Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 234
  1. #106
    Synchromanica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The internet.
    Posts
    5,120
    Reputation
    152
    Thanks
    615
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Premise 1: God is omnipotent, omniscient and omnibenevolent

    Inference: God has the power to convince me of his existence, knows how best to convince me of his existence, and desires to convince me of his existence

    Premise 2: I'm not convinced of God's existence

    Conclusion: God does not possess the attributes in Premise 1. Ergo, God does not exist.
    God doesn't force shit down your throat like what you're doing.

    The only thing that makes God what he is, is his consciousness. Now imagine that his consciousness is completely immutable. If we are to use the analogy of the movie again, his consciousness would be a still frame picture, except that you can't see the photo because he isn't physical.
    If we are to use the analogy of the movie again, we could say his consciousness would be a CD that doesn't stop spinning, therefore, creating an infinite loop, THEREFORE, disproving your theory that God isn't concious false. It will replay over and over, over a long period of time. Kind of like the Big Bang theory right? If you don't get what I mean, search it, how in a few billion years, the process will restart.

    2.) If god is all powerful, he can limit his omniscience.

    3.) If god is able to limit his omniscience, then he is not actually omniscient - and, therefore, not a god. If he cannot limit his omniscience, then he is not omnipotent - and therefore not a god. Either way your god's existance is an impossibility.
    I don't get this part. If I want to limit myself to movement, then I'll just put on weights, when I'm done, I'll take it off. Understand my metaphor? If not, then here. God can limit himself, just as easily as we can.

  2. #107
    Casavir's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Athens,Greece
    Posts
    1,261
    Reputation
    23
    Thanks
    168
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Actually, if you researched a little and didn't listen to dumbasses,
    you might know that the U.S. has a massive abundance of oil.
    The problem is getting it out of the ground without causing a shitstorm.
    I know,but you get a lot of oil from Saudi Arabia.It could cripple the economy if you and the rest of the world stopped
    Quote Originally Posted by Armalite42 View Post
    I am the sperm that won
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    Surprisingly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    whoever made this thread... you just got owned by Casavir...
    Ὦ ξεῖν', ἀγγέλλειν Λακεδαιμονίοις ὅτι τῇδε κείμεθα, τοῖς κείνων ῥήμασι πειθόμενοι.

    50% Spartan,50% Macedonian.100% Greek

  3. #108
    Margherita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    female
    Posts
    11,306
    Reputation
    783
    Thanks
    1,282
    My Mood
    Bashful
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    Well you see God is like Santa Claus, the rich kids always get more presents.
    Lol I guess your right. I mean Santa is more important though obvi he gives us all the stuff.
    PM Me | VM Me | Rules

    MARGHERITA

  4. #109
    Alen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Liquid Generator
    Posts
    27,930
    Reputation
    2539
    Thanks
    4,216
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    God doesn't force shit down your throat like what you're doing.
    He wouldn't have to force anything.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    If we are to use the analogy of the movie again, we could say his consciousness would be a CD that doesn't stop spinning, therefore, creating an infinite loop, THEREFORE, disproving your theory that God isn't concious false. It will replay over and over, over a long period of time. Kind of like the Big Bang theory right? If you don't get what I mean, search it, how in a few billion years, the process will restart.
    You're altering the premise that he is timeless.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    I don't get this part. If I want to limit myself to movement, then I'll just put on weights, when I'm done, I'll take it off. Understand my metaphor? If not, then here. God can limit himself, just as easily as we can.
    Limited God != God hence God doesn't exist =/

  5. #110
    Mouzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Saegertown
    Posts
    9,151
    Reputation
    520
    Thanks
    2,036
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Coeus View Post
    http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/eco_gdp-economy-gdp

    Look at my link. His link was deleted.

  6. #111
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,518
    Reputation
    1850
    Thanks
    3,160
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Coeus View Post


    Limited God != God hence God doesn't exist =/
    Lol..that's kinda silly my friend.

    Don't you think if God didn't practice limiting his power,
    that he would just pretty much obliterate the universe by sneezing?


  7. #112
    TheBrightnezz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    much
    Posts
    538
    Reputation
    3
    Thanks
    12
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Para DICE View Post
    America outranks saudia arabia? LOLOLOL ok bro ok.
    In what way does it not?

  8. #113
    Alen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Liquid Generator
    Posts
    27,930
    Reputation
    2539
    Thanks
    4,216
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Lol..that's kinda silly my friend.

    Don't you think if God didn't practice limiting his power,
    that he would just pretty much obliterate the universe by sneezing?

    Not the same thing, he can still have his mega-sneeze power but not use it. If he removes his powers though his definition comes to a contradiction.

  9. #114
    Comet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    MPGH
    Posts
    6,433
    Reputation
    376
    Thanks
    801
    My Mood
    Amazed
    God is real.
    nuff said.

  10. #115
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,518
    Reputation
    1850
    Thanks
    3,160
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Coeus View Post
    Not the same thing, he can still have his mega-sneeze power but not use it. If he removes his powers though his definition comes to a contradiction.




    Well here is my argument.
    Whoever made the observation that God "Is not capable" of certain things that go against his nature makes little sense to me personally, considering that in the OT God had ordered men to do acts of violence, and even killing.
    So..someone is wrong, or confused. I just don't have a clue.
    There was stuff in the OT that made me want to alienate myself from religion altogether at one time in my life. I'm just not concerned with it anymore.

  11. #116
    Saboteur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    29,383
    Reputation
    5235
    Thanks
    7,571
    My Mood
    Grumpy
    i am your (pagan) god.



    VIP Support // May 2011
    CF Minion // January 2012
    Newsforce // August 2012
    Minion+ // March 2013
    Moderator // August 2014
    Former Staff // January 2015
    General Minion // July 2015
    Publicist // December 2015


  12. #117
    barklolbark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    331
    Reputation
    14
    Thanks
    12
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"][SIZE="2"]

    God doesn't force shit down your throat like what you're doing.
    There's a difference between forcing and informing.


    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"][SIZE="2"]If we are to use the analogy of the movie again, we could say his consciousness would be a CD that doesn't stop spinning, therefore, creating an infinite loop, THEREFORE, disproving your theory that God isn't concious false. It will replay over and over, over a long period of time. Kind of like the Big Bang theory right? If you don't get what I mean, search it, how in a few billion years, the process will restart.
    The universe isn't claiming to have a conscience, how are you comparing a being claiming to be conscient to something that isn't?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    I don't get this part. If I want to limit myself to movement, then I'll just put on weights, when I'm done, I'll take it off. Understand my metaphor? If not, then here. God can limit himself, just as easily as we can.
    But if he limits himself, he is no longer God. He is limiting something that makes him God, which would not make him God anymore. Using your analogy, it would be like putting a box of weights on yourself, but with those weights the key is also in that box.
    Last edited by barklolbark; 01-30-2011 at 03:06 PM.

  13. #118
    Synchromanica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The internet.
    Posts
    5,120
    Reputation
    152
    Thanks
    615
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by barklolbark View Post
    The universe isn't claiming to have a conscience, how are you comparing a being claiming to be conscient to something that isn't?
    I wasn't claiming that the universe had a conscience. I was saying how you thought of it like a picture frame, which in a movie is one of many frames, but a CD has no frames, so it wouldn't be stuck.

  14. #119
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,518
    Reputation
    1850
    Thanks
    3,160
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by barklolbark View Post

    But if he limits himself, he is no longer God. He is limiting something that makes him God, which would not make him God anymore. Using your analogy, it would be like putting a box of weights on yourself, but with those weights the key is also in that box.
    I would think that God has to limit himself..
    Otherwise everything he created would keep getting destroyed perpetually.

  15. #120
    barklolbark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    331
    Reputation
    14
    Thanks
    12
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post


    I wasn't claiming that the universe had a conscience. I was saying how you thought of it like a picture frame, which in a movie is one of many frames, but a CD has no frames, so it wouldn't be stuck.
    So my senses are now a false polychotomy? Or are you saying that God has everything predetermined and he is basically a recording that will play repeatedly? OR are you still just trying to change the basis of the argument?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    I would think that God has to limit himself..
    Otherwise everything he created would keep getting destroyed perpetually.
    If God is all powerful, I think he can control himself. You're thinking of a bull in a china shop, but this idea is only a straw man. My proposal is upon whether or not he can limit his omniscience, not upon the results of him limiting his omnipotence.

    Also, this is a debate of logic. What you think is irrelevant, if I want people's opinion I will ask for it.
    Last edited by barklolbark; 01-30-2011 at 09:24 PM.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast