Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 234
  1. #136
    barklolbark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    331
    Reputation
    14
    Thanks
    12
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    How about peddle through some of this thread and find it yourself.
    Or you can stop saying I have no argument, because my logic is in my first post, and the first 2 have yet to be disproved.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Pretty much anything can be tradition..so you're wrong there.

    And he is attempting to disprove a belief held by billions of people all over the world..
    and I may share the exact same beliefs amongst a great number of these people,
    so yeah..he kind of is.

    I understand you would like to side with the Athiest,
    but let's be unbiased here my friend.
    So you now base you beliefs on how popular they are? Nice.

  2. #137
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,518
    Reputation
    1850
    Thanks
    3,160
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by barklolbark View Post
    Or you can stop saying I have no argument, because my logic is in my first post, and the first 2 have yet to be disproved.




    So you now base you beliefs on how popular they are? Nice.
    See I never said you have no arguement, because surely you do.
    You just have no proof.

    /end of story.

    Quote Originally Posted by Coeus View Post
    > implying I said anything couldn't be tradition




    You said faith isn't..look up the definition sometime then come back saying that again.
    Last edited by Ethereal; 02-01-2011 at 01:54 PM.

  3. #138
    barklolbark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    331
    Reputation
    14
    Thanks
    12
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    See I never said you have no arguement, because surely you do.
    You just have no proof.

    /end of story.
    My logic is my proof. If you cannot disprove my logic, then your God does not exist. It's as simple as that.

    Also, if you want to attempt to prove that God exists, thus making my whole stand on this issue false, you have to prove him with evidence or by disproving my logic. Good luck.

  4. #139
    Stoney Franklin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    p-town
    Posts
    1,640
    Reputation
    18
    Thanks
    72
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by barklolbark View Post
    My logic is my proof. If you cannot disprove my logic, then your God does not exist. It's as simple as that.

    Also, if you want to attempt to prove that God exists, thus making my whole stand on this issue false, you have to prove him with evidence or by disproving my logic. Good luck.
    why can't you just agree to disagree instead of being a stuck up lil 12 year old douche
    everyone has different views and one day you may feel like a complete idiot for posting the shit you posted
    grow up n stop trying to make everyone else that doesn't see shit like you feel worse life rolls on n shit
    You can quote me on this..when it comes to juggalos we're.....

    More than a charm n a chain we're like a crackpipe


    GOT SHIT TO SAY ABOUT THE JUGGALO FAMILY LISTEN TO THIS ONE SONG


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n2kY...eature=related

  5. #140
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,518
    Reputation
    1850
    Thanks
    3,160
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by barklolbark View Post
    My logic is my proof. If you cannot disprove my logic, then your God does not exist. It's as simple as that.

    Also, if you want to attempt to prove that God exists, thus making my whole stand on this issue false, you have to prove him with evidence or by disproving my logic. Good luck.
    I have no need to prove that God exists to you.
    In the scriptures it says not to preach to people that are not ready to accept God's sovereign will.

    Now,
    your logic comes from you finding some kind of loophole in the text of a book that you don't even believe in.
    So by you attempting to get your "proof" from a book that is supposedly nonsense in the first place just pretty much shoots down your so called logical argument.

    Find me physical, irrefutable proof that God does not exist.
    Until you do that, then you have not disproven God.
    You've only found what may or may not be a flaw in the way a prophet may or may not have viewed God's supernatural virtues.

    You could have at least been original btw.
    This argument is all over every Atheist site out there.

  6. #141
    Paroxysm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    4,455
    Reputation
    170
    Thanks
    282
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    The universe is governed by logic, things that are logically contradictory do not exist in our universe. If God is defined having contradictory properties then he cannot exist in this universe. Simple as that.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

  7. #142
    TheBrightnezz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    much
    Posts
    538
    Reputation
    3
    Thanks
    12
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    The universe is governed by logic, things that are logically contradictory do not exist in our universe. If God is defined having contradictory properties then he cannot exist in this universe. Simple as that.
    Hmmm no. Governed by "logic" really wouldn't be the term. Since logic is really just a term to get as close as reality as it can.

    I would say its "governed" by reality.

  8. #143
    Alen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Liquid Generator
    Posts
    27,930
    Reputation
    2539
    Thanks
    4,216
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    The universe is governed by logic, things that are logically contradictory do not exist in our universe. If God is defined having contradictory properties then he cannot exist in this universe. Simple as that.
    There are so many seemingly chaotic laws that cannot be explained by "logic" that I wouldn't claim that just yet.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    You said faith isn't..look up the definition sometime then come back saying that again.
    Read what I said. Slowly this time. I never said faith didn't contribute to tradition, I just said tradition isn't faith (note: define:implication).

  9. #144
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,518
    Reputation
    1850
    Thanks
    3,160
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Coeus View Post
    There are so many seemingly chaotic laws that cannot be explained by "logic" that I wouldn't claim that just yet.



    Read what I said. Slowly this time. I never said faith didn't contribute to tradition, I just said tradition isn't faith (note: define:implication).
    Keep trying to weasel your way out of it bro.
    I admire your persistence.

  10. #145
    barklolbark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    331
    Reputation
    14
    Thanks
    12
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    I have no need to prove that God exists to you.
    In the scriptures it says not to preach to people that are not ready to accept God's sovereign will.

    Now,
    your logic comes from you finding some kind of loophole in the text of a book that you don't even believe in.
    So by you attempting to get your "proof" from a book that is supposedly nonsense in the first place just pretty much shoots down your so called logical argument.

    Find me physical, irrefutable proof that God does not exist.
    Until you do that, then you have not disproven God.
    You've only found what may or may not be a flaw in the way a prophet may or may not have viewed God's supernatural virtues.

    You could have at least been original btw.
    This argument is all over every Atheist site out there.
    For someone so eager to disprove my standpoint and prove that God doesn't not exist, you do like to make outrageous claims. I'm trying to figure out when anyone said you couldn't disprove something by using the logic that thing is based on; isn't that how you disprove ANYTHING?

    You could have at least been original, btw. This religion is all over every polytheistic religion out there.

  11. #146
    Alen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Liquid Generator
    Posts
    27,930
    Reputation
    2539
    Thanks
    4,216
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Keep trying to weasel your way out of it bro.
    I admire your persistence.
    Not weaseling my way out of anything. Go reread my posts, nothing has been edited.

  12. #147
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,518
    Reputation
    1850
    Thanks
    3,160
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Coeus View Post
    Not weaseling my way out of anything. Go reread my posts, nothing has been edited.
    Ok dude, I see where you're going with it..
    but you're still not right..

    Tradition:
    The handing down of statements, beliefs, legends, customs, information, etc., from generation to generation, esp. by word of mouth or by practice: a story that has come down to us by popular tradition.

    Belief is the foundation of faith. So how is it not tradition?



    Quote Originally Posted by barklolbark View Post
    For someone so eager to disprove my standpoint and prove that God doesn't not exist, you do like to make outrageous claims.
    Kind of like how you claim to disprove God eh?

    It's as Paroxysm said, if the universe is ruled by logic (supposedly)
    Then why would God do something that goes against this logic?

    The idea that the universe has an infinite past stretching back in time into infinity is both philosophically and scientifically problematic; all indications are that there is a point in time at which the universe began to exist. This beginning must either have been caused or uncaused. It cannot have been uncaused, though, for the idea of an uncaused event is absurd; nothing comes from nothing. The universe must therefore have been brought into existence by something outside it. The argument thus confirms one element of Judaism and Christianity.

    Prove me otherwise. You really can't, just like I can't prove or disprove the Big-Bang theory
    Consequently, I cannot prove the scenario presented above about a creator either.

    Oh well.
    Last edited by Ethereal; 02-01-2011 at 11:55 PM.

  13. #148
    Stoney Franklin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    p-town
    Posts
    1,640
    Reputation
    18
    Thanks
    72
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Ok dude, I see where you're going with it..


    faith is the foundation of belief
    fixed it for you
    faith is not tradition faith is personal you can say you believe in god because your family taught you the scripture as a kid but in the end you can only have faith out of personal choice
    they teach that in church don't they?
    You can quote me on this..when it comes to juggalos we're.....

    More than a charm n a chain we're like a crackpipe


    GOT SHIT TO SAY ABOUT THE JUGGALO FAMILY LISTEN TO THIS ONE SONG


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n2kY...eature=related

  14. #149
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,518
    Reputation
    1850
    Thanks
    3,160
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoney Franklin View Post


    fixed it for you
    faith is not tradition faith is personal you can say you believe in god because your family taught you the scripture as a kid but in the end you can only have faith out of personal choice
    they teach that in church don't they?
    Yes of course, but in theory it still begins by something being handed down to you.
    Without having this, then it wouldn't be possible to have faith to begin with..

    Meh w/e it's not important or relevant to this thread one way or the other.

  15. #150
    barklolbark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    331
    Reputation
    14
    Thanks
    12
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Kind of like how you claim to disprove God eh?

    It's as Paroxysm said, if the universe is ruled by logic (supposedly)
    Then why would God do something that goes against this logic?

    The idea that the universe has an infinite past stretching back in time into infinity is both philosophically and scientifically problematic; all indications are that there is a point in time at which the universe began to exist. This beginning must either have been caused or uncaused. It cannot have been uncaused, though, for the idea of an uncaused event is absurd; nothing comes from nothing. The universe must therefore have been brought into existence by something outside it. The argument thus confirms one element of Judaism and Christianity.


    Prove me otherwise. You really can't, just like I can't prove or disprove the Big-Bang theory
    Consequently, I cannot prove the scenario presented above about a creator either.

    Oh well.
    Argument of Ignorance won't help you win an argument. If you, once again, read the title, it says a disproof of YOUR God, not a disprove of a creator. You love to take things out of context, and when I tell you of such coincidences you get angry. Oh yeah, and a beginning before a beginning must exist with your God as well, or he can't exist within this universe, meaning he isn't omnipresent, once again disproving your God.

    If I were to suggest that between the Earth and Mars there is a china teapot revolving about the sun in an elliptical orbit, nobody would be able to disprove my assertion provided I were careful to add that the teapot is too small to be revealed even by our most powerful telescopes. But if I were to go on to say that, since my assertion cannot be disproved, it is an intolerable presumption on the part of human reason to doubt it, I should rightly be thought to be talking nonsense. If, however, the existence of such a teapot were affirmed in ancient books, taught as the sacred truth every Sunday, and instilled into the minds of children at school, hesitation to believe in its existence would become a mark of eccentricity and entitle the doubter to the attentions of the psychiatrist in an enlightened age or of the Inquisitor in an earlier time. - Bertrand Russel
    Last edited by barklolbark; 02-02-2011 at 02:11 AM.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast