Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 234
  1. #121
    Zen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Eating a fucking burrito.
    Posts
    5,402
    Reputation
    239
    Thanks
    299
    My Mood
    Cynical
    why does it matter so much to people what others believe in? this thread is a facepalm in my opnion.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Zen For This Useful Post:

    thanks for all (01-30-2011)

  3. #122
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,518
    Reputation
    1850
    Thanks
    3,161
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by barklolbark View Post
    If God is all powerful, I think he can control himself. You're thinking of a bull in a china shop, but this idea is only a straw man. My proposal is upon whether or not he can limit his omniscience, not upon the results of him limiting his omnipotence.

    Also, this is a debate of logic. What you think is irrelevant, if I want people's opinion I will ask for it.

    Whatever dude.

    You have no answers either way. Nothing supporting your claims whatsoever.
    God is something people like yourself cannot grasp, because you are ruled by only logic.
    Not saying that there is anything wrong with that,
    but I do think that if people are not bothering anyone and forcing their beliefs down someones throat, maybe you should just let them be.

  4. #123
    Taoism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    98
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    17
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    religon should derive from nature and your inner self.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Taoism For This Useful Post:

    thanks for all (01-30-2011)

  6. #124
    TheBrightnezz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    much
    Posts
    538
    Reputation
    3
    Thanks
    12
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Taoism View Post
    religon should derive from nature and your inner self.
    I agree....

  7. #125
    barklolbark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    331
    Reputation
    14
    Thanks
    12
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Whatever dude.

    You have no answers either way. Nothing supporting your claims whatsoever.
    God is something people like yourself cannot grasp, because you are ruled by only logic.
    Not saying that there is anything wrong with that,
    but I do think that if people are not bothering anyone and forcing their beliefs down someones throat, maybe you should just let them be.
    "Should you argue that human logic does not apply to god - by the argument's reflexive properties - you argue you cannot trust your OWN concepts of god - and thus, you have no reason to believe in a god; because, if human logic cannot be trusted, neither can yours. In addition, if you believe your logic of god is trustworthy, but not another human's, you idolize yourself equivilent of a demigod - a feat which is condemned by Judeo-Christian religions and is thus impossible."

    Umad?

    Oh yeah, and technically you should be forcing religion down people's throats. After all, it says in the Bible to spread Christianity.

    "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

    Matthew 28:18-20

    Sorry, but you are once again showing the hypocrisy in your religion. Please read and re-read your post before making yourself look stupid. This is the debate section, not the whine when you are losing section. Though the 2 seem interchangeable.
    Last edited by barklolbark; 01-31-2011 at 10:23 PM.

  8. #126
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,518
    Reputation
    1850
    Thanks
    3,161
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by barklolbark View Post
    "Should you argue that human logic does not apply to god - by the argument's reflexive properties - you argue you cannot trust your OWN concepts of god - and thus, you have no reason to believe in a god; because, if human logic cannot be trusted, neither can yours. In addition, if you believe your logic of god is trustworthy, but not another human's, you idolize yourself equivilent of a demigod - a feat which is condemned by Judeo-Christian religions and is thus impossible."

    Umad?

    Oh yeah, and technically you should be forcing religion down people's throats. After all, it says in the Bible to spread Christianity.

    "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

    Matthew 28:18-20

    Sorry, but you are once again showing the hypocrisy in your religion. Please read and re-read your post before making yourself look stupid. This is the debate section, not the whine when you are losing section. Though the 2 seem interchangeable.
    Yes it says spread Christianity,
    not by force.

    as in Christs own words:

    "Do not cast pearls upon swine"

    God gives you free will, otherwise what is the point of the Devil's existence?
    everything before that I won't respond to,because you're just repeating yourself,
    and this little ping-pong match is getting redundant.
    You still have not disproved anything. So no. Not mad.
    Also, show me where I have whined.
    To win this debate, you need to do what you have claimed to do.
    Sorry, but you have failed to do so.
    Last edited by Ethereal; 01-31-2011 at 10:56 PM.

  9. #127
    barklolbark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    331
    Reputation
    14
    Thanks
    12
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Yes it says spread Chriatianity,
    not by force.

    as in Christs own words:

    "Do not cast pearls upon swine"

    everything before that I won't respond to,because you're just repeating yourself, and this little ping-pong match is getting redundant.
    You still have not disproved anything. So no. Not mad.
    But haven't I? You have no disproof my proof. If you can't disprove my proof, then my logic still stands. The only one I will say has been disproven is the third one.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Also, show me where I have whined.
    Oh..but I'm the dellusional one here. Riiiight.
    Hmmm...


    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Whatever dude.

    You have no answers either way. Nothing supporting your claims whatsoever.
    God is something people like yourself cannot grasp, because you are ruled by only logic.
    Not saying that there is anything wrong with that,
    but I do think that if people are not bothering anyone and forcing their beliefs down someones throat, maybe you should just let them be.

    It seems like your whining can be summed up as a last ditch attempt to make it seem as though you don't care that you can't prove me wrong, but really, it irks your deep down. When you are minoring in psychology, you learn a lot though.

    And what have I claimed to do? You refuse to accept natural logic, and I can't help you there. Maybe you should see a shrink, or probably a neurologist because this seems to be more embedded in your incapability to think, rather than something that has happened along in your life.
    Last edited by barklolbark; 01-31-2011 at 10:57 PM.

  10. #128
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,518
    Reputation
    1850
    Thanks
    3,161
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by barklolbark View Post
    But haven't I? You have no disproof my proof. If you can't disprove my proof, then my logic still stands. The only one I will say has been disproven is the third one.




    Hmmm...





    It seems like your whining can be summed up as a last ditch attempt to make it seem as though you don't care that you can't prove me wrong, but really, it irks your deep down. When you are minoring in psychology, you learn a lot though.

    And what have I claimed to do? You refuse to accept natural logic, and I can't help you there. Maybe you should see a shrink, or probably a neurologist because this seems to be more embedded in your incapability to think, rather than something that has happened along in your life.
    Really..
    I should see a shrink?
    You're the one that seems to have the obsessive traits going on bro.
    You seem obsessed with attempting to offend me in some way,
    or get me mad, considering how many times you typed: umad?
    Sorry to burst your bubble little guy, but not happening.

    I accept plenty of natural logic..I kind of need it in my studies,
    and I accept faith. If you can't wrap your head around faith, that's on you.
    You trying to use psychology and scientific notion to disprove God is useless.
    You have no clue what God is or what God is capable of.

  11. #129
    barklolbark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    331
    Reputation
    14
    Thanks
    12
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Really..
    I should see a shrink?
    You're the one that seems to have the obsessive traits going on bro.
    You seem obsessed with attempting to offend me in some way,
    or get me mad, considering how many times you typed: umad?
    Sorry to burst your bubble little guy, but not happening.

    I accept plenty of natural logic..I kind of need it in my studies,
    and I accept faith. If you can't wrap your head around faith, that's on you.
    You trying to use psychology and scientific notion to disprove God is useless.
    You have no clue what God is or what God is capable of.
    I've said "umad?" once. Faith is useless, blind, and stupid. Why would you believe in something that has no proof when you have another, more viable option that actually has proof.

    Oh, ya. You don't accept logic. You say I have no clue what God is or what God is capable of, but the truth is that since he doesn't exist, you are right. How can I have a clue about a non-existent being? This is comparative to terms that you have no idea what a unicorn can do, and what functions it body could serve for the human race; though it is understandable you don't, because unicorns simple do not exist alongside the human race.

    Please, continue in your attempts to disprove my logic.

  12. #130
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,518
    Reputation
    1850
    Thanks
    3,161
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by barklolbark View Post
    I've said "umad?" once. Faith is useless, blind, and stupid. Why would you believe in something that has no proof when you have another, more viable option that actually has proof.

    Oh, ya. You don't accept logic. You say I have no clue what God is or what God is capable of, but the truth is that since he doesn't exist, you are right. How can I have a clue about a non-existent being?

    Please, continue in your attempts to disprove my logic.
    actually, no.
    You've typed umad more then once. Not only on this thread.
    Faith is tradition, and it can be carried on peacefully.
    I could care less what you do, or any one else does.
    You have free will. Have fun.
    I will interject however, with my OPINIONS, when you claim you can disprove my beliefs.
    So far I've only seen you bend thngs out of context, and say:
    "nope you can't prove me wrong, I'm winnin"
    Narcissistic and obsessive. Yah, I need the shrink.

  13. #131
    barklolbark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    331
    Reputation
    14
    Thanks
    12
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    actually, no.
    You've typed umad more then once. Not only on this thread.
    Faith is tradition, and it can be carried on peacefully.
    I could care less what you do, or any one else does.
    You have free will. Have fun.
    I will interject however, with my OPINIONS, when you claim you can disprove my beliefs.
    So far I've only seen you bend thngs out of context, and say:
    "nope you can't prove me wrong, I'm winnin"
    Narcissistic and obsessive. Yah, I need the shrink.
    For example...?

    Or are you just going to sit there and spout.

  14. #132
    Swiftdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Illinois.
    Posts
    12,572
    Reputation
    1130
    Thanks
    2,980
    My Mood
    Cynical
    as a catholic i actually do see where youre going with this.
    Still love you Giggletron


  15. #133
    Alen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Liquid Generator
    Posts
    27,930
    Reputation
    2539
    Thanks
    4,216
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftdude View Post
    as a catholic i actually do see where youre going with this.
    I thought the title was clear enough?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Faith is tradition, and it can be carried on peacefully.
    [...]
    I will interject however, with my OPINIONS, when you claim you can disprove my beliefs.
    Faith created religion, religion affected the culture and traditions. Faith isn't tradition. It can be carried on peacefully but usually you're raise with it without being given a choice

    And he's not disproving your personal beliefs, he's just applying reason to commonly held beliefs.

  16. #134
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,518
    Reputation
    1850
    Thanks
    3,161
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by barklolbark View Post
    For example...?

    Or are you just going to sit there and spout.
    How about peddle through some of this thread and find it yourself.


    Quote Originally Posted by Coeus View Post
    I thought the title was clear enough?



    Faith created religion, religion affected the culture and traditions. Faith isn't tradition. It can be carried on peacefully but usually you're raise with it without being given a choice

    And he's not disproving your personal beliefs, he's just applying reason to commonly held beliefs.

    Pretty much anything can be tradition..so you're wrong there.

    And he is attempting to disprove a belief held by billions of people all over the world..
    and I may share the exact same beliefs amongst a great number of these people,
    so yeah..he kind of is.

    I understand you would like to side with the Athiest,
    but let's be unbiased here my friend.
    Last edited by Ethereal; 02-01-2011 at 11:50 AM.

  17. #135
    Alen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Liquid Generator
    Posts
    27,930
    Reputation
    2539
    Thanks
    4,216
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Pretty much anything can be tradition..so you're wrong there.
    > implying I said anything couldn't be tradition



    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    And he is attempting to disprove a belief held by billions of people all over the world..
    and I may share the exact same beliefs amongst a great number of these people,
    so yeah..he kind of is.
    Not if you don't attribute God what others do, you don't. You have your view on what "God" is, others have other views. He's using the "general" definitions to draw these conclusions that show the contradictions that arise.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    I understand you would like to side with the Athiest,
    but let's be unbiased here my friend.
    And I understand why you would like to side with the theists, but let's be unbaised here my friend.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast