Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 45
  1. #1
    Alen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Liquid Generator
    Posts
    27,930
    Reputation
    2539
    Thanks
    4,216
    My Mood
    Fine

    Best governing method

    Personally I believe something like an aristocratic democracy would work best, with only the smartest and brightest allowed to lead.

    /discuss

  2. #2
    Saboteur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    29,419
    Reputation
    5235
    Thanks
    7,587
    My Mood
    Grumpy
    i'd say communism or gtfo.



    VIP Support // May 2011
    CF Minion // January 2012
    Newsforce // August 2012
    Minion+ // March 2013
    Moderator // August 2014
    Former Staff // January 2015
    General Minion // July 2015
    Publicist // December 2015


  3. #3
    HannibalJr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    On your screen Gender: Shemale
    Posts
    2,113
    Reputation
    264
    Thanks
    107
    My Mood
    Sick
    There's no Bright or Smart people..



  4. #4
    Evelyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    female
    Location
    Land Of The Lost Souls
    Posts
    3,078
    Reputation
    417
    Thanks
    1,255
    My Mood
    Dead
    You and I have had long discussions on this topic.

    And while, it may not sound "Equal" or "just" I'd have to agree with you Alen, A society in which only those who are .... Worthy for lack of a better term should hold any influence in what the government should do.

    My "Ideal" form of government is Totalitarianism but since just the mention of that sends the average person into fear or hatred, I'd go with an Aristocratic Democracy type society as well, Based on Intellect, With A Limited "Cleansed" Population (Not on the basis of ethnicity but positive contribution to Humanity).

  5. #5
    Zen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Eating a fucking burrito.
    Posts
    5,402
    Reputation
    239
    Thanks
    299
    My Mood
    Cynical
    A socialist/ulitartian/direct democracy would work best in my opinion, with the educational system acting somewhat like it does now, giving an introduction into each field and the subgenres, finding what people do best at, having them go down that path. ill explain more later, dont have enough time now.

  6. #6
    Alen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Liquid Generator
    Posts
    27,930
    Reputation
    2539
    Thanks
    4,216
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Evelyn View Post
    You and I have had long discussions on this topic.

    And while, it may not sound "Equal" or "just" I'd have to agree with you Alen, A society in which only those who are .... Worthy for lack of a better term should hold any influence in what the government should do.

    My "Ideal" form of government is Totalitarianism but since just the mention of that sends the average person into fear or hatred, I'd go with an Aristocratic Democracy type society as well, Based on Intellect, With A Limited "Cleansed" Population (Not on the basis of ethnicity but positive contribution to Humanity).
    Well in a world that is "just" those that are able to do more and contribute more to our progress (those that are smart, knowledgeable and hard working) should be given more rights than those that cannot.

    And as far as totalitarian systems go ... how exactly would you choose the leader? I doubt you'll find someone who will be able to lead by himself and only work for the common good

  7. #7
    marcusalier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Never had a VAC ban.
    Posts
    300
    Reputation
    8
    Thanks
    24
    My Mood
    Angry
    EVERYONE IS SMART! EVERYONE IS EQUAL! EVERYONE IS EVERYONE AND EVERYONE IS YOU!

  8. #8
    Alen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Liquid Generator
    Posts
    27,930
    Reputation
    2539
    Thanks
    4,216
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by marcusalier View Post
    EVERYONE IS SMART! EVERYONE IS EQUAL! EVERYONE IS EVERYONE AND EVERYONE IS YOU!
    And then you end up giving homeless people with no education or knowledge the responsibility of choosing what's best for the country? No thank you

  9. #9
    tdct's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    1,460
    Reputation
    105
    Thanks
    391
    My Mood
    Breezy
    no, that would fail, the intellectual would give themselves too much power, and eventually the ordinary would be like the untouchables in China.

  10. #10
    Zen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Eating a fucking burrito.
    Posts
    5,402
    Reputation
    239
    Thanks
    299
    My Mood
    Cynical
    ok...ive been thinking at this weirdly, sugar fucks with me too mcuh i need to stick to just caffiene but i digress...

    I believe, that a republic is a good substituion for a direct democracy on a large scale, as long as there are checks and balances (which we have) AND an IQ/Common Sense test done having a minimum IQ to become president/elected official, or some kinda test....also i believe for the economic side, socialism, like canada would be best...you get the benefiets of capatilism and the benefiets of communism

    really dumbed down view, im mad tired but there ya go

  11. #11
    Alen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Liquid Generator
    Posts
    27,930
    Reputation
    2539
    Thanks
    4,216
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by tdct View Post
    no, that would fail, the intellectual would give themselves too much power, and eventually the ordinary would be like the untouchables in China.
    Every system has it's flaws. I'm ofc assuming that the people leading are smart enough to know that what they're doing should be done for the future of the country. But even if they aren't, the only difference would be that instead of powerful people being picked by the uneducated they'll be picked by the intelligent, hard working and resourceful people.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zen View Post
    ok...ive been thinking at this weirdly, sugar fucks with me too mcuh i need to stick to just caffiene but i digress...

    I believe, that a republic is a good substituion for a direct democracy on a large scale, as long as there are checks and balances (which we have) AND an IQ/Common Sense test done having a minimum IQ to become president/elected official, or some kinda test....also i believe for the economic side, socialism, like canada would be best...you get the benefiets of capatilism and the benefiets of communism

    really dumbed down view, im mad tired but there ya go
    The problem with any form of communism is that it will only work in a perfect utopian world where there is no need for progress and where everyone is satisfied ... but that's kinda beside the point.

  12. #12
    Zen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Eating a fucking burrito.
    Posts
    5,402
    Reputation
    239
    Thanks
    299
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Im not saying full out communism, on paper communism would be the Ideal form of ECONOMIC gov't (major misconception is that communism is a form of gov't, it can be incorporated into any type of gov't)

    The problem i see with current communist countries is that they have kept a money, in theory in a communist society you would have no need for money...

    if you look at canada and other countries form of socialism it works quite nicely, in canada its practically next to nothing to go to college...in the USA its between 30-50k a year to go to a good college. in canada it is truely about the intelligence of the people because its not just who can afford it, who cant.

  13. #13
    666HiddenMaster666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    14,463
    Reputation
    953
    Thanks
    1,854
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Dictator + Democracy
    USA = Democracy = Falling apart because of loopholes
    Dictator + Democracy = Control over the god damned Senate/HoR to force them to make all decisions
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Troll nomination. Allah and Muhammad for 1400 years of bullshit.

  14. #14
    tdct's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    1,460
    Reputation
    105
    Thanks
    391
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by Coeus View Post


    Every system has it's flaws. I'm ofc assuming that the people leading are smart enough to know that what they're doing should be done for the future of the country. But even if they aren't, the only difference would be that instead of powerful people being picked by the uneducated they'll be picked by the intelligent, hard working and resourceful people.



    The problem with any form of communism is that it will only work in a perfect utopian world where there is no need for progress and where everyone is satisfied ... but that's kinda beside the point.
    I was assuming they would be smart enough to be selfish

  15. #15
    Alen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Liquid Generator
    Posts
    27,930
    Reputation
    2539
    Thanks
    4,216
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by tdct View Post
    I was assuming they would be smart enough to be selfish
    Intelligence has nothing to do with moral values

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast