I like your Copy/Paste Skills ..We thank Allah in order to show that we are humans because the rule “man is the slave of goodness made for him” is an explanation of a disposition law that emanates from humans’ sociological and psychological life.
We thank because thanking is the price of the benefactions which are demanded by Almighty Creator, who is also the sole owner those benefactions. The feeling of thanking which is present in our nature shows that the Creator wants it from us.
- We thank because we know the value of the benefactions that are given to us; so we become a symbol which is free from ungratefulness, insensitiveness and naughtiness.
- We thank because our contentment and thankfulness is an indicator for our Lord’s divinity, management, training and ruling.
Thanking is carried out in order to join the glorification (that is, declaring that Allah is a perfect Lord) of all of the beings in the universe to show that they owe a debt of gratitude to Allah.
Thanking is carried out in order to express one’s satisfaction toward the All-Compassionate Lord with the consciousness of belief and to join the feast of gratitude held by all living and non-living beings and to prove that man does not fall behind and as a debt of being a slave of Allah.
- Thanking is benefiting from the benefactions properly, not revolting against Allah (SWT), not forgetting the sole owner of these benefactions while using them and thanking for goodness.
- Thanking is giving honor to Allah in return for the benefactions and grants given by Him.
- Thanking is confessing and acknowledging the benefactions given by Allah (SWT) verbally and by heart. Benefaction is all what Almighty Allah gives to His slaves and of which they get pleasure and benefit from. Thanking for those benefactions is confessing the sovereignty of Allah, Ar-Razzaq (the Sustainer). Not heeding them is also considered an ungratefulness of benefaction.
- Thanking is man’s realization of benefactions that are given to him by Allah (SWT) and his serving in return for these benefactions. If a man knows that he does not deserve the bounties but they are *given to him, then this is called thanking.
- Thanking means doing a favor in return for a favor.
- Thanking is a duty that man should perform for Allah because, Almighty Allah created man and gave him innumerable benefactions. He let him free select between ways of which one is gratitude and the other is ungratefulness. If man selects the way of gratitude and use the benefactions given to him in a way that Allah will be consent, He will respond man and increase His blessings.
It is possible to understand them from these verses; “Then do ye remember Me; I will remember you. Be grateful to Me and reject not faith.” (al-Baqara, 2/152), “It is He Who hath created for you all things that are on earth” (alBaqara, 2/29), “If ye are grateful, I will add more (favours) unto you; but if ye show ingratitude, truly My punishment is terrible indeed." (Ibrahim, 14/7
Upon listening to the orders given by the Qur’an such as Worship for Allah who created you and your ancestors.” “Perform Salah”. “Continue fasting during the month of Ramadan.”, man who feels and realizes his duty of thanking Allah in such a way, finds peace due to finding what he seeks.