Poll: Yes or no?

Thread: Religion

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Shocked
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcat911 View Post
    I really don't believe in science's "theories"

theories like the big bang and evolution will never have enough evidence to ever be considered a fact there also will have to be many changes to these theories as we become more advanced

and science won't ever be able to explain the way we got here as much as you think we will

the whole purpose of science is to explain nature and better ourselves

science does and can improve our lives but any conclusion about how we came about is not necessarily fact and can't be explained

as far as science ever disproving religion

if you think science has or will disprove God you are gravely mistaken

you see scientific method is something you can't apply to religion

i could say "I BELIEVE IN ZEUS" and you can not ever come up with proof zeus does not exsist

what im getting at is science and religion are not and should not be in a war to try to disprove each other all that does is stop progress

being a firm christian i believe if you are a major atheist i realize i can't change you i realize that the atheist mind differs greatly of that from a devout christian

I really do not even try to convert those firm atheists the fact is there is no evidence disproving the existence of god there however is to them.

Hey bro bro, science has proven the big bang. =) Or atleast some big explosion took place about 13 billion years ago that caused the biggest evolution in particles ever. It took a small super dense singularity and expanded it exponentially, creating GREAT amounts of heat, destroying all pliable particulate material for atleast a few seconds. As the mass of plasma we now call the universe began cooling, whole particles were able to form, simple, but whole. Hydrogen came first, then helium, then thanks to large masses of dust compressing into today's stars, we were able to achieve higher elements such as Lead and Gold. And now we're about 4 Billion years into the life of earth, (This discovered via carbon dating.) Meaning that the Earth formed about 9 billion years after the big bang.

If any part of that allowed for the existence of "god" or "satan" please inform me.

Also if you are a "devout" christian, be aware that the bible states that ALL creation was made 10,000 years ago. But for some reason here at earth we can pick up 13 billion year old microwave background radiation. Go figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
    I am the tyranny of evil men, and you are all the weak. But i'm trying Ringo,i'm trying real hard, to become the shepherd.
    excuse me miss, would you kindly reflect some photons off the epidermis covering your sternum directly into the camera iris or vacate the proximity immediately

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovecookies View Post
    And now we're about 4 Billion years into the life of earth, (This discovered via carbon dating.)
    Just nit-picking

Age of the universe:
    13.7 ± 0.13 billon years

The earths age is estimated to be 4.54 billion years give or take 1%, we don't use carbon dating to determine the age of the earth, we use radiometric dating.
    Carbon dating is only used to determine the age of things less than 60,000 years old. Carbon dating has been known to given faulty results based on the geographic origin of the sample (This is of course taken into consider when dating samples), normally I wouldn't mention this because it's superfluous information but creationists often like to bring up improperly dated samples as evidence that "science is wrong".
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

Thanks
    My Mood
    Shocked
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    Just nit-picking

Age of the universe:
    13.7 ± 0.13 billon years

The earths age is estimated to be 4.54 billion years give or take 1%, we don't use carbon dating to determine the age of the earth, we use radiometric dating.
    Carbon dating is only used to determine the age of things less than 60,000 years old. Carbon dating has been known to given faulty results based on the geographic origin of the sample (This is of course taken into consider when dating samples), normally I wouldn't mention this because it's superfluous information but creationists often like to bring up improperly dated samples as evidence that "science is wrong".
    Right on for the pick me up, after having just finished out my chemistry class I should've remembered the carbon dating limit. But yeah, you're right on everything stated. I just find it ridiculous people are ready to DIE for shit they don't fully understand.

If people would open their eyes they would see Religion is simply a ploy created by man to do what? That's right! Generate economic stimulation. There have been multi-million dollar churches built because "god needs a nicer home" that shit is ridiculous. If there is a god he doesn't need a house to fucking love you. God is in all of us apparently, so why should I give 15% of my shit to keep his house open when apparently he's been rooming with me?

But aside from personal oppinion. <_< You jesus freaks need to look into that shit though seriously. Everything was created 10,000 years ago, but we have multi-million year old fossils found of an ancient bacteria off the coast of Australia.

EDIT! This isn't to attack religion. Because well, we all need something to keep us from going fucking loony. But seriously, atleast make it your own. Like me, I could dig the whole buddhism thing, but I don't like the idea of false promises such as "a greater place after we die" Instead i'd prefer to just die as the Spartan warriors. In a beautiful death.
    Last edited by ilovecookies; 11-15-2009 at 02:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
    I am the tyranny of evil men, and you are all the weak. But i'm trying Ringo,i'm trying real hard, to become the shepherd.
    excuse me miss, would you kindly reflect some photons off the epidermis covering your sternum directly into the camera iris or vacate the proximity immediately

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12