Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 73
  1. #31
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeybook View Post
    I have yet seen anyone mention the economical effects each have. For instance, Alcohol is a huge part of the economy. Think of the effects it would have on our country to make alcohol illegal. How about the imports and exports view on it? I can't comment on weed, tho, because i know nothing about it. However from my own bias opinion, weed is a big industry and for that reason, if legalized, would majorly help the economy. Somebody else take it from here. Thoughts?
    Well the problem is that alcohol really does take its toll on the economy as well. Accidents, killings, any number of vandalism/fights/small crimes while drunk. Not to mention the poor decisions made while on such.

    I'd argue alcohol is about 50/50 on profit versus loss.


  2. #32
    Hux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Candy Kingdom
    Posts
    6,834
    Reputation
    588
    Thanks
    779
    My Mood
    Brooding
    vote for both, just alcohol first.

  3. #33
    You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    scotbud123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    2,754
    Reputation
    86
    Thanks
    212
    My Mood
    Amused
    Basically already been said already, but I would have to chose weed. My only 2 reasons are:

    A. It's a lot "safer" than alcohol. Gets you that "high" while killing less than half the brain cells than alcohol. (Plus there's a lot of other side effects to alcohol that you get to miss out on as well).

    and

    B. Hemp can be used for a lot of other great things too.

    But honestly, I see no reason why they both shouldn't be legalized, it should be the people's choice to do as they please IMO. (As long as they don't harm anyone else is the process of course).
    Last edited by scotbud123; 12-17-2012 at 03:03 AM.








     





















  4. #34
    666HiddenMaster666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    14,463
    Reputation
    953
    Thanks
    1,854
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    B. Hemp can be used for a lot of other great things too.
    Big corps don't care about national economy only profits
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Troll nomination. Allah and Muhammad for 1400 years of bullshit.

  5. #35
    DawgiiStylz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Dawg House
    Posts
    7,817
    Reputation
    219
    Thanks
    2,782
    My Mood
    Tired
    Weed is more beneficial than alcohol. Both are fun though

  6. #36
    You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    scotbud123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    2,754
    Reputation
    86
    Thanks
    212
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by 666HiddenMaster666 View Post
    Big corps don't care about national economy only profits
    I know. That's why it's still illegal in most places.

    The only reason it was illegal in the first place is because Harry J. Anslinger ran an anti-hemp campaign, because he knew that hemp was much easier to grow and much safer to grow, and that it could be used for many things that would run a lot of the companies he owned out of business.

    Like I said in my first post, I think they should both be legal, it should be the person's choice if they want to smoke/drink or not. (And this is coming from someone who doesn't enjoy doing either).








     





















  7. #37
    monkeybook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    U.S.A
    Posts
    107
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    4
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    Well the problem is that alcohol really does take its toll on the economy as well. Accidents, killings, any number of vandalism/fights/small crimes while drunk. Not to mention the poor decisions made while on such.

    I'd argue alcohol is about 50/50 on profit versus loss.
    But does the economy not grow from the spent money on crime and such? For instance when something is vandalized, money has to paid to get it fixed and therefore adding to the economy. Correct if i'm wrong. Just FYI, i'm not condoning crime by saying that.
    Join MPGH []
    Learn Programming []
    Learn Reverse Engineering []
    Make a hack []
    Buy Vip []
    Level from a choob []
    Hack a game []
    Get 10 kills []
    Get 20 kills []
    Get 30 kills []
    Get 40 Kills []
    Get 50 kills []
    Get 100 kills [] so close
    Make someone care []
    Get an IQ over 10 []
    Finish this list []

  8. #38
    ☬Ξη†τσρîζ Ζσ♍βîε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Lehsyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,899
    Reputation
    1281
    Thanks
    3,064
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeybook View Post
    But does the economy not grow from the spent money on crime and such? For instance when something is vandalized, money has to paid to get it fixed and therefore adding to the economy. Correct if i'm wrong. Just FYI, i'm not condoning crime by saying that.
    Investigation costs, reparation costs, court fees if the person is found, COL fees if the person is put in jail or a holding cell, all come from the taxpayers (excluding court fees depending on the situation, if a person refuses to pay them, then we the taxpayer are paying that persons court fee AND his COL fee).
    @scotbud123 Marijuana wasn't made illegal solely on that campaign. There was an entire campaign in the south that was trying to make it illegal for racial reasons, the Mexicans who were coming over illegally were bringing their crop with them and smoking it in the border towns and near such. People didn't like the Mexicans so they associated their racism with the Ganja they were smoking and ran a campaign against it.

  9. #39
    You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    scotbud123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    2,754
    Reputation
    86
    Thanks
    212
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    @scotbud123 Marijuana wasn't made illegal solely on that campaign. There was an entire campaign in the south that was trying to make it illegal for racial reasons, the Mexicans who were coming over illegally were bringing their crop with them and smoking it in the border towns and near such. People didn't like the Mexicans so they associated their racism with the Ganja they were smoking and ran a campaign against it.
    Hmm, guess it wasn't the ONLY then. xD

    They're all bullshit reasons though. :S








     





















  10. #40
    Obey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Magical Mushroom
    Posts
    24,733
    Reputation
    878
    Thanks
    3,450
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Marijuana obviously. That's not even a question. although, I do love my alcohol. So I'd be lost if that were illegal too. There are some things that weed... just can't do, and being a pot head, I would know these things.

    Don't tell me "Oh Danny, you're crazy weed gives you everything blah blah blah". Because that's not true lol. But of course, weed would become legal before that, if that were the case.

    In all honesty, the Government is trying to kill us off. Keep something legal, that can cause accidents, all this bs, along with cigs. Everything bad for ya is pretty much legal, while a simple herb is illegal. Pretty mind fucked.

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Obey For This Useful Post:

    [MPGH]Lehsyrus (12-17-2012),medicated- (12-22-2012)

  12. #41
    DawgiiStylz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Dawg House
    Posts
    7,817
    Reputation
    219
    Thanks
    2,782
    My Mood
    Tired
    I don't understand the reasons to make something illegal that people can consume. Its like the government not wanting you to drink kool-aid no more.

  13. #42
    Cross-fire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    130
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    17
    My Mood
    Fine
    Both although i do smoke more then i drink just because stuff gets out of hands some times when i forget my limits but by that time im to fucked up to even know i have a limit
    Last edited by Cross-fire; 12-19-2012 at 08:18 PM.

  14. #43
    Better MPGH Event Organizer Than Arun Since '12
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Color's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    California
    Posts
    19,638
    Reputation
    2154
    Thanks
    7,649
    I would say weed.

    Member Since 8/05/2012
    Editor 4/04/13 - 4/21/13
    Middleman 7/14/13 - 11/4/13

    Battlefield Minion 6/13/14-3/20/15
    Steam Minion 7/16/14-3/20/15

    Minion+ 10/1/14-3/20/15
    M.A.T. Minion 10/19/14-3/20/15
    ROTMG Minion 1/14/15-3/20/15

    Donator Since 2/26/15 (Thanks @Cursed!)
    Steam Minion 5/9/15 - 11/5/15
    OSFPS Minion 9/15/15 - 11/5/15


  15. #44
    medicated-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    48
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    4
    Weed, it's never caused a single death, where as alcohol causes multiple hundred deaths a day, alcohol is a leading cause in physical abuse, where as weed is a leading narcotic used by a lot of peace or "hippie" representatives, weed has no physical way to overdose except 1500 pounds in a 15 minute time period, which is pretty near impossible, where as alcohol, can harm not only the consumers life, but anyone in their way.

  16. #45
    Cross-fire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    130
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    17
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by medicated- View Post
    Weed, it's never caused a single death, where as alcohol causes multiple hundred deaths a day, alcohol is a leading cause in physical abuse, where as weed is a leading narcotic used by a lot of peace or "hippie" representatives, weed has no physical way to overdose except 1500 pounds in a 15 minute time period, which is pretty near impossible, where as alcohol, can harm not only the consumers life, but anyone in their way.
    actually the lethal dose of marijuana is at least one-third your body weight two-thirds because most of it is lost in the side stream still impossible though unless some one locked you in a chamber and commenced to exhaust the weed smoke in there even after you passed out

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Post your weed!
    By Seem in forum General
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 05-16-2008, 11:52 PM
  2. selling weed
    By Gourav2122 in forum General
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-28-2008, 05:54 PM
  3. I love xanex nd weed
    By tednugent in forum General
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 03-07-2008, 12:13 AM
  4. WeEd
    By NeedHacksBad in forum United States of America
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 10-28-2007, 01:31 PM
  5. Weed
    By poulet28 in forum General
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 01-15-2007, 11:22 PM