Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 164
  1. #106
    Tony Stark`'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,370
    Reputation
    212
    Thanks
    458
    If you were a journalist, how would you investigate the hottest news story in history? Join award-winning reporter Strobel as he probes the life of Jesus Christ. Interviewing 13 of the country's top Christian scholars, he ferrets out incontestable historical, scientific, and psychiatric evidence to support the claims of Jesus. A unique approach to apologetics!
    Part 1 Examining the Record
    Can the Biographies of Jesus be Trusted?
    Do the Biographies of Jesus Stand up to the Scrutiny?
    Were Jesus' Biographies Reliably Preserved for Us?
    Is there Credible Evidence for Jesus outside His Biographies?
    Does Archaeology Confirm or Contradict Jesus' Biographies?
    Is the Jesus of History the same Jesus of Faith?
    Part 2 Analyzing Jesus
    Was Jesus really convinced that He was the Son of God?
    Was Jesus Crazy when He claimed to be the Son of God?
    Did Jesus Fulfill the Attributes of God?
    Did Jesus - and Jesus Alone - Match the Identy of the Messiah?
    Part 3 Researching the Resurrection
    Was Jesus' death a sham and his resurrection a hoax?
    Was Jesus' body really absent from His tomb?
    Was Jesus seen alive after His death on the Cross?
    Are there any supporting facts that point to the Resurrection?
    Conclusion The Verdict of History
    What does the evidence establish and what does it mean today?
    read this book its called case for christ it will change u
    Last edited by Tony Stark`; 12-24-2010 at 07:54 AM.

  2. #107
    Paroxysm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    4,455
    Reputation
    170
    Thanks
    282
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmission View Post
    If you were a journalist, how would you investigate the hottest news story in history? Join award-winning reporter Strobel as he probes the life of Jesus Christ. Interviewing 13 of the country's top Christian scholars, he ferrets out incontestable historical, scientific, and psychiatric evidence to support the claims of Jesus. A unique approach to apologetics!
    Part 1 Examining the Record
    Can the Biographies of Jesus be Trusted?
    Do the Biographies of Jesus Stand up to the Scrutiny?
    Were Jesus' Biographies Reliably Preserved for Us?
    Is there Credible Evidence for Jesus outside His Biographies?
    Does Archaeology Confirm or Contradict Jesus' Biographies?
    Is the Jesus of History the same Jesus of Faith?
    Part 2 Analyzing Jesus
    Was Jesus really convinced that He was the Son of God?
    Was Jesus Crazy when He claimed to be the Son of God?
    Did Jesus Fulfill the Attributes of God?
    Did Jesus - and Jesus Alone - Match the Identy of the Messiah?
    Part 3 Researching the Resurrection
    Was Jesus' death a sham and his resurrection a hoax?
    Was Jesus' body really absent from His tomb?
    Was Jesus seen alive after His death on the Cross?
    Are there any supporting facts that point to the Resurrection?
    Conclusion The Verdict of History
    What does the evidence establish and what does it mean today?
    read this book its called case for christ it will change u
    I have read that; it was the first book I was given when I told my parents I was a nonbeliever. The book is pretty well written if not completely obviously biased. Notice how at no point during the book did he interview individuals who were opponents of evangelical Christians? It was a sad day when "skeptical journalist" became equivalent to an individual who only talks to one side and insists on knocking-down strawmen. I was not impressed with Lee just reiterating all the common theistic arguments and concluding them to be unassailable.
    Last edited by Paroxysm; 12-24-2010 at 08:13 AM.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

  3. #108
    Nismo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    CA Section
    Posts
    1,294
    Reputation
    93
    Thanks
    141
    My Mood
    In Love
    I'll read that when you read the God Delusion
    Previously Armalite42



  4. #109
    Tony Stark`'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,370
    Reputation
    212
    Thanks
    458
    Quote Originally Posted by Armalite42 View Post
    I'll read that when you read the God Delusion
    why do u hate God?

  5. #110
    Paroxysm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    4,455
    Reputation
    170
    Thanks
    282
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

  6. #111
    Alen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Liquid Generator
    Posts
    27,930
    Reputation
    2539
    Thanks
    4,216
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmission View Post
    why do u hate God?
    Why would we not hate a fictional being that is being promoted as an absolute force that controls the universe?

  7. #112
    Tony Stark`'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,370
    Reputation
    212
    Thanks
    458
    Quote Originally Posted by Coeus View Post
    Why would we not hate a fictional being that is being promoted as an absolute force that controls the universe?
    because it is the truth

  8. #113
    Nismo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    CA Section
    Posts
    1,294
    Reputation
    93
    Thanks
    141
    My Mood
    In Love
    Dude you don't even have an argument, come back with something constructive
    Previously Armalite42



  9. #114
    CyberGenius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    MPGH
    Posts
    10,434
    Reputation
    345
    Thanks
    2,076
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Armalite42 View Post
    Dude you don't even have an argument, come back with something constructive
    its christmas fuck U

  10. #115
    Nismo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    CA Section
    Posts
    1,294
    Reputation
    93
    Thanks
    141
    My Mood
    In Love
    Then get off MPGH...
    Previously Armalite42



  11. #116
    Tony Stark`'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,370
    Reputation
    212
    Thanks
    458
    k give me a good topic to argue all u say is it is fake

  12. #117
    Alen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Liquid Generator
    Posts
    27,930
    Reputation
    2539
    Thanks
    4,216
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmission View Post
    because it is the truth
    It's the truth because you said so?

  13. #118
    Nismo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    CA Section
    Posts
    1,294
    Reputation
    93
    Thanks
    141
    My Mood
    In Love
    If you want to see how big the Universe is, search 'Scale of the universe' flash animation.

    It goes right from Planck length, to the estimated size of the Universe (93,000,000,000 light years)

    EDIT: Uh.. wrong thread, but It's kinda relevant..

    Last edited by Nismo; 12-25-2010 at 11:45 AM.
    Previously Armalite42



  14. #119
    Tony Stark`'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,370
    Reputation
    212
    Thanks
    458
    Quote Originally Posted by Armalite42 View Post
    If you want to see how big the Universe is, search 'Scale of the universe' flash animation.

    It goes right from Planck length, to the estimated size of the Universe (93,000,000,000 light years)

    EDIT: Uh.. wrong thread, but It's kinda relevant..

    yeah and u think that much can have happend by accidnet?

  15. #120
    Paroxysm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    4,455
    Reputation
    170
    Thanks
    282
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmission View Post


    yeah and u think that much can have happend by accidnet?
    And you think that happened because of a sky wizard?
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast