Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Please, half of Americans believe Obama is the cause of every thing.
    The funny thing is most of them don't even know politics... yet they still try to argue like they do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    Valid keys, he gave me one himself.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    In my opinion, they should higher the voting age. Realistically speaking, the majority of the teenagers today are not into politics. At a young age, teenagers are not knowledgeable enough when it comes to politics. Being educated is essential when it comes to voting, you have to exactly know who are you voting for and why. Not just sketching the ballot just cause this specific politician appears to T.V. every time. In conclusion, it would be a horrible idea to lower the voting age since teenagers are easily influenced and manipulated by other people. Hence, will play a huge factor when it comes to voting.

=========================Omega good job!========================

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Being sixteen years old, lowering the voting age would be a horrific idea seeing as my peers and I are idiotic children who mask themselves in bravado to attempt to blind others from seeing our grand ignorance. This being a relatively futile task seeing as we're too easily persuaded by our role models, incapable of taking the initiative in any kind of decision, and seem to be either too stubborn to see a separate perspective of a situation other than our own or too selfish to admit that another's decision/observation might actually be accurate and that we were wrong. However instead of trying to force our hand in a situation we know nothing about, i.e politics/economics, why don't our country's fucking government and leaders try to educate us on such matters. We have a supposedly mandatory public education but while I've been in the system all I have seen is our country's future losing prime opportunities into learning how our country works and what you can do to better it. Although the "educated, mature minority" of teenagers that you spoke of that could supposedly help the voting process would simply be lost in the system when the uneducated, immature majority spill into the voting booths. However even that educated minority is still subject to the obliviousness of what it means to live as a sixty-three year old Asian woman on Medicare, the couple with four children scraping by to pay off bills, or the family evicted from their home trying to survive on what they have. Although i'm not saying that the adult population has gone through such things, but they are better suited to debate such ideas seeing as they have a greater span of time spent with people who have seen others that were forsaken/prosperous with the laws set upon by our system. Instead try to educate us and mold us into model citizens who can accurately condemn/support decisions made by those who we have put into power and decide for ourselves how to govern ourselves.

>Don't lower the voting age.
    >Don't higher/lower the enlistment age.
    >Teach us.
    >We may not be fully prepared for what comes, but we can sure as hell be better prepared than an ignorant child thrust into the "real world".
    "A Man Who Is Too Afraid To Admit His Fears Is A Man Who Won't Overcome Them.
    There Is Liberty In Confession And Freedom In Acknowledgment."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12