Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 76
  1. #1
    Canadian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    On my computer chair playing crossfire.
    Posts
    2,831
    Reputation
    18
    Thanks
    271
    My Mood
    Lurking

    Africa = Lost cause?

    I'm only posting alot of threads because this section is honestly so dead it's not even funny, but I realize when I post a few threads it sparks a few debates.
    anyways,
    Do you personally believe that Africa is a lost cause? I personally don't know, if you take a look at malaria and aids and how there are thousands of kids dying a day and mass famine and then you look at South Africa where when given a chance it prospered.
    Opinions?

  2. #2
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    As long as human life is not viewed equal, africa is lost.

    The problem is not that any country wouldn't "gain" from helping africa. Africa itself is still pretty rich. But the problem is that modern civilization stopped caring about africa long ago.

    Its also a horrible place to wage a foreign war in. The people of this world just don't care anymore.


  3. #3
    AWildPatriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    146
    Reputation
    14
    Thanks
    15
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Have any of you been to Africa? The cities may infested with disease, but they have infrastructure and even police.
    It is not as bad as we think, and the only thing making the public view of Africa worse is the media.





  4. The Following User Says Thank You to AWildPatriot For This Useful Post:

    DeathScourge (07-04-2012)

  5. #4
    Canadian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    On my computer chair playing crossfire.
    Posts
    2,831
    Reputation
    18
    Thanks
    271
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by AWildPatriot View Post
    Have any of you been to Africa? The cities may infested with disease, but they have infrastructure and even police.
    It is not as bad as we think, and the only thing making the public view of Africa worse is the media.
    How stupid can you be? Africa is in a terrible state, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.
    Africa is doing so bad because it's in the interest of big nations for cheap resources, africa is in a critical shape.
    Malaria, children dying, selling their children, war lords, murder, heat waves.

  6. #5
    AWildPatriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    146
    Reputation
    14
    Thanks
    15
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian View Post

    How stupid can you be? Africa is in a terrible state, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.
    Africa is doing so bad because it's in the interest of big nations for cheap resources, africa is in a critical shape.
    Malaria, children dying, selling their children, war lords, murder, heat waves.
    I've actually visited Africa many times. The infrastructure is stable in the cities, and nearly 60% of the populace resides in the Cities.
    What you see is the desert-poverty ridden side of Africa.





  7. #6
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by AWildPatriot View Post
    I've actually visited Africa many times. The infrastructure is stable in the cities, and nearly 60% of the populace resides in the Cities.
    What you see is the desert-poverty ridden side of Africa.
    You see, this is what we call "bullshit".


    Because Africa, is not a single country. It is a continent. Saying you "visited africa many times" is what we'd like to call, generic proof.
    -Something claimed that covers nothing.

    For example: "I've visited north america many times, its doing okay."


    You see, the difference is that if you visit the US or Canada, that would be true. But Mexico, not so much. You are making a general statement like "i visited Africa" like its all one place an nothing is different throughout the entire continent.

    Not only that, but what normally happens is the "tourist effect". When you visit a place and don't know the reality of what its like to actually live there in a normal life.

    ---------------------------------------------------------------

    I mean sure if you visited South Africa, or certain cities, you'd probably think "oh its ok". But statistics show that Africa is pretty much plagued with disease/famine and war. You don't see too many "help the hungry" posters not about africa either.
    Last edited by Empire; 06-23-2012 at 05:10 PM.


  8. #7
    Loouis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Enschede
    Posts
    408
    Reputation
    20
    Thanks
    30
    My Mood
    Innocent
    They still believe in voodoo and black magic. What the hell do you think?
    Je pense donc je suis.






  9. #8
    AWildPatriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    146
    Reputation
    14
    Thanks
    15
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    You see, this is what we call "bullshit".


    Because Africa, is not a single country. It is a continent. Saying you "visited africa many times" is what we'd like to call, generic proof.
    -Something claimed that covers nothing.

    For example: "I've visited north america many times, its doing okay."


    You see, the difference is that if you visit the US or Canada, that would be true. But Mexico, not so much. You are making a general statement like "i visited Africa" like its all one place an nothing is different throughout the entire continent.

    Not only that, but what normally happens is the "tourist effect". When you visit a place and don't know the reality of what its like to actually live there in a normal life.

    ---------------------------------------------------------------

    I mean sure if you visited South Africa, or certain cities, you'd probably think "oh its ok". But statistics show that Africa is pretty much plagued with disease/famine and war. You don't see too many "help the hungry" posters not about africa either.
    You're right. I've had the tourist and visitor point of view, and I thus do not know what It is like to live in Africa. The longest I've stayed is merely 1 and a half weeks, but saying all of Africa is suffering from disease and famine is not correct. It is only in more war-torn and displaced regions.
    The poverty in Africa is based on the Western standards, and of course tribesmen who can sustain life on the continent will still be considered in poverty, as they are not making Western Money. The other guy was saying that the whole of Africa was a lost continent and I've not only visited 2 cities in South Africa, I've done humanitarian work in Kenya and Ethiopia, and the people in Africa don't find life so bad.





  10. #9
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by AWildPatriot View Post
    You're right. I've had the tourist and visitor point of view, and I thus do not know what It is like to live in Africa. The longest I've stayed is merely 1 and a half weeks, but saying all of Africa is suffering from disease and famine is not correct. It is only in more war-torn and displaced regions.
    The poverty in Africa is based on the Western standards, and of course tribesmen who can sustain life on the continent will still be considered in poverty, as they are not making Western Money. The other guy was saying that the whole of Africa was a lost continent and I've not only visited 2 cities in South Africa, I've done humanitarian work in Kenya and Ethiopia, and the people in Africa don't find life so bad.
    Humans adapt under any situation. It can be a total shithole and still be ok for the people.

    But the problem is that war, famine, and disease ARE by percentage of people, rampant in africa when comparing to the rest of the world.


  11. #10
    Canadian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    On my computer chair playing crossfire.
    Posts
    2,831
    Reputation
    18
    Thanks
    271
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    Humans adapt under any situation. It can be a total shithole and still be ok for the people.

    But the problem is that war, famine, and disease ARE by percentage of people, rampant in africa when comparing to the rest of the world.
    War is basically the main reason, war prevents people from getting medical attention and also prevents people from getting to proper food, so basically if you take out the war in that equation you can probably fix both the famine and help alot with the disease problems and poof, you have a livable environment.

  12. #11
    You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    scotbud123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    2,754
    Reputation
    86
    Thanks
    212
    My Mood
    Amused
    I don't think it's a lost cause, even if we have poured a lot of money into relief funds there and nothing has happened. That's not the people's fault, that's the ultra-corrupt stupid government's fault.

    Sadly though, most Americans and Canadians do not agree with me. A lot of people DO think it's a lost cause and we should just forget about it.








     





















  13. #12
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    I don't think it's a lost cause, even if we have poured a lot of money into relief funds there and nothing has happened. That's not the people's fault, that's the ultra-corrupt stupid government's fault.

    Sadly though, most Americans and Canadians do not agree with me. A lot of people DO think it's a lost cause and we should just forget about it.
    Everything is the corrupt governments fault and America's.

    Really? Just......just..........really? Is it not possible for you to stop blaming america and the government in every thread?


  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Empire For This Useful Post:

    nevs666 (06-28-2012)

  15. #13
    You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    scotbud123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    2,754
    Reputation
    86
    Thanks
    212
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    Everything is the corrupt governments fault and America's.

    Really? Just......just..........really? Is it not possible for you to stop blaming america and the government in every thread?
    It....is....the African government's fault.....

    The people in power in Africa are doing quite fine, they're doing more than fine actually. Why? Because they spend any sort of money they have on themselves instead of trying to help the place out. I didn't even mention America's corrupt as fuck government in this thread, you brought that one up. But they have a lot of things to be blamed for as well. If you're going to go ahead and try to tell me that these government's aren't corrupt you can save your bullshit.

    The American government doesn't give a fuck about you, just like the African government doesn't give a fuck about their people. The sooner you realize this the better.








     





















  16. #14
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    It....is....the African government's fault.....

    The people in power in Africa are doing quite fine, they're doing more than fine actually. Why? Because they spend any sort of money they have on themselves instead of trying to help the place out. I didn't even mention America's corrupt as fuck government in this thread, you brought that one up. But they have a lot of things to be blamed for as well. If you're going to go ahead and try to tell me that these government's aren't corrupt you can save your bullshit.

    The American government doesn't give a fuck about you, just like the African government doesn't give a fuck about their people. The sooner you realize this the better.
    *sigh* I didn't bring the American government up either dumbass.

    But simply blaming the government in any scenario and include america, doesn't really help with anything much less provide a realistic explanation.S orry to say, this discussion is not about either one.


    Much less your bullshit "you can't tell me that government is not corrupt" comment. You could say that about ANY government, doesn't fuckin matter. Not to mention this is the ENTIRE CONTINENT OF AFRICA. I know you don't know jack about their government, because thats 47 different countries. So stop talking out of your ass here. Focus on the topic or don't post. Spamming threads with "its the governments fault" is total bullshit anyway.


  17. #15
    You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    scotbud123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    2,754
    Reputation
    86
    Thanks
    212
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    *sigh* I didn't bring the American government up either dumbass.

    But simply blaming the government in any scenario and include america, doesn't really help with anything much less provide a realistic explanation.S orry to say, this discussion is not about either one.


    Much less your bullshit "you can't tell me that government is not corrupt" comment. You could say that about ANY government, doesn't fuckin matter. Not to mention this is the ENTIRE CONTINENT OF AFRICA. I know you don't know jack about their government, because thats 47 different countries. So stop talking out of your ass here. Focus on the topic or don't post. Spamming threads with "its the governments fault" is total bullshit anyway.
    Oh, you didn't? Oh, I must have just imagined this:

    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    Everything is the corrupt governments fault and America's.

    Really? Just......just..........really? Is it not possible for you to stop blaming america and the government in every thread?

    Anyways, I knew you would post something stupid like that. If you go back and READ my posts (properly this time, I know it's hard for you but bear with me) then you'll see that I never said "The African government" or anything like that, I know there's more than one government, but they all act the same way. Hence why the entire continent is in trouble and not just some of the countries.

    The situation in Africa is the government's fault, wholeheartedly. If you think otherwise you're terribly misinformed. Almost all "relief efforts" and money that have been sent to Africa have been intercepted by the governments there, that's why we've poured so much money into it and gotten almost no results. That's also why most people give up, honestly I don't blame them 100%. I don't think we should give up on them but pouring money into shit like that just to make the leaders even richer is plain dumb. I'd like to know though, in your warped and twisted mind where the hell does all this money we've poured into Africa go if the governments there are NOT intercepting it, hmm?








     





















Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 34
    Last Post: 11-13-2010, 08:36 AM
  2. Bleach vs Battlestar vs Lost
    By arunforce in forum General
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 09-25-2009, 12:58 PM
  3. New Map "Lost Shrine"
    By fallen in forum Gunz General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-20-2006, 09:33 AM
  4. I eat trees (lost thread)
    By Chronologix in forum Help & Requests
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-27-2006, 10:29 PM
  5. Lost
    By kvmn8 in forum Entertainment
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-25-2006, 07:56 PM