Thread: Homosexuel?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 59
  1. #31
    nevs666's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    515
    Reputation
    71
    Thanks
    35
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kia8 View Post


    I'm saying that homosexuality has a negative impact upon the sanctity of marriage, not that it necessarily will lead to those things.
    Who exactly are you to decided what the sanctity of marriage dictates? To the best of my knowledge marriage has been around long before Christianity was founded, so what gives you, or any other religion the right to say who should or shouldn't get married?
    "If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest."

    -Benjamin Franklin
    ^One of our (our as in American no offence to non Americans) Founding Fathers and one of my personal heroes.

  2. #32
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Kia8 View Post


    First off, I started my response to you by replying to your second point, because your first point was directed towards someone else.

    2.A Here is how I define addiction: Something harmful which you do repeatedly. My definition of a habit is similar: Something nice or pleasant which you do repeatedly. This is just how I've always thought of it, but now that I think of it, it is true that habitual sin exists. If you want, just replace everytime I use addiction with habitual.

    2.B Paul was originally Saul, and I'm not even sure he met Jesus at all, though he did see God; believe me anyone who went to Sunday school knows that. But frankly, who cares? Unless Paul wrote one of the Gospels, which he didn't, it doesn't matter that he didn't see Jesus first-hand. It's my view that God would not have put Paul's words into the New Testament if they were not divinely inspired.

    3. No, of course the ten commandments don't define all of sin. You brought them up so I mentioned them in my reply, but naturally the ten commandments don't even begin to cover all the laws the Jews had. It doesn't lessen my argument, so what's your point?

    4. Not for no reason, I oppose being gay (although contrary to what you said I do not hate people that are gay) because of a couple reasons:
    -The Bible makes its stand against homosexuality, and thus so do I. I believe the Bible to be entirely right and entirely true, and so I can trust it's influence in my life to be a good one.
    - Who gets to say where the buck stops? If one man and one women turns into 2 men, then who says it can't turn into 1 man and a kid, or 1 man and an animal, or for that matter 10 men? You may think I'm taking to far but this is a legitimate concern; if homosexuals are allowed to marry then the sanctity of marriage is greatly impacted.

    "The fact that you so foolishly try to use a religion that you don't know much..." This line seems to be a bit of a theme with you. You cannot judge my knowledge of my religion from the three paragraphs I wrote, so making assumptions is wrong. Let's lay off on the insults and just have an intelligent discussion.
    2. Ok first you need to not rely on your own definition of words. Try a dictionary. I do not care of "how you always thought of it", the word has a meaning which society takes, please do not go making up your own definitions.
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/addicted

    2. Uh....God didn't put Paul's words in the new testament, the church did. You do have an understanding of how the books of the bible were formed right?(I mean they do teach you this in sunday "school" right?)

    3. Well I guess my point is that the laws aren't the "laws of the jews" according to the bible, they are the laws of god. You ask for forgiveness to sins you don't know about, making that utterly pointless.

    4. The Bible also makes a stand against a hundred other things you don't have a problem with and accept in your daily life, yet you draw the line at a couple's happiness?
    -The slippery slope fallacy? You can't be that stupid.....


    Actually I can judge your knowledge of the bible pretty easily, since you don't understand the teachings nor understand the laws, it's pretty clear that the amount of knowledge you hold about the bible is from Veggie Tales.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kia8 View Post

    I'm saying that homosexuality has a negative impact upon the sanctity of marriage, not that it necessarily will lead to those things.
    No you are just implying it will lead to those things. Derp argument.

    (actually you said " Who gets to say where the buck stops? If one man and one women turns into 2 men, then who says it can't turn into 1 man and a kid, or 1 man and an animal, or for that matter 10 men? You may think I'm taking to far but this is a legitimate concern; if homosexuals are allowed to marry then the sanctity of marriage is greatly impacted.")

    Which pretty much says you think homosexual marriage will lead into societal acceptance of polygamy, beastiality, etc.

    BTW: Sanctity of marriage? Are you fucking retarded?

    People don't want gay marriage for some bullshit religious reason, they want it for the legal reasons. You can't make decisions at the hospital if you aren't married, you can do things with your will, taxes and such, I mean wow:

    Do you even know what it means to get married?


  3. #33
    Kia8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Cold Krakistan
    Posts
    298
    Reputation
    35
    Thanks
    376
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by nevs666 View Post
    Who exactly are you to decided what the sanctity of marriage dictates? To the best of my knowledge marriage has been around long before Christianity was founded, so what gives you, or any other religion the right to say who should or shouldn't get married?
    This is precisely what I'm talking about. If we don't have boundaries for what is acceptable and what is unacceptable, then why shouldn't a man and child get married? What gives you, the government, or a religion the right to say that it's wrong? Society needs boundaries in order to maintain it's morality and keep from becoming animalistic.
    Successful trades: 24
    Number of times people have tried to scam me: 6

    Number of times that it worked: 2 :|

  4. #34
    Kia8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Cold Krakistan
    Posts
    298
    Reputation
    35
    Thanks
    376
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

    2. Ok first you need to not rely on your own definition of words. Try a dictionary. I do not care of "how you always thought of it", the word has a meaning which society takes, please do not go making up your own definitions.
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/addicted
    I was using the connotations of the words, which other people accept. Addiction naturally implies something bad, while habit is far more innocent. Why? Because of the word's widely accepted connotations. Regardless, what difference does it really make? Go hate on someone else's grammar.

    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    2. Uh....God didn't put Paul's words in the new testament, the church did. You do have an understanding of how the books of the bible were formed right?(I mean they do teach you this in sunday "school" right?)
    You really think I don't know that? Christians believe that God inspired writers, which means everything in the Bible is God's word, even Paul's writings.

    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    3. Well I guess my point is that the laws aren't the "laws of the jews" according to the bible, they are the laws of god. You ask for forgiveness to sins you don't know about, making that utterly pointless.
    When I said "the laws of the Jews" I was referencing the hundreds of laws that the Jews added on to Scripture. Try re-watching that episode of Veggie Tails. Also, I know every single sin that I am asking forgiveness for; your assumption that I don't is incorrect. Jesus fulfilled the laws of the Old Testament, meaning that it is now the New Testament I look to for guidance.

    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    4. The Bible also makes a stand against a hundred other things you don't have a problem with and accept in your daily life, yet you draw the line at a couple's happiness?
    -The slippery slope fallacy? You can't be that stupid.....
    I'm actually curious what you mean by this, name something the New Testament forbids (with the passage) that I might do.
    - What's stupid about it? When society starts loosing its boundaries who gets to say where it stops?
    Successful trades: 24
    Number of times people have tried to scam me: 6

    Number of times that it worked: 2 :|

  5. #35
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Kia8 View Post


    I was using the connotations of the words, which other people accept. Addiction naturally implies something bad, while habit is far more innocent. Why? Because of the word's widely accepted connotations. Regardless, what difference does it really make? Go hate on someone else's grammar.



    You really think I don't know that? Christians believe that God inspired writers, which means everything in the Bible is God's word, even Paul's writings.



    When I said "the laws of the Jews" I was referencing the hundreds of laws that the Jews added on to Scripture. Try re-watching that episode of Veggie Tails. Also, I know every single sin that I am asking forgiveness for; your assumption that I don't is incorrect. Jesus fulfilled the laws of the Old Testament, meaning that it is now the New Testament I look to for guidance.



    I'm actually curious what you mean by this, name something the New Testament forbids (with the passage) that I might do.
    - What's stupid about it? When society starts loosing its boundaries who gets to say where it stops?
    1. It makes a lot of a difference. "you are addicted to sin" versus "you do sin out of habit" is entirely different. How...how are you not getting this?

    2. Oh really? Because god "inspired" does not mean "from god". Take a lesson in learn that opinions are just that. Paul's words were not a direct decree from god, so as far as anyone should be concerned: going against what he says is fine.

    3. So you believe god made all these laws, rules, and such, just so that people could ignore them later? Ignorance is bliss i'd say.


    4. Wait.....you just disregard everything in the old testament? I'm sorry but how do you not know the connection between the two?
    ---------------------------


    I guess you kind of represent the average christian.

    Knows nothing of the old testament and of god, reads the new testament, then completely ignores anything brought up in the old testament because "Jesus makes all that pointless".

    :/

    I'm not utterly shocked you don't know anything about the old testament and take the word of paul over god himself. (because that's the average christian tbh).

    I'm just shocked you don't understand that Jesus didn't just make all those laws/rules irrelevant. All Jesus effectively did was take away blood-sacrifice from the rituals the jewish people did and make "everyone" able to join christianity instead of the race of the jews.
    -----------------------------------


  6. #36
    666HiddenMaster666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    14,463
    Reputation
    953
    Thanks
    1,854
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by BurningAshes View Post
    I say no to homosexuality. Woman + man = love . cant work anyway else.
    Love isn't physical

    Quote Originally Posted by Player X View Post
    > Says defending yourself is getting on other people's back
    > makes no sense after that
    Okay.
    You're the one not making sense
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Troll nomination. Allah and Muhammad for 1400 years of bullshit.

  7. #37
    nevs666's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    515
    Reputation
    71
    Thanks
    35
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kia8 View Post


    This is precisely what I'm talking about. If we don't have boundaries for what is acceptable and what is unacceptable, then why shouldn't a man and child get married? What gives you, the government, or a religion the right to say that it's wrong? Society needs boundaries in order to maintain it's morality and keep from becoming animalistic.
    Are you really asking what justifies the reasoning for not letting adults married children? How about they are not physically or mentally ready for such a thing, that is the sole reasoning behind it. How can you equate the crime of pedophilia, to two CONSENTING ADULT'S that want to get married that just happen to be of the same gender?
    "If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest."

    -Benjamin Franklin
    ^One of our (our as in American no offence to non Americans) Founding Fathers and one of my personal heroes.

  8. #38
    BioHazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    *Bloop*-Error-*Bleep*
    Posts
    1,014
    Reputation
    17
    Thanks
    238
    My Mood
    Pensive
    I have no problem with gay people, as long as they stay away from me... I dont mind gay people, but I do not think it is natural, if it was, gay people could get pregnant and have their own kids or have a way of reproducing, which they dont. This is why I think some female dogs are retarded, becuase they start humping things, and im like


    Formerly known as - GangsterDemon
     

  9. #39
    Zuhrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lux's heart
    Posts
    5,764
    Reputation
    810
    Thanks
    1,193
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by BurningAshes View Post
    I say no to homosexuality. Woman + man = love . cant work anyway else.
    yes. that's is true. nice equation
    Subscribe my channel
    Its about League of Legends

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3e...VUjViCRban4Axw

    I really appreciate if you guys subscribe


  10. #40
    ☬Ξη†τσρîζ Ζσ♍βîε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Lehsyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,899
    Reputation
    1281
    Thanks
    3,064
    Not for me. If someone else is into it then whatever, just stop fucking throwing it in my face. You don't see straight people having a "straight parade". You don't see straight people introducing themselves as "Hi, I'm Bob and I like women". You don't see straight people acting OVERLY masculine just because they are straight.

    I'm sick of Gay people acting like they need all this fucking attention. Just act like a fucking person and love/fuck who you want that's down for it PRIVATELY. All of this shit should stay in the fucking bedroom.

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lehsyrus For This Useful Post:

    AQWThunder (05-15-2014),Ferris Bueller (05-15-2014)

  12. #41
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by GangsterDemon View Post
    I have no problem with gay people, as long as they stay away from me... I dont mind gay people, but I do not think it is natural, if it was, gay people could get pregnant and have their own kids or have a way of reproducing, which they dont. This is why I think some female dogs are retarded, becuase they start humping things, and im like
    >_> Implying all relationships need to be the bare minimum of reproduction.

    Again, you probably don't have a problem with impotent people, yet gays are "not natural" lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Not for me. If someone else is into it then whatever, just stop fucking throwing it in my face. You don't see straight people having a "straight parade". You don't see straight people introducing themselves as "Hi, I'm Bob and I like women". You don't see straight people acting OVERLY masculine just because they are straight.

    I'm sick of Gay people acting like they need all this fucking attention. Just act like a fucking person and love/fuck who you want that's down for it PRIVATELY. All of this shit should stay in the fucking bedroom.
    Which is understandable and I agree.

    Attention seekers are an annoyance.

    Quote Originally Posted by nevs666 View Post
    Are you really asking what justifies the reasoning for not letting adults married children? How about they are not physically or mentally ready for such a thing, that is the sole reasoning behind it. How can you equate the crime of pedophilia, to two CONSENTING ADULT'S that want to get married that just happen to be of the same gender?
    Nevs I have to say that this should not be surprising.

    If someone is to use the slippery slope fallacy, they usually don't understand why certain things are considered immoral in the first place.

    This is also a lot of the reason people rely on religion for their position. Because religion is a "well it says so" answer. It has no ultimate reasoning or chain of logic, it's simply "god said this is wrong, so it is".

    I hate to say it, but this is a common trend among christians, maybe I should make a thread.
    Last edited by Empire; 05-16-2014 at 03:14 AM.


  13. #42
    BurningAshes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In ma house
    Posts
    3,089
    Reputation
    121
    Thanks
    310
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by 666HiddenMaster666 View Post


    Love isn't physical



    You're the one not making sense
    Yeah, but why can women have babies and men can't? cause that's how it's suppose to be .


  14. #43
    666HiddenMaster666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    14,463
    Reputation
    953
    Thanks
    1,854
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by BurningAshes View Post
    Yeah, but why can women have babies and men can't? cause that's how it's suppose to be .
    For the reproduction of animals that require sexual reproduction
    So what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Troll nomination. Allah and Muhammad for 1400 years of bullshit.

  15. #44
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Kia8 View Post


    This is precisely what I'm talking about. If we don't have boundaries for what is acceptable and what is unacceptable, then why shouldn't a man and child get married? What gives you, the government, or a religion the right to say that it's wrong? Society needs boundaries in order to maintain it's morality and keep from becoming animalistic.
    So is there anything wrong with being gay or getting married as a gay couple then?

    I see nothing different than a regular marriage, all I see is someone who doesn't have an actual reason for why gays shouldn't be married, but keeps putting general responses like "society will crumble" or w/e.


  16. #45
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,560
    Reputation
    2912
    Thanks
    5,336
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kia8 View Post


    I'm saying that homosexuality has a negative impact upon the sanctity of marriage, not that it necessarily will lead to those things.
    Who gives a shit about sanctity in the 21st century. What's gonna happen if I marry a dude and fuck him up the ass every third hour?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast