Thread: School

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Casavir View Post
    never happened to greece my friend at least,not that I know of.xD
    The possibility is still there. You have to realize just because something happened somewhere, doesn't mean that it could never happen somewhere else. Especially when its so easy to do such a thing.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

~crawling in my skin, these wounds they will not heal~

You think its a conspiracy to break kids motivation/optimism? Mehehehe.
    It's not a conspiracy, it's cause and effect, the effect is unintended, let me do it this way, I'll make a compare/contrast

Prison/School similarities:
    You are stuck in a room all day/ you get fed typical cafeteria style/ you have no rights, you can't even give someone a hug/ everything you do will be held against you/ they give a brief recreational period outside/ zero tolerance policy/ etc.

Prison/School differences:
    With prison you can leave.

In my Ice Cream Truck ringing my bell, playing my song.
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Drunk
    I actually find it is.

With the amount of time they have you spend in a class, just sitting there, they have their "thoughts" on how it is best to learn, but truth is, that's most likely how the learned best, taking notices, listening to their lectures. When, everyone could have a different way, they try, but for some of us, it just doesn't work, resulting in bad grades.
    My advice to you is not to inquire why or whither, but just enjoy the ice cream while it's on your plate

-MPGH's Ice Cream Man, serving ice cream, pain, and ownage, everywhere.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by tdct View Post

It's not a conspiracy, it's cause and effect, the effect is unintended, let me do it this way, I'll make a compare/contrast

Prison/School similarities:
    You are stuck in a room all day/ you get fed typical cafeteria style/ you have no rights, you can't even give someone a hug/ everything you do will be held against you/ they give a brief recreational period outside/ zero tolerance policy/ etc.

Prison/School differences:
    With prison you can leave.
    I think you really need to learn about the topics you speak of.

For one, you've never been to prison and you only have what you think prison is. Hell, you've never been to juvy.

Point is, school isn't anything like a prison.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tdct View Post
    Honestly, I would have never posted this in the right mind, I was going to claim that I didn't post it, but I do rememberish, I honestly do feel this way, but If I wanted vent I would have done it much less shitily. I honestly know I posted it, but cannot rack my mind for a reason why, I don't need anyone's sympathy. I sort of blacked out their for a second I suppose, I usually just play a video game, or take my school books from a previous year and put photos of my teachers from that year on the corresponding paper and set it on fire, or stab my teddy bear from when I was like two with a switch blade, I vent enough privately not to need to make a venting thread such as this. I prefer to live a fuck the world type of life style. I would NEVER post this in a stable disposition. Not only do I not need your sympathy, but I don't want it either, no empire, I'm not, "emo" I don't hate myself, or my life, I just hate our society, and people who encourage the continence of it's current trend. In my mind most of the people reading this are worthless pieces of trash and I would never post something in hopes that I would get a sympathetic sigh from the reader, also If I ever concisely decided to make a thread of this sort, I have so many flaws with school system I would address, and address with reason than raw passion, my post would have been at least a page long. Your right this is a stupid thread with a horrible foundation, I feel as if I should be ashamed having started it. By the way *KinG*, this is nothing close to to a life story, if anything I would say it an embodiment of my subconscious's agitation toward the American educational system.
    Because no one quoted me, I effectively give this thread plastic surgery.
    Hold on, I ain't reading all that shit.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeBush View Post
    Hold on, I ain't reading all that shit.
    TL;DR, OP is mad because he fails at school.

And OP, you don't know what it is like to be in prison, so shut the fuck up.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake01 View Post
    TL;DR, OP is mad because he fails at school.

And OP, you don't know what it is like to be in prison, so shut the fuck up.
    Tldr op?, wdf are u sayin

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    too long, did not read.

OP: original poster.

Thanks
    I don't know i live in the uk i have no idea what the american eduaction system is like someone enlighten me?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by sloppyferret View Post
    I don't know i live in the uk i have no idea what the american eduaction system is like someone enlighten me?
    You are placed in a group based on your age, with a complete disregard to intellect for the first fourteen years of your life (with a few exceptions, but in most cases even ap classes and etc are not suitable ) You are given no motivation ( at least in the school I attend ) to obtain good grades, all they guarantee you is that if you make good grades all your life, when your around 25, ( give or take a few years ) you will have a much higher chance of getting a a well paying job, better than most, I don't know about you, but working my ass off for roughly 20 percent of my life and in return only getting a chance at above mediocrity isn't enough for me. In my experiences teachers tend to obtain respect by invoking fear of punishment, also the typical stereotype (again in my experiences, but not always) is that the long amount of time a teacher teaches, the more of a short sighted ass they become. They start their career with optimism, but by the end typically it's just a job that keep doing for no reason at all, they start because they have the illusion that they can make a difference. Now lets move onto the disadvantage students are put at by the ignorance of their teachers in some cases. (this example is obviously from a personal experience) In the high school I currently attend religion is a core subject and effects my GPA, so when my religion teacher explained to us that, yes god created everything, but yes we have free will. I politely explained to her that if this deity is truly all-knowing, and all-powerful, when he created the world he would be able to calculate everything that will happen in a giant equation, it's like a simulator, but he knows all the variables, so if he's truly in capable of error he would know that his placement of single tree in the beginning of time would might cause an entirely different future, and he would instantaneously know what would occur there on. She responded by telling "God is transcendent, we can't understand him, therefore he can do whatever he wants." Then she preceded to take a massive amount of points of my class participation grade, which like 10 or 15 percent of my average in that class, and I wasn't pleased considering it's part of my GPA. If anything I'd say that shows my participation in that class (hopefully you where able to conclude the religion I was writing about is catholicism) Just the general human error, and tendency to stupidity in human beings makes teachers a pain in the ass. And you put up with all this shit from your child hood, to a bit past your prime, and for what,
    For nothing but a chance at more than mediocrity, excellence is something only served to the lucky, and the kin of someone, in America greatness is practically a monarchy If I thought anything I did would give me a chance at excelence, to be better than everyone, If I thought even for a wisp of a second that when adults said my name recognition would sweep across the face of even grade school children, THEN I would say it's worth it, but it's not. The lucky are the elite, and ( in many cases ) the greatest of us are the pauper, there is so much more wrong with are school system, but in the effort of making this durable to the illiterate and unintellable, I will end my attack on our educational system here.
    Last edited by tdct; 10-20-2010 at 07:12 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    1. You see, "working your ass off" is a misunderstanding. Highschool and gradeschool are easy no matter what. Hell i tried this: I slept in a class, didn't study for any test, barely read anything. Guess what? i got a B+. Fact is that you aren't working your ass off at all. Studying and passing test is easy no matter what class.

2. Gee, if you are going to a religious school when you aren't religious(probably due to the fact that you haven't told your parents that you aren't), then why the fuck are you being an ass to your religion teacher?

3. It doesn't show participation if you argue. Most of these classes are learn this, move on type classes. If you sit there and argue, especially since you are still a teenager, not only will the teachers hate you since oh 99% of your grade doesn't know shit about the real world, they just see you as some punk who is trying to make himself sound smart and wasting there time.

4. Excellence? Study hard, and become a doctor. You will therefore get respect and high paying job. Is that good enough?

You see this whole thing is about us feeling sorry for you. Because for some reason the school is hard for you, you don't think its worth it.

I really hate people who bitch about school. I mean its so easy, and if you don't think its worth it FINE, just don't bitch about it when you stop trying.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    2010 World University Ranking | Top 200 Universities in the world

Take notice of the number of Universities in the USA. Oh..and the #1.
    I can also compile a list of top 100 public and private schools in the world.
    Yeah..America's education is so bad, that millions immigrate here for an EDUCATION.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    1. You see, "working your ass off" is a misunderstanding. Highschool and gradeschool are easy no matter what. Hell i tried this: I slept in a class, didn't study for any test, barely read anything. Guess what? i got a B+. Fact is that you aren't working your ass off at all. Studying and passing test is easy no matter what class.

2. Gee, if you are going to a religious school when you aren't religious(probably due to the fact that you haven't told your parents that you aren't), then why the fuck are you being an ass to your religion teacher?

3. It doesn't show participation if you argue. Most of these classes are learn this, move on type classes. If you sit there and argue, especially since you are still a teenager, not only will the teachers hate you since oh 99% of your grade doesn't know shit about the real world, they just see you as some punk who is trying to make himself sound smart and wasting there time.

4. Excellence? Study hard, and become a doctor. You will therefore get respect and high paying job. Is that good enough?

You see this whole thing is about us feeling sorry for you. Because for some reason the school is hard for you, you don't think its worth it.

I really hate people who bitch about school. I mean its so easy, and if you don't think its worth it FINE, just don't bitch about it when you stop trying.
    After the war I did in Israel I grew deaf and lost sight in an eye, so I had learning problems, unable to hear properly.

School was very hard for me, because I wasn't an American student.. I was a student from Israel and I got some serious crap from people. Jewish students and I tend to have a lot more racism and comments from others. But, I am not going to spew crap out, tend to get more shit from white people regardless of their background. Blacks and Latinos treated me fine, I never had any problems and we along well. Of course, race isn't the issue here, but placing a white person in a 99.9% black and Latino inner school, you're going to have a shitload of problems.

Bullying is the number one problem in American schools, it causes one of the highest reason of drop ops, deaths, attempted to kill themselves, and one of the reason for the worst school shooting in United States.
    Last edited by Mouzie; 10-21-2010 at 09:39 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy

Naive faggit, your ignorance is becoming agitating, even if you do work your ass off, you still have little to no chance of being elite, so whether you work your ass of or not is hardly a factor, it's a completely irrational system, which tends to leave idiots in positions they do not deserve, and the deserving few laboring their away in the hope of getting scraps from the table of the leet. If your content with that, then be my guest, go happily die in mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    2010 World University Ranking | Top 200 Universities in the world

Take notice of the number of Universities in the USA. Oh..and the #1.
    I can also compile a list of top 100 public and private schools in the world.
    Yeah..America's education is so bad, that millions immigrate here for an EDUCATION.
    There is usually an exception for every rule, but furthermore the curriculum is not necessarily the problem, the fault lies equally with the attitude of the students, ineptness of the teachers, and being forced to learn and relearn useless information time and time again, which is completely counter progressive. Just think about how many suicides and random killing sprees have been carried out in American schools do you think they educational system in itself might be a factor, besides of course the bullying?
    Last edited by tdct; 10-21-2010 at 10:34 PM.

Yesterday it was USA but todays lookin more like China
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    yes it is bad.
    for example grammar school is a waste. there are plenty of courses that we are stuck with in high school that could easily be done in grammar school.
    There is an exchange student from Germany and other European countries. Our junior and senior courses are their freshman courses.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast