Thread: Evolution

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 72
  1. #31
    Azathᴏth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    49°51′S 128°34′W
    Posts
    13,526
    Reputation
    1136
    Thanks
    1,683
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by nevs666 View Post
    Come into the topic, call everyone ignorant, then a feeble attempt at an insult. If you arn't even going to give your opinion on the subject, even though you claim you know so much about it, then why reply in the first place? I suggest you leave and spam somewhere else or actually post up what you think is right.
    You failed at the point where you tried acting like a smart ass and couldn't even use proper grammar. Furthermore, you have misconstrued what I have said, AGAIN. If you read my response you'll notice I clearly stated that I did not read all the responses, but from what I read, I could tell most of you people had no idea what evolution actually was. I also clearly stated that may or may not apply to you.

    "Does anyone not believe in evolution? If you dont know what it is its a theory Begins like this for humans.
    There is a fish which has a retarded baby with legs then it has a retarded baby so on and so on till a monkey has a retarded baby which is human."

    "Evolution = Bullshit. Beings don't evolve, they adapt. This isn't fucking pokemon, but scientists think so."

    "^yea evolution is wierd and then thers dinasours how did such a giant beast evolve in to a small bird"

    What the hell is this? So stop talking about the Neolithic, and thinking you have the whole picture.

  2. #32
    Alen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Liquid Generator
    Posts
    27,930
    Reputation
    2539
    Thanks
    4,216
    My Mood
    Fine
    I'll just leave this here, for the lulz.


  3. #33
    Cyberdyne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    244
    Reputation
    -15
    Thanks
    33
    My Mood
    Inspired
    "We come to the twentieth century. Mendel's work with plants is rediscovered. Fischer and Wright do population studies. Pretty soon we know genes control heredity-whatever genes are. Remember, through the first half of the century, all during World War I and World War II, nobody had any idea what a gene was. After Watson and Crick in 1953, we knew that genes were nucleotides arranged in a double helix. Great. And we knew about mutation. So by the late twentieth century, we have a theory of natural selection which says that mutations arise spontaneously in genes, that the environment favors the mutations that are beneficial, and out of this selection process evolution occurs. It's simple and straightforward. God is not at work. No higher organizing principle involved. In the end, evolution is just the result of a bunch of mutations that either Survive or die. Right?"




  4. #34
    nevs666's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    515
    Reputation
    71
    Thanks
    35
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post


    You failed at the point where you tried acting like a smart ass and couldn't even use proper grammar. Furthermore, you have misconstrued what I have said, AGAIN. If you read my response you'll notice I clearly stated that I did not read all the responses, but from what I read, I could tell most of you people had no idea what evolution actually was. I also clearly stated that may or may not apply to you.

    "Does anyone not believe in evolution? If you dont know what it is its a theory Begins like this for humans.
    There is a fish which has a retarded baby with legs then it has a retarded baby so on and so on till a monkey has a retarded baby which is human."

    "Evolution = Bullshit. Beings don't evolve, they adapt. This isn't fucking pokemon, but scientists think so."

    "^yea evolution is wierd and then thers dinasours how did such a giant beast evolve in to a small bird"

    What the hell is this? So stop talking about the Neolithic, and thinking you have the whole picture.
    I never tried acting like a "smart ass". Keep bringing up I made a spelling mistake as if that one thing would bring down everything that I have said. Claimed we "people" were all ignorant on the subject, then refuse to give an opinion even though you claim you debated on this topic many times before. Then take 3 random quotes out of the thread and then somehow conclude that they make up the majority of the peoples opinions here. Great go spam somewhere else. By the way I am pretty sure the first one was a joke.
    "If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest."

    -Benjamin Franklin
    ^One of our (our as in American no offence to non Americans) Founding Fathers and one of my personal heroes.

  5. #35
    Azathᴏth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    49°51′S 128°34′W
    Posts
    13,526
    Reputation
    1136
    Thanks
    1,683
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by nevs666 View Post
    I never tried acting like a "smart ass". Keep bringing up I made a spelling mistake as if that one thing would bring down everything that I have said. Claimed we "people" were all ignorant on the subject, then refuse to give an opinion even though you claim you debated on this topic many times before. Then take 3 random quotes out of the thread and then somehow conclude that they make up the majority of the peoples opinions here. Great go spam somewhere else. By the way I am pretty sure the first one was a joke.
    6 out of 15 people in this thread clearly have no idea, while the other 9 I can't make a conclusion based on this thread alone. And it was a smart ass comment, where you attempted to act knowledgeable and was negated by the lack of proper grammar. AND YOU HAVE FUCKED UP ONCE AGAIN. On the same thing, which is actually funny. I never called everyone in this thread ignorant, only some people, which had no idea what they were arguing about. Which my so called "random" comments supported. So I am not spamming, since every point in my argument is relative to the topic at hand. I wait patiently for more mistakes to correct.

  6. #36
    nevs666's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    515
    Reputation
    71
    Thanks
    35
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post


    6 out of 15 people in this thread clearly have no idea, while the other 9 I can't make a conclusion based on this thread alone. And it was a smart ass comment, where you attempted to act knowledgeable and was negated by the lack of proper grammar. AND YOU HAVE FUCKED UP ONCE AGAIN. On the same thing, which is actually funny. I never called everyone in this thread ignorant, only some people, which had no idea what they were arguing about. Which my so called "random" comments supported. So I am not spamming, since every point in my argument is relative to the topic at hand. I wait patiently for more mistakes to correct.
    Would you like to point out these 6 out of 15 people? It was? Perhaps someone might take my comment a different way then you have. Some people might have a different view of something then yourself. Instead of claiming everyone here has no clue what there talking about. Perhaps you can give the time to ask them to simply explain what it is they believe in and why. Alas no, you seem to have a very close minded view of the subject. As if your one sided view on the world is the only correct one. For example, when I asked you to give your opinion you kept dodging it. Still waiting on your opinion by the way, witch you for some reason that I can't fathom, you seem reluctant to give. Even though you claim you have debated on this subject many time before. I really can't figure out why you wont. Perhaps you get some sort of superiority feeling from belittling others views. Then refuse to give your own as it was so obvious that only a buffoon couldn't figure it out.
    "If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest."

    -Benjamin Franklin
    ^One of our (our as in American no offence to non Americans) Founding Fathers and one of my personal heroes.

  7. #37
    Alen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Liquid Generator
    Posts
    27,930
    Reputation
    2539
    Thanks
    4,216
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Poison View Post
    Does anyone not believe in evolution? If you dont know what it is its a theory Begins like this for humans.
    There is a fish which has a retarded baby with legs then it has a retarded baby so on and so on till a monkey has a retarded baby which is human.
    One.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    no i dont .
    Two.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Evolution = Bullshit. Beings don't evolve, they adapt. This isn't fucking pokemon, but scientists think so.
    Three.

    Quote Originally Posted by AznReincarnation View Post
    monkeys did something amazing...had a huge glow...and we came out
    Four.

    Quote Originally Posted by Poison View Post
    ^yea evolution is wierd and then thers dinasours how did such a giant beast evolve in to a small bird
    Five.

    Possibly six if we take into account that Cyberdyne's initial argument was weird.

    That's six people that showed no tiny hint that they know what evolution really is.

  8. #38
    Azathᴏth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    49°51′S 128°34′W
    Posts
    13,526
    Reputation
    1136
    Thanks
    1,683
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by nevs666 View Post
    Would you like to point out these 6 out of 15 people? It was? Perhaps someone might take my comment a different way then you have. Some people might have a different view of something then yourself. Instead of claiming everyone here has no clue what there talking about. Perhaps you can give the time to ask them to simply explain what it is they believe in and why. Alas no, you seem to have a very close minded view of the subject. As if your one sided view on the world is the only correct one. For example, when I asked you to give your opinion you kept dodging it. Still waiting on your opinion by the way, witch you for some reason that I can't fathom, you seem reluctant to give. Even though you claim you have debated on this subject many time before. I really can't figure out why you wont. Perhaps you get some sort of superiority feeling from belittling others views. Then refuse to give your own as it was so obvious that only a buffoon couldn't figure it out.
    You can have different views concerning evolution. But when arguing about evolution, there is a very small margin for error. You can't give your version of evolution. And speaking of which, you have yet to give your view. And I see you have fucked up another time. You keep saying I'm calling everyone in this thread ignorant, yet I point out a few select people every time. I am now debating whether I should add you to that category. So give your view, and the proper definition first, since you seem so keen on knowing my views. Because your entire argument rests on the small on that small point. And I'm just pulling you along, because it's funny.

  9. #39
    nevs666's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    515
    Reputation
    71
    Thanks
    35
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post


    You can have different views concerning evolution. But when arguing about evolution, there is a very small margin for error. You can't give your version of evolution. And speaking of which, you have yet to give your view. And I see you have fucked up another time. You keep saying I'm calling everyone in this thread ignorant, yet I point out a few select people every time. I am now debating whether I should add you to that category. So give your view, and the proper definition first, since you seem so keen on knowing my views. Because your entire argument rests on the small on that small point. And I'm just pulling you along, because it's funny.
    This thread is about whether or not you believe in evolution. I said you said that nobody here had a clue what they were talking about. No, you did not point out a few selected people every time. You gave 3 quotes and then somehow made the assumptions that those 3 people make up the majority of the opinions here. You even admitted that you didn't read everyone's posts, so how you made that assumption I don't know. You again doge my question. I don't have an opinion on evolution. I didn't claim I knew. I didn't claim that I debated 100's of times about it. I didn't claim the people here had no clue what they were talking about.
    "If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest."

    -Benjamin Franklin
    ^One of our (our as in American no offence to non Americans) Founding Fathers and one of my personal heroes.

  10. #40
    Azathᴏth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    49°51′S 128°34′W
    Posts
    13,526
    Reputation
    1136
    Thanks
    1,683
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by nevs666 View Post
    This thread is about whether or not you believe in evolution. I said you said that nobody here had a clue what they were talking about. No, you did not point out a few selected people every time. You gave 3 quotes and then somehow made the assumptions that those 3 people make up the majority of the opinions here. You even admitted that you didn't read everyone's posts, so how you made that assumption I don't know. You again doge my question. I don't have an opinion on evolution. I didn't claim I knew. I didn't claim that I debated 100's of times about it. I didn't claim the people here had no clue what they were talking about.
    I'm sorry, I'm pretty sure you are able to connect quotes to people. You don't seem to be a stupid person. Alen was even courteous to point a few of them out. And you don't have to read the entire thread to figure that most of these people have no idea what they are talking about, Read half the thread was enough. And what you claim or do not claim is irrelevant. After read this thread, you are going to tell me, each and one of these people knows the Theory of Evolution as Charles Darwin wrote it? But out out of curiosities sake, what is your opinion on evolution?

  11. #41
    nevs666's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    515
    Reputation
    71
    Thanks
    35
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post


    I'm sorry, I'm pretty sure you are able to connect quotes to people. You don't seem to be a stupid person. Alen was even courteous to point a few of them out. And you don't have to read the entire thread to figure that most of these people have no idea what they are talking about, Read half the thread was enough. And what you claim or do not claim is irrelevant. After read this thread, you are going to tell me, each and one of these people knows the Theory of Evolution as Charles Darwin wrote it? But out out of curiosities sake, what is your opinion on evolution?
    Alen quoted poison twice so that's 4 the forth one seems like a joke, so that's 3, the second one simply said he didn't believe in evolution, so that's 2. He also said that they must not have an understanding about evolution, simply because they don't agree with him. Like I have said before just because someone doesn't agree with you, doesn't make them an idiot. You don't have to master something, to have a basic understanding of it. For example, I don't know how to cook a hamburger perfectly, but I know enough about cooking to not burn or undercook it. Same applies to evolution or anything for that matter. As long as you have a basic grasp of what the theory is trying to say, you can form an opinion about. Whether it is right or wrong is another matter. I don't dismiss peoples theory's or opinions. What I do is try to understand what they believe. Point out any flaws in their theory. Then hopefully they can correct and educate themselves. All im trying to say here is don't be so quick to dismiss anyone's opinions.
    "If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest."

    -Benjamin Franklin
    ^One of our (our as in American no offence to non Americans) Founding Fathers and one of my personal heroes.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to nevs666 For This Useful Post:

    [MPGH]Lehsyrus (11-02-2011)

  13. #42
    Cyberdyne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    244
    Reputation
    -15
    Thanks
    33
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
    One.

    Possibly six if we take into account that Cyberdyne's initial argument was weird.

    That's six people that showed no tiny hint that they know what evolution really is.
    What the hell are you talking about? My argument was not weird simply because I posted the wrong article and couldn't edit it afterwards. Of course I know what evolution is, I'm a microbiologist.

    In fact, I'll give you the meaning of what evolution is considered to be. Atleast in the field of science.

    Evolution, is the process by which species change gradually over time. It arises from processes of selection that favor individuals having certain favorable traits over those lacking those favorable traits.

    There are three parts to Darwin's theory.

    1. Principle of variation
    2. Principle of heredity
    3. Principle of selection

    All of which you should have studied in school (Biology class)
    Last edited by Cyberdyne; 11-01-2011 at 05:12 PM.




  14. #43
    Alen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Liquid Generator
    Posts
    27,930
    Reputation
    2539
    Thanks
    4,216
    My Mood
    Fine
    Hence "possibly" and I wasn't trying to prove anyone wrong, I was merely listing the possibly candidates for the "6 people who got it wrong" or w/e.

  15. #44
    Cyberdyne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    244
    Reputation
    -15
    Thanks
    33
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
    Hence "possibly" and I wasn't trying to prove anyone wrong, I was merely listing the possibly candidates for the "6 people who got it wrong" or w/e.
    Right...well, you should change that to 5 candidates. I know what I'm talking about.




  16. #45
    Trophy Wife's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    51
    Reputation
    58
    Thanks
    14
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Believe? Evolution doesn't require belief. You either accept it or you do not. 'Belief' implies that evolution is subject to someone's personal interpretation of reality and as such its veracity is grounds for speculation, and this is far from being the case. The debate has been over for a while and we're just underlining the facts for everyone else now.

    I think a better question would be: Do you understand evolution?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. I didn't believe in evolution
    By Dave84311 in forum General
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-22-2008, 12:54 PM
  2. I didn't believe in evolution video!
    By arunforce in forum General
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-21-2008, 02:41 PM
  3. How Evolution Happened
    By arunforce in forum General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-25-2008, 05:01 PM
  4. The Evolution of Dance
    By Chronologix in forum General
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-16-2007, 08:25 PM
  5. Evolution vs Creationism
    By Dave84311 in forum Debate Fort
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 12-07-2006, 12:23 AM