Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 77
  1. #31
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,518
    Reputation
    1850
    Thanks
    3,161
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by barklolbark View Post
    Systematic discrimination of homosexuals by a majority of the religion, previous racist thoughts due to the religion ("The White Man's Burden") by most Christians, predating the civil rights movements of the 20th century and existing especially in Imperialism and before, not to mention plenty of attempts to insert religion into government topics.

    Ok, that should be better.
    Homosexuals would have been discriminated against regardless of Christianity..
    Men cannot bare children, therefore it conflicts with the natural order of life.
    Slavery and racism also predates Christianity..but k.

  2. #32
    Jenkees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    2,090
    Reputation
    41
    Thanks
    108
    My Mood
    Goofy
    People are intellegient because He made us in His image.

  3. #33
    Alen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Liquid Generator
    Posts
    27,930
    Reputation
    2539
    Thanks
    4,216
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by korshlov View Post
    People are intellegient because He made us in His image.
    Trollololol.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Homosexuals would have been discriminated against regardless of Christianity..
    Men cannot bare children, therefore it conflicts with the natural order of life.
    Slavery and racism also predates Christianity..but k.
    They would have possibly been eradicated faster without religion

  4. #34
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Coeus View Post
    They would have possibly been eradicated faster without religion
    And communism could possibly work.

    :/ possibilities are always present.


  5. #35
    barklolbark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    331
    Reputation
    14
    Thanks
    12
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Homosexuals would have been discriminated against regardless of Christianity..
    Men cannot bare children, therefore it conflicts with the natural order of life.
    Slavery and racism also predates Christianity..but k.
    But those problems would have been solved quicker.

  6. #36
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by barklolbark View Post
    But those problems would have been solved quicker.
    Oh really? You know this how?


  7. #37
    Alen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Liquid Generator
    Posts
    27,930
    Reputation
    2539
    Thanks
    4,216
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    And communism could possibly work.

    :/ possibilities are always present.
    Communism only failed cause it killed any progress

  8. #38
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,518
    Reputation
    1850
    Thanks
    3,161
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by barklolbark View Post
    But those problems would have been solved quicker.
    Sir, didn't you criticize me about stating opinions and not hard facts in the debate section a while back?

    Just saying, this is only your own speculation and not fact.
    My argument is that society could be far worse then it is currently..
    and even though it can be better too, I think it's safe to say that the state humanity is in now, is a hell of a lot more favorable then regression to a more primitive mind set.
    Last edited by Ethereal; 03-27-2011 at 10:31 AM.

  9. #39
    barklolbark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    331
    Reputation
    14
    Thanks
    12
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    Oh really? You know this how?
    By using logic. If we had no reason to discriminate people (aka religious texts), why would the discrimination continue into an age where such discrimination wouldn't be necessary?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Sir, didn't you criticize me about stating opinions and not hard facts in the debate section a while back?

    Just saying, this is only your own speculation and not fact.
    My argument is that society could be far worse then it is currently..
    and even though it can be better too, I think it's safe to say that the state humanity is in now, is a hell of a lot more favorable then regression to a more primitive mind set.
    Yes, it could. Society could also be far better than it is currently. What's your point? And what is the regression about?
    Last edited by barklolbark; 03-27-2011 at 01:08 PM.

  10. #40
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by barklolbark View Post
    By using logic. If we had no reason to discriminate people (aka religious texts), why would the discrimination continue into an age where such discrimination wouldn't be necessary?



    Yes, it could. Society could also be far better than it is currently. What's your point? And what is the regression about?
    So your saying that religion is the sole reason why discrimination exist?

    It would be i guess sensible for "religious" discrimination, but there are many types of discrimination outside of religious discrimination making your point:

    If we eliminated differences, then discrimination would end.(?)


  11. #41
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,518
    Reputation
    1850
    Thanks
    3,161
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by barklolbark View Post

    Yes, it could. Society could also be far better than it is currently. What's your point? And what is the regression about?
    The point is, blaming religion for the problems in society is fucking retarded.
    Any other brilliant questions?

  12. #42
    barklolbark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    331
    Reputation
    14
    Thanks
    12
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    So your saying that religion is the sole reason why discrimination exist?

    It would be i guess sensible for "religious" discrimination, but there are many types of discrimination outside of religious discrimination making your point:

    If we eliminated differences, then discrimination would end.(?)
    What would be the point of discrimination if not for religion?

  13. #43
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by barklolbark View Post
    What would be the point of discrimination if not for religion?
    Take any other type of discrimination besides religious.

    They use w/e they can to justify it, but it does not start because of religion.


  14. #44
    Azathᴏth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    49°51′S 128°34′W
    Posts
    13,526
    Reputation
    1136
    Thanks
    1,683
    My Mood
    Lurking
    My philosophy is that humans can be "good", but given the chance, will rip each other to shreds. We created the illusion of organized religion, because deep down, we don't like killing each other. Religion is "the opium of the masses". This means people will let themselves be controlled through religion, to a certain extent. This may seem stupid now, but think of the crusades. Despite everything, religion has formed some form of order. It has paved the way to more sophisticated methods of keeping order. Theocracy was the first means of government.

    Don't get me wrong, I'm not an atheist, I just dislike the concept of organized religion, despite all its pros.

  15. #45
    barklolbark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    331
    Reputation
    14
    Thanks
    12
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    Take any other type of discrimination besides religious.

    They use w/e they can to justify it, but it does not start because of religion.
    For example? If it through justification, then that is the point; religion is holding humanity back through discrimination.
    Last edited by barklolbark; 03-28-2011 at 12:47 AM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast