View Poll Results: What will be the result of the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight on May 2?

Voters
9. This poll is closed
  • Mayweather wins by KO

    0 0%
  • Mayweather wins by decision

    2 22.22%
  • Pacquiao wins by KO

    3 33.33%
  • Pacquiao wins by decision

    4 44.44%
  • Draw

    0 0%
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Pengich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Banana under the sea
    Posts
    112
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    14
    My Mood
    Hot

    Thumbs up Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao

    So here it is the up coming fight days away, who would you bet on and why?

  2. #2
    Confluency's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    975
    Reputation
    59
    Thanks
    181
    My Mood
    Amused
    May-weather decision.

  3. #3
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    I'd love for Pac-man to win, but given the money and how boxing plays out, undoubtedly Mayweather by decision.

    Still, i'll put my bet on Pac because at least he's not a fucking douchebag.


  4. #4
    Farting Scum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    645
    Reputation
    58
    Thanks
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    I'd love for Pac-man to win, but given the money and how boxing plays out, undoubtedly Mayweather by decision.

    Still, i'll put my bet on Pac because at least he's not a fucking douchebag.
    Couldn't have said it better. But either way profit for both. Proudness for one.

  5. #5
    Ferris Bueller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    KFC
    Posts
    6,706
    Reputation
    409
    Thanks
    846
    My Mood
    Hot
    Mayweather won. Feel bad for the people who bet against him. It never pays to bet against the best.

    "“Religions are, by definition, metaphors, after all: God is a dream, a hope, a woman, an ironist, a father, a city, a house of many rooms, a watchmaker who left his prize chronometer in the desert, someone who loves you—even, perhaps, against all evidence, a celestial being whose only interest is to make sure your football team, army, business, or marriage thrives, prospers, and triumphs over all opposition. Religions are places to stand and look and act, vantage points from which to view the world. So none of this is happening. Such things could not occur. Never a word of it is literally true.” .”
    I was Martin Johnson

  6. #6
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
    Mayweather won. Feel bad for the people who bet against him. It never pays to bet against the best.
    Sadly he's not the best and people really need to stop saying that. If you watch boxing you'd know that Mayweather is a running joke.

    Mayweather stays in lightweight and has won the majority of his fights by gaming the compubox. Sure his record is impressive, but playing defensive and for compubox points isn't exactly in the "spirit" of the sport.

    To say he's anywhere near the other great fighters in boxing would be a lie.

    He's not even a contendor for other weight classes either.
    =========================================

    That coupled with his incredibly bad PR, makes him one of the worse athletes in the history of the sport. Well, at least for the sport.
    http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/05/us/flo...er-girlfriend/



    If you've seen one Mayweather fight, you've pretty much seen them all. His strategy is really just gaming points. He's not an out-boxer, he's not a fighter, he's a scam.

    If boxing's rules didn't allow infinite clinching/hugging at the discretion of the ref(who cmon, you know isn't going to risk his job over making mayweather lose from points and ruin his "record"), then mayweather wouldn't have a streak.



    Just to note: At the end of this fight mayweather straight up runs away to game score by seconds.
    Last edited by Empire; 05-06-2015 at 09:24 PM.


  7. #7
    Ferris Bueller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    KFC
    Posts
    6,706
    Reputation
    409
    Thanks
    846
    My Mood
    Hot
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    Sadly he's not the best and people really need to stop saying that. If you watch boxing you'd know that Mayweather is a running joke.

    Mayweather stays in lightweight and has won the majority of his fights by gaming the compubox. Sure his record is impressive, but playing defensive and for compubox points isn't exactly in the "spirit" of the sport.

    To say he's anywhere near the other great fighters in boxing would be a lie.

    He's not even a contendor for other weight classes either.
    =========================================

    That coupled with his incredibly bad PR, makes him one of the worse athletes in the history of the sport. Well, at least for the sport.
    http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/05/us/flo...er-girlfriend/



    If you've seen one Mayweather fight, you've pretty much seen them all. His strategy is really just gaming points. He's not an out-boxer, he's not a fighter, he's a scam.

    If boxing's rules didn't allow infinite clinching/hugging at the discretion of the ref(who cmon, you know isn't going to risk his job over making mayweather lose from points and ruin his "record"), then mayweather wouldn't have a streak.

    So playing smart, strategically, and defensively makes him a scam?
    Mayweather is out there to win, not to entertain. He knows that as long as he plays his games safe he'll win.
    To dismiss the fact that he's one of the best defensive boxers in the history of the game is unfair.
    I don't like the guy personally nor do I enjoy watching him. However, stats don't lie.

    He might not be the best entertainer, but he is the best lightweight boxer today.

    "“Religions are, by definition, metaphors, after all: God is a dream, a hope, a woman, an ironist, a father, a city, a house of many rooms, a watchmaker who left his prize chronometer in the desert, someone who loves you—even, perhaps, against all evidence, a celestial being whose only interest is to make sure your football team, army, business, or marriage thrives, prospers, and triumphs over all opposition. Religions are places to stand and look and act, vantage points from which to view the world. So none of this is happening. Such things could not occur. Never a word of it is literally true.” .”
    I was Martin Johnson

  8. #8
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferris Bueller View Post


    So playing smart, strategically, and defensively makes him a scam?
    Mayweather is out there to win, not to entertain. He knows that as long as he plays his games safe he'll win. .
    Well also having the ref in his pocket kind of helps. His "games" only exist because boxing hasn't updated their rules to prevent the exploitation that FM is using.

    If you think this is real boxing, or that he's just "smarter" for doing this, you're wrong. The only reason. They ONLY reason he gets away with it is because at this point he can't be docked points. Because unless someone knocks him out, they won't win by points.(the ref/judges make sure of that).

    And at that weight class, it's pretty hard for someone to get a knockout versus a guy who is literally running away from you.


    Mayweather is out there to make money. He doesn't give a shit about the sport of boxing.



    Quote Originally Posted by Ferris Bueller View Post

    To dismiss the fact that he's one of the best defensive boxers in the history of the game is unfair.
    I don't like the guy personally nor do I enjoy watching him. However, stats don't lie.

    He might not be the best entertainer, but he is the best lightweight boxer today.
    He's one of the best defensive boxers. Sure. But he's not the best defensive boxer in the history of the game.


    "Stats don't lie" Uh. yeah, they do. That's why you should probably notice that FM has fought the same 5 people the majority of his career.

    Statistics is a very important class for you to take, i'd wish for you to take it already.


  9. #9
    Deity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    692
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    56
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Biased AF match.

  10. #10
    aaronc2094's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    21
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Everyone wanted a Pacquiao win.

  11. #11
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronc2094 View Post
    Everyone wanted a Pacquiao win.
    That's because nobody really likes FM


  12. #12
    aaronc2094's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    21
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    That's because nobody really likes FM
    True, it's 'cause he's arrogant.

  13. #13
    Money is the Motto, Success is the Goal.
    MPGH Member
    loko978's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    13.2453.54851
    Posts
    559
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    89
    My Mood
    Amazed
    FM is too cocky i wanted Manny to win hes humble and nice guy.
    ★★★★★|AMAZON REFUNDING eBOOK|EASY|PICTURES EXAMPLES|SCRIPT|TIPS|MORE|★★★★★

    Trades:6
    Sold:3
    Bought:0

     
    Vouches:
    Quote Originally Posted by windstrukt View Post
    Traded with loko. We used OMM Hugo Boss and it went really smooth and quick. +1 vouch.


  14. #14
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronc2094 View Post
    True, it's 'cause he's arrogant.
    I don't think "arrogance" is his main downside.

    I think it's more that he's not a good role model by any stretch of the imagination.


  15. #15
    AdmiralBoost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    40
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    1
    Money knows how to win, he doesn't care how he wins, as long as he wins. 48-0.

Similar Threads

  1. Floyd Mayweather VS. Jermain Taylor
    By ShunnyBun in forum MMA / UFC Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-14-2015, 07:59 AM
  2. Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquio
    By Hero in forum General
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-21-2015, 04:00 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-14-2013, 09:51 AM
  4. Floyd Mayweather Jr vs Robert Guerrero
    By Wyo in forum General
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 05-05-2013, 07:31 PM
  5. Manny Pacquiao hates gays
    By Saboteur in forum General
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-19-2012, 08:26 AM

Tags for this Thread