Thread: Anime

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 42
  1. #16
    Rance-Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Ice
    Posts
    6,339
    Reputation
    653
    Thanks
    7,507
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Johnson View Post
    Not everyone likes watching cartoons and animated females with huge titts you feel me?
    That was a bit biased but I get your point.

  2. #17
    You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    scotbud123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    2,754
    Reputation
    86
    Thanks
    212
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Johnson View Post
    Not everyone likes watching cartoons and animated females with huge titts you feel me?
    This is exactly my point. xD

    Ah, well, you can believe what you like.








     





















  3. #18
    xXwhitepandaXx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Bamboo
    Posts
    725
    Reputation
    66
    Thanks
    52
    My Mood
    Innocent
    Each and every anime tells us a story, to teach us, to show us, for us to learn about the past, the present and the possible future. Every anime is unique and full of wonders and surprises. Some people may like a certain one, and others may not, some may say that the future isn't going to be link this, but it is possible. I believe that anime will tell us that if we take the world for granted, it may turn into things out of our control. Our universe is unreachable so its undiscoverable, Our planet earth hasn't even been fully explored yet. Anime is what brings us the many possibilities that our world, that the universe and process. This is just my opinion :P

  4. #19
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Johnson View Post

    Not everyone likes watching cartoons and animated females with huge titts you feel me?
    I don't particularly like Country Music, however i don't HATE it because of that.

    The difference is because yes, a lot of the population hates anime for the reason of well...misunderstanding what anime entails.

    Not every anime is a child show with huge titted females.


  5. #20
    Xenobing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Ricky
    Posts
    331
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    122
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    To answer this question there are a multitude of factors to consider; firstly is the fact that anime is (mainly) Japanese. I am not saying that people are racist but on a social level, the idea of watching something that is not from your region can be considered to be awkward; which creates a stereotype that anime is something that shouldn't be openly discussed in public (private views may, of course, differ). This factor also varies depending on where you live, for example discussing it in Japan itself would be considered fully 'normal' whereas it may be more of a 'weird' subject in foreign countries. Again, not saying that people are just racist and dislike anime for its Japanese origins, but more because of the stereotype that it is an unusual hobby and would prefer not to talk about it in the 'open'. these don't fit all cases, but a fair majority of them.

    On the topic of stereotypes, the concept of watching anime could be considered to be 'anti-social', again, from a social perspective. It usually entails a male/female sitting hunchbacked in their rooms staring into a screen for hours on end watching anime. Although, this is most definitely not true (unless you are a true hikikomori) it is true that watching anime is quite time-consuming and therefore that has stirred up beliefs that it will almost suck your social life away, so to speak. I also can't say that it helps that the point of anime is that it is animated; as that could be seen as being more of an 'immature' genre to dig your teeth into.

    Lastly, (don't want to drag this out too long) I believe is internet culture. The onslaught of forums and SNSs etc. have led to certain cultures, previously largely untouched, to become more of a 'big' topic and so there has been a considerable rise to attention to it, as well as with the stereotypes (as explained above) influencing a large amount of unfamiliar people to view it in a more negative light.
    I've probably thought too deeply about this (and explained the obvious) but I hope that this helps to answer the question. Although it is simply an expanded version of what Empire said a while ago.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Xenobing For This Useful Post:

    rekka911 (12-15-2013)

  7. #21
    Xenobing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Ricky
    Posts
    331
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    122
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Johnson View Post


    nononon like i said before.

    It's not about the ideas or topics it's talking about, it's the way it's presented.

    Let me put it this way, if there's two songs about friendship.

    One rap and one metal.

    If you're a rap person, you wouldn't listen to the metal one.

    Not because you're not into the topic, just the way it's presented.
    Sorry martin but I'll have to intervene here, the question asked was 'why is there hate for the medium?' (that being anime) and, as much as I like your music analogy, your post doesn't answer his question. let me explain, say I liked rap music (which in fact I do :P) that doesn't stop me from listening to heavy metal or even screamo and then complimenting it. Fact is, just because you like one thing, it doesn't mean that you dislike, or 'hate' the other (which is what the question is asking about). If I like Breaking Bad, should I hate SAO? No, I like both the characters of Mr. White and Kirito respectively.
    Therefore, your post doesn't necessarily explain why people hate anime, it just explores the fact the possibility of people disliking it.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Xenobing For This Useful Post:

    Ferris Bueller (12-11-2013)

  9. #22
    Ferris Bueller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    KFC
    Posts
    6,706
    Reputation
    409
    Thanks
    846
    My Mood
    Hot
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenobing View Post
    Sorry martin but I'll have to intervene here, the question asked was 'why is there hate for the medium?' (that being anime) and, as much as I like your music analogy, your post doesn't answer his question. let me explain, say I liked rap music (which in fact I do :P) that doesn't stop me from listening to heavy metal or even screamo and then complimenting it. Fact is, just because you like one thing, it doesn't mean that you dislike, or 'hate' the other (which is what the question is asking about). If I like Breaking Bad, should I hate SAO? No, I like both the characters of Mr. White and Kirito respectively.
    Therefore, your post doesn't necessarily explain why people hate anime, it just explores the fact the possibility of people disliking it.
    Alright, I'll admit you dissed me. Good shit, i tip my hat to you.

    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    This is exactly my point. xD

    Ah, well, you can believe what you like.

    Ok I'm sorry @Empire @Xenobing @scotbud123 @AqworldThunder

    The real reason why some people don't like anime(including my self) is because of everyone's hidden pride.

    I don't know how to explain this so I'll do the best I can.

    Let's all admit that anime is associated with kids for the simple fact that, anime and cartoons are 90% of what kids watch. So, like everything else, when you associate a certain idea with another they are tied together. It's how the human brain works.

    Another thing anime is associated with is nerds/nolifes/antisocials/pervs(no offense to all you guys, i don't believe that anime watchers are that but it's the sad truth).

    So with all that being said, when you have anime being associated with these things everyone and their mother will stay away from anime.

    I'll admit I'm not an anime watcher and the only reason I kind of shun the idea of watching anime is "man this is childish". I know it's wrong but like I said before, it's how society deemed it.

    So here's your answer why.

    Society's a bitch.

    "“Religions are, by definition, metaphors, after all: God is a dream, a hope, a woman, an ironist, a father, a city, a house of many rooms, a watchmaker who left his prize chronometer in the desert, someone who loves you—even, perhaps, against all evidence, a celestial being whose only interest is to make sure your football team, army, business, or marriage thrives, prospers, and triumphs over all opposition. Religions are places to stand and look and act, vantage points from which to view the world. So none of this is happening. Such things could not occur. Never a word of it is literally true.” .”
    I was Martin Johnson

  10. #23
    Aborted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Shitpost Defense
    Posts
    17,471
    Reputation
    3076
    Thanks
    6,394
    My Mood
    Twisted
    ​One of the main things that keeps me away from anime is the fans, even the moderates such as yourselves. I just don't see why you have to incoprorate it into everything you do. Anime avatar, anime sigs, anime quotes, anime .gifs, etc etc. It just confuses/subtly annoys me.
    When the earth is changed into a humid dungeon,
    In which Hope like a bat
    Goes beating the walls with her timid wings
    And knocking her head against the rotten ceiling;
    When the rain stretching out its endless train
    Imitates the bars of a vast prison
    And a silent horde of loathsome spiders
    Comes to spin their webs in the depths of our brains,
    All at once the bells leap with rage
    And hurl a frightful roar at heaven,
    Even as wandering spirits with no country
    Burst into a stubborn, whimpering cry.
    — And without drums or music, long hearses
    Pass by slowly in my soul; Hope, vanquished,
    Weeps, and atrocious, despotic Anguish
    On my bowed skull plants her black flag.

  11. #24
    Ferris Bueller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    KFC
    Posts
    6,706
    Reputation
    409
    Thanks
    846
    My Mood
    Hot
    Quote Originally Posted by Aborted View Post
    ​One of the main things that keeps me away from anime is the fans, even the moderates such as yourselves. I just don't see why you have to incoprorate it into everything you do. Anime avatar, anime sigs, anime quotes, anime .gifs, etc etc. It just confuses/subtly annoys me.
    My avatar and signature are pictures of 2pac. I mean you have to represent yourself with something on the internet and the things you are interested in or believe in are the best things to rep your self with. And then there's people who put disturbing/crude/creepy/sexual images. *cough* Aborted *cough*

    "“Religions are, by definition, metaphors, after all: God is a dream, a hope, a woman, an ironist, a father, a city, a house of many rooms, a watchmaker who left his prize chronometer in the desert, someone who loves you—even, perhaps, against all evidence, a celestial being whose only interest is to make sure your football team, army, business, or marriage thrives, prospers, and triumphs over all opposition. Religions are places to stand and look and act, vantage points from which to view the world. So none of this is happening. Such things could not occur. Never a word of it is literally true.” .”
    I was Martin Johnson

  12. #25
    Aborted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Shitpost Defense
    Posts
    17,471
    Reputation
    3076
    Thanks
    6,394
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Johnson View Post


    My avatar and signature are pictures of 2pac. I mean you have to represent yourself with something on the internet and the things you are interested in or believe in are the best things to rep your self with. And then there's people who put disturbing/crude/creepy/sexual images. *cough* Aborted *cough*
    All my avatars, sigs, and pics are unrelated and simply represent me, a dark, cynical person. There's no issue with having matching customiszations, the problem is when people go overboard and obsess over the same thing, with dozen of .gifs, quotes, sigs and the such. Your setup would fall under the perfectly acceptable category.
    When the earth is changed into a humid dungeon,
    In which Hope like a bat
    Goes beating the walls with her timid wings
    And knocking her head against the rotten ceiling;
    When the rain stretching out its endless train
    Imitates the bars of a vast prison
    And a silent horde of loathsome spiders
    Comes to spin their webs in the depths of our brains,
    All at once the bells leap with rage
    And hurl a frightful roar at heaven,
    Even as wandering spirits with no country
    Burst into a stubborn, whimpering cry.
    — And without drums or music, long hearses
    Pass by slowly in my soul; Hope, vanquished,
    Weeps, and atrocious, despotic Anguish
    On my bowed skull plants her black flag.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Aborted For This Useful Post:

    Ferris Bueller (12-11-2013)

  14. #26
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Aborted View Post
    ​One of the main things that keeps me away from anime is the fans, even the moderates such as yourselves. I just don't see why you have to incoprorate it into everything you do. Anime avatar, anime sigs, anime quotes, anime .gifs, etc etc. It just confuses/subtly annoys me.
    Well that's pretty self explanatory. Anime has a lot of art. I mean...a lot.

    And if you like a series, or think a picture is funny, then people put it in their signatures/avatar. Though it's not just anime tho, it's pretty much ALL media people do this with(video games, tv, movies, music, etc.). This is especially true on the internet, people just like their media.
    ---------------------------

    Just to point this out, your avatar could very well be from a manga(berserk most likely) but, you'd never know that lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Johnson View Post

    The real reason why some people don't like anime(including my self) is because of everyone's hidden pride.

    I don't know how to explain this so I'll do the best I can.

    Let's all admit that anime is associated with kids for the simple fact that, anime and cartoons are 90% of what kids watch. So, like everything else, when you associate a certain idea with another they are tied together. It's how the human brain works.

    Another thing anime is associated with is nerds/nolifes/antisocials/pervs(no offense to all you guys, i don't believe that anime watchers are that but it's the sad truth).

    So with all that being said, when you have anime being associated with these things everyone and their mother will stay away from anime.

    I'll admit I'm not an anime watcher and the only reason I kind of shun the idea of watching anime is "man this is childish". I know it's wrong but like I said before, it's how society deemed it.

    So here's your answer why.

    Society's a bitch.

    Sadly that is the case with some people. People judge anime on quantity not quality, much like how people judge American TV as nothing but reality TV and garbage shows like "16 and pregnant".


    Honestly it's funny to me, who consumes a lot of media to see people hate on a specific type of media like anime. Because anime/manga covers such a vast amount of material, it's almost impossible to not find a genre/story that you'd like.


    But then again, these are the people who usually don't try a whole lot of new stuff and just stick with what they like.
    Last edited by Empire; 12-11-2013 at 10:38 PM.


  15. #27
    You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    scotbud123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    2,754
    Reputation
    86
    Thanks
    212
    My Mood
    Amused
    I can agree with your second explanation a lot more.








     





















  16. #28
    Gio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    6,998
    Reputation
    1145
    Thanks
    3,148
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Look how anime changed you. You keep saying "bby" and dumb stuff thundix2 .
    I don't hate anime, but I don't like it. I just .. can't find it interesting.
    I regard the theatre as the greatest of all art forms, the most immediate way in which a human being can share with another the sense of what it is to be a human being. -Wilde

    Member Since: 7 March 2013
    Donator Since: 14 January 2014
    Editor Since: 10 August 2013
    Manager Since: 27 September 2013
    Middleman Since: 31 January 2013
    Minion Since: 13 August 2013
    Former Staff Since: 5 February 2014

  17. #29
    Terrified's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Yes.
    Posts
    3,283
    Reputation
    1022
    Thanks
    941
    My Mood
    Doh
    people that saying that anime "sucks" are mainly hipsters aka people who against mainstream.

  18. #30
    Rance-Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Ice
    Posts
    6,339
    Reputation
    653
    Thanks
    7,507
    Quote Originally Posted by Glue View Post
    Look how anime changed you. You keep saying "bby" and dumb stuff thundix2 .
    I don't hate anime, but I don't like it. I just .. can't find it interesting.
    Anime didn't make me start saying bby. It started with Chibizs on Skype as a joke. Like a nickname, for example in a typical conversation "Hey bby, how are you doing today?" and I somehow started using it with others and it just happened. And dumb stuff? I've always been posting dumb stuff, because I'm a dumb person. Huehuehue.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bs View Post
    people that saying that anime "sucks" are mainly hipsters aka people who against mainstream.
    I feel like Empire summed it up pretty well. People just generally don't give it a chance because of what they know about anime. It's just misconceptions people have about anime.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Top 3 Anime Songs
    By arunforce in forum Anime
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-12-2010, 02:59 AM
  2. Basic Animation
    By Chronologix in forum Tutorials
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 09-15-2008, 10:05 AM
  3. Screwed Up anime
    By Chronologix in forum Anime
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-08-2006, 11:17 AM
  4. Newest Anime youve seen.
    By NukeAssault in forum Anime
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-25-2006, 05:16 PM
  5. GunGrave Animated
    By Chronologix in forum Art & Graphic Design
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-23-2006, 05:32 AM