Thanks
    My Mood
    Hot

Old games continue to be remade

Here's a controversial topic, people say "no the new CoD is different from the last 30 CoD's..". When the fact of the matter is, no it fucking isn't.
    Let's get something else straight, I'm not talking about all video game series here. I'm talking about certain games dominating the market with the same old shit for years and years, and making it difficult for new video games to shine their way into the spotlight.
    Games like:
    Call of Duty
    Grand Theft Auto
    - (generic revamp goes here)

Now I respect all of these games, and I will say they are all good fun games that I, myself, at one time or another enjoyed. However when these exact games have been around for longer than 10 years, I no longer want to play them. Simply put, they're fucking old.
    The next issue is the market domination. Let's take GTA V (a 16 year old series) for example, this game revenues $800 million in the first day of sales. Now for the developers and investors this is great, hell it may even be great for some of the consumers, but it isn't great for innovation, ingenuity, creativeness, etc. in the video game industry. They are showing that you don't need to make new exciting games to make money, you want old simple concepts that have been around for the past 16 years.
    I've played GTA V for about 5 minutes, and that's all the time I needed to be able to tell that this game feels like I'm playing San Andreas, fused with a little bit of Saints Row.
    I've played Black Ops 2 for around the same amount of time, and that's all it took for me to say fuck this game, it's CoD 4 all over again.
    I think the same with BF3 and BF4, but I have to say BFBC2 was one of my favorite games of all times. It was actually very different.
    I played a lot of BF3 but I felt like it was Bad Company with a really bad glare effect added in and jets. (Notice something here GTA V fanboys? *jets*) inb4 CoD features jets in the next release
    Last edited by k0mrade; 09-18-2013 at 07:01 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    I call this phenomenon, "The Call of Duty Effect".
    Why the general public still revels in spending money on re-hashes of the same content remains an enigma.
    When the earth is changed into a humid dungeon,
    In which Hope like a bat
    Goes beating the walls with her timid wings
    And knocking her head against the rotten ceiling;
    When the rain stretching out its endless train
    Imitates the bars of a vast prison
    And a silent horde of loathsome spiders
    Comes to spin their webs in the depths of our brains,
    All at once the bells leap with rage
    And hurl a frightful roar at heaven,
    Even as wandering spirits with no country
    Burst into a stubborn, whimpering cry.
    — And without drums or music, long hearses
    Pass by slowly in my soul; Hope, vanquished,
    Weeps, and atrocious, despotic Anguish
    On my bowed skull plants her black flag.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    You know, I don't really mind the CoD / GTA:V coming out every other year. They don't "dominate the market" any more than the avengers "dominated the market". Yeah, they sell more copies. Cool, doesn't mean that the other games won't be profitable, won't do well, or won't be made.
    -usually the only games that worry about this are the ones that are either horrible to play but look cool, or the ones that are gems and aren't going to get played anyway thanks to lack of advertisement.

What I do mind, is the stupidity of publishers/developers/thegameindustry.

1. Publishers:
    -publishers just want knock-offs of popular games because they see it as "profitable"
    -They also continue series but don't actually do it right. They take off a director, put another dev. company, all this bullshit.

2. Developers.
    -Same problem, except half a dozen knockoffs/continuations are just fucking awful because they either get lazy, they get stupid, or they just don't know why people like their game.

3. The game industry.

It sucks. EVERYTHING about the industry sucks. From the reviewers sucking the cock of every major release, to the extreme bias in coverage/reviews, to the (pathetic) hatred for games that are just part of a specific genre.

Then the industry goes one step further and brings political issues in there. Sexism, violence, all this bullshit in a game that has a rating/restriction/ and plenty of previews by everyone beforehand.

I fucking hate the game industry. Everyone in it is always so fucking stupid.
    Last edited by Empire; 09-19-2013 at 03:37 AM.

Thanks
    It seems like they tried remaking chaos theory with blacklist. Espicially the multiplayer. But making the cod engine had to have taken lots of bilzls, so they are going to use it to the maxmlz till everyone gets all shitzle dikz.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    The reason people buy CoD is simple.

1. A yearly release is enough for them to get tired and want the next one.
    2. Xbox over PC.

Easier to get an xbox, get a game, and play it than it is to buy lets say..battlefield. EVEN IF another game offers more, its still easier to do and cheaper.

3. Player support: playing with friends is easier through matchmaking in CoD.

:/ But one game making "more" doesn't really mean anything, people have enough to buy 3 or 4 other games if they want to.