Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 77
  1. #16
    pjrat111's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Around the Corner
    Posts
    192
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    17
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Machinima Trailer Vault View Post
    No Religion = No Beliefs = Depress = Sadness= Suicide
    Maybe 1000 years ago this would be applicable. Each and every day more people are choosing to follow atheism based on new found common knowledge, such as evolution. Just accept that after death, you will become one with the ground

  2. #17
    deadskulz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    hell.
    Posts
    8,955
    Reputation
    702
    Thanks
    4,294,967,295
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by pjrat111 View Post
    Maybe 1000 years ago this would be applicable. Each and every day more people are choosing to follow atheism based on new found common knowledge, such as evolution. Just accept that after death, you will become one with the ground



    so old but so funny

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to deadskulz For This Useful Post:

    pjrat111 (03-17-2011)

  4. #18
    pjrat111's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Around the Corner
    Posts
    192
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    17
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by deadskulz View Post
    Haha gold right there .

  5. #19
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by blovtom1 View Post
    i loled
    lol such a debbie downer, im just bouncing around ideas, pointless? why not.. you pointing that out? even more pointless

    in other words you contradicted yourself by giving credibility to a "pointless" article by taking the time to post on said thread
    What if there was no religion? What if everyone followed the same religion, or here is a better one.

    What if you found out that some things are purely hypothetical?

    These subjects, as well of the atheist versions are pointless and go nowhere. What if You morons ended world hunger, achieved world peace, etc. Because those things are also achievable, but will never happen.

  6. #20
    JESUS=TROLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    150
    Reputation
    -7
    Thanks
    5
    Stop posting Dane Cook videos.

    He's not funny. Post a real comedian

    Like this motherfucker


  7. #21
    deadskulz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    hell.
    Posts
    8,955
    Reputation
    702
    Thanks
    4,294,967,295
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by JESUS=TROLL View Post
    Stop posting Dane Cook videos.

    He's not funny. Post a real comedian

    Like this motherfucker

    YouTube - George Carlin The Ten Commandments Broken Down
    gtfo .


    at para
    you have a point, but we've already said that atleast 3 times

  8. #22
    suppaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Gender
    male
    Location
    ITALY
    Posts
    429
    Reputation
    20
    Thanks
    13
    not funny because you posted it.

  9. #23
    blovtom1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Dave G-upta if that is your real name...we know who you are.
    Posts
    367
    Reputation
    9
    Thanks
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Name me these prophecies. What.. Earthquakes and other natural disasters? Educated guess is educated.
    Tell me how these other belief systems/religions were disproven?
    That makes no sense whatsoever. Why? Well here is why.
    How can you disprove something that has yet to be proven?
    You can't. If you have no proof of something you can't disprove it
    ,
    because it is something that does not exist in the natural realm.
    So wherever you were going with that pretty much just got shot down.
    This goes with any Religion/belief where humans worship a Deity,
    or many Deities.

    Long story short:
    Religion= No proof hence can't disprove it.

    Lord of the Rings special nonfiction edition. derrrrrrp
    lol? oh ho ho well let me hit you with this how can you prove something that has yet to be disproven, oh ho ho see what i did there? well answer to your question is simple

    its called faith...either you have it or ya dont..think of it this way, you choose to worship no religion you got 0% chance of getting into "heaven" choose one that strikes your fancy and you just increased your chances to less than none?

    thing is you coming at me like i took a stance, i was trying to be neutral and just offer the FACT that both sides could argue bout this shit forever since nothings been proven or disproven....


    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    What if there was no religion? What if everyone followed the same religion, or here is a better one.

    What if you found out that some things are purely hypothetical?

    These subjects, as well of the atheist versions are pointless and go nowhere. What if You morons ended world hunger, achieved world peace, etc. Because those things are also achievable, but will never happen.
    uh huh sure...u emo or something?
    Last edited by blovtom1; 03-18-2011 at 10:20 PM.
    God is watching

    http://www.mpgh.net/forum/89-religio...explained.html --answers some questions

    Quote Originally Posted by zhaoyun333 View Post
    WTF I COMPILE AND IT NO WORKS!!! DO I NEED PSEUDOCODE COMPILER?
    rofl!!!

  10. #24
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by blovtom1 View Post
    lol? oh ho ho well let me hit you with this how can you prove something that has yet to be disproven, oh ho ho see what i did there?
    Idiot.......

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Empire For This Useful Post:

    deadskulz (03-19-2011)

  12. #25
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,518
    Reputation
    1850
    Thanks
    3,161
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by blovtom1 View Post
    lol? oh ho ho well let me hit you with this how can you prove something that has yet to be disproven, oh ho ho see what i did there? well answer to your question is simple

    its called faith...either you have it or ya dont..think of it this way, you choose to worship no religion you got 0% chance of getting into "heaven" choose one that strikes your fancy and you just increased your chances to less than none?

    thing is you coming at me like i took a stance, i was trying to be neutral and just offer the FACT that both sides could argue bout this shit forever since nothings been proven or disproven....
    Uh..yeah you pretty much lost any kind of steam in this debate,
    by bringing up subjects that are irrelevant to what we were discussing.
    I wasn't disputing the fact that "God" could neither be proven or disproven.
    I was responding to a remark you made about how older religions were "disproven".
    The only thing that could get disproven is false information..
    You can't say "Hey Greek Gods don't exist, we've disproved them"
    Considering the same logic applies to the major religions people still follow to this very day..

    I don't care about Heaven anymore at this point.
    Even if it does exist, I have made my decision.
    People in my family say they care about God more then anything.
    Even their kids. I've decided I care about what I can see,
    who I can touch, who can actually effect my life.
    I'm done depending on text that is thousands of years old,
    to "guide" me. If God really exists then maybe he/it/whatever
    could give us a sign other then natural disasters..?
    Don't you think it's selfish that we are free willed intelligent creatures,
    yet if we question God's existence because there is no evidence that a higher being exists,
    we're dirty sinners and don't get to Heaven.

    It's like saying, "Here you go..here is this double edged sword with no hilt. Don't cut yourself."
    Last edited by Ethereal; 03-19-2011 at 08:18 AM.

  13. #26
    barklolbark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    331
    Reputation
    14
    Thanks
    12
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    You really think the world would have no moral compass if not for religion?

    Oh, you must mean like those just moralities as expressed by the crusades, inquisition, and holocaust? HALLA for morality!

  14. #27
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by barklolbark View Post
    You really think the world would have no moral compass if not for religion?

    Oh, you must mean like those just moralities as expressed by the crusades, inquisition, and holocaust? HALLA for morality!
    I wonder at an athiest ethics class

  15. #28
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,518
    Reputation
    1850
    Thanks
    3,161
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by barklolbark View Post
    You really think the world would have no moral compass if not for religion?

    Oh, you must mean like those just moralities as expressed by the crusades, inquisition, and holocaust? HALLA for morality!
    Gah..that is such a shitty argument bark.
    That's the same shit these retard Muslims here use.
    The Crusades, fine..Christianity was still very young
    and in those times people just read the words without understanding the deeper meaning behind them, and violence in the OT had already happened centuries before the crusades took place,therefore the bible did not advocate the violence used by the Roman catholic church.

    The Inquisition. Pretty much the same thing,
    just throw in more "heresy" and a bunch of crazy white guys with bad wigs.

    The Holocaust.
    Yeeeeah..because Hitler was sane.
    So let's blame all Christianity for one genocidal maniac.


    So I guess your argument would be if Christianity never existed,
    then neither of these atrocities would have taken place.
    True..but I think society could have been way worse then it is now.

  16. #29
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    The holocaust wasn't a religious movement like the crusades though.


  17. #30
    barklolbark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    331
    Reputation
    14
    Thanks
    12
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Gah..that is such a shitty argument bark.
    That's the same shit these retard Muslims here use.
    The Crusades, fine..Christianity was still very young
    and in those times people just read the words without understanding the deeper meaning behind them, and violence in the OT had already happened centuries before the crusades took place,therefore the bible did not advocate the violence used by the Roman catholic church.

    The Inquisition. Pretty much the same thing,
    just throw in more "heresy" and a bunch of crazy white guys with bad wigs.

    The Holocaust.
    Yeeeeah..because Hitler was sane.
    So let's blame all Christianity for one genocidal maniac.


    So I guess your argument would be if Christianity never existed,
    then neither of these atrocities would have taken place.
    True..but I think society could have been way worse then it is now.
    Systematic discrimination of homosexuals by a majority of the religion, previous racist thoughts due to the religion ("The White Man's Burden") by most Christians, predating the civil rights movements of the 20th century and existing especially in Imperialism and before, not to mention plenty of attempts to insert religion into government topics.

    Ok, that should be better.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast