Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 234
  1. #1
    barklolbark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    331
    Reputation
    14
    Thanks
    12
    My Mood
    Aggressive

    A Disproof of Your God.

    This thread is strictly for the discussion of the below logical arguments.

    Disproof of God #1
    Premise 1: God is omnipotent, omniscient and omnibenevolent

    Inference: God has the power to convince me of his existence, knows how best to convince me of his existence, and desires to convince me of his existence

    Premise 2: I'm not convinced of God's existence

    Conclusion: God does not possess the attributes in Premise 1. Ergo, God does not exist.

    Disproof of God #2
    (In depth)

    Premise 1: God is conscious
    • Quite simply, God is capable of thought and reason.

    Premise 2: God is timeless
    • God is not within space nor time, he is therefore timeless.
    • It is also claimed that god is eternal (without beginning or end; lasting forever; always existing). Eternity is not a property of time, therefore God is timeless (He cannot be a property of or within our universe, since it is finite).

    Premise 3: Consciousness is a process that is sequential in nature, and sequentiality is contingent upon time.
    • What is time? Time is basically a measurement of sequential relations. If we are to think of time as a movie, then the sequential relations are the relations that each frame of the movie has with each other. If there was no time, the whole movie would be one single frame, with no change whatsoever (immutable).
    • What is consciousness? It's a state that requires one to be able to mentally adapt, to change and interact: All of these require time, as something completely immutable cannot change, adapt nor interact.


    Conclusion: God is not conscious / God does not exist
    The implications of either conclusion is stark.
    The latter conclusion is obvious, but let us imagine that god is not conscious:
    • Imagine that you are looking at timelessness, what is "outside" our universe - God's territory.
    • God cannot be seen because he is not physical (he is a nonphysical being, spirit or consciousness) and he can't be heard, touched, felt etc because of that reason.
    • The only thing that makes God what he is, is his consciousness. Now imagine that his consciousness is completely immutable. If we are to use the analogy of the movie again, his consciousness would be a still frame picture, except that you can't see the photo because he isn't physical.
    • Notice how God is synonymous with nothing?
    Disproof of God #3

    1.) God is, at the least, omnipotent and omniscient - by the conventional assumptions of divine qualities made by Abrahamic religions. To deny this is to contradict your own belief in god.(*A)

    2.) If god is all powerful, he can limit his omniscience.

    3.) If god is able to limit his omniscience, then he is not actually omniscient - and, therefore, not a god. If he cannot limit his omniscience, then he is not omnipotent - and therefore not a god. Either way your god's existance is an impossibility.

    (*A) Should you argue that human logic does not apply to god - by the argument's reflexive properties - you argue you cannot trust your OWN concepts of god - and thus, you have no reason to believe in a god; because, if human logic cannot be trusted, neither can yours. In addition, if you believe your logic of god is trustworthy, but not another human's, you idolize yourself equivilent of a demigod - a feat which is condemned by Judeo-Christian religions and is thus impossible.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to barklolbark For This Useful Post:

    BackInAction (05-19-2011),pjrat111 (02-19-2011)

  3. #2
    Paroxysm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    4,455
    Reputation
    170
    Thanks
    282
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    This is why I like the Greek and Roman mythology, polytheism doesn't require contradictory properties. Monotheism is so uninteresting.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

  4. #3
    barklolbark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    331
    Reputation
    14
    Thanks
    12
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    This is why I like the Greek and Roman mythology, polytheism doesn't require contradictory properties. Monotheism is so uninteresting.
    True. The stories in their books are hardly interesting, as well... I get more substance from a 5th grader.

  5. #4
    Nismo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    CA Section
    Posts
    1,294
    Reputation
    93
    Thanks
    141
    My Mood
    In Love
    Nice argument there, but it's all false, because God does not exist
    Previously Armalite42



  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Nismo For This Useful Post:

    pjrat111 (02-19-2011)

  7. #5
    barklolbark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    331
    Reputation
    14
    Thanks
    12
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    These are all obviously hypothetical situations.

  8. #6
    Casavir's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Athens,Greece
    Posts
    1,261
    Reputation
    23
    Thanks
    168
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    armalite posted.this is no longer a serious thread.
    not like it was in the first place

    (Yes I disagree :P )

    PS: let's sacrifice a goat to zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Armalite42 View Post
    I am the sperm that won
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    Surprisingly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    whoever made this thread... you just got owned by Casavir...
    Ὦ ξεῖν', ἀγγέλλειν Λακεδαιμονίοις ὅτι τῇδε κείμεθα, τοῖς κείνων ῥήμασι πειθόμενοι.

    50% Spartan,50% Macedonian.100% Greek

  9. #7
    Para DICE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    349
    Reputation
    16
    Thanks
    15
    My Mood
    Angelic
    I can clearly say point out, im the only Religious guy here? the rest of you are athiest?


    Now lets see:

    Athiest walks into a mosque/church ** Whats he doing there?...


    Athiest enters a Religious thread** whats he doing there?...

    Lol, from my calculations you athiests are doubting athiesm so bad you need to prove it to your self? ...you serious?

    -I've come here to learn about christianity and judaism and other faiths, but athiests are also here to learn, and from this post "proving god don't exist" makes me LOL because you clearly arn't an athiest if you have doubts god exists.


  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Para DICE For This Useful Post:

    Chuck v2 (11-26-2011),[MPGH]Hassan (01-24-2011),Ferris Bueller (03-17-2011)

  11. #8
    CaT-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Gender
    female
    Posts
    7,335
    Reputation
    311
    Thanks
    488
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Para DICE View Post
    I can clearly say point out, im the only Religious guy here? the rest of you are athiest?


    Now lets see:

    Athiest walks into a mosque/church ** Whats he doing there?...


    Athiest enters a Religious thread** whats he doing there?...

    Lol, from my calculations you athiests are doubting athiesm so bad you need to prove it to your self? ...you serious?

    -I've come here to learn about christianity and judaism and other faiths, but athiests are also here to learn, and from this post "proving god don't exist" makes me LOL because you clearly arn't an athiest if you have doubts god exists.

    God spoke to me yesterday, told me write a new book, gave me directions to the stuff i'm suppose to write in said books, and also that i'm the last prophet before the return of Jesus Christ


    ex-
    ex-x2
    ex-

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to CaT- For This Useful Post:

    thanks for all (01-30-2011)

  13. #9
    Hassan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    System.Threading.Tasks
    Posts
    4,768
    Reputation
    495
    Thanks
    1,922
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by CaT- View Post


    God spoke to me yesterday, told me write a new book, gave me directions to the stuff i'm suppose to write in said books, and also that i'm the last prophet before the return of Jesus Christ
    Stay on topic, or GTFO !!!

    @Para Dice: True. You owned another faggot ;]

  14. #10
    CaT-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Gender
    female
    Posts
    7,335
    Reputation
    311
    Thanks
    488
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Hassan View Post


    Stay on topic, or GTFO !!!

    @Para Dice: True. You owned another faggot ;]
    I am on topic, this is about disproving god, and i'm telling him that god spoke to me and told me I was the last prophet before the return of Jesus.

    also you're not on topic since your post contributed nothing to discussion.
    Last edited by CaT-; 01-24-2011 at 12:34 PM.


    ex-
    ex-x2
    ex-

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to CaT- For This Useful Post:

    thanks for all (01-30-2011)

  16. #11
    Para DICE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    349
    Reputation
    16
    Thanks
    15
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by CaT- View Post


    I am on topic, this is about disproving god, and i'm telling him that god spoke to me and told me I was the last prophet before the return of Jesus.

    also you're not on topic since your post contributed nothing to discussion.
    Fail mohammed PBUH impersonation, as it was prophet gabriel who spoke to mohammed pbuh.

    --

    Keep trieng to disprove god, it makes me happy knowing you people are doubting athiest LOL.

  17. #12
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    #1 is my favorite.

    CAT just explained my views on islam.


  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Empire For This Useful Post:

    thanks for all (01-30-2011)

  19. #13
    CaT-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Gender
    female
    Posts
    7,335
    Reputation
    311
    Thanks
    488
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Para DICE View Post
    Fail mohammed PBUH impersonation, as it was prophet gabriel who spoke to mohammed pbuh.

    --

    Keep trieng to disprove god, it makes me happy knowing you people are doubting athiest LOL.
    I'm not trying to disprove god, i'm saying that god spoke to me, and told me i'm the new prophet, yet you will deny me so.


    ex-
    ex-x2
    ex-

  20. #14
    Alen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Liquid Generator
    Posts
    27,930
    Reputation
    2539
    Thanks
    4,216
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Casavir View Post
    armalite posted.this is no longer a serious thread.
    not like it was in the first place

    (Yes I disagree :P )

    PS: let's sacrifice a goat to zeus
    Disagree to what? Be more specific

    Quote Originally Posted by Para DICE View Post
    I can clearly say point out, im the only Religious guy here? the rest of you are athiest?

    Now lets see:

    Athiest walks into a mosque/church ** Whats he doing there?...

    Athiest enters a Religious thread** whats he doing there?...

    Lol, from my calculations you athiests are doubting athiesm so bad you need to prove it to your self? ...you serious?

    -I've come here to learn about christianity and judaism and other faiths, but athiests are also here to learn, and from this post "proving god don't exist" makes me LOL because you clearly arn't an athiest if you have doubts god exists.

    Avoiding the question: check
    Changing the topic: check
    Attacking atheism: check
    Visible: check

    Quote Originally Posted by Hassan View Post
    Stay on topic, or GTFO !!!

    @Para Dice: True. You owned another faggot ;]
    > on topic or gtfo
    > visible owning
    > visible not on topic
    > ???

    Win.

    Quote Originally Posted by CaT- View Post
    I'm not trying to disprove god, i'm saying that god spoke to me, and told me i'm the new prophet, yet you will deny me so.
    ^ he just might make me convert to Islam

  21. #15
    Para DICE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    349
    Reputation
    16
    Thanks
    15
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Coeus View Post
    This makes me wonder whether anybody even reads my posts...

    Yeah, No i don't for this very reason.

    --

    CAT-
    Prophet gave to charity.
    Do you give to charity?

    Prophet risked his life until all his followers left mecca as pagans wanted to kill him and his followers.
    Will you risk your life for your followers?

    The prophet spoke of Jesus, moses, adam, eve and all the other prophets, without learning about other religions.
    You would never have known them without reading about other religions.

    Prophet stopped black slavery in mecca till he died, did you?
    Have you stopped black slavery, anytime?

    --

    Lets just say...your not prophet like, ok?

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast