Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    Ok you are either misunderstanding how vaccines work or how human anatomy/physiology is. I'm not sure which at this point.
    It would appear I am not the only one. When they conduct human trials, there is a reason they test it with a small group of subjects and once more with a larger group consisting of hundreds of people across different locations. The results will obviously not be the same for everyone and if it does not work or causes side-effects to a significant number of people, they will have to go back into the developing stages. For example, if you and I were test subjects and they injected us with the same vaccine, your immune system may develop antibodies and you will become immune to disease while I could not and instead, I end up having a greater chance of contracting the virus (this was the case for an experimental HIV vaccine a few years ago).

Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    You are talking more on the "immunization" than the "cure' form.
    The purpose of a vaccine is to provide immunity against the disease(s). Not cure it. If you are already infected with the virus, there is nothing a vaccine can do, unfortunately.
    Last edited by Airmid; 12-10-2014 at 01:17 PM.

Madness is rare in individuals - but in groups, parties, nations, and ages, it is the rule.

☬Ξη†τσρîζ Ζσ♍βîε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    So. Much. Misinformation.

First of all, Ebola is nowhere near a kinship to HIV (I'm talking to you D3D). It does not simply attack the immune system, it alters cell-surface receptors and eventually fuses with the cellular membrane. It is able to overcome and rewrite the individual RNA of specific cellular structures to replicate. In essence, it turns your body into a feeding ground, eventually breaking down your individual cells and reorganizing them to become the virus. That's the most dumbed-down version I can give you.

Also, there are more than one type of vaccine. Prophylactic vaccines are created for immunization purposes. Therapeutic vaccines are created to assist in removing the mutated cells and controlling the spread of by giving the immune system a protein synthase to target. Cures can be created out of vaccines, but they are not the same. Also, the testing of a vaccine takes between 10 and 15 years, which includes the several years of laboratory research to simply find a "possible" antigen that "might assist" in the finding of a link between said antigen, and the vaccine. The first phase which includes animal AND human trials takes at least two years. Then on to phase II, which is where the PUBLIC can apply to be in the trial of the vaccine. This takes another several years. THEN there is ANOTHER trial that allows the application of tens of thousands of people globally. Another several years.

The only vaccine that is not under this scrutiny is influenza. The flu. That's the only vaccine that takes less time than this procedure. No, vaccines are NOT being researched, by the way, TREATMENTS are. No one is trying to stop Ebola, they're trying to help those who already have it and make it less lethal. That is almost ALWAYS the first step to vaccination anyway, treat the ones who have it, use them to find the antigen. It's basic virology.

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    if ebola manages to infect south america,gg wp
    but news didnt talked about it like 3 months ago,m8?
    I Commited a great mistake,now i have to pay the price,Wish me luck,if something happens to me,i shall remain inactive for MPGH's entire lifetime.
    25/2/15 12:30 PM
    At Santiago
    im doomed to die.
    bye bye.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123