Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26
  1. #1
    Sir Nathan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In a 3rd World Country
    Posts
    1,328
    Reputation
    68
    Thanks
    132
    My Mood
    Pensive

    Windows vs Mac: Why is there so much hate towards Macs?

    Yes. I am a Mac user. I have used Windows my whole life until now, and even though it crashed constantly, I thought there was not another option. This Christmas I bought myself a Macbook Pro 13", Intel Core i7 8GB RAM (I upgraded the RAM as soon as I got it) and it is just amazing. The UI, the colors, the user-friendly commands, the way it helps the owner to be fully productive, pretty much everything; I fell in love with the computer. And so my friends who didn't own a Mac told me that it was overpriced and that I should've gone for an Alienware (I did not because I do not play high end games in my laptops- I have an Xbox for that). And then I went to my friend Google to see why do people think Macs are overpriced. I did not just find that (an idea that is based on generalizations and the ignorance of what really comes with a Mac), but also that about 60% of the Windows users HATE Mac users- or furthermore, hate Macs. Funny thing, more than three quarters of the people who hate MacBooks and iMacs and what else have never actually owned one. So, what is the real reason for this spite? Jealousy? Stereotypes? Madness?

    /inb4Windowsusershate
    God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

  2. #2
    Occidi de Pax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Back To The Drum!
    Posts
    3,069
    Reputation
    102
    Thanks
    180
    My Mood
    Bored
    @natiko
    Its not a stereotype.
    You can build a mac pc yourself with 700€ .
    Buy a mac OSX cd and instal it.
    Mac´s are overpriced, they use old hardware, they arent gaming compatible.
    Besides Windows and Linux PC´s are used
    Mac´s are for people who are retarded and have no experience whatsoever with windows UI, then again all Linux distros beat mac to a user friendly UI :| .
    Besides Window´s PC´s are used for a multitude of porpuses research, gamming, GFX, VFX, server hosting. The same for Linux( not so much for gamming).
    While MAC is limited usage.
    Oh and before sayng i dont have a mac i bought a mac once 7 days later i returned it to the shop for being slow and ussless.
    Last edited by Occidi de Pax; 01-22-2012 at 08:20 AM.
    Music historian here to please and displease,learning to teach all you peeps,so stop by the music part of the forum,and ask the question to your needs.

  3. #3
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,518
    Reputation
    1850
    Thanks
    3,161
    My Mood
    Amused
    I lol'ed at a few things in op.

    "I don't need a high end gaming rig I have an xbox"
    The graphics and gameplay dynamics in consoles eventually become outdated,
    Then you have to shell out more cash for a new console, opposed to simply upgrading a component in your PC.
    Mac's are good for all sorts of applications, and sure you can game on them..but OpenGL vs. DirectX lol..
    That's why most Mac users that game either dual boot a WINDOWS OS or they use bootcamp.
    These are my beefs with Apple computers-

    1.Overpriced
    2.Pain in the ass to upgrade hardware yourself
    3.Gaming is just more convenient on a PC

    Essentially a PC is just as good as a MAC and as fars as upgrade capability goes a PC wins in that department.
    As far as MAC users talking about PC users having problems with their PC's keep in mind in most cases the issues themselves are user related.
    If you have little knowledge of your machine and software use, of course there will be issues.

  4. #4
    Sir Nathan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In a 3rd World Country
    Posts
    1,328
    Reputation
    68
    Thanks
    132
    My Mood
    Pensive
    @ultimateon
    Its not a stereotype.
    It is not a stereotype to say that all Mac users are self-absorbed children? Blimey, stereotypes have another meaning nowadays.
    You can build a mac pc yourself with 700€ .
    And your point is...
    Buy a mac OSX cd and instal it.
    The difference is that you are placing a Mac OS X software into a Window designed hardware. You wouldn't place a Mercedes Benz motor into a Honda, now would ya?
    Mac´s are overpriced, they use old hardware, they arent gaming compatible.
    'They aren't gaming compatible'. Read my post before you answer kthx. 'Overpriced'- not in my opinion. Pre-installed programs within Macs could easily be worth 100-200 extra $, and the fact that you do not really need an anti virus also saves up 100-200$ (I am NOT saying there are no virus for Macs because the software is really advanced- I am saying that the fact that there are no viruses saves up money for whatever the reason is)
    Besides Windows and Linux PC´s are used
    used for what? if you mean used the most, does that change anything? A Lamborghini Murcielago is much more expensive than a Prius. However, the Prius is sold much more (perhaps 10x more) than the Murcielago. Does that mean the Prius is better than the Lamborghini?
    Mac´s are for people who are retarded and have no experience whatsoever with windows UI, then again all Linux distros beat mac to a user friendly UI :| .
    'Macs are for people who are retarded'. Stereotyping- it's funny because your argument is probably based under the paradigm that Mac users are indeed less intelligent than Windows or Linux users. And then again, my question remains, why would you think this? I can think that a PS3 is overpriced, but that does not lead me to think that PS3 people are retarded people who do not know better.
    'No experience with Windows UI' I've used Windows for about 16 years. I have used about 95% of the features that come with Windows 7, and just by using 50% of the features that come with OS X Lion, I can tell you it is a better system.
    'Linux destroys Mac to a user friendly UI' I have used the Linux OS for only 3 or so hours, thus I cannot state this to be untrue. However, I am talking about WINDOWS Users hating on Mac users. OS X Lion is definitely more User Friendly than Windows 7- otherwise, you would've said that WINDOWS is more user friendly than Lion, and you wouldn't have had to mention Linux.

    Besides Window´s PC´s are used for a multitude of porpuses research, gamming, GFX, VFX, server hosting. The same for Linux (not so much for gaming).
    And Macs are not used for such things? Besides server hosting (which I would find it rare that there is not one Mac hosting a server in the world) and gaming (with Steam released for Macs, this is bound to change), what the fuck are you talking about?
    While MAC is limited usage.
    Besides gaming, limited usage in what? Lasting battery, i5 and i7 processors, 2.4 GHz, 8GB RAM. Other than the VRAM, what am I limited in?
    Oh and before sayng i dont have a mac i bought a mac once 7 days later i returned it to the shop for being slow and useless.
    Slow? My Mac boot time is of 7-8 seconds from the moment I press the power button. I'd be amazed if any Windows laptop would boot up as fast. Not to mention that my shut down time is less than 6 seconds. So your 'slow' argument is flawed. Useless? You used it for a week, it seems pretty clear that you had no clue on how to get the best off your laptop.


    So thank you for proving my point that most of Windows Users hate on Mac Users. Why? That is what I am trying to find out. Even if Macs were useless, even if they were overpriced, even if they were the most shitty laptops in the market (multiple 'best laptop of 2011' awards for the Macbook Pro say otherwise), there is no real reason to hate on Mac Users. If we choose to buy a product for an unfair price with a shitty hardware/software, what business is that to you?

    @Ethereal
    I do not need high end graphics because I play on my Xbox.
    'Eventually become outdated'. When was the Xbox 360 launched? 2006? 2007? It's been 4-5 years since it was launched, and I don't see any news about a new console coming out. At least not for the first half of 2012. And updating the Xbox online is much easier than updating my laptop's VRAM and RAM.
    'Overpriced'. Again, you consider only the specs. and not what really comes with a Mac. But you are entitled with this opinion- I, myself, do not think Macs are neither overpriced or underpriced. They are right were they should be.
    Yeah, upgrading the hardware is much harder. But updating the software is much much much easier on OS X Lion.
    God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

  5. #5
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,518
    Reputation
    1850
    Thanks
    3,161
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by natiko View Post
    @Ethereal
    I do not need high end graphics because I play on my Xbox.
    'Eventually become outdated'. When was the Xbox 360 launched? 2006? 2007? It's been 4-5 years since it was launched, and I don't see any news about a new console coming out. At least not for the first half of 2012. And updating the Xbox online is much easier than updating my laptop's VRAM and RAM.
    'Overpriced'. Again, you consider only the specs. and not what really comes with a Mac. But you are entitled with this opinion- I, myself, do not think Macs are neither overpriced or underpriced. They are right were they should be.
    Yeah, upgrading the hardware is much harder. But updating the software is much much much easier on OS X Lion.
    Console graphics are already outdated. If you seen what games look like on my pc opposed to Xbox you would see my point.
    I can't believe you're even debating pricing with me right now..
    If I were to build a maxed out PC and compare it to the best Mac out there, we're talking about a 2-3k price differential.

  6. #6
    Sir Nathan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In a 3rd World Country
    Posts
    1,328
    Reputation
    68
    Thanks
    132
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post


    Console graphics are already outdated. If you seen what games look like on my pc opposed to Xbox you would see my point.
    I can't believe you're even debating pricing with me right now..
    If I were to build a maxed out PC and compare it to the best Mac out there, we're talking about a 2-3k price differential.
    If you were to build one, of course. If I were to learn how to build a Macbook from scrap, and do whatever I want to it, it would be much better than any PC out there. So your argument is completely hypothetical, and thus, applicable to both sides of such argument.








    And I am not arguing about which is a better OS/Laptop. You have your opinion and I have mine. But my question is, why do PC Users hate Mac Users so much? There is much less hate from our end than from yours.
    God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

  7. #7
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,518
    Reputation
    1850
    Thanks
    3,161
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by natiko View Post
    If you were to build one, of course. If I were to learn how to build a Macbook from scrap, and do whatever I want to it, it would be much better than any PC out there. So your argument is completely hypothetical, and thus, applicable to both sides of such argument.








    And I am not arguing about which is a better OS/Laptop. You have your opinion and I have mine. But my question is, why do PC Users hate Mac Users so much? There is much less hate from our end than from yours.
    Cool you found a picture on the net that isn't even accurate. Grats.

  8. #8
    Occidi de Pax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Back To The Drum!
    Posts
    3,069
    Reputation
    102
    Thanks
    180
    My Mood
    Bored
    @natiko you confirm the fuking steriotipe youra snot nose brat that doesnt know nothing about computers and macs and makes up shit
    Music historian here to please and displease,learning to teach all you peeps,so stop by the music part of the forum,and ask the question to your needs.

  9. #9
    Sir Nathan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In a 3rd World Country
    Posts
    1,328
    Reputation
    68
    Thanks
    132
    My Mood
    Pensive
    @ultimateon
    Why are you so mad? Jealousy towards Mac users? Haters gonna hate.

    @Ethereal
    We're getting a bit off the debate anyways. My question is 'what do you prefer; mac or windows, and why?'. My question is 'Why do Windows users hate so much on Mac users?'.
    God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

  10. #10
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,518
    Reputation
    1850
    Thanks
    3,161
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by natiko View Post
    @ultimateon
    Why are you so mad? Jealousy towards Mac users? Haters gonna hate.

    @Ethereal
    We're getting a bit off the debate anyways. My question is 'what do you prefer; mac or windows, and why?'. My question is 'Why do Windows users hate so much on Mac users?'.
    Mmm.. way to be hypocritical. I posted my points, and my debate and you posted a picture from the internet.
    This isn't the question section my friend, this is the debate section.
    So you either fire off a debate in Mac's offense or defense or don't make a thread.
    This isn't the question section. Bring me irrefutable proof that a Mac bests a PC or we don't take you seriously.

  11. #11
    Occidi de Pax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Back To The Drum!
    Posts
    3,069
    Reputation
    102
    Thanks
    180
    My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by natiko View Post
    @ultimateon
    Why are you so mad? Jealousy towards Mac users? Haters gonna hate.

    @Ethereal
    We're getting a bit off the debate anyways. My question is 'what do you prefer; mac or windows, and why?'. My question is 'Why do Windows users hate so much on Mac users?'.
    Dont work that way son.
    Your going to have to post concrete evidence that mac´s are better then pc´s .
    And yet all that you´v shown me can be done be going in to google and typing "why is mac better then windows" and by the way mac wont ever be as efficient or as good looking as pc´s
    Music historian here to please and displease,learning to teach all you peeps,so stop by the music part of the forum,and ask the question to your needs.

  12. #12
    Sir Nathan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In a 3rd World Country
    Posts
    1,328
    Reputation
    68
    Thanks
    132
    My Mood
    Pensive
    @Ethereal you are about to get Mac'd


    Want reasons? Sweet.
    1) Macs have a better sleep mode system. It is no secret that most people use their laptops for very big amounts of time, and Windows does not provide a good sleep mode. Sure, it does have one, but it lacks the security and the reliability than the sleep mode that Lion provides. To top that, Macs can sleep for weeks and you will turn it on just were you left it. Macs 1-0 PCs.
    2) Faster boot times. I posted this before. My boot time is between 6 and 7 seconds. Windows is above 10 seconds since you press the startup button. There is no need to argue about this. Anybody who has used a Mac lately would know, but of course, I, for the sake of the debate, assume you have not.
    3) The product parts are chosen much more carefully by Apple than by any PC supplier. It is no secret either that every Apple product is of extreme high quality. I am not an Apple fanboy, I barely like the iPhone and despise both the iPod Touch and the iPad amazingly. Yet the quality of this products is great. You know by the time you buy a product from Apple that the elegance and beauty of it will be stunning. Take for example the Mac LCD screen. You will be lucky if you find such quality in another laptop for the same price (don't bullshit me with the 'I can make one and it will end up costing less than a Mac', I can make a fucking Mac from scrap after learning how to do it and it will be cheaper than any PC too, so that argument is highly HIGHLY flawed).
    4) Macs keep it simple. There is no need for wireless on/off button. No need for useless keys. And now that we are on the keyboard subject, Macs keyboards are of amazing quality. The only keyboard that can be compared with Apple's one is that of the Sony Series Z (my brother has one), but it doesn't even top it. Note: the Sony VAIO Series Z is priced for over 2000$.
    5) Mac OS X Lion is MUCH MUCH MUCH better than Windows. I still have my Sony VAIO and yet I refuse to open it anymore. Why? Because when I think of Windows 7, I remember an era of shitty crashes, useless updates, and a horrible UI. The 'Start' column? The attempt to mix OS X's and Linux's dock with the most horrible bar I have ever seen? The horrible icons? Anybody who has ever used OS X Lion would know how beautiful and user friendly and easy to use and productivity friendly this OS is. And if I ever want to get back on that horrid platform and I don't have my VAIO, I will install it with Bootcamp. Yeah, you can make a Hackintosh, just as you can make a Volkswagen reach a speed of 200 KM/h with the right specs. I am talking about legit specs and options. Mac OS X Lion allows Windows 7. Windows 7 does not allow Mac OS X Lion.
    6) It is much easier to troubleshoot Macs. What do you have in Windows? Task Manager? In Lion you have 3 programs. Activity monitor; a refurbished and 10x better version of Task Manager- it includes graphs, % of the cores used, and even peak times of speed. Console; easy to access the log for all the actions in the laptop. Disk utility; lets you identify disk integrity issues.
    7) Most of the freeware apps for Macs are of great quality. This is due to Apple, of course. To be honest, I could've just bought Office 2011 and Adobe Suite, and my Mac would've been perfect for everything by downloading other freeware apps. And I could have the certainty that 95% of them would be of amazing quality. In Windows there are so many shitty products I do not know were to begin. Some products that are just fucking horrible.
    8) There are much more useful apps pre-installed in the Mac. Yeah, you have your paint for fucking goofing around in primary school. We have iPhoto. iMovie- 1000 times better than Windows Movie Maker (I have Final Cut Pro, for your info). Garage Band- there is no freeware app like this for Windows. Mail- no Mail app preinstalled in Windows, and the best you can get is Outlook. The App Store- no App Store for Windows. iCal, which really can't be compared to any Calendar application for windows. iTunes- 10 times better than Windows Media Player.
    9) System Preferences vs. Control Panel. Not sure if this is even debatable, but Control Panel is a fucking joke. System Preferences is just what you are looking for when trying to tweak the general and more advanced settings of your computer.
    10) Applications full of bullshit. You ever had your shitty product that you used one popping up a 'Your free trial is about to expire!' in the lower bar or popping up a window? In Lion it will not notify you until you open the App itself.
    11) No need for Anti-Virus software. Yes, perhaps this is because Macs are not yet mainstream enough for someone to actually care about making a virus, but we still don't need an anti-virus. I would expand this point writing about how much you can spend in an Anti-Virus software that actually leaves NO VIRUS WHATSOEVER enter your laptop, but I feel this is not worth it. New PC= 'fuck I need to buy an antivirus'. New Mac = 'antivirus? '
    12) Airport Utility. Ever heard of it? Look it up. Wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft copied it and implemented this into their Windows 8 (which is bound to be shitty anyways- the new UI seems awful).
    13) Migration. It is a pain in the ass when migrating from one PC to another. With Macs? There is a fucking application just for that. It saves up all the trouble, and makes it easy for you to be lock and loaded in your new Macintosh.
    14) Mac supports a phone much better than Windows. Oh wait, Windows does not really support an specific phone. iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch + Mac = best synchronizing system ever.
    15) Macs, in the long term, are cheaper than PCs. Yeah, flame at me, all of you haters who have never even touched a Macintosh before. My uncle has a 2002 iBook, and it is still running like a charm. Of course, it has OS X Lion, and it boots up a little slower (about 15 seconds, a bit less than a Windows). Its been 9 years, and it still runs. This saves a lot of money for reparations and the fact that you don't really need to buy a new one (you should, but it is not necessary). I already talked about the pre-installed apps. In my opinion, OS X Lion is highly underpriced. iLife should cost 200$. iCal? About 50$. iTunes? 20$. Lets price it off here. The Alienware M14x. 13 inches laptop. Intel Core i7. 4GB of RAM. 750GB of HD space. 1GB of VM against my Macbook Pro. It has everything there BUT the VRAM and the extra 250GB of Memory. So let's remove this from the Alienware, and we should have 300$ left? 250$? So it comes down to 950$. Macbook Pro WITHOUT iLife- hundreds of PC experts agree that this suite is the best suite preinstalled in an OS in history, should be about 100$ less (to be fair, it should be much more). Without iCal, 20$ less. Without a perfect antivirus? 100$ less? So it becomes a laptop priced at about 1000$? 100$ more than the Alienware? 50$? And yet the support Apple gives to its customers is just incomparable. So in the end, yes, a PC with the specs and equal programs of its counterpart costs much more than a Mac.


    This was really a fuzz, but I am glad I have pointed out 15 reasons why Macs are better than PCs. I do expect to get flamed by this, but who cares? .9 of the people who will flame have never used a Mac, so I couldn't care less.
    God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

  13. #13
    DisturbedA7X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    CA Modding Section + Minecraft section
    Posts
    1,382
    Reputation
    45
    Thanks
    210
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Your friends suggested ALIENWARE instead of MAC? dumbasses. Alienware is way overpriced, and so are Macs.

    and i love Windows and hate Macs. Why? Macs aren't compatible with most games. Windows can do more than what a Mac can do. Macs are for people that know nothing about computers (hence the "user-friendly" shit). Windows can be used by noobs and experts. Windows are way more customizable (speed of the computer, looks, CMD commands, etc.)


  14. #14
    Jigsaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Moon
    Posts
    23,220
    Reputation
    852
    Thanks
    2,088
    This whole fight about PC x Mac is pointless. I got a Mini Mac month ago btw, just saving my files on this computer and I will be ready for Mac.
    DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF
    AND FACE TO BLOODSHED

  15. #15
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,518
    Reputation
    1850
    Thanks
    3,161
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by natiko View Post
    @Ethereal you are about to get Mac'd


    Want reasons? Sweet.
    1) Macs have a better sleep mode system. It is no secret that most people use their laptops for very big amounts of time, and Windows does not provide a good sleep mode. Sure, it does have one, but it lacks the security and the reliability than the sleep mode that Lion provides. To top that, Macs can sleep for weeks and you will turn it on just were you left it. Macs 1-0 PCs.
    2) Faster boot times. I posted this before. My boot time is between 6 and 7 seconds. Windows is above 10 seconds since you press the startup button. There is no need to argue about this. Anybody who has used a Mac lately would know, but of course, I, for the sake of the debate, assume you have not.
    3) The product parts are chosen much more carefully by Apple than by any PC supplier. It is no secret either that every Apple product is of extreme high quality. I am not an Apple fanboy, I barely like the iPhone and despise both the iPod Touch and the iPad amazingly. Yet the quality of this products is great. You know by the time you buy a product from Apple that the elegance and beauty of it will be stunning. Take for example the Mac LCD screen. You will be lucky if you find such quality in another laptop for the same price (don't bullshit me with the 'I can make one and it will end up costing less than a Mac', I can make a fucking Mac from scrap after learning how to do it and it will be cheaper than any PC too, so that argument is highly HIGHLY flawed).
    4) Macs keep it simple. There is no need for wireless on/off button. No need for useless keys. And now that we are on the keyboard subject, Macs keyboards are of amazing quality. The only keyboard that can be compared with Apple's one is that of the Sony Series Z (my brother has one), but it doesn't even top it. Note: the Sony VAIO Series Z is priced for over 2000$.
    5) Mac OS X Lion is MUCH MUCH MUCH better than Windows. I still have my Sony VAIO and yet I refuse to open it anymore. Why? Because when I think of Windows 7, I remember an era of shitty crashes, useless updates, and a horrible UI. The 'Start' column? The attempt to mix OS X's and Linux's dock with the most horrible bar I have ever seen? The horrible icons? Anybody who has ever used OS X Lion would know how beautiful and user friendly and easy to use and productivity friendly this OS is. And if I ever want to get back on that horrid platform and I don't have my VAIO, I will install it with Bootcamp. Yeah, you can make a Hackintosh, just as you can make a Volkswagen reach a speed of 200 KM/h with the right specs. I am talking about legit specs and options. Mac OS X Lion allows Windows 7. Windows 7 does not allow Mac OS X Lion.
    6) It is much easier to troubleshoot Macs. What do you have in Windows? Task Manager? In Lion you have 3 programs. Activity monitor; a refurbished and 10x better version of Task Manager- it includes graphs, % of the cores used, and even peak times of speed. Console; easy to access the log for all the actions in the laptop. Disk utility; lets you identify disk integrity issues.
    7) Most of the freeware apps for Macs are of great quality. This is due to Apple, of course. To be honest, I could've just bought Office 2011 and Adobe Suite, and my Mac would've been perfect for everything by downloading other freeware apps. And I could have the certainty that 95% of them would be of amazing quality. In Windows there are so many shitty products I do not know were to begin. Some products that are just fucking horrible.
    8) There are much more useful apps pre-installed in the Mac. Yeah, you have your paint for fucking goofing around in primary school. We have iPhoto. iMovie- 1000 times better than Windows Movie Maker (I have Final Cut Pro, for your info). Garage Band- there is no freeware app like this for Windows. Mail- no Mail app preinstalled in Windows, and the best you can get is Outlook. The App Store- no App Store for Windows. iCal, which really can't be compared to any Calendar application for windows. iTunes- 10 times better than Windows Media Player.
    9) System Preferences vs. Control Panel. Not sure if this is even debatable, but Control Panel is a fucking joke. System Preferences is just what you are looking for when trying to tweak the general and more advanced settings of your computer.
    10) Applications full of bullshit. You ever had your shitty product that you used one popping up a 'Your free trial is about to expire!' in the lower bar or popping up a window? In Lion it will not notify you until you open the App itself.
    11) No need for Anti-Virus software. Yes, perhaps this is because Macs are not yet mainstream enough for someone to actually care about making a virus, but we still don't need an anti-virus. I would expand this point writing about how much you can spend in an Anti-Virus software that actually leaves NO VIRUS WHATSOEVER enter your laptop, but I feel this is not worth it. New PC= 'fuck I need to buy an antivirus'. New Mac = 'antivirus? '
    12) Airport Utility. Ever heard of it? Look it up. Wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft copied it and implemented this into their Windows 8 (which is bound to be shitty anyways- the new UI seems awful).
    13) Migration. It is a pain in the ass when migrating from one PC to another. With Macs? There is a fucking application just for that. It saves up all the trouble, and makes it easy for you to be lock and loaded in your new Macintosh.
    14) Mac supports a phone much better than Windows. Oh wait, Windows does not really support an specific phone. iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch + Mac = best synchronizing system ever.
    15) Macs, in the long term, are cheaper than PCs. Yeah, flame at me, all of you haters who have never even touched a Macintosh before. My uncle has a 2002 iBook, and it is still running like a charm. Of course, it has OS X Lion, and it boots up a little slower (about 15 seconds, a bit less than a Windows). Its been 9 years, and it still runs. This saves a lot of money for reparations and the fact that you don't really need to buy a new one (you should, but it is not necessary). I already talked about the pre-installed apps. In my opinion, OS X Lion is highly underpriced. iLife should cost 200$. iCal? About 50$. iTunes? 20$. Lets price it off here. The Alienware M14x. 13 inches laptop. Intel Core i7. 4GB of RAM. 750GB of HD space. 1GB of VM against my Macbook Pro. It has everything there BUT the VRAM and the extra 250GB of Memory. So let's remove this from the Alienware, and we should have 300$ left? 250$? So it comes down to 950$. Macbook Pro WITHOUT iLife- hundreds of PC experts agree that this suite is the best suite preinstalled in an OS in history, should be about 100$ less (to be fair, it should be much more). Without iCal, 20$ less. Without a perfect antivirus? 100$ less? So it becomes a laptop priced at about 1000$? 100$ more than the Alienware? 50$? And yet the support Apple gives to its customers is just incomparable. So in the end, yes, a PC with the specs and equal programs of its counterpart costs much more than a Mac.


    This was really a fuzz, but I am glad I have pointed out 15 reasons why Macs are better than PCs. I do expect to get flamed by this, but who cares? .9 of the people who will flame have never used a Mac, so I couldn't care less.
    Mac Pro
    CPU-3.33Ghz 6 Core Intel Xeon (haha i still laugh about macs using intel CPU's, well i guess they never really made their own anyways (Power PC was made by IBM)
    RAM-12GB of DDR3 ECC SDRAM
    HDD- 2TB
    GPU- 2X Radeon 6870

    Sorry for the lack of info, Apple never really discloses alot about the hardware they use...(go figure)

    Total $6271.00

    Custom Built PC
    MOBO-EVGA Classified SR-2 270-WS-W555-A2 LGA 1366 Intel 5520 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 (mac does not offer either sata 6GB/s or USB 3.0, this board has both)
    CPU-3.33Ghz 6 Core Intel Xeon
    RAM-12 GB (4X3) Corsair Dominator DDR3 2000 (PC 16000) (much better performing/higher quality than the conventional 1600Mhz ddr3 used in the mac system)
    GPU- 2X MSI R6870 Hawk Radeon HD 6870 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CFX (better quality and HDMI, which mac refuses to support)
    HDD- Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive
    PSU- ABS Majesty series MJ1100-M Continuous 1100W@50°C ATX12V/EPS12V 80 PLUS GOLD Certified, Single 12V Rail (much better quality and higher output than mac)
    AUD- ASUS Xonar Essence STX Virtual 7.1 Channels PCI Express x1 Interface 124 dB SNR / Headphone( much higher performance and quality than integrated mac sound)
    BLU-LG Black 10X Blu-ray Burner - Bulk SATA WH10LS30 LightScribe Support (another mainstream technology apple refuses to acknowledge and does not offer)
    CDR-ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner
    CASE-Corsair Obsidian Series 800D CC800DW Black Aluminum / Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case (just as aesthetic as the mac case, if not more)
    OS-Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Full

    Total $4,382.87
    Price difference $1,888.13

    I think this is simple enough for even the most ignorant mac user to realize that the custom build is comprised of higher quality/better performing components while offering many very use-full mainstream technologies that Apple refuses to acknowledge even exist( marketing, they want you to buy their own proprietary dead end technologies) while somehow still managing to offer a $1,888.13 savings over the under performing mac pro. The extra must be for the shiny case and social status.

    2-OPERATING SYSTEM.
    *I'll give it to the mac that that their OS (not even totally theirs, based off UNIX) is very good looking and simple to use but this is also part of the problem as the mac OS is designed towards the computer illiterate and is actually quite limiting and very pointlessly laid out to anybody who has half a clue as to how to actually run windows.( no right click, goofy dock that doesnt differentiate between running programs and icons, programs dont actually close when i press x, no real full screen, drag and drop doesn't actually copy files just creates shortcuts and buckets full of other stupid little quirks that annoy the hell out of me)

    * It's better?? I think not, this pre conception comes from the masses of brainless mac users who hopped on OSX with a hand full off retard proof built in software and managed to make a movie, not necessarily better just easier ( in the opinion of the mac user easier = better)

    *Compatibility...HA, good luck interfacing with anything that doesn't have an " i " in front of the name. This is part of apples marketing scheme aswell, yes they will eventually do what you want (most of the time) but only if you buy the i-this and i-that from the apple store (which will cost twice as much, starting to see the trend??)

    *Crashing. The difference between a pc based on Windows crashing and a Mac is that on the pc the crash is in 99% of the cases caused by badly coded third party software, when the Mac just has a faulty operating system. Why else would Apple themselves run their india website on Linux RedHat?
    There is another fun part about crashes on the mac, it's almost always impossible to trace the source of the crash. When your mac crashes you simply reinstall the system. Sounds like a fun thing to do in your spare time, well buy a Mac then!

    *Charging for service packs. Rediculous especially when you consider what the differences are between one and the other (not much)

    3-Virus's. This one is very simple, macs do get virus's just not as many as PC's because there are not as many macs as PC's. If you were a virus writer why would you write code for a machine no one has ?? If anything mac's are actually more subceptible to virus's due to the fact mac openly advertises the fact you do not need anti-virus software and actually does little to nothing as far as built in securities... they even ship with their firewall turned off!!!!

    4-Upgrading and customizing. Non Existent, with a mac what you buy is what you get. Yeah you can upgrade(slightly) but the prices are so astronomical that you might as well just get a new machine.

    5-Software. The amount of software titles for mac platform are very limited and generally cost alot more than their windows based counterparts. Yes macs can now run windows in boot camp which allows macs to run windows software but isn't installing your most hated badly talked about competitors software kind-of like admitting defeat ??

    6- Repair. Yes applecare is great, I wont argue with that. How ever after your 1 (or 3 years if you paid the extra $400) is up you are S.O.L. $1,100 to replace a burnt out GPU...yeah not for me.

    7-Gaming. Yeah it's the number 1 talked about reason although it may not be the most important to some people which is why I put it last. All the same mac's have a major game deficiency. There are next to no major labels directly for the mac platform, yes you can run windows games in boot camp. Still whats even mac about running windows games in windows on the X86/X64 hardware mac's stole from the PC world because they couldn't hack it with their own hardware. Again shiny cover, social status and astronomical price tag come to mind.
    Last edited by Ethereal; 01-23-2012 at 01:57 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Why is there so much racism/religous hate.
    By HackPack in forum Islam vs Western World
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-01-2009, 11:17 AM
  2. Why isnt there an olimpic sport lik this??
    By Zhellbound in forum General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-17-2008, 05:01 PM
  3. why is there so much shit here?
    By scimmyboy in forum Combat Arms Hacks & Cheats
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-22-2008, 08:04 PM
  4. WHY IS THERE A PLUS NEXT TO MY NAME?
    By Xray3109 in forum Spammers Corner
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-02-2008, 01:56 PM
  5. Why isint there no inf ammo on forums?
    By Ardefoc in forum WarRock - International Hacks
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-10-2007, 06:04 AM