Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 164
  1. #91
    Paroxysm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    4,455
    Reputation
    170
    Thanks
    282
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    You only need to go as far as wikipedia to find proof of God and his infinite love.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God#Agruments_for_God
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

  2. #92
    Nismo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    CA Section
    Posts
    1,294
    Reputation
    93
    Thanks
    141
    My Mood
    In Love
    Quote Originally Posted by cT Professor View Post
    Let me Answer your question Armalite, You do realize it is quite possible to believe in both God and Science? Too many people seem to think that Science disproves the idea of a God, that is infact untrue, Science helps to PROVE the existence of God/Jesus
    You can believe in science and religion, but you would only know half of the two. The more you know about science, the less you believe in religion.

    You still haven't answered the question, no one has, I want a solid, raw answer. Look at the question, and answer it. not that hard

    Does it really sound sane to you that two billion people believe a book written thousands of years ago, based on no evidence? What we know of science is proven... why don't you believe it?
    Previously Armalite42



  3. #93
    cT Professor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    My Lab
    Posts
    35
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    1
    My Mood
    Amused
    Really Armalite? You wouldn't just know half of the two? look at Hugh Ross for an example, He was Canada's top astronomer at the age of 17, He knew more at that age then you will ever know. He is also a Christian.

    "Does it really sound sane to you that two billion people believe a book written thousands of years ago, based on no evidence? What we know of science is proven... why don't you believe it?"

    For one, Based on no evidence? really? The Bible is the most historically proven book in the entire world. That is "scientifically" proven.
    Oh and a fun little statistic for you. It was proven through various documents found that the bible was written overtime by many different people. As you probably know, many stuff that happened in the Bible was prophesied before it actually happened, (David, Jesus, Where Jesus would be born, etc.) The true statistic that many people from different backgrounds saying the same thing at different time periods and it all coming TRUE(which it did there are historical records of it), Is 1 x 10 to the 33rd power. That is a Lot of zeros.

    Second, You do realize i believe in Science? There is nothing not to believe? But keep this in mind, Science is constantly proving itself wrong. In the 1500-1600's Science thought the world was Flat, that is obviously not true, as proved wrong later, by Science. In the early 1900's the big thing people thought that would disprove Christianity is that they thought the world was infinite. Einstein proved that time had a beginning, that the universe had a beginning. So Science came up with the Big Bang theory. Now Christians had been saying that the universe had a beginning for HUNDREDS of years. So Science is constantly changing.

    Lastly, keep in mind there are some things that Science just can't begin to comprehend, such as what is the universe expanding into? What was there before the Big Bang? What if this is one of those that just can't be explained because Science isn't far enough yet?
    Last edited by cT Professor; 12-23-2010 at 11:33 AM.
    You Sir, just Failed.




  4. #94
    Paroxysm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    4,455
    Reputation
    170
    Thanks
    282
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by cT Professor View Post
    Really Armalite? You wouldn't just know half of the two? look at Hugh Ross for an example, He was Canada's top astronomer at the age of 17, He knew more at that age then you will ever know. He is also a Christian.

    "Does it really sound sane to you that two billion people believe a book written thousands of years ago, based on no evidence? What we know of science is proven... why don't you believe it?"

    For one, Based on no evidence? really? The Bible is the most historically proven book in the entire world. That is "scientifically" proven.
    Oh and a fun little statistic for you. It was proven through various documents found that the bible was written overtime by many different people. As you probably know, many stuff that happened in the Bible was prophesied before it actually happened, (David, Jesus, Where Jesus would be born, etc.) The true statistic that many people from different backgrounds saying the same thing at different time periods and it all coming TRUE(which it did there are historical records of it), Is 1 x 10 to the 33rd power. That is a Lot of zeros.

    Second, You do realize i believe in Science? There is nothing not to believe? But keep this in mind, Science is constantly proving itself wrong. In the 1500-1600's Science thought the world was Flat, that is obviously not true, as proved wrong later, by Science. In the early 1900's the big thing people thought that would disprove Christianity is that they thought the world was infinite. Einstein proved that time had a beginning, that the universe had a beginning. So Science came up with the Big Bang theory. Now Christians had been saying that the universe had a beginning for HUNDREDS of years. So Science is constantly changing.

    Lastly, keep in mind there are some things that Science just can't begin to comprehend, such as what is the universe expanding into? What was there before the Big Bang? What if this is one of those that just can't be explained because Science isn't far enough yet?
    1. The prophecies in the bible didn't all come true.

    2. You pulled that statistic out of your ass.

    3. You're talking out of your ass.
    "The Bible is the most historically proven book in the entire world."
    Sweet Jesus what kind of fantasy are you living in?

    4. The earths spherical shape has been known since the third century, BC. The only reason this knowledge wasn't widespread was because of the constant ignorance your silly little faith forced on the common-folk.

    5. If your hope is reconciling religion with science you're in for a long and arduous journey which will ultimately make you look like an asshat.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Paroxysm For This Useful Post:

    Nismo (12-23-2010)

  6. #95
    cT Professor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    My Lab
    Posts
    35
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    1
    My Mood
    Amused
    1. I didn't say all the prophecies have come true

    2. That statistic that i pulled out of my ass? Was done by one of the top minds in the world

    3. It seems you took that out of context, or i worded it wrong. The Bible is a historical document along with stuff about Ceaser or Medieval Time etc. Out of any Historical document, The Bible has the most stuff supporting it.

    4. My "silly little faith" had nothing to do with that knowledge not being spread to the common-folk, Don't state random stuff like that.

    Id like to draw your attention to something you said, its not big, all you said was "Third Century B.C" The existence of Jesus has been proven you can't argue that, Now you can argue whether or not he was truly the son of God and stuff like that. But its also shown that Jesus only preached and traveled for 3 years. Something happened in those 3 years so drastic, so revolutionary, that they literally separated time around it. As in B.C. and A.D. or Before Christ and Anno Domini (The Year of our Lord)

    A fun little story for you. I'am sure you have heard of Evander Holyfield? The professional Boxer. Well as you may or may not know, He had a Hole in his heart, quite literally a Hole in his Heart, The doctors gave him a very small time to live. Now this man is also a Christian, A few days later, The hole in his heart was gone. It was just gone, like it had never been there. Scientists and Doctors alike were dumbfounded about this because they had no explanation for it. The only possibility would be some sort of Supernatural intervention.

    Lastly, I' am not trying to convince you that you are wrong and I' am right. I' am not trying to prove the fact that God is the only way. I' am just proving that there is in fact a possibility of a God. And think of it this way if you must, If I' am wrong, nothing happens we all die and cease to exist. However, If I' am right and you are wrong, Your screwed.
    You Sir, just Failed.




  7. #96
    Jam3254's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    new zealand
    Posts
    23
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    2
    My Mood
    Happy
    I am open to the idea of god but as far as I know their is no actual proof of a god. Sure super natural things happen but how do we know it is an act of god. Just because something we can't explain happens doesn't mean it is god.

    Also you forgett that even though some of the bible has been proven right a lot of it has been proven wrong aswell.

  8. #97
    cT Professor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    My Lab
    Posts
    35
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    1
    My Mood
    Amused
    "Also you forget that even though some of the bible has been proven right a lot of it has been proven wrong as well."

    Can i have a few examples of this? I have yet to meet something in the Bible that has been proven wrong.
    You Sir, just Failed.




  9. #98
    Nismo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    CA Section
    Posts
    1,294
    Reputation
    93
    Thanks
    141
    My Mood
    In Love
    Quote Originally Posted by Jam3254 View Post
    I am open to the idea of god but as far as I know their is no actual proof of a god. Sure super natural things happen but how do we know it is an act of god. Just because something we can't explain happens doesn't mean it is god.

    Also you forgett that even though some of the bible has been proven right a lot of it has been proven wrong aswell.
    Supernatural things just don't happen, we just get bored and imagine things..

    Science didn't say the Earth was flat, idiots did. They were all idiots. Sure, some were smart, but they had idiot in them

    (Relative to present day)


    Religious people that believed what they did, still have some idiot in them
    Previously Armalite42



  10. #99
    cT Professor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    My Lab
    Posts
    35
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    1
    My Mood
    Amused
    So the hole in Evander Holyfields heart was just a figment of imagination?
    You Sir, just Failed.




  11. #100
    Nismo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    CA Section
    Posts
    1,294
    Reputation
    93
    Thanks
    141
    My Mood
    In Love
    It was obviously a mistake, fake news or stupid doctors.

    ..but sure, you can stick with God coming down with his smitey finger and defying nature.

    Previously Armalite42



  12. #101
    cT Professor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    My Lab
    Posts
    35
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    1
    My Mood
    Amused
    Haha, I doubt any doctor is stupid considering what you have to do to become a doctor, and do you really think they would have a stupid doctor tending to a World famous Boxer?
    As for fake news, I have personally heard him tell this story so its not something the media came up with, plus most media is anti-religious
    You Sir, just Failed.




  13. #102
    Nismo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    CA Section
    Posts
    1,294
    Reputation
    93
    Thanks
    141
    My Mood
    In Love
    Quote Originally Posted by cT Professor View Post
    Haha, I doubt any doctor is stupid considering what you have to do to become a doctor, and do you really think they would have a stupid doctor tending to a World famous Boxer?
    As for fake news, I have personally heard him tell this story so its not something the media came up with, plus most media is anti-religious
    And as for the smitey finger defying nature?

    Stupid doctor killed Michael Jackson

    Religious people like to think that they are miracles, it makes them feel good. Even better when they spread the word.

    I mean just look at those people in churches doing all there rise up shit.. it's their imagination. You know you can actually make yourself sick with your imagination. If a professional tells you that if you have a rash on your hands you will die in 10 days, the worrying type will generate a rash on their hand thanks to their imagination
    Previously Armalite42



  14. #103
    cT Professor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    My Lab
    Posts
    35
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    1
    My Mood
    Amused
    "If a professional tells you that if you have a rash on your hands you will die in 10 days, the worrying type will generate a rash on their hand thanks to their imagination"

    That "worrying" type is a very small percentage of people, and the people that would worry enough to actually make a rash is an even smaller amount. I'am talking minuscule
    amount of people.

    Don't kid yourself. There was a hole in his heart, then it was gone. There is proof of that. If you really try to argue against that that just makes you look retarded. Your not smarter then a group of doctors.
    You Sir, just Failed.




  15. #104
    Nismo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    CA Section
    Posts
    1,294
    Reputation
    93
    Thanks
    141
    My Mood
    In Love
    Quote Originally Posted by cT Professor View Post
    That "worrying" type is a very small percentage of people, and the people that would worry enough to actually make a rash is an even smaller amount. I'am talking minuscule
    amount of people.
    Which is why religion is strangely large..

    Quote Originally Posted by cT Professor View Post
    Don't kid yourself. There was a hole in his heart, then it was gone. There is proof of that. If you really try to argue against that that just makes you look retarded. Your not smarter then a group of doctors.
    So how did your 'God' do it then? Where is the proof for that?

    Lrn2quote.
    Previously Armalite42



  16. #105
    Paroxysm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    4,455
    Reputation
    170
    Thanks
    282
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast