Thread: Killing Animals

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 71
  1. #16
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by barklolbark View Post
    With current technology we easily could. And how would it hurt the poorer population more? Because they ruined all they land they could have farmed on because they practice ancient agricultural methods and ruin all their land? Well, hmm. Just as their agriculture has failed, so will their meat production methods.

    People want meat but they don't know what is put into getting it. If everyone had to get their own meat, I guarantee you 99% of the western world would be vegans. You have no idea how ignorant you sound, you have the ideology of "Don't tell me or it will ruin my dinner!" and it really disgusts me.

    Earthlings

    If you can't make it through this documetary, gtfo animal products.
    Uh no, we easily couldn't. Unless you have some sort of awesome vegan idea that somehow could feed 90% of the population, satisfy them, and make them instantly ok to the idea.
    -Meat production won't fail lol. Hasn't since the dawn of man, unless humanity dies first, it won't fail.

    Your a stupid fuck bark. You don't understand shit about economics.
    Example: if people had to make their own pencils, they wouldn't. You can't even make a pencil. No one person makes a pencil.

    Seriously, if you are still at elementary economics, please.

    SHUT THE FUCK UP.

    Because you obviously have no idea on the real-world implications you are suggesting.

    -i'm loggin off till waaay later, so if i don't respond, its cus i'm out.


  2. #17
    Synchromanica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The internet.
    Posts
    5,120
    Reputation
    152
    Thanks
    615
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by barklolbark View Post
    Thanks for taking what I said out of context. I said that their methods of producing goods will fail with time, never did I say we shouldn't help them.

    And they are still destroying the land, with knowledge that the arable land is a nonrenewable resource.
    Quote Originally Posted by barklolbark View Post
    Because they ruined all they land they could have farmed on because they practice ancient agricultural methods and ruin all their land? Well, hmm. Just as their agriculture has failed, so will their meat production methods.
    Confused me by writing half your sentences in past tense. Also, thanks for taking what I had in context, and assuming that I said we shouldn't help them. And, please don't say that I was implying it, as I could say the same about your previous post, you sounded liking you were harsh bashing them. Also, about their meat production methods, in some areas it's really hard to find meat anyways, especially in those poor areas.

  3. #18
    barklolbark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    331
    Reputation
    14
    Thanks
    12
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post




    Confused me by writing half your sentences in past tense. Also, thanks for taking what I had in context, and assuming that I said we shouldn't help them. And, please don't say that I was implying it, as I could say the same about your previous post, you sounded liking you were harsh bashing them. Also, about their meat production methods, in some areas it's really hard to find meat anyways, especially in those poor areas.
    Because it is past tense. They ruined their agriculture, now they are on their way to ruining whatever they have left. It isn't too hard to distinguish between past and present, and when their economy has, is, and will be failing, tense doesn't really matter. Places such as sub-Saharan Africa are good examples of this. And I was bashing them. Because, even with the knowledge they have, they still continue to farm with very little care for their environment.. sounds familiar (oil companies).

  4. #19
    Synchromanica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The internet.
    Posts
    5,120
    Reputation
    152
    Thanks
    615
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by barklolbark View Post
    Because it is past tense. They ruined their agriculture, now they are on their way to ruining whatever they have left. It isn't too hard to distinguish between past and present, and when their economy has, is, and will be failing, tense doesn't really matter. Places such as sub-Saharan Africa are good examples of this. And I was bashing them. Because, even with the knowledge they have, they still continue to farm with very little care for their environment.. sounds familiar (oil companies).
    Let me tell you something, a hardcore fact nobody can deny. HUMANS ARE FLAWED. And by the way, those areas are not the only places that don't care for their environment. Look at North America, all of it, and tell me that we've cared more for our environment then we've destroyed it. It's just that we're destroying our land a lot slower. Look at Canada, we're losing hundreds of thousands of trees, in mere months, thanks to so many factors. Those country's have just hit rock bottom before us.

  5. #20
    Disturbed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    10,405
    Reputation
    1063
    Thanks
    2,559
    Quote Originally Posted by barklolbark View Post
    Technically we could survive without killing animals. So I think you are dumb to argue against this, unless further details were added.
    You feed 7 billion people on vegetables.
    Only 1/5 of the world gets enough food as it is.


  6. #21
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,518
    Reputation
    1850
    Thanks
    3,161
    My Mood
    Amused
    My Winchester .300 says I'm not going to ever become a Vegan.

  7. #22
    flameswor10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    12,528
    Reputation
    981
    Thanks
    10,404
    My Mood
    In Love
    It will die sooner or later and humans need meat to live
    No I do not make game hacks anymore, please stop asking.


    Been MPGH Minion: 6 July 2011 - 1 August 2012

  8. #23
    Stoney Franklin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    p-town
    Posts
    1,640
    Reputation
    18
    Thanks
    72
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by barklolbark View Post
    With current technology we easily could. And how would it hurt the poorer population more? Because they ruined all they land they could have farmed on because they practice ancient agricultural methods and ruin all their land? Well, hmm. Just as their agriculture has failed, so will their meat production methods.

    People want meat but they don't know what is put into getting it. If everyone had to get their own meat, I guarantee you 99% of the western world would be vegans. You have no idea how ignorant you sound, you have the ideology of "Don't tell me or it will ruin my dinner!" and it really disgusts me.

    Earthlings

    If you can't make it through this documetary, gtfo animal products.
    why'd you post that im hungry now
    You can quote me on this..when it comes to juggalos we're.....

    More than a charm n a chain we're like a crackpipe


    GOT SHIT TO SAY ABOUT THE JUGGALO FAMILY LISTEN TO THIS ONE SONG


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n2kY...eature=related

  9. #24
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Be a vegan for all i care, but imposing your views especially flawed ones, isn't a good idea.


  10. #25
    barklolbark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    331
    Reputation
    14
    Thanks
    12
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post


    You feed 7 billion people on vegetables.
    Only 1/5 of the world gets enough food as it is.
    Hmm, okay. Wouldn't be too hard, assuming I were given proper resources, but assuming that 1% of the world holds 40% of the wealth, coupled with the fact that America produces 4x the amount of food it needs every year, I don't see this happening anytime soon.

    Let's see, build large towers next to cities, each of which had millions of food crops inside, such as 50 story 1 acre plots, virtually eliminating the needs for pesticides. Using hydroponic and aeroponic methods, I could reduce water and mineral production by 75%, meaning more water for less developed countries to drink. They can now be organically grown on an industrial scale, and I have succeeded.

    Quote Originally Posted by flameswor10 View Post
    It will die sooner or later and humans need meat to live
    You will die sooner or later, so why don't I just kill you? That is what your argument's basis is, see how flawed it is?

    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    Uh no, we easily couldn't. Unless you have some sort of awesome vegan idea that somehow could feed 90% of the population, satisfy them, and make them instantly ok to the idea.
    -Meat production won't fail lol. Hasn't since the dawn of man, unless humanity dies first, it won't fail.

    Your a stupid fuck bark. You don't understand shit about economics.
    Example: if people had to make their own pencils, they wouldn't. You can't even make a pencil. No one person makes a pencil.

    Seriously, if you are still at elementary economics, please.

    SHUT THE FUCK UP.

    Because you obviously have no idea on the real-world implications you are suggesting.

    -i'm loggin off till waaay later, so if i don't respond, its cus i'm out.
    Maybe if you keep insulting me, you will realize how wrong you are. I find it funny that you are even talking to me on the same level.. I mean attempting to. Please read above, and get off your lazy ass and do some research of your own.

    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    Be a vegan for all i care, but imposing your views especially flawed ones, isn't a good idea.
    You think the world couldn't be supported without meat? And my ideas are flawed? Pathetic.
    Last edited by barklolbark; 02-03-2011 at 03:04 AM.

  11. #26
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Ok bark, you obviously don't understand basic "economics" here.

    Do you have food items, that 90% of the world would be willing to give up McD's, and every single meat dish out there, and turn to veganism?
    (opportunity cost)

    No, and this why you and the fucking idiot muslims don't get the simple stuff.

    The population is not going from good tasting food, for piece of shit vegetables just because it "harms animals", especially since humanity has been doing it since the dawn of time.
    -----------------

    What you seem to misunderstand bark is the first step. No one wants to, they don't need to, and the change it would take for them to do it with an unsatisfactory outcome is what keeps them from trying.

    Your 50 story vegetable tower is a decent idea, even if its unusable from the cost/benifit perspective of a farmer, but w/e, nice try.
    --------------------------
    On "ethical" grounds, killing animals to eat is fine with me, if you want to starve, go ahead.


  12. #27
    barklolbark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    331
    Reputation
    14
    Thanks
    12
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    Ok bark, you obviously don't understand basic "economics" here.

    Do you have food items, that 90% of the world would be willing to give up McD's, and every single meat dish out there, and turn to veganism?
    (opportunity cost)

    No, and this why you and the fucking idiot muslims don't get the simple stuff.

    The population is not going from good tasting food, for piece of shit vegetables just because it "harms animals", especially since humanity has been doing it since the dawn of time.
    -----------------

    What you seem to misunderstand bark is the first step. No one wants to, they don't need to, and the change it would take for them to do it with an unsatisfactory outcome is what keeps them from trying.

    Your 50 story vegetable tower is a decent idea, even if its unusable from the cost/benifit perspective of a farmer, but w/e, nice try.
    --------------------------
    On "ethical" grounds, killing animals to eat is fine with me, if you want to starve, go ahead.
    The argument was that we couldn't survive on vegetables alone. I said we could, and proved my point. No one ever told me to account for anything such as "I don't want to do this, it's too hard@!@" and other laziness, along with whether or not it would benefit someone financially. I never said I was a vegan or would become one, I simply stated my argument and won. Good day.

  13. #28
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by barklolbark View Post
    The argument was that we couldn't survive on vegetables alone. I said we could, and proved my point. No one ever told me to account for anything such as "I don't want to do this, it's too hard@!@" and other laziness, along with whether or not it would benefit someone financially. I never said I was a vegan or would become one, I simply stated my argument and won. Good day.
    Your arugment holds no reality, get the fuck out.


  14. #29
    Stevenom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Summoner's Rift
    Posts
    17,746
    Reputation
    1087
    Thanks
    1,916
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    Quote Originally Posted by _-_BluE_-_ View Post
    Everything in this world is based on a chain. Everyone learns about the food chain and we're barely at the top. If animals became smart enough they would by far eat us up and we wouldn't exist.

    Life is a cycle -- Deal with it -- Facebook user
    Cannibals are the top of the chain.

  15. #30
    barklolbark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    331
    Reputation
    14
    Thanks
    12
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    Your arugment holds no reality, get the fuck out.
    Umad?

    My argument holds much more reality than yours. We can survive on plants, 100%. You're just much too ignorant and bitchy to realize it.


Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast