Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 76
  1. #46
    Flengo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    16,016
    Reputation
    3421
    Thanks
    11,332
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post


    Africa could easily have the most prosperous countries in the world if those damn greedy militias would stop pillaging every village for workers in the Diamond mines/riverbeds/quarries
    We both know that's not going to stop anytime soon.
    I Read All Of My PM's & VM's
    If you need help with anything, just let me know.
     
     
    VM | PM

    Publicist Since 04.04.2015
    Middleman Since Unknown - Unknown
    Global Moderator Since 08.01.2013
    Donator Since 05.29.2013

    Minion+ Since 04.18.2013

    District 187 Minion Since 04.04.2013
    Steam Minion Since 02.26.2013
    WarRock Minion Since 02.19.2013
    A.V.A Minion Since 02.13.2013
    DayZ Minion Since 01.21.2013
    Combat Arms Minion Since 12.26.2012
    Contributor Since 11.16.2012
    Member Since 05.11.2010


  2. #47
    Lehsyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,900
    Reputation
    1281
    Thanks
    3,067
    Quote Originally Posted by comando2056 View Post


    We both know that's not going to stop anytime soon.

    A couple of the countries have already liberated themselves from the power induced hands of the militia's that were governing the local communities. It also took people multiple centuries to finally get sick of Britain and decide to liberate themselves, even if we were a newly founded nation at the time it only took a couple people to rally the troops, the same goes for the countries in Africa. So no, we do not know that. That's a biased statement based on situational thinking, the kind of thinking that leads a country to its demise of liberty.

  3. #48
    Flengo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    16,016
    Reputation
    3421
    Thanks
    11,332
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post


    A couple of the countries have already liberated themselves from the power induced hands of the militia's that were governing the local communities. It also took people multiple centuries to finally get sick of Britain and decide to liberate themselves, even if we were a newly founded nation at the time it only took a couple people to rally the troops, the same goes for the countries in Africa. So no, we do not know that. That's a biased statement based on situational thinking, the kind of thinking that leads a country to its demise of liberty.
    It'll decrease, yes. But there will always be one faggot which won't stop and will end up being the worst of them all.

    I do hope it stops, but I don't see it happening in the near future.
    I Read All Of My PM's & VM's
    If you need help with anything, just let me know.
     
     
    VM | PM

    Publicist Since 04.04.2015
    Middleman Since Unknown - Unknown
    Global Moderator Since 08.01.2013
    Donator Since 05.29.2013

    Minion+ Since 04.18.2013

    District 187 Minion Since 04.04.2013
    Steam Minion Since 02.26.2013
    WarRock Minion Since 02.19.2013
    A.V.A Minion Since 02.13.2013
    DayZ Minion Since 01.21.2013
    Combat Arms Minion Since 12.26.2012
    Contributor Since 11.16.2012
    Member Since 05.11.2010


  4. #49
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,896
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,346
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post


    Africa could easily have the most prosperous countries in the world if those damn greedy militias would stop pillaging every village for workers in the Diamond mines/riverbeds/quarries
    Gems don't make you a wealthy country, nor do they provide any power.


  5. #50
    Lehsyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,900
    Reputation
    1281
    Thanks
    3,067
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    Gems don't make you a wealthy country, nor do they provide any power.
    On the contrary, if there were no Diamonds there would be no reason for the slavery of innocent people for the Diamond mines, nor would there be reason for so much death, nor the militias themselves. They'd most likely still only be tight knit groupings of communities governing themselves. There are reasons why many Africans in Sierra Leone spend day after day hunting for Diamonds in back-breaking, weather pounding conditions just for a couple gems that will only make them a couple cents each day, and that is because if they find just the right Gem, said persons entire life will go from poverty to a decent living. The Diamond trade in Sierra Leone is a 60 billion dollar industry, and the value of a dollar is much higher over there in comparison to our own. And the most enriched deposits of Diamonds are only existing in Sierra Leone, many other countries have their own deposits with much higher value. So to be honest man, in this case it could make the country wealthy in comparison to the situation that is going on in each individual country at the moment. And monetary gain does equal power in this days society.

  6. #51
    You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    scotbud123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    2,753
    Reputation
    86
    Thanks
    212
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    On the contrary, if there were no Diamonds there would be no reason for the slavery of innocent people for the Diamond mines, nor would there be reason for so much death, nor the militias themselves. They'd most likely still only be tight knit groupings of communities governing themselves. There are reasons why many Africans in Sierra Leone spend day after day hunting for Diamonds in back-breaking, weather pounding conditions just for a couple gems that will only make them a couple cents each day, and that is because if they find just the right Gem, said persons entire life will go from poverty to a decent living. The Diamond trade in Sierra Leone is a 60 billion dollar industry, and the value of a dollar is much higher over there in comparison to our own. And the most enriched deposits of Diamonds are only existing in Sierra Leone, many other countries have their own deposits with much higher value. So to be honest man, in this case it could make the country wealthy in comparison to the situation that is going on in each individual country at the moment. And monetary gain does equal power in this days society.
    That's all 100% true, sadly most of the common people aren't going to see even a quarter (1\4th not 25 cents) of that money. (And it's not going to really benefit them either.)
    Last edited by scotbud123; 07-09-2012 at 09:40 PM.








     





















  7. #52
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,896
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,346
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post


    On the contrary, if there were no Diamonds there would be no reason for the slavery of innocent people for the Diamond mines, nor would there be reason for so much death, nor the militias themselves. They'd most likely still only be tight knit groupings of communities governing themselves. There are reasons why many Africans in Sierra Leone spend day after day hunting for Diamonds in back-breaking, weather pounding conditions just for a couple gems that will only make them a couple cents each day, and that is because if they find just the right Gem, said persons entire life will go from poverty to a decent living. The Diamond trade in Sierra Leone is a 60 billion dollar industry, and the value of a dollar is much higher over there in comparison to our own. And the most enriched deposits of Diamonds are only existing in Sierra Leone, many other countries have their own deposits with much higher value. So to be honest man, in this case it could make the country wealthy in comparison to the situation that is going on in each individual country at the moment. And monetary gain does equal power in this days society.

    So again, they don't make the country wealthy.

    Just because gems sell doesn't mean jack really. Gems are only able to sell in limited amounts because of inflation. Also this value of the dollar nonsense is stupid. 60 billion a year may be a lot over there, but in international scales its nothing. Also there amount to gain is very limited to the amount people want to buy on the market. The whole gem business isn't as great as you might think. Its not a everyday thing to buy a diamond.

    Monetary gain does equal power but its got a limit and you'd do well to remember that money alone isn't what will win a war or gain influence.


  8. #53
    Lehsyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,900
    Reputation
    1281
    Thanks
    3,067
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post



    So again, they don't make the country wealthy.

    Just because gems sell doesn't mean jack really. Gems are only able to sell in limited amounts because of inflation. Also this value of the dollar nonsense is stupid. 60 billion a year may be a lot over there, but in international scales its nothing. Also there amount to gain is very limited to the amount people want to buy on the market. The whole gem business isn't as great as you might think. Its not a everyday thing to buy a diamond.

    Monetary gain does equal power but its got a limit and you'd do well to remember that money alone isn't what will win a war or gain influence.
    It doesn't matter how much 60 billion costs on an international scale for them though. They provide most of their own sustenance for each other in each community, foreign aid is usually stolen by the militias (saw it first hand when I went over to Uganda with the Peace Corp), so they need to provide for themselves. That being said, that 60 billion spread throughout the communities could turn peoples lives over for the best. Hell, we gave a hundred bucks to a community, came back a week later and they had fifty new types of medicine, a new warehouse built (not really "warehouse" more like "average sized structure") and that warehouse was filled with enough grain to last them three years.

    I'm running off first hand experience here man, for them it does equal power because it can save their lives. And you can't have power if you're dead.

  9. #54
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,896
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,346
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post


    It doesn't matter how much 60 billion costs on an international scale for them though. They provide most of their own sustenance for each other in each community, foreign aid is usually stolen by the militias (saw it first hand when I went over to Uganda with the Peace Corp), so they need to provide for themselves. That being said, that 60 billion spread throughout the communities could turn peoples lives over for the best. Hell, we gave a hundred bucks to a community, came back a week later and they had fifty new types of medicine, a new warehouse built (not really "warehouse" more like "average sized structure") and that warehouse was filled with enough grain to last them three years.

    I'm running off first hand experience here man, for them it does equal power because it can save their lives. And you can't have power if you're dead.
    I don't believe there is anyone in the history of man to sell gems and spread the wealth to the entire nation.

    If you took any normal business model you'd realize that a company keeps its profits within the company.


  10. #55
    Lehsyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,900
    Reputation
    1281
    Thanks
    3,067
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    I don't believe there is anyone in the history of man to sell gems and spread the wealth to the entire nation.

    If you took any normal business model you'd realize that a company keeps its profits within the company.
    I'm not talking individually. If said governments in the nations industrialized upon the wealth of the deposits using a federal systematic business model then it would be for the countries economic gain, not an individuals. Basically, wipe out the militias, take over the Diamond deposits, set up mines and hire the locals there for a decent wage, sell the diamonds to jewelers to be cut or set up such a system in the country itself to cut out the middleman, and they would be seeing major profits in comparison to what they had before roll in. If they base the entire approach for the good of the community it will work. If they end up being just like the militias it obviously will not.

  11. #56
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,896
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,346
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post


    I'm not talking individually. If said governments in the nations industrialized upon the wealth of the deposits using a federal systematic business model then it would be for the countries economic gain, not an individuals. Basically, wipe out the militias, take over the Diamond deposits, set up mines and hire the locals there for a decent wage, sell the diamonds to jewelers to be cut or set up such a system in the country itself to cut out the middleman, and they would be seeing major profits in comparison to what they had before roll in. If they base the entire approach for the good of the community it will work. If they end up being just like the militias it obviously will not.
    The problem is that in your scenario the militia would just take the profit or run the mines. If you got rid of the militia the country would naturally improve anyway.


  12. #57
    Lehsyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,900
    Reputation
    1281
    Thanks
    3,067
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    The problem is that in your scenario the militia would just take the profit or run the mines. If you got rid of the militia the country would naturally improve anyway.

    We'd also need a government in place to keep the militia's from creating themselves again There would be more than just the Diamonds involved and that's the problem they're having now

  13. #58
    Tony Stark`'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,370
    Reputation
    212
    Thanks
    458
    I dont think its a lost cause I just planned to not go to college and I think im gonna build an orphanage In kenya like kinda a village Idea where kids are put in a house with 8 kids and two parents I want to get kids who lost both there parents, i wanna give them a better chance at life Im gonna work for a couple years to get the money to do this but i dont think its a lost cause at all

  14. #59
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,896
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,346
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post



    We'd also need a government in place to keep the militia's from creating themselves again There would be more than just the Diamonds involved and that's the problem they're having now
    Yes but the problem is that the options are limited really. The best idea would be to have a better military run by the government. But then you'd either be fighting the militia all day, or it would result into the same thing.

    I'd go for the extermination. If you wiped out every last member in a short period of time they would cease to exist, and not many people want to just up and start a new one.
    -But that would require foreign aid. I highly doubt any country would just do that much for free. Also it would require secrecy, another thing almost impossible.


  15. #60
    Lehsyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,900
    Reputation
    1281
    Thanks
    3,067
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    Yes but the problem is that the options are limited really. The best idea would be to have a better military run by the government. But then you'd either be fighting the militia all day, or it would result into the same thing.

    I'd go for the extermination. If you wiped out every last member in a short period of time they would cease to exist, and not many people want to just up and start a new one.
    -But that would require foreign aid. I highly doubt any country would just do that much for free. Also it would require secrecy, another thing almost impossible.
    Very true, a simple execution of the militia's in total would be fantastic, but you know some countries would expect to individually own their own deposits at that point, leading to sovereign nations in each country which would ultimately end in disaster

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 34
    Last Post: 11-13-2010, 07:36 AM
  2. Bleach vs Battlestar vs Lost
    By arunforce in forum General
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 09-25-2009, 11:58 AM
  3. New Map "Lost Shrine"
    By fallen in forum Gunz General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-20-2006, 08:33 AM
  4. I eat trees (lost thread)
    By Chronologix in forum Help & Requests
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-27-2006, 09:29 PM
  5. Lost
    By kvmn8 in forum Entertainment
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-25-2006, 06:56 PM