Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 29 of 29
  1. #16
    666HiddenMaster666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    14,463
    Reputation
    953
    Thanks
    1,854
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    I don't know if anyone has noticed but I have severely decreased my activity in this section for the same purpose as @noob555 is suggesting. I have no qualms about religion but I do not like cults nor idiotic behavior from those who refuse to use common intelligence for the sake of a true debate. Because of this reason, I am no longer participating in any unorganized nor frivolous religious debate. Let us move on to other areas of debate, politics, economics, and science being ones we can all gain knowledge without resorting to pointless quarreling with uneducated children. Our energies are being wasted.
    Same here, and I was concerned that I'm not participating in DF as much as I used to anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Troll nomination. Allah and Muhammad for 1400 years of bullshit.

  2. #17
    ☬Ξη†τσρîζ Ζσ♍βîε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Lehsyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,899
    Reputation
    1281
    Thanks
    3,064
    Quote Originally Posted by 666HiddenMaster666 View Post


    Same here, and I was concerned that I'm not participating in DF as much as I used to anymore
    I have only made about five posts within the last four days in the Debate Fort. I feel as though my IQ drops one point each time I read some of the drone's posts, and as such do not feel the need to give them any more attention.

  3. #18
    666HiddenMaster666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    14,463
    Reputation
    953
    Thanks
    1,854
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    I have only made about five posts within the last four days in the Debate Fort. I feel as though my IQ drops one point each time I read some of the drone's posts, and as such do not feel the need to give them any more attention.
    You should post Cthulhu stuff while I post FSM stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Troll nomination. Allah and Muhammad for 1400 years of bullshit.

  4. #19
    noob555's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    o.O
    Posts
    8,235
    Reputation
    511
    Thanks
    1,229
    Quote Originally Posted by Aborted View Post

    So you're suggesting that those of us who actually possess a few neurons cease debating in this section? Most of those who argue on the side of religion lack the mental capability to challenge their own ideologies, so we should "be the bigger man" and stop replying?
    You're not getting the point. I'm telling you to stop fucking yourself in the ass. Good will on my part.

  5. #20
    Aborted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Shitpost Defense
    Posts
    17,471
    Reputation
    3076
    Thanks
    6,394
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by noob555 View Post
    You're not getting the point. I'm telling you to stop fucking yourself in the ass. Good will on my part.
    ​I fully understand your point. You suggest we stop mentally masturbating to useless debates that will accomplish nothing.
    When the earth is changed into a humid dungeon,
    In which Hope like a bat
    Goes beating the walls with her timid wings
    And knocking her head against the rotten ceiling;
    When the rain stretching out its endless train
    Imitates the bars of a vast prison
    And a silent horde of loathsome spiders
    Comes to spin their webs in the depths of our brains,
    All at once the bells leap with rage
    And hurl a frightful roar at heaven,
    Even as wandering spirits with no country
    Burst into a stubborn, whimpering cry.
    — And without drums or music, long hearses
    Pass by slowly in my soul; Hope, vanquished,
    Weeps, and atrocious, despotic Anguish
    On my bowed skull plants her black flag.

  6. #21
    noob555's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    o.O
    Posts
    8,235
    Reputation
    511
    Thanks
    1,229
    Quote Originally Posted by Aborted View Post

    ​I fully understand your point. You suggest we stop mentally masturbating to useless debates that will accomplish nothing.
    It's hypocritical. You're telling an addict to lose an addiction when you are feeding your own.

  7. #22
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    :/

    I have the same conversations with people day in and day out. I enjoy them for the most part. Unfortunately, I don't consider the same debates or the same general convo's to be porn.

    I try to explain viewpoints most of the time, because I generally see myself as getting both sides views, but yeah the "anti-religion" erection fest is a bit disapointing because it does at times get really pathetic.


  8. #23
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,518
    Reputation
    1850
    Thanks
    3,160
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    I don't know if anyone has noticed but I have severely decreased my activity in this section for the same purpose as @noob555 is suggesting. I have no qualms about religion but I do not like cults nor idiotic behavior from those who refuse to use common intelligence for the sake of a true debate. Because of this reason, I am no longer participating in any unorganized nor frivolous religious debate. Let us move on to other areas of debate, politics, economics, and science being ones we can all gain knowledge without resorting to pointless quarreling with uneducated children. Our energies are being wasted.
    I will never stop harassing the sand niggers.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ethereal For This Useful Post:

    [MPGH]Lehsyrus (05-27-2013)

  10. #24
    noob555's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    o.O
    Posts
    8,235
    Reputation
    511
    Thanks
    1,229
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    :/

    I have the same conversations with people day in and day out. I enjoy them for the most part. Unfortunately, I don't consider the same debates or the same general convo's to be porn.

    I try to explain viewpoints most of the time, because I generally see myself as getting both sides views, but yeah the "anti-religion" erection fest is a bit disapointing because it does at times get really pathetic.
    Sounds pornographic to me.

  11. #25
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,518
    Reputation
    1850
    Thanks
    3,160
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by noob555 View Post
    Sounds pornographic to me.
    Who gives a shit, really?

    I know of two Muslims that used to frequent this section that gave up Islam all together.
    Now I'm not saying that it was any us that are attributed to that liberation,
    but I'm also not saying it wasn't either. Maybe all of those seemingly redundant conversations woke some bitches up.

  12. #26
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by noob555 View Post
    Sounds pornographic to me.
    I'm preeeeeeetty sure you don't know what pornographic means.

    Enjoying life is not porn lol.


  13. #27
    noob555's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    o.O
    Posts
    8,235
    Reputation
    511
    Thanks
    1,229
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    I'm preeeeeeetty sure you don't know what pornographic means.

    Enjoying life is not porn lol.
    So you're enjoying life by shitting on people's beliefs. You either have a personality disorder or you're getting a kick out of it. Assuming you don't have a personality disorder I'm going to assume you're getting a kick out of it. Tl;DR porn

    ---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post


    Who gives a shit, really?

    I know of two Muslims that used to frequent this section that gave up Islam all together.
    Now I'm not saying that it was any us that are attributed to that liberation,
    but I'm also not saying it wasn't either. Maybe all of those seemingly redundant conversations woke some bitches up.
    Religion is like when you know somethings right but can't explain it. Their opinions only change when something traumatic/something they can connect with deeply happens.

  14. #28
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,518
    Reputation
    1850
    Thanks
    3,160
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by noob555 View Post
    So you're enjoying life by shitting on people's beliefs. You either have a personality disorder or you're getting a kick out of it. Assuming you don't have a personality disorder I'm going to assume you're getting a kick out of it. Tl;DR porn

    ---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------



    Religion is like when you know somethings right but can't explain it. Their opinions only change when something traumatic/something they can connect with deeply happens.
    Well I was a Christian when I joined this section and I wouldn't say anything traumatic happened,
    simply debating the subject and reflecting on some of the points being discussed was definitely a huge push to want to be done with it.

  15. #29
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    [COLOR="Black"]
    Quote Originally Posted by noob555 View Post
    So you're enjoying life by shitting on people's beliefs. You either have a personality disorder or you're getting a kick out of it. Assuming you don't have a personality disorder I'm going to assume you're getting a kick out of it. Tl;DR porn



    :/ I enjoy life by any means, and as far as "shitting on people's beliefs", I'd say either way someone is going to get offended. If you talk about a belief, whoever not holding that belief will be "shit on", but as far as this going to into the realm of "porn" or at least that addiction, its not really in that realm for the most part. I find history and the logic to be a little known fact when it comes to religion. The history of said incident, the undeniable facts.

    Not this "god doesn't exist herp derp all you religious fucks are stupid" sausage fest though, that is indeed stupid.

    I hardly give a shit what people believe IRL or here. I'm not exactly an outspoken person on beliefs(mainly because everyone seems to have all this shit bottled up inside), but i'll listen.
    -----------------------


Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. i love this section
    By scimmyboy in forum Flaming & Rage
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 05-05-2008, 09:35 PM
  2. Do you like this section?
    By Jeckels in forum Flaming & Rage
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-22-2007, 11:05 PM
  3. Any Moderators For This Section?
    By Cataldo in forum WarRock Korea Hacks
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 05-24-2007, 09:27 AM