Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 208
  1. #151
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,518
    Reputation
    1850
    Thanks
    3,161
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon73 View Post
    It explains how matter can't be created out of anything it is not stupid theory.The question is how can the universe be created out of nothing,what was before the big bang what created this mystical ball of energy the conversation can go on and on.What was before all of this .Mankind can never answer all of this.Lucky for me I believe in a God that created the universe.
    The first law expresses that energy can be transformed, i.e. changed from one form to another, but cannot be created or destroyed. That which doesn't exist can't produce anything for it is without any energy...

    Please tell me how this proves Gods existence..

  2. #152
    Paroxysm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    4,455
    Reputation
    170
    Thanks
    282
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post


    The first law expresses that energy can be transformed, i.e. changed from one form to another, but cannot be created or destroyed. That which doesn't exist can't produce anything for it is without any energy...

    Please tell me how this proves Gods existence..
    Typical creationist response:

    "Well something had to make that energy, so God."

    How that logical follows is beyond me, but assuming their using logic is perhaps a faulty assumption.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

  3. #153
    dragon73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    America
    Posts
    401
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    46
    My Mood
    Amazed
    The first law expresses that energy can be transformed, i.e. changed from one form to another, but cannot be created or destroyed.

    What I'm trying to prove here is that matter or energy cannot be created out of nothing,so there must of been something there before this big eneryball matter that became the big bang. As I stated a while ago we can go on and on about what was before the big bang and where did existance come from and no of us would have an answer.That is unless we believe in a Supreme Being that made everything but then what created it or Him.It's a never ending question.That is why for me it's by Faith and personal experience that I believe in God.
    Can any man prove why anything exists?Can matter exist on its own?This is for you 2012 naysayers=The end is not near unless God Say so.

  4. #154
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,518
    Reputation
    1850
    Thanks
    3,161
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon73 View Post
    The first law expresses that energy can be transformed, i.e. changed from one form to another, but cannot be created or destroyed.

    What I'm trying to prove here is that matter or energy cannot be created out of nothing,so there must of been something there before this big eneryball matter that became the big bang. As I stated a while ago we can go on and on about what was before the big bang and where did existance come from and no of us would have an answer.That is unless we believe in a Supreme Being that made everything but then what created it or Him.It's a never ending question.That is why for me it's by Faith and personal experience that I believe in God.
    It's funny how theists pick and choose which tenets of science best caters to their beliefs,
    yet shun other science that is backed by irrefutable physical evidence.

    As I said earlier, what you are presenting is a THEORY.
    You have absolutely no evidence to back it.

  5. #155
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post


    It's funny how theists pick and choose which tenets of science best caters to their beliefs,
    yet shun other science that is backed by irrefutable physical evidence.

    As I said earlier, what you are presenting is a THEORY.
    You have absolutely no evidence to back it.
    Well the first law of thermodynamics isn't a theory, but his = god thing is a bit off.


  6. #156
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,518
    Reputation
    1850
    Thanks
    3,161
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    Well the first law of thermodynamics isn't a theory, but his = god thing is a bit off.
    I know that, I'm saying what he's getting out of the first law ie; "proves God" is just a theory.

  7. #157
    dragon73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    America
    Posts
    401
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    46
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    Well the first law of thermodynamics isn't a theory, but his = god thing is a bit off.
    What I'm trying to get for any athiest to believe at least is ,Where did existance come from?In other words why does anything exsists?
    I promiss this isn't a trap.I just want to see if any man can prove this.
    Can any man prove why anything exists?Can matter exist on its own?This is for you 2012 naysayers=The end is not near unless God Say so.

  8. #158
    Ferris Bueller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    KFC
    Posts
    6,706
    Reputation
    409
    Thanks
    846
    My Mood
    Hot
    Quote Originally Posted by Stifmeister View Post


    The Big Bang Theory is backed up with what evidence?
    Hm let's see, nothing backs up God but the bible. Alright.
    Do you know about the law of cause and effect?
    both other religions believe and back up god
    @Stifmeister

    "“Religions are, by definition, metaphors, after all: God is a dream, a hope, a woman, an ironist, a father, a city, a house of many rooms, a watchmaker who left his prize chronometer in the desert, someone who loves you—even, perhaps, against all evidence, a celestial being whose only interest is to make sure your football team, army, business, or marriage thrives, prospers, and triumphs over all opposition. Religions are places to stand and look and act, vantage points from which to view the world. So none of this is happening. Such things could not occur. Never a word of it is literally true.” .”
    I was Martin Johnson

  9. #159
    Paroxysm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    4,455
    Reputation
    170
    Thanks
    282
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon73 View Post
    What I'm trying to get for any athiest to believe at least is ,Where did existance come from?In other words why does anything exsists?
    I promiss this isn't a trap.I just want to see if any man can prove this.
    Things exist because an invisible pink unicorn willed it into existence and this is supported irrefutably because my holy books says it's irrefutable.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

  10. #160
    dragon73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    America
    Posts
    401
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    46
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    Things exist because an invisible pink unicorn willed it into existence and this is supported irrefutably because my holy books says it's irrefutable.
    You see I told you it wasn't a trap I was just going to say that we can at least agree that no man can prove existance and thats all.But funny remark
    Can any man prove why anything exists?Can matter exist on its own?This is for you 2012 naysayers=The end is not near unless God Say so.

  11. #161
    Sir Nathan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In a 3rd World Country
    Posts
    1,328
    Reputation
    68
    Thanks
    132
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post


    I know that, I'm saying what he's getting out of the first law ie; "proves God" is just a theory.
    Big Bang is just a THEORY.





    Hence the name 'Big Bang Theory'.
    God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

  12. #162
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post


    I know that, I'm saying what he's getting out of the first law ie; "proves God" is just a theory.
    Well it would be worthy of the "God" title to say the least, but the bible's god.......very iffy on that one.


  13. #163
    Threadstarter
    Ladies, I am down with the funky shit.
    MPGH Member
    Stifmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    3,173
    Reputation
    70
    Thanks
    183
    My Mood
    Innocent
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon73 View Post
    What I'm trying to get for any athiest to believe at least is ,Where did existance come from?In other words why does anything exsists?
    I promiss this isn't a trap.I just want to see if any man can prove this.
    Law of cause and effect @dragon73

    Aka. something can't come from nothing.
    This is the thing most atheists use against Christians. That God couldn't have come from nothing. This is when they think they have won the argument, but yet they don't see the irony.
    Their precious "Big Bang" supposedly created the Universe billions of years ago when there was NAUGHT (no matter, no hookers, no negros, no space, nothing).
    If the Big Bang did happen from nothing, this means that it defied the law of cause and effect ... meaning that God CAN exist

    inb4virtualparticles


    Quote Originally Posted by natiko View Post
    Big Bang is just a THEORY.





    Hence the name 'Big Bang Theory'.
    >accepted theory
    >used by 80% of new fag/stupid atheists who jump on the non-conformism bandwagon
    @natiko
    Last edited by Stifmeister; 05-06-2011 at 06:46 AM.




    Previous names
    -darknezzrox
    -Subpoena















  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Stifmeister For This Useful Post:

    dragon73 (05-06-2011)

  15. #164
    Assalamu alaikum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Chechnya
    Posts
    1,091
    Reputation
    148
    Thanks
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by natiko View Post
    Big Bang is just a THEORY.





    Hence the name 'Big Bang Theory'.
    Way to state the obvious..did I ever say it wasn't a theory..?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stifmeister View Post


    Law of cause and effect @dragon73

    Aka. something can't come from nothing.
    This is the thing most atheists use against Christians. That God couldn't have come from nothing. This is when they think they have won the argument, but yet they don't see the irony.
    Their precious "Big Bang" supposedly created the Universe billions of years ago when there was NAUGHT (no matter, no hookers, no negros, no space, nothing).
    If the Big Bang did happen from nothing, this means that it defied the law of cause and effect ... meaning that God CAN exist

    inb4virtualparticles





    >accepted theory
    >used by 80% of new fag/stupid atheists who jump on the non-conformism bandwagon
    @natiko
    How about nobody knows a Goddamn thing pertaining to how the universe was created.
    That's the most realistic answer.
    Creationist choose to believe it was a deity or higher power,
    and Atheist believe there is a more scientific answer goverened by what humans are more familiar with: LOGIC

    Simply put: This argument is like pissing into the wind.
    Last edited by Assalamu alaikum; 05-06-2011 at 01:18 PM.

  16. #165
    Sir Nathan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In a 3rd World Country
    Posts
    1,328
    Reputation
    68
    Thanks
    132
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Bawls View Post
    Way to state the obvious..did I ever say it wasn't a theory..?



    How about nobody knows a Goddamn thing pertaining to how the universe was created.
    That's the most realistic answer.
    Creationist choose to believe it was a deity or higher power,
    and Atheist believe there is a more scientific answer goverened by what humans are more familiar with: LOGIC

    Simply put: This argument is like pissing into the wind.
    You stated that the argument which says that thermodynamics proves God's existence is just a theory, using the word 'just' as a connotation in a way to reduce value/crediability due to the fact that it's a mere theory. Big Bang is just a theory too, nevertheless it's the way you accept of how the universe started.
    God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast