Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 62
  1. #31
    Nismo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    CA Section
    Posts
    1,294
    Reputation
    93
    Thanks
    141
    My Mood
    In Love
    I asked you a question.. twice..
    Previously Armalite42



  2. #32
    Mouzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Saegertown
    Posts
    9,151
    Reputation
    520
    Thanks
    2,036
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    I understand he's not in God's plan,
    but to assume God can't kill Satan is a bit silly.
    He created Satan, therefore he can destroy him.
    So he has the ability to limit Satan to Earth,
    and even the prison of hell, but not kill him?

    Hey man believe what you want, just throwing my 2 cents in there.
    You really can't say that God created Satan, I think Satan created himself (Yin/Yang) to create a balance between good and evil. What I think is that the snake that told Eve to eat the apple from that tree is Satan or some form of evil that created and Satan was able to take control over it.

    I also never said God can't kill Satan, but I think he can't because of the manifestation between good and evil. Even if Satan is evil, he is good in a way by preventing those who committed serious sins from reaping the awards from other people. So in a way Satan is sort of like an antihero.

  3. #33
    Paroxysm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    4,455
    Reputation
    170
    Thanks
    282
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    God keeps satan around to make himself look like a good guy. Kind of like a average looking girl standing next to an ugo to make herself look better.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

  4. #34
    Mouzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Saegertown
    Posts
    9,151
    Reputation
    520
    Thanks
    2,036
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    God keeps satan around to make himself look like a good guy. Kind of like a average looking girl standing next to an ugo to make herself look better.
    I dunno, I still think Satan isn't evil, but your theory makes it more plausible too.

  5. #35
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,518
    Reputation
    1850
    Thanks
    3,161
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouzie View Post
    You really can't say that God created Satan, I think Satan created himself (Yin/Yang) .
    God created Satan bro..read Genesis.
    At one point Satan was an Angel.
    God created all Angels.
    According to scriptures there ain't nothing good about him either.
    He tried tempting Jesus into jumping off a cliff..
    just goes to show you the stuff he finds joy in.

    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    God keeps satan around to make himself look like a good guy. Kind of like a average looking girl standing next to an ugo to make herself look better.
    lol..that's a pretty funny analogy
    Last edited by Ethereal; 02-07-2011 at 06:11 AM.

  6. #36
    Mouzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Saegertown
    Posts
    9,151
    Reputation
    520
    Thanks
    2,036
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    God created Satan bro..read Genesis.
    At one point Satan was an Angel.
    God created all Angels.
    According to scriptures there ain't nothing good about him either.
    He tried tempting Jesus into jumping off a cliff..
    just goes to show you the stuff he finds joy in.



    lol..that's a pretty funny analogy
    Job's Satan In the Book of Job, ha-Satan is a member of the divine council, “the sons of God” who are subservient to God. Ha-Satan in this capacity is many times translated as “the prosecutor,” and is charged by God to tempt humans and to report back to God all who go against His decrees. At the beginning of the book, Job is a good person “who feared God and turned away from evil,” (Job 1:1) and has therefore been rewarded by God. When the divine council meets, God boasts to ha-Satan about Job's blameless, morally upright character. Between Job 1:9-10 and 2:4-5, ha-Satan merely points out that God has given Job everything that a man could want, so of course Job would be loyal to God; if all Job has been given, even his health, were to be taken away from him, however, his faith would collapse. God therefore grants ha-Satan the chance to test Job.[7] Due to this, it has been interpreted that ha-Satan is under God’s control and cannot act without God’s permission. This is further shown in the epilogue of Job in which God is speaking to Job, ha-Satan is absent from these dialogues. “For Job, for [Job’s] friends, and for the narrator, it is ultimately Yahweh himself who is responsible for Job’s suffering; as Yahweh says to the “satan”, ‘You have incited me against him, to destroy him for no reason.’ (Job 2:3) ” [6]

    I also never said anything about him being GOOD, but rather the fact that what he DOES IS GOOD in a way. Satan keeps the sinful and the evil away from God and his people. In a way that's GOOD.
    Last edited by Mouzie; 02-07-2011 at 11:07 AM.

  7. #37
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,518
    Reputation
    1850
    Thanks
    3,161
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouzie View Post
    Job's Satan In the Book of Job, ha-Satan is a member of the divine council, “the sons of God” who are subservient to God. Ha-Satan in this capacity is many times translated as “the prosecutor,” and is charged by God to tempt humans and to report back to God all who go against His decrees. At the beginning of the book, Job is a good person “who feared God and turned away from evil,” (Job 1:1) and has therefore been rewarded by God. When the divine council meets, God boasts to ha-Satan about Job's blameless, morally upright character. Between Job 1:9-10 and 2:4-5, ha-Satan merely points out that God has given Job everything that a man could want, so of course Job would be loyal to God; if all Job has been given, even his health, were to be taken away from him, however, his faith would collapse. God therefore grants ha-Satan the chance to test Job.[7] Due to this, it has been interpreted that ha-Satan is under God’s control and cannot act without God’s permission. This is further shown in the epilogue of Job in which God is speaking to Job, ha-Satan is absent from these dialogues. “For Job, for [Job’s] friends, and for the narrator, it is ultimately Yahweh himself who is responsible for Job’s suffering; as Yahweh says to the “satan”, ‘You have incited me against him, to destroy him for no reason.’ (Job 2:3) ” [6]

    I also never said anything about him being GOOD, but rather the fact that what he DOES IS GOOD in a way. Satan keeps the sinful and the evil away from God and his people. In a way that's GOOD.

    Well..broken down in that light,
    this seems to be very similar to the Zeus and Hades show.
    Jk..they have very different stories, but some characteristics are similar.

    Will elaborate a bit more later, still at work.
    Last edited by Ethereal; 02-07-2011 at 12:53 PM.

  8. #38
    Saboteur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    29,412
    Reputation
    5235
    Thanks
    7,581
    My Mood
    Grumpy



    VIP Support // May 2011
    CF Minion // January 2012
    Newsforce // August 2012
    Minion+ // March 2013
    Moderator // August 2014
    Former Staff // January 2015
    General Minion // July 2015
    Publicist // December 2015


  9. #39
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Saboteur View Post
    fail image is fail.


  10. #40
    barklolbark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    331
    Reputation
    14
    Thanks
    12
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    fail image is fail.
    Fail troll is fail.

  11. #41
    CaT-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Gender
    female
    Posts
    7,335
    Reputation
    311
    Thanks
    488
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by barklolbark View Post
    Fail troll is fail.
    Why you mad though


    ex-
    ex-x2
    ex-

  12. #42
    Hyperion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    8,159
    Reputation
    32
    Thanks
    1,198
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Everyone but me who responded is a retard.

  13. #43
    barklolbark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    331
    Reputation
    14
    Thanks
    12
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by CaT- View Post


    Why you mad though
    I herd u n Empire are same?

  14. #44
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,518
    Reputation
    1850
    Thanks
    3,161
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by barklolbark View Post
    I herd u n Empire are same?
    I heard you still want my bag in ur mouth?

  15. #45
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by barklolbark View Post
    Fail troll is fail.
    In no way did i troll anyone.


Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast