Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 33
  1. #16
    Prometheois117's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Pshh, nothing personal, kid...
    Posts
    441
    Reputation
    24
    Thanks
    303
    They're working on a cure for Ebola now. It is treatable, with only a 50% chance death rate in 1st world countries.

    I'm fine because I don't spend my days knee-deep in my neighbors feces.

    If you need help hacking, please add me on Skype! I'd be glad to help anyone!*





     
    Quote Originally Posted by betterex View Post
    +vouch. Helped me learn how to use EggCrack and was fast about it :3
    Quote Originally Posted by tinyb0b View Post
    +Vouch Was really nice. Good trader. Gave Minecraft account quick and easily. Also helped me with an issue I had.

    Quote Originally Posted by PandaPlaysMC View Post
    +Vouch to Prometheois117, DOOD DIS GUYS DA BOMB, He gave me a Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaTrann View Post
    +Vouch He taught me how to use eggcrack right away when I added him on skype and he answered a ton of my questions LOL



     

    Understand if there is not an explanation of why you want to add me it will result in an instant block.
     
    My Skype is Tekkitear.

  2. #17
    Airmid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    female
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    69
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    33
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Apparently there are a couple potential vaccines that are going through human safety testing so I'm not too worried yet. That, and I live in Canada
     


    Madness is rare in individuals - but in groups, parties, nations, and ages, it is the rule.

  3. #18
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Airmid View Post
    Apparently there are a couple potential vaccines that are going through human safety testing so I'm not too worried yet. That, and I live in Canada
    Yeah, that's a lie.

    Vaccines would skip safety testing if they had a decent success rate.


  4. #19
    Airmid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    female
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    69
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    33
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    Yeah, that's a lie.

    Vaccines would skip safety testing if they had a decent success rate.
    How so? A vaccine that works for lab mice doesn't necessarily have the same effect for humans. Besides, it's just what I read in an article on WHO's website.
     


    Madness is rare in individuals - but in groups, parties, nations, and ages, it is the rule.

  5. #20
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Airmid View Post
    How so? A vaccine that works for lab mice doesn't necessarily have the same effect for humans.
    :/ Are you acting like scientist don't understand how to adapt a vaccine? Seriously?

    If it doesn't have a decent success rate then it's still in the very early stages of trial and is equivalent to having no vaccine at all.
    Last edited by Empire; 12-09-2014 at 09:49 AM.


  6. #21
    Airmid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    female
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    69
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    33
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    :/ Are you acting like scientist don't understand how to adapt a vaccine? Seriously?

    If it doesn't have a decent success rate then it's still in the very early stages of trial and is equivalent to having no vaccine at all.
    Scientists can't simply adapt a vaccine to fit the need for the entire human species... they're not that good unfortunately. Human trials alone consists of multiple stages that could span over several years. It's not only about success rate; they have to think about how our immune system responds to the vaccine, side-effects, and the safety and efficiency of the vaccine under certain conditions and over a period of time. I'm sure it's a more complicated and time-consuming procedure than we give them credit for.
    Last edited by Airmid; 12-09-2014 at 11:42 AM.
     


    Madness is rare in individuals - but in groups, parties, nations, and ages, it is the rule.

  7. #22
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Airmid View Post
    Scientists can't simply adapt a vaccine to fit the need for the entire human species... they're not that good unfortunately.
    What are you talking about? "entire human species"? It's a vaccine for one virus, and yeah, the take a vaccine that works and adapt it to fit human parameters.

    Quote Originally Posted by Airmid View Post
    Human trials alone consists of multiple stages that could span over several years. It's not only about success rate; they have to think about how our immune system responds to the vaccine, side-effects, and the safety and efficiency of the vaccine under certain conditions and over a period of time. I'm sure it's a more complicated and time-consuming procedure than we give them credit for.
    You are talking about pharmacology for over-the-counter drugs, not vaccines. Success rate in and not making it worse is all the ebola vaccine needs.

    I'm sure making the vaccine is a task in and of itself, but I didn't say anything to the contrary.


  8. #23
    αяgуяσѕ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    A Box
    Posts
    1,687
    Reputation
    64
    Thanks
    137
    My Mood
    Lurking
    My first question is how would they even make the vaccine.
    It can't really help the immune system because Ebola attacks the immune system like HIV does.
    You need to change the how your DNA of the cells to make it so the Ebola cannot bind to any of your cells which I can see only by gene therapy which is mainly only used for mutated genes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    Valid keys, he gave me one himself.

    ____________________________
    Need help? Pm me
    ___________________________
    Please Press The Thanks If I Helped

  9. #24
    cuckold cancer 8=D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Forever Ville.
    Posts
    9,868
    Reputation
    1699
    Thanks
    4,925
    Why do people make a big thing about Ebola? It's not the worst disease out there. I mean there are diseases that kill you in less then 7 hours. I mean just cause it's a media news you guys have to make a big ass deal about it.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to cuckold cancer 8=D For This Useful Post:

    Airmid (12-09-2014)

  11. #25
    Cosmo_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    123
    Reputation
    13
    Thanks
    18
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Illuminati!

  12. #26
    Source Unknown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    228
    Reputation
    49
    Thanks
    31
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by xaviar View Post
    Why do people make a big thing about Ebola? It's not the worst disease out there. I mean there are diseases that kill you in less then 7 hours. I mean just cause it's a media news you guys have to make a big ass deal about it.
    Simply because most of the people never heard of Ebola before. It appears to a typical person as a new incurable disease even though it is not. Hence, it would allow several companies to take advantage for it and tons of earn money. The more hype and attention Ebola will get, the more money they will earn.

    =========================Omega good job!========================

  13. #27
    Airmid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    female
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    69
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    33
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

    What are you talking about? "entire human species"? It's a vaccine for one virus, and yeah, the take a vaccine that works and adapt it to fit human parameters.
    Each person is different; not everyone reacts the same way to the vaccine. It may work for a few, but that may not be the case for the general population.


    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    You are talking about pharmacology for over-the-counter drugs, not vaccines. Success rate in and not making it worse is all the ebola vaccine needs.
    I would have to disagree with you there. I know people who have experienced side effects like headaches, rashes, and even fevers from vaccinations, and that's with vaccines that are already considered safe and licensed, never mind ones that are only going through human trials. When you are getting an immunization shot, you are essentially injecting a weakened form of the virus into your body - I'm sure there are bound to be some unwanted side-effects if it was not properly developed
     


    Madness is rare in individuals - but in groups, parties, nations, and ages, it is the rule.

  14. #28
    αяgуяσѕ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    A Box
    Posts
    1,687
    Reputation
    64
    Thanks
    137
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by xaviar View Post
    Why do people make a big thing about Ebola? It's not the worst disease out there. I mean there are diseases that kill you in less then 7 hours. I mean just cause it's a media news you guys have to make a big ass deal about it.
    Diseases?
    Ebola is one of the worst things to ever have.
    The issue isn't because of how lethal, but the fact that most people don't know how Ebola spreads and there are no cures for it.
    Most diseases you speak of don't really transfer really well between humans.
    If you get infected with Ebola you have a 90% of dying because there is no cure.

    The top killing diseases are Viruses...
    Also the Spanish Flu had a killing rate of 10% and you see how it killed a lot of people.
    Last edited by αяgуяσѕ; 12-09-2014 at 09:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    Valid keys, he gave me one himself.

    ____________________________
    Need help? Pm me
    ___________________________
    Please Press The Thanks If I Helped

  15. #29
    αяgуяσѕ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    A Box
    Posts
    1,687
    Reputation
    64
    Thanks
    137
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Airmid View Post
    Each person is different; not everyone reacts the same way to the vaccine. It may work for a few, but that may not be the case for the general population.



    I would have to disagree with you there. I know people who have experienced side effects like headaches, rashes, and even fevers from vaccinations, and that's with vaccines that are already considered safe and licensed, never mind ones that are only going through human trials. When you are getting an immunization shot, you are essentially injecting a weakened form of the virus into your body - I'm sure there are bound to be some unwanted side-effects if it was not properly developed
    Vaccines are no where "cures" you have to understand that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    Valid keys, he gave me one himself.

    ____________________________
    Need help? Pm me
    ___________________________
    Please Press The Thanks If I Helped

  16. #30
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Airmid View Post
    Each person is different; not everyone reacts the same way to the vaccine. It may work for a few, but that may not be the case for the general population.
    Ok you are either misunderstanding how vaccines work or how human anatomy/physiology is. I'm not sure which at this point.

    Quote Originally Posted by Airmid View Post
    I would have to disagree with you there. I know people who have experienced side effects like headaches, rashes, and even fevers from vaccinations, and that's with vaccines that are already considered safe and licensed, never mind ones that are only going through human trials.
    Yes, well every medication has the potential for allergic reactions(which you can test beforehand or monitor responses) and adverse side effects. This ranges from tynelol to morphine and nothing is excluded. That's not really an issue with the vaccine, that's an issue with the administration staff giving it. Really all you have to do is either provide counters or test beforehand.

    Quote Originally Posted by Airmid View Post
    When you are getting an immunization shot, you are essentially injecting a weakened form of the virus into your body - I'm sure there are bound to be some unwanted side-effects if it was not properly developed
    You are talking more on the "immunization" than the "cure' form.


Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Disucssion about "Death To America"
    By Dave84311 in forum Islam vs Western World
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 11-12-2006, 11:37 AM
  2. "Death To America"
    By Dave84311 in forum General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-08-2006, 03:27 PM
  3. the internet for america is fucked.
    By OMGH4X in forum Spammers Corner
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-23-2006, 12:12 PM
  4. America Haters Look HERE FFS
    By sf0d in forum General
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 07-18-2006, 03:55 PM
  5. America's Army aimbot
    By garebear in forum General Game Hacking
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-30-2005, 05:52 PM