Thread: Why do you ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 55
  1. #16
    barklolbark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    331
    Reputation
    14
    Thanks
    12
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombsaway707 JR. View Post
    It's nice to think that we were put here for a reason, I Don't really know what to believe but i'm going with Evolution etc Just because it has more evidence
    I like speculation as much as atheism and religion.

  2. #17
    moosicgawd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    C:\user\Josh\Pictures\Portfolio\
    Posts
    3,462
    Reputation
    37
    Thanks
    126
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by Para DICE View Post
    Heres a question why athiesm?

    -When you believe you die and your gone forever.
    -When you believe humanity was a "accidental" big bang.
    -When you believe this all evolved from nothing, all the miracles we see now.


    I'm faithful because, i believe theres a here after, were not just made then boom! gone? were not gods little experiment... theres always going to be a higher power, and the highest is God.
    The subject of the topic was not "Why are you an Atheist?" the subject of the topic is "Why are you a Theist?" so don't change the topic.
    And also about your third point, "When you believe this all evolved from nothing, all the miracles we see now" doesn't exactly make sense (as far as sentence structure goes) , but I understand what you're trying to say. Your argument is 'explain miracles' well miracles are creation of man so there you go. Think about it.
    About your reasoning for believing in a God; You're just saying what we already know. That you believe in god. Explain why though.
    The night fades with a breath of sunshine.

  3. #18
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by barklolbark View Post
    Other than intellectual suicide and a waste of many hours in organized religion?
    Who said i practiced on organized religion?

    Intellectual suicide? :/ getting to the point, whats better:

    Happiness
    Higher IQ.

    Besides the fact that believing in religion literally has nothing to do with my capacity to become intelligent, you might as well say "whats better, to be stupid in my eyes, or to be a sheep to my ways"


  4. #19
    barklolbark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    331
    Reputation
    14
    Thanks
    12
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    Who said i practiced on organized religion?

    Intellectual suicide? :/ getting to the point, whats better:

    Happiness
    Higher IQ.

    Besides the fact that believing in religion literally has nothing to do with my capacity to become intelligent, you might as well say "whats better, to be stupid in my eyes, or to be a sheep to my ways"
    [IMG]http://j-walk*********/images/darkageschart.gif[/IMG]

    Hmm..

  5. #20
    Sir Nathan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In a 3rd World Country
    Posts
    1,328
    Reputation
    68
    Thanks
    132
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    Who said i practiced on organized religion?

    Intellectual suicide? :/ getting to the point, whats better:

    Happiness
    Higher IQ.

    Besides the fact that believing in religion literally has nothing to do with my capacity to become intelligent, you might as well say "whats better, to be stupid in my eyes, or to be a sheep to my ways"
    I'd go for happiness. But it obviously depends on the specific person who's answering the question. Anyways, I believe in God because there's still no argument against the disproof of the Theory of Evolution.

    -Cell theory implies that every cell comes from a cell, but were did the first cell come from?
    -Although the RNA theory is the most commonly accepted in this issue, there is no real scientific proof that the ribonucleic acid actually evolved into DNA. Just as there's no explicit proof of God, there's no explicit proof of the scientific theory.

    And I believe that the universe cannot have come from nothing. Just like you don't find a Mercedes Benz in the middle of the forest pretending that natural disasters and nature put all the parts together by coincidence, I believe that these universe had an intelligent designer.
    God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

  6. #21
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by barklolbark View Post
    [IMG]http://j-walk*********/images/darkageschart.gif[/IMG]

    Hmm..
    Hmmmm, maybe your not understanding the basics.

    1. I'm not a scientist. Have no wish to be, its just not my interest.
    2. Being happy>being smart.
    3. Comparing a modern religion, to its time in the dark ages is funny.


    Hey look, that religion sucked 600 years ago.

    So the fuck what? Its not 600 years ago now is it?

    No........

    THought so.


  7. #22
    barklolbark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    331
    Reputation
    14
    Thanks
    12
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    Hmmmm, maybe your not understanding the basics.

    1. I'm not a scientist. Have no wish to be, its just not my interest.
    2. Being happy>being smart.
    3. Comparing a modern religion, to its time in the dark ages is funny.


    Hey look, that religion sucked 600 years ago.

    So the fuck what? Its not 600 years ago now is it?

    No........

    THought so.
    1. Congratulations
    2. That's your opinion. I'd rather know the truth then keep living in a fantasy land. Ignorance is bliss, and you are proof.
    3.

    GOOD THING RELIGIOUS PEOPLE USE SCIENTIFIC OBJECTS TROLOLOLOL.

    It's not 600 years ago, so let's move past the talking snake and man living inside of a giant fish, shall we?

  8. #23
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Ignorance is bliss, might wanna learn that when you grow up.

    Stereotypin me doesn't really work lol.

    So go trolololalong.


  9. #24
    barklolbark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    331
    Reputation
    14
    Thanks
    12
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    Ignorance is bliss, might wanna learn that when you grow up.

    Stereotypin me doesn't really work lol.

    So go trolololalong.
    Am I supposed to (coherently) respond to that?

    I guess not, so here.


  10. #25
    Mouzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Saegertown
    Posts
    9,151
    Reputation
    520
    Thanks
    2,036
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by barklolbark View Post
    [IMG]http://j-walk*********/images/darkageschart.gif[/IMG]

    Hmm..
    I have to say that image is flaws.

    Because here is why we didn't get advances during that time, ""Dark Ages" is a term referring to the perceived period of cultural and economic deterioration and disruption that occurred in Europe following the decline of the Roman Empire.[1][2] The word is derived from Latin saeculum obscurum (dark age), a phrase first recorded in 1602.[3] The label employs traditional light-versus-darkness imagery to contrast the "darkness" of the period with earlier and later periods of "light". Originally, the term characterized the bulk of the Middle Ages (ca. 5th - 15th C.) as a period of intellectual darkness between the extinguishing of the light of Rome and the Renaissance or rebirth from the 14th century onwards.[4] This definition is still found in popular usage,[1][2][5] but increased recognition of the accomplishments of the Middle Ages since the 19th century has led to the label being restricted in application. Since the 20th century, it is frequently applied only to the earlier part of the era, the Early Middle Ages (ca. 5th - 9th C.).[6][7] However, many modern scholars who study the era tend to avoid the term altogether for its negative connotations, finding it misleading and inaccurate for any part of the Middle Ages.[8][9]"

  11. #26
    Critted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    407
    Reputation
    21
    Thanks
    28
    My Mood
    Cool
    Geez, you guys sound smart!
    I haven't really done any research on the whole Evolution-theory.

    All I know is that I believe there is a God, and as for the reason why, I am not quite sure.

    It's the comfort in knowing and believing that something bigger and better controls the whole universe, rather than us silly and failing humans controlling it all. Or nothing/no-one controlling anything at all.

    I have never really thought about this. So, I will let that be my explanation. The knowledge of that someone bigger and better is controlling it all. And has control over it all. I assume.


    ^ Thanks Kyle, I love it! ^

  12. #27
    Paroxysm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    4,455
    Reputation
    170
    Thanks
    282
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Not even that, what units is the Y axis in? "scientific advancement" doesn't sound like a standard unit of measure. Unless it's a relative scale in which case does the magnitude of each discovery effect the value or is it merely a tally of discoveries? I really gotta stop ranting about graphs.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

  13. #28
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    Not even that, what units is the Y axis in? "scientific advancement" doesn't sound like a standard unit of measure. Unless it's a relative scale in which case does the magnitude of each discovery effect the value or is it merely a tally of discoveries? I really gotta stop ranting about graphs.
    And if you take the time, romans had as much technology as 1700's lulz. Funny graph is funny.


  14. #29
    barklolbark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    331
    Reputation
    14
    Thanks
    12
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    Not even that, what units is the Y axis in? "scientific advancement" doesn't sound like a standard unit of measure. Unless it's a relative scale in which case does the magnitude of each discovery effect the value or is it merely a tally of discoveries? I really gotta stop ranting about graphs.
    Scientific advancement is pretty telling in and of itself. I'd go as far to assume that is how many things were correctly in that year, and how much science was advanced by new inventions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    And if you take the time, romans had as much technology as 1700's lulz. Funny graph is funny.
    1600s
    Last edited by barklolbark; 02-04-2011 at 09:52 PM.

  15. #30
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by barklolbark View Post
    Scientific advancement is pretty telling in and of itself. I'd go as far to assume that is how many things were correctly in that year, and how much science was advanced by new inventions.
    Number of advancements>Significance of advancements.

    Huh, funny.


Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast