religion
    Muslims aren't terrorists there were just extremists that happened to be muslim
    the koran is not bad it just cant be taken literally just like the bible. Christianity is very closely related islam and judaism. allah god and so on are pretty much the same thing just translated differently. like hola is hello in another language.

    edit after reading the comment ^^'
    its not a game and its not naive. its true some sacrifices must be risked in war but tell any soldier vet or president that war is a game they will destroy u. u are right we cant be naive but cmon
    even a disputed pres such as bush took the terrorist attacks seriously and wanted safety not to play a game.
    also although u might think so people in power dont want war. that leads to resentment and way too much stress for them.
    Use common sense
    Last edited by dddrrr; 09-12-2010 at 08:48 PM.

  13. #43
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by tdct View Post


    Meh, I'll give you the benefit of a response, your arguing on emotion, not fact or rational all your arguments are predestined to be failed, and flawed, war is a game, insulting yes, true yes, I guess it would feel insulting to realize a family member of yours died because of a game played by the people in power on opposing sides, the truth is the truth, stop pretending it's not you naive fool.
    Oh dear lord, i remember when i was like this as a kid.

    Tdct, your the one who is naive bud. I'm pretty sure about 99% of the soldiers you ask this question will say "its not a game" especially the ones who've gotten a purple heart.

    Hell tdct, answer me this final quesiton.

    If you asked a vet if war was a game, what would you think his response would be?


  14. #44
    dddrrr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Yesterday it was USA but todays lookin more like China
    Posts
    2,199
    Reputation
    5
    Thanks
    152
    My Mood
    Tired
    ^^agreed.
    your actually being naive tctd.
    what empire is saying that although many things are not what they seem and can be questioned war is not one. you cant just come up with these theories like the world is bad.
    you have to be open that people and things can be good not just be a martyr and act like we live in a game all the time (although there are some times)

  15. #45
    tdct's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    1,460
    Reputation
    105
    Thanks
    391
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    Oh dear lord, i remember when i was like this as a kid.

    Tdct, your the one who is naive bud. I'm pretty sure about 99% of the soldiers you ask this question will say "its not a game" especially the ones who've gotten a purple heart.

    Hell tdct, answer me this final quesiton.

    If you asked a vet if war was a game, what would you think his response would be?
    First of all, my uncle is a vet, he has a purple heart, and he agrees with me, and the vets that say no, say it because to them it's a slap in the face, and one that they are not willing to carry. They would say no due to emotion and nothing more, and second off since you said "vet" your most likely American, and our soldiers are volunteer, do you really expect the most intelligible of answers for people who volunteered to be pawns in our governments game? Yes, some vets are incredibly intelligent, but they most likely joined for a reason superior to that of the many. If your looking for a group of soldiers with perspective to ask about war, your best bet would be to find an Israeli citizen, they've all been soldiers at one point, unless they're disable, you would have a better chance of finding someone intelligible with military experience over there, that's why mouzie's answer carries a greater weight than the answers of your idiotic friends.
    Last edited by tdct; 09-12-2010 at 10:10 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Guild Wars hack
    By LiLLeO in forum Hack Requests
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-26-2013, 05:04 AM
  2. War Rock - First Ban?
    By arunforce in forum General Gaming
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 01-27-2006, 10:11 AM
  3. In-Depth Tut. to hacking in War Rock (Conc. to Dave)
    By fl0 in forum WarRock - International Hacks
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-18-2006, 03:49 PM
  4. Star Wars Episode 7
    By arunforce in forum SCI-FI
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-08-2006, 12:08 AM
  5. Swat 4 and Guild Wars
    By SimpleAs in forum General Game Hacking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-05-2006, 03:58 PM