Thread: Homosexuel?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 59
  1. #16
    Democritus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Dyrus will be missed.
    Posts
    2,231
    Reputation
    294
    Thanks
    649
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    Homosexual marriage does nothing to society. It's not like denying it is going to somehow not make them homosexual, or that they don't deserve it more than heterosexual couples.

    I believe it's perfectly fine for homosexual marriage to exist. It harms no one and only increases tolerance of other people's beliefs.


    Question: What does your statement have to do with Christianity?
    -As far as i'm concerned homosexuality is considered a sin. But so is eating bacon and shellfish, so....

    So.. anal sex shouldn't be allowed? What about blowjobs? What about relationships that DON'T involve sex? What about impotence?

    But the whole world isn't homosexual, not even half of it.

    Oh btw there are homosexual relationships in nature....just so you know.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosex..****r_in_animals



    I"m sorry, what history are you talking about?

    I don't remember any, nor do i remember people being afraid of the ancient voodoo that befalls people if we allow homosexual's to marry.
    I was just pointing out another reason why I do not believe in it, plus it is a major sin, unlike those other two you named. This is stated in 1 Corinthians 6:9-11.

  2. #17
    nevs666's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    515
    Reputation
    71
    Thanks
    35
    My Mood
    Happy
    The fuck is up with all the gay hate here? Why does it even remotely effect anyone if two people who love each other want to be bound together in a ceremony recognized by law?
    "If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest."

    -Benjamin Franklin
    ^One of our (our as in American no offence to non Americans) Founding Fathers and one of my personal heroes.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to nevs666 For This Useful Post:

    curkill (05-14-2014)

  4. #18
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Player X View Post
    I was just pointing out another reason why I do not believe in it, plus it is a major sin, unlike those other two you named. This is stated in 1 Corinthians 6:9-11.
    1. You don't have an option to "believe in" homosexuality, it exist, there is no doubt of that. There are homosexuals and people attracted to the other sex, both exist.
    -The correct term is "don't support".

    2. 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 states that homosexuality is a sin, yet you are forgiven for it.(so you can keep doing it.).

    3. Before you think about "well you aren't supposed to commit sin" please take a look at this:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/613_commandments

    Do you know even 1/10th of these? No. these are all the "sins" you can commit according to the bible. You sin every day and know full well of it, yet you have the audacity to denounce others?

    "Whoever is without sin, throw the first stone" right?
    -------------------------------------------------------


    Look, simple fact is that you don't know jack about the bible. But use it to be a dick, thinking you can quote one verse and that justifies your position to promote intolerance.
    --------------------------------------------



    Also: The verse says thieves can't go to heaven but clearly they can because of the ones on the cross with jesus.(sheesh easy contradiction).
    Last edited by Empire; 05-14-2014 at 06:11 PM.


  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Empire For This Useful Post:

    curkill (05-14-2014)

  6. #19
    Kodoku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    your waifu's house.
    Posts
    1,313
    Reputation
    541
    Thanks
    188
    This is quickly turning into a religion debate but i wanna just input something about church and religion and the way they handle this stuff.

    I've been going to church 3 times a week for the last 17 years of my life (ya i know it sucks). I'm not even that religion but living under my parents house i have to follow their rules and such. But anyway, when people say that churches go against their words about whats in the bible is 100% true. Sure the bible says that homosexuality is a sin but at the same time the bible says you should love/accept everyone. I guarantee that if you see an openly gay man (i'm talking dressed in drag with makeup and all) walk into a church, you won't believe the shit he will get. People don't want people who don't follow their values in church but by doing that they're no longer following the same "bible" that they're judging someone from.

    Don't know if that makes sense but ya.

  7. #20
    Kia8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Cold Krakistan
    Posts
    298
    Reputation
    35
    Thanks
    376
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

    2. 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 states that homosexuality is a sin, yet you are forgiven for it.(so you can keep doing it.).

    3. Before you think about "well you aren't supposed to commit sin" please take a look at this:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/613_commandments
    You touched on two issues here that have been plaguing the Church for quite some time. Here's my view:

    2. This is frequently called license for sin, and the large majority of the Church opposes it, not only because if it were true all of Christianity would be pointless, but because of Romans 6. In there, Paul tells the church in Rome that, just because where sin is, grace abounds all the more (i.e. just because you're forgiven for sin), does not give us a license for sin, because they have died to the sin nature. Basically, Christians like myself believe that our old self, which desires sin and is addicted to it, is dead, and we now can live lives free of addiction to sin, though not necessarily free from sin itself.

    3. Ha, you sound downright Baptist. Although actually that's the belief of the Catholics and 7th Day Adventists as well, maybe even Lutherans. I for one disagree with you, because the old testament's law was meant only to point us to the fact that we are indeed sinners. We sin, and so we need a savior that can take away this sin from us. Not obeying the ten commandments, in light of how the New Testament explains them (I won't get into this as it's complicated), is definitely a sin. However, we are forgived for that sin. We are not to do it anymore, but we do have forgiveness. It's the sign of a true Christian when he or she does not become addicted to something, but rather turns away from it and repents.

    As in anything, there are extremists and there are the normal ones. There are those who actively hurt gays, and there are those who believe it is immoral, but won't kill you if you become gay. They may disassociate with you, and try to get you to come back, but that's the extent of it. The first kind is detrimental to society, the second hurts no one. What's more intolerant: A religion's decision to oppose homosexuality, or a world that believes Christians that disapprove of gays should get their heads smashed in? You would be amazed at the amount of hate Christians like me get for opposing homosexuality. My parents run a ministry, and we have gotten multiple death threats from people specifically concerning our stand on homosexuality. Obviously no one knows where we live so no one has been able to follow through on this, but none-the-less a death threat is a freaking death threat.
    Last edited by Kia8; 05-14-2014 at 01:07 PM.
    Successful trades: 24
    Number of times people have tried to scam me: 6

    Number of times that it worked: 2 :|

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kia8 For This Useful Post:

    curkill (05-14-2014)

  9. #21
    Democritus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Dyrus will be missed.
    Posts
    2,231
    Reputation
    294
    Thanks
    649
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    1. You don't have an option to "believe in" homosexuality, it exist, there is no doubt of that. There are homosexuals and people attracted to men.
    -The correct term is "don't support".

    2. 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 states that homosexuality is a sin, yet you are forgiven for it.(so you can keep doing it.).

    3. Before you think about "well you aren't supposed to commit sin" please take a look at this:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/613_commandments

    Do you know even 1/10th of these? No. these are all the "sins" you can commit according to the bible. You sin every day and know full well of it, yet you have the audacity to denounce others?

    "Whoever is without sin, throw the first stone" right?
    -------------------------------------------------------


    Look, simple fact is that you don't know jack about the bible. But use it to be a dick, thinking you can quote one verse and that justifies your position to promote intolerance.
    --------------------------------------------



    Also: The verse says thieves can't go to heaven but clearly they can because of the ones on the cross with jesus.(sheesh easy contradiction).
    Ok, perhaps I did use incorrect terminology but, I believe that we are all entitled to our opinion, this is mine. Also, being a VERY strong republican and christian I do not support these. Get off my back..

  10. #22
    Aborted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Shitpost Defense
    Posts
    17,471
    Reputation
    3076
    Thanks
    6,395
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Player X View Post
    Ok, perhaps I did use incorrect terminology but, I believe that we are all entitled to our opinion, this is mine. Also, being a VERY strong republican and christian I do not support these. Get off my back..
    This section is called 'Debate Fort' for a reason, not 'Moral Soapbox'.
    When the earth is changed into a humid dungeon,
    In which Hope like a bat
    Goes beating the walls with her timid wings
    And knocking her head against the rotten ceiling;
    When the rain stretching out its endless train
    Imitates the bars of a vast prison
    And a silent horde of loathsome spiders
    Comes to spin their webs in the depths of our brains,
    All at once the bells leap with rage
    And hurl a frightful roar at heaven,
    Even as wandering spirits with no country
    Burst into a stubborn, whimpering cry.
    — And without drums or music, long hearses
    Pass by slowly in my soul; Hope, vanquished,
    Weeps, and atrocious, despotic Anguish
    On my bowed skull plants her black flag.

  11. #23
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Kia8 View Post


    You touched on two issues here that have been plaguing the Church for quite some time. Here's my view:

    2. This is frequently called license for sin, and the large majority of the Church opposes it, not only because if it were true all of Christianity would be pointless, but because of Romans 6. In there, Paul tells the church in Rome that, just because where sin is, grace abounds all the more (i.e. just because you're forgiven for sin), does not give us a license for sin, because they have died to the sin nature. Basically, Christians like myself believe that our old self, which desires sin and is addicted to it, is dead, and we now can live lives free of addiction to sin, though not necessarily free from sin itself.

    3. Ha, you sound downright Baptist. Although actually that's the belief of the Catholics and 7th Day Adventists as well, maybe even Lutherans. I for one disagree with you, because the old testament's law was meant only to point us to the fact that we are indeed sinners. We sin, and so we need a savior that can take away this sin from us. Not obeying the ten commandments, in light of how the New Testament explains them (I won't get into this as it's complicated), is definitely a sin. However, we are forgived for that sin. We are not to do it anymore, but we do have forgiveness. It's the sign of a true Christian when he or she does not become addicted to something, but rather turns away from it and repents.

    As in anything, there are extremists and there are the normal ones. There are those who actively hurt gays, and there are those who believe it is immoral, but won't kill you if you become gay. They may disassociate with you, and try to get you to come back, but that's the extent of it. The first kind is detrimental to society, the second hurts no one. What's more intolerant: A religion's decision to oppose homosexuality, or a world that believes Christians that disapprove of gays should get their heads smashed in? You would be amazed at the amount of hate Christians like me get for opposing homosexuality. My parents run a ministry, and we have gotten multiple death threats from people specifically concerning our stand on homosexuality. Obviously no one knows where we live so no one has been able to follow through on this, but none-the-less a death threat is a freaking death threat.
    -You started out with 2?
    2. Ok this is actually a two part response, sorry
    A). The problem is that sin really isn't an addiction, it's habit. Those two things have a defining difference.
    -I'm making a thread on this later tonight, i'll just link it later.

    B) The weird thing is how many christians take Paul's word as legit. Paul never knew Jesus at all. It's kind of bothering to me that Paul overshadows Jesus by a lot in the new testament, and that people are taking Paul's word on anything when he is both not a prophet nor did he know Jesus. In fact, his relation to anything in the bible is that of a glorified priest. Yet Christianity takes his word as right without question.
    -I just seems to me that paul is more of a "it's my opinion" situation. He has no divine clearance.


    3. Uh well here's the thing: The ten commandments don't define all of what sin is.
    http://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=820108

    4. The thing is you oppose gays for no reason. The reason you get flak is that your decision and those opinions of anti-gays DO harm them. they DO effect the laws, and to think that the opinins of the majority don't have any effect on how a minority is treated is just naive.

    Also: Being anti-gay is like being racist or such. The reason people give you flak is because your stance is against someone else. It's not that you aren't gay, but that you dislike/hate gay people.

    :/ The fact that you so foolishly try to use a religion that you don't know much about is probably just digging yourself a bigger hole.
    Last edited by Empire; 05-14-2014 at 08:37 PM.


  12. #24
    Kia8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Cold Krakistan
    Posts
    298
    Reputation
    35
    Thanks
    376
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

    -You started out with 2?
    2. Ok this i actually a two part response, sorry
    A). The problem is that sin really isn't an addiction, it's habit. Those two things have a defining difference.
    -I'm making a thread on this later tonight, i'll just link it later.

    B) The weird thing is how many christians take Paul's word as legit. Paul never knew Jesus at all. It's kind of bothering to me that Paul overshadows Jesus by a lot in the new testament, and that people are taking Paul's word on anything when he is both not a prophet nor did he know Jesus. In fact, his relation to anything in the bible is that of a glorified priest. Yet Christianity takes his word as right without question.
    -I just seems to me that paul is more of a "it's my opinion" situation. He has no divine clearance.


    3. Uh well here's the thing: The ten commandments don't define all of what sin is.
    http://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=820108

    4. The thing is you oppose gays for no reason. The reason you get flak is that your decision and those opinions of anti-gays DO harm them. they DO effect the laws, and to think that the opinions of the majority don't have any effect on how a minority is treated is just naive.

    Also: Being anti-gay is like being racist or such. The reason people give you flak is because your stance is against someone else. It's not that you aren't gay, but that you dislike/hate gay people.

    :/ The fact that you so foolishly try to use a religion that you don't know much about is probably just digging your grave.
    First off, I started my response to you by replying to your second point, because your first point was directed towards someone else.

    2.A Here is how I define addiction: Something harmful which you do repeatedly. My definition of a habit is similar: Something nice or pleasant which you do repeatedly. This is just how I've always thought of it, but now that I think of it, it is true that habitual sin exists. If you want, just replace everytime I use addiction with habitual.

    2.B Paul was originally Saul, and I'm not even sure he met Jesus at all, though he did see God; believe me anyone who went to Sunday school knows that. But frankly, who cares? Unless Paul wrote one of the Gospels, which he didn't, it doesn't matter that he didn't see Jesus first-hand. It's my view that God would not have put Paul's words into the New Testament if they were not divinely inspired.

    3. No, of course the ten commandments don't define all of sin. You brought them up so I mentioned them in my reply, but naturally the ten commandments don't even begin to cover all the laws the Jews had. It doesn't lessen my argument, so what's your point?

    4. Not for no reason, I oppose being gay (although contrary to what you said I do not hate people that are gay) because of a couple reasons:
    -The Bible makes its stand against homosexuality, and thus so do I. I believe the Bible to be entirely right and entirely true, and so I can trust it's influence in my life to be a good one.
    - Who gets to say where the buck stops? If one man and one women turns into 2 men, then who says it can't turn into 1 man and a kid, or 1 man and an animal, or for that matter 10 men? You may think I'm taking to far but this is a legitimate concern; if homosexuals are allowed to marry then the sanctity of marriage is greatly impacted.

    "The fact that you so foolishly try to use a religion that you don't know much..." This line seems to be a bit of a theme with you. You cannot judge my knowledge of my religion from the three paragraphs I wrote, so making assumptions is wrong. Let's lay off on the insults and just have an intelligent discussion.
    Successful trades: 24
    Number of times people have tried to scam me: 6

    Number of times that it worked: 2 :|

  13. #25
    curkill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    228
    Reputation
    20
    Thanks
    514
    My Mood
    Goofy
    Just a small comment by me Right now I live with a hostdad who is homosexuel and every saturday we go to church (church has awesome internet 50 MBs yeah)

  14. #26
    666HiddenMaster666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    14,463
    Reputation
    953
    Thanks
    1,854
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Player X View Post
    Also, being a VERY strong republican and christian I do not support these. Get off my back..
    > Tells people to get off your back
    > Gets on other people's backs

    > Wants less government involvement in people's lives
    > Wants more government involvement in people's lives which you do not agree with

    Ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Troll nomination. Allah and Muhammad for 1400 years of bullshit.

  15. #27
    nevs666's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    515
    Reputation
    71
    Thanks
    35
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kia8 View Post


    Let's lay off on the insults and just have an intelligent discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kia8 View Post


    If one man and one women turns into 2 men, then who says it can't turn into 1 man and a kid, or 1 man and an animal, or for that matter 10 men?
    ^Assumes gay people and homosexuality leads to pedophilia, bestiality, and polygamy. Then proceeds to tell someone else to tone down on the insults. Christian logic rit thur.
    "If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest."

    -Benjamin Franklin
    ^One of our (our as in American no offence to non Americans) Founding Fathers and one of my personal heroes.

  16. #28
    Kia8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Cold Krakistan
    Posts
    298
    Reputation
    35
    Thanks
    376
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by nevs666 View Post
    ^Assumes gay people and homosexuality leads to pedophilia, bestiality, and polygamy. Then proceeds to tell someone else to tone down on the insults. Christian logic rit thur.
    I'm saying that homosexuality has a negative impact upon the sanctity of marriage, not that it necessarily will lead to those things.
    Successful trades: 24
    Number of times people have tried to scam me: 6

    Number of times that it worked: 2 :|

  17. #29
    BurningAshes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In ma house
    Posts
    3,089
    Reputation
    121
    Thanks
    310
    My Mood
    Breezy
    I say no to homosexuality. Woman + man = love . cant work anyway else.


  18. The Following User Says Thank You to BurningAshes For This Useful Post:

    Zuhrain (05-15-2014)

  19. #30
    Democritus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Dyrus will be missed.
    Posts
    2,231
    Reputation
    294
    Thanks
    649
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by 666HiddenMaster666 View Post


    > Tells people to get off your back
    > Gets on other people's backs

    > Wants less government involvement in people's lives
    > Wants more government involvement in people's lives which you do not agree with

    Ok.
    > Says defending yourself is getting on other people's back
    > makes no sense after that

    Okay.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast