Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

Well its better than smoking a cigarette, thats for sure. It would take that place too.
    Well yea, the ridiculous amount of crap they put into cigs...
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Troll nomination. Allah and Muhammad for 1400 years of bullshit.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by 666HiddenMaster666 View Post

Well yea, the ridiculous amount of crap they put into cigs...
    Of course its more of a mental-task risk, but on your body its infinitely better than cigs.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Very hard to answer. I'd have to say marijuana, because I find it more beneficial than alcohol. Then it would just be reverse, there would be home made stills instead of grow ops, and booze dealers instead of weed dealers. I would absolutely not live without consuming alcohol at all.
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."
    - Hunter S Thompson

Thanks

If it were to be legalized, would it be regulated like alcohol? (Eg: 21+, DUI, etc.)
    And would the THC damage a developing child's brain?
    Also, the school showed one of those drug free thingy today, and said that marijuana is addictive. Counterargument?
    Yes it would be regulated very similar to Alcohol. In Colorado and Washington, all of the same rules apply. You must be 21+ in age. You can get a Marijuana DUI (same penalties as Alcohol). As well you have another restriction to the amount of plants you can grow.

In all honesty, it is "possible". Now, the research studies I have read on the subject are all bias against Marijuana. They start off by telling you how evil Marijuana is and how terrible it is for peoples bodies in general, even though it really isn't. With a child's brain being in development, almost any foreign substance will have a negative impact on its growth. From what I know about the chemical aspects of THC and similar cannabinoids with interaction of the biological aspects of of a persons body, I would say the consensus would be that if the child is older than 15 years of age, and does not smoke more than once every few weeks, there will be no adverse side effects. THC and the cannabinoids affect your body by triggering the CB1 and CB2 receptors of the brain, without causing the body to increase the amount of endocannabinoids being used to interact with these receptors. Now, there are four types of cannabinoids. We have the ligands (which give you a natural body high EX: Runners high), the plant cannabinoids (THC and other cannabinoids in Marijuana), and endocannabinoids (naturally occurring cannabinoids in the mammalian body). With drugs like Heroin, Meth, MDMA, Coke, etc, the drugs force the body to dramatically increase serotonin levels that it naturally uses. After prolonged use, the body can no longer produce the amount of serotonin needed to feel "good". This causes dependency and addiction, as well burns out the receptors to serotonin in the long run (which causes chronic depression which eventually can become incurable). With an adults brain, our CB1 and CB2 receptors are at top capacity, and when the plant cannabinoids are introduced, it is merely substituting the endocannabinoids with foreign cannabinoids. In a child's brain, the same occurs, HOWEVER because the receptors are still developing, they can burn out from consistent and prolonged use.

As for addiction, that is another "reefer madness" conspiracy. Marijuana is not physically addictive. It CAN be mentally addictive depending on a persons personality and mental state, however because it does not cause the body to deplete its natural stores of endocannabinoids like MDMA does with your serotonin, it is impossible to create a PHYSICAL dependency.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lehsyrus For This Useful Post:

666HiddenMaster666 (12-14-2012),Doc (12-17-2012),Zithium (12-14-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    As for addiction, that is another "reefer madness" conspiracy. Marijuana is not physically addictive. It CAN be mentally addictive depending on a persons personality and mental state, however because it does not cause the body to deplete its natural stores of endocannabinoids like MDMA does with your serotonin, it is impossible to create a PHYSICAL dependency.
    And the addiction to other worse drugs would be caused by the dealers'/peers' introduction of those drugs to the consumer correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Troll nomination. Allah and Muhammad for 1400 years of bullshit.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

If it were to be legalized, would it be regulated like alcohol? (Eg: 21+, DUI, etc.)
    And would the THC damage a developing child's brain?
    Also, the school showed one of those drug free thingy today, and said that marijuana is addictive. Counterargument?
    With the whole "Children will get hold of it easier" argument, it's actually wrong..

85% of High school students admit they can easily get hold of weed already. The only difference is they will be buying their weed from a 'untrusted' source, the dealer may also sell an array of other drugs such as cocaine, crack or heroin.

If weed was legal, it would only be available to those who are above 18, or 21. And there would have to be strict rules on re-selling or giving them to kids.
    "Depending on the context, I may or may not enjoy getting stoned to death" - zιтнιυм

Ex WarRock Minion Force

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Zithium For This Useful Post:

666HiddenMaster666 (12-14-2012)

Thanks

And the addiction to other worse drugs would be caused by the dealers'/peers' introduction of those drugs to the consumer correct?
    It's all circumstantial. From my experience I have realized that when people buy from their dealer, they only buy what they are looking for unless something else is readily available. When you have someone who is buying Marijuana from their dealer, and their dealer has Cocaine and says "This is even better than Pot", it interests them. Usually the dealer will give them a free "sample", and that is how people tend to starting getting involved with other drugs.

Also on that note, it depends on the people you hang out with. If you hang out with stoners you will smoke, if they also do other drugs you will end up doing those other drugs as well. It's all about impressing ones peers with these substances.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    why is it always one or the other with you people
    Respect List
    Dave84311
    GAYape

AVGN
    Jabuuty671
    Arch Enemy
    Sketchy
    .::SCHiM::.
    Liz
    Dreamer
    Houston
    R3dLine

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadmau5™ View Post
    why is it always one or the other with you people
    Easy, we prefer a substance that is less damaging to the human body than what is currently legal.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

Easy, we prefer a substance that is less damaging to the human body than what is currently legal.
    I meant you could just not have either, although some of my friends will partake in both i always turn down the offer when it is made
    Last edited by ainslie; 12-14-2012 at 07:07 PM.
    Respect List
    Dave84311
    GAYape

AVGN
    Jabuuty671
    Arch Enemy
    Sketchy
    Liz
    Dreamer
    Houston
    R3dLine

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadmau5™ View Post

I meant you could just not have either, although some of my friends will partake in both i always turn down the offer when it is made
    Many people smoke for different reasons. I started because it was the only feasible option to help my own ailments without being prescribed Oxycodone or Morphine, both of which are highly addictive and cause severe long-term side effects. Others do it for religious reasons, and many do it for recreational purposes. If you haven't tried it, you can't honestly have a negative opinion on it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

Many people smoke for different reasons. I started because it was the only feasible option to help my own ailments without being prescribed Oxycodone or Morphine, both of which are highly addictive and cause severe long-term side effects. Others do it for religious reasons, and many do it for recreational purposes. If you haven't tried it, you can't honestly have a negative opinion on it.
    I wouldn't say I have a negative opinion of it, I'm neutral as far as I can tell. Just because I don't smoke myself doesn't mean I think it's a terrible thing and no one should do it. A lot of the people I know live complicated, depressive or plain fucked up lives and I completely understand and emphasizes with their motives for doing what they do. The way I see it, is everyone is entitled to their own choices: If someone wants to do weed then they can do it I won't hold it against them for the sake of it. I can respect that it is their decision.
    Respect List
    Dave84311
    GAYape

AVGN
    Jabuuty671
    Arch Enemy
    Sketchy
    Liz
    Dreamer
    Houston
    R3dLine

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    According to Scientists, humans altering or being curious of altering their mindsets with chemicals is a part of our beings. There's curiosity, and it's not "abnormal" to do so.

People seem to think drugs haven't been around forever, they have been around for thousands of years in one way or another. It is human life. I understand that some people are against, or do not need that chemical to live happy, now good for you.

But for those who want to explore the world from a different perspective, what many people currently use Alcohol for, and they make the responsible decision to do their research, and use a better alternative. Then I don't understand where the big deal lies... It's not up for debate really, the facts speak for themselves.

+ For the terms above 'drugs' includes Alcohol, ofcourse.
    Last edited by Zithium; 12-14-2012 at 07:49 PM.
    "Depending on the context, I may or may not enjoy getting stoned to death" - zιтнιυм

Ex WarRock Minion Force

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Weed beats alchohol in every area except for public opinion, which is mostly thanks to other drugs or substances.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Empire For This Useful Post:

Zithium (12-16-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    I have yet seen anyone mention the economical effects each have. For instance, Alcohol is a huge part of the economy. Think of the effects it would have on our country to make alcohol illegal. How about the imports and exports view on it? I can't comment on weed, tho, because i know nothing about it. However from my own bias opinion, weed is a big industry and for that reason, if legalized, would majorly help the economy. Somebody else take it from here. Thoughts?
    Join MPGH []
    Learn Programming []
    Learn Reverse Engineering []
    Make a hack []
    Buy Vip []
    Level from a choob []
    Hack a game []
    Get 10 kills []
    Get 20 kills []
    Get 30 kills []
    Get 40 Kills []
    Get 50 kills []