Poll: Who do you prefer between them?

Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    SatanisX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    347
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    14
    My Mood
    Stressed

    Post Heroes Vs Anti Heroes

    I prefer anti heroes than heroes. Yes you heard me. I do not like goodie goodie heroes too much (No offense to hero fans)
    Dont mistake me, i just do not like heroes as much as i like the anti heroes. (Please do not try to judge me or anything, I still love comics and manga)
    Tell me why i am right/wrong. May the debate begin!

  2. #2
    666HiddenMaster666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    14,463
    Reputation
    953
    Thanks
    1,854
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Anti-Hero
    They're usually used in a Distopian/Utopian setting, which was used to display how retarded humans are
    I usually pity the anti-heroes because they're the beacon of truth that gets ignored
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Troll nomination. Allah and Muhammad for 1400 years of bullshit.

  3. #3
    nevs666's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    515
    Reputation
    71
    Thanks
    35
    My Mood
    Happy
    Anti-hero, The Punisher. 'Nuff said.
    "If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest."

    -Benjamin Franklin
    ^One of our (our as in American no offence to non Americans) Founding Fathers and one of my personal heroes.

  4. #4
    iTzSeyeko™JR #1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    2,276
    Reputation
    27
    Thanks
    178
    I prefer neutral, to stay on the safe side .

  5. #5
    Mega Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    On Deck
    Posts
    1,509
    Reputation
    180
    Thanks
    197
    My Mood
    Angelic
    anti-hero, good guys are always good for the sake of being good, which is kind of dim-witted
    whereas, baddies always have a story or underlying purpose that changed them a certain way, they're much more realistic, developed, characters alltogether

  6. #6
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    :/ A protagonist who isn't a hero is more interesting to me.

    Anti hero is generally a term of someone who saves the day but doesn't have the characteristics of a "hero", such as lack of nobility, chivalry, courage, etc. etc. Hero's are defined as such for saving the day, even anti-hero's.

    I don't like watching some idiot save the day. Hero's are generally just unrealistic as all get out, while anti-hero's tend to be flawed majorly in one depressing aspect over another. There are some anti's that I like but rarely is the anti-hero not played out in such an obvious matter that it makes me bored.
    I much rather enjoy seeing the opposite. A good villain is worth 10 heroes.

    But I'll settle for series like Akumetsu, Berserk, watchmen, and such because its still fun to watch when its more realistic than some uninspiring hero(looking at you DC, Marvel, and shonen), beat the badguy with nothing other than genetics and hero-plot wins.


  7. #7
    666HiddenMaster666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    14,463
    Reputation
    953
    Thanks
    1,854
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    :/ A protagonist who isn't a hero is more interesting to me.

    Anti hero is generally a term of someone who saves the day but doesn't have the characteristics of a "hero", such as lack of nobility, chivalry, courage, etc. etc. Hero's are defined as such for saving the day, even anti-hero's.

    I don't like watching some idiot save the day. Hero's are generally just unrealistic as all get out, while anti-hero's tend to be flawed majorly in one depressing aspect over another. There are some anti's that I like but rarely is the anti-hero not played out in such an obvious matter that it makes me bored.
    I much rather enjoy seeing the opposite. A good villain is worth 10 heroes.

    But I'll settle for series like Akumetsu, Berserk, watchmen, and such because its still fun to watch when its more realistic than some uninspiring hero(looking at you DC, Marvel, and shonen), beat the badguy with nothing other than genetics and hero-plot wins.
    Joker worth 10 heroes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Troll nomination. Allah and Muhammad for 1400 years of bullshit.

  8. #8
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by 666HiddenMaster666 View Post


    Joker worth 10 heroes?
    Is that even a question? Of course.(especially dc heroes).

    Though to be fair he's worth the same amount as the batman because they play off each other so well.


  9. #9
    SatanisX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    347
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    14
    My Mood
    Stressed
    @[MPGH]Empire
    I loved Akumetsu and the other manga a lot. I finished Akumetsu already. Too bad it was a bit gory tho but eh whatever.
    I dunno what can class him (All the Shou are Anti/Hero/None?) I do respect your choice about the term of heroes/Anti , And i just got an actual definition. Before i thought it was just criminal that saves the day lol. Nonetheless, Joker is not worth 10 heroes, he is worth 20, long live The Joker.
    @Mega Man
    I like your answer :P
    @Rhyes

    really? Safe side? lol. This cracks me up, thinking about something learned in high school called the Safe Zone and Danger Zone Rofl.
    Still, in reality there is never a real Safe side. (Unless you have been pretty much sheltered)
    @nevs666

    Avenger can also be added to that
    @666HiddenMaster666

    I kinda pity of them also :/
    They are for me not only for distopia themes, for me, i just think they are can be also applied at modern/peaceful theme eg. Nobody believes kid1 for no reason

    I still can believe the only one that did posted were Anti Heroes, Criminal and Neutral. (Neutral, really xD)
    Waiting for Hero fans argument

  10. #10
    Hero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    MPGH.NET
    Posts
    33,712
    Reputation
    3117
    Thanks
    7,889
    Although my name is Hero, I am more on the side of an anti-hero. Let's say I find gold. A hero would share his gold, but I want all the gold.



    Donator since 09•16•2011
    Minion since 10•10•2011
    Minion+ since 01•06•2012
    Moderator since 08•08•2012
    Global Moderator since 10•06•2012
    Editor from 06•14•2011 • 2014


    [] [] [] [][]


  11. #11
    666HiddenMaster666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    14,463
    Reputation
    953
    Thanks
    1,854
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    Is that even a question? Of course.(especially dc heroes).
    Though to be fair he's worth the same amount as the batman because they play off each other so well.
    True that, plus I tend to side with Joker more often than Batman and people think I'm weird lol

    Quote Originally Posted by SatanisX View Post
    @666HiddenMaster666
    I kinda pity of them also :/
    They are for me not only for distopia themes, for me, i just think they are can be also applied at modern/peaceful theme eg. Nobody believes kid1 for no reason
    Sometimes, yea
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Troll nomination. Allah and Muhammad for 1400 years of bullshit.

  12. #12
    Mega Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    On Deck
    Posts
    1,509
    Reputation
    180
    Thanks
    197
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by SatanisX View Post
    @[MPGH]Empire
    I loved Akumetsu and the other manga a lot. I finished Akumetsu already. Too bad it was a bit gory tho but eh whatever.
    I dunno what can class him (All the Shou are Anti/Hero/None?) I do respect your choice about the term of heroes/Anti , And i just got an actual definition. Before i thought it was just criminal that saves the day lol. Nonetheless, Joker is not worth 10 heroes, he is worth 20, long live The Joker.
    @Mega Man
    I like your answer :P
    @Rhyes

    really? Safe side? lol. This cracks me up, thinking about something learned in high school called the Safe Zone and Danger Zone Rofl.
    Still, in reality there is never a real Safe side. (Unless you have been pretty much sheltered)
    @nevs666

    Avenger can also be added to that
    @666HiddenMaster666

    I kinda pity of them also :/
    They are for me not only for distopia themes, for me, i just think they are can be also applied at modern/peaceful theme eg. Nobody believes kid1 for no reason

    I still can believe the only one that did posted were Anti Heroes, Criminal and Neutral. (Neutral, really xD)
    Waiting for Hero fans argument
    Yeah, think about Doc-Oc from Spiderman 2.. Was he really all that bad??

  13. #13
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by SatanisX View Post
    @[MPGH]Empire
    I loved Akumetsu and the other manga a lot. I finished Akumetsu already. Too bad it was a bit gory tho but eh whatever.
    I dunno what can class him (All the Shou are Anti/Hero/None?) I do respect your choice about the term of heroes/Anti , And i just got an actual definition. Before i thought it was just criminal that saves the day lol. Nonetheless, Joker is not worth 10 heroes, he is worth 20, long live The Joker.
    I have a certain respect for akumetsu as a series because its fun to see a person actually forget the concept of "justice."(or some could argue he gave the closest to real justice there was). But in the end he admitted to just being a murderer.

    Hell, even batman is somewhat of a pussy sometimes. I mean he constantly turns people over to the authorities and then they get out and kill more people. There is very few people batman has actually just outright killed, but most of the people he turns in end up killing more. Especially the joker and the other supervillains.
    -----------------------------------------------------------

    Anti-heroes are fun to watch I'll admit. Its just annoying to see either "misunderstood" villains or cliche villains beat by a hero. Anti-hero's are usually better because the villain isn't shitty.


Similar Threads

  1. Anti Hero's Anime Render Pack [56k]
    By Anti Hero in forum Resources
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-30-2011, 02:35 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-17-2009, 03:24 AM
  3. Anti Recoil Battlefeil Heroes Hack
    By TheKamikazes in forum Battlefield Heroes Hacks
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-11-2009, 09:31 PM
  4. City of heroes
    By moai in forum General Game Hacking
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-02-2006, 10:20 PM

Tags for this Thread