Thread: Abortion

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by maddoggy00 View Post
    With regards to opportunity cost - I am not at all talking about anything that has to do with money in terms of abortion. I'm talking about the life of the baby itself. The opportunity is the life; it would have existed if chosen. In Roe vs. Wade this is called "viability" specifically regarding a fetus (see below). Please reread what I already said with that in mind.

The "their" does not refer to the individual exclusively, which is how I'm guessing you interpreted it.

So you are also saying the Supreme Court is stupid? For instance, Roe vs. Wade outlines the term "viability" as the point when a fetus can sustain life with artificial aide outside the whom, and uses this transition point as the line where it is no longer legal to have an abortion, except for unusual circumstance. This viability term is also used to describe avoiding a miscarriage. 40 years ago, the fetus usually reached viability around 26-28 weeks, according to the scientists who witnessed at the time. 40 years later, our technology has increased significantly, and thus the viability point.

I would bear in mind, though, that 90% of all abortions happen in the 1st trimester anyway. So it's not like I'm proposing that all of a sudden 70% of abortions wouldn't be possible anymore.

Interesting poll for you

Edit:

I agree with webster's definition of a homicide and murder... A homicide is killing a person. A fetus <28 weeks under the current law is not considered a human being. I would propose that aborting a fetus after 14 weeks is murder/homicide based on the age of the fetus and it is a separate organism to the mother, which is when the chances of miscarriage are negligible under normal circumstances.
    I have no clue what you're talking about regarding genes or the way they look. What does that have to do with abortions or homicides?
    It pertains to what I said earlier, about what is consider a human.
    I classify it based on the genes not the way it develops or looks. To me what they seem to base it off was weather or not it would live outside of the womb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    Valid keys, he gave me one himself.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    :/ Man you must suck in economics.

Opportunity cost is often listed the disadvantages versus advantages of picking one choice over the other. In the case of pregnancy, if the person does does not want a child(for medical or personal), abortion has the advantage overwhelmingly.

You are missing the factor of "will", going on to say that because a child could exist, it should.
    -Of course that's an idiotic notion in and of itself.
    ---------------------------
    Viability versus miscarriage.

You seem to not understand the two do not directly influence one another.
    Viability means the fetus can survive outside the womb.
    Miscarriage means the fetus dies of natural causes.

The supreme court's decision was made upon viability, not miscarriage.

So no, I don't have a problem with the supreme court, in what way did I call their decision stupid?
    (oh that's right, I didn't).
    -----------------------

Your argument for miscarriage is invalid. A 10-20% higher potential survival chance from miscarriage doesn't mean that abortion is murder.

Example:

Imagine a woman week 14-20 has problems with pregnancy. The child cannot possibly survive outside of the womb at this stage.

The choice is either to abort the child, saving the woman
    -or-
    Since abortion is "murder" and illegal, they both die.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    so this about abortion i c i cry when babies die oh NOOOOOOOOOOO I CRY

CC<3

4. The Following User Says Thank You to thedarksilkroad For This Useful Post:

Ferris Bueller (05-11-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hungover
    Well im against abortion,but i think that everyone has the right to decide whether to keep the baby

Thanks
    My Mood
    Goofy
    notice how when God created mankind (Christianity please dont hate) Woman deal with their children in which now if a woman gets prego's here its just a "Yeah lets kill thy baby doc." which i call bullshit, you had sex for a reason now deal with the child or or dont have sex at all. Easy as that

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kalystori View Post
    notice how when God created mankind (Christianity please dont hate) Woman deal with their children in which now if a woman gets prego's here its just a "Yeah lets kill thy baby doc." which i call bullshit, you had sex for a reason now deal with the child or or dont have sex at all. Easy as that
    You're wrong, abortion isn't something new. In fact it's been around long before the Christ era. C+P from my old post a few months back

There's lots of reasons why abortions are legal. The first and most obvious reason is that rape/incest victims shouldn't have to give birth to a child. I mean just think about a persons psychological state as they carry a baby reliving the torture of being raped every day. Also there's tons of teenagers who die giving childbirth (and their kids usually die also) and you also have to think about how they'll support the child. And even though it's illegal in some places it still happens and many women die from it. Religion ideology, the government and people like yourself have no rights to deny abortion. It's simply unethical.

Thanks
    What the fuck guys. The baby is not alive yet it feels as much as a rock.
    Can't pass through the red plastic window.

Threadstarter
    Lift that Shit, or Die Trying
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Hot
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePixelJunk View Post
    What the fuck guys. The baby is not alive yet it feels as much as a rock.
    At a certain point it is.

Do some research.

"“Religions are, by definition, metaphors, after all: God is a dream, a hope, a woman, an ironist, a father, a city, a house of many rooms, a watchmaker who left his prize chronometer in the desert, someone who loves you—even, perhaps, against all evidence, a celestial being whose only interest is to make sure your football team, army, business, or marriage thrives, prospers, and triumphs over all opposition. Religions are places to stand and look and act, vantage points from which to view the world. So none of this is happening. Such things could not occur. Never a word of it is literally true.” .”
    I was Martin Johnson

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567