Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 208
  1. #31
    Zen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Eating a fucking burrito.
    Posts
    5,402
    Reputation
    239
    Thanks
    299
    My Mood
    Cynical
    The catholic view:

    We believe in evolution, and in the big bang, and it doesnt go against our doctirine. However the more fundmental groups (baptists, etc) are the ones who view the big bang and evolution as evil and what not. I hate how catholics get a bad name when half the people who talk shit about us dont even take the time to find out our actual practices/doctirines. Its easy go buy the Dummies guide to catholicism.

    also, to help clear up why we're allowed to do this is, in the catholic church, we view the bible as being 25% fact, like that Jesus did indeed turn water into wine, raised people from the dead, raised from the dead himself etc, and 75% representative, so like revelations we veiw as a representation of persecutions of catholics in rome and the old world etc.

    however more fundementalist groups view the opposite ratio, 75% fact and 25% representative. hope i cleared some shit up.

  2. #32
    vйß?™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Crossfire.
    Posts
    2,035
    Reputation
    -74
    Thanks
    118
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    i dont got a answer
    inFAMOUS
    It is the best game

  3. #33
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,518
    Reputation
    1850
    Thanks
    3,161
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by NKVD View Post
    The catholic view:

    We believe in evolution, and in the big bang, and it doesnt go against our doctirine. However the more fundmental groups (baptists, etc) are the ones who view the big bang and evolution as evil and what not. I hate how catholics get a bad name when half the people who talk shit about us dont even take the time to find out our actual practices/doctirines. Its easy go buy the Dummies guide to catholicism.

    also, to help clear up why we're allowed to do this is, in the catholic church, we view the bible as being 25% fact, like that Jesus did indeed turn water into wine, raised people from the dead, raised from the dead himself etc, and 75% representative, so like revelations we veiw as a representation of persecutions of catholics in rome and the old world etc.

    however more fundementalist groups view the opposite ratio, 75% fact and 25% representative. hope i cleared some shit up.
    Well,
    as a former Roman Catholic, turned Christian, who is currently Atheist..
    I will tell you from experience, and also college education
    (I'm a theology major, though plan on dropping the course next semester)
    That Catholicism has quite a large abundance of practices that do not concur with what the Holy Bible teaches.
    There is also an issue with not understanding metaphorical parables in the Bible,when it comes to Catholic philosophy. Granted, there is still a good message, and ultimately underneath all of the repetitive practice, this religion does help a great deal of people. I just personally believe that it's corrupt from the foundation, not so much it's followers.

    Also..if what you say is true, about Catholics believing only 25% of the Bible..
    Then they could not even be considered a Christian sect..
    but that's not even accurate anyway..so..k.
    Last edited by Ethereal; 03-25-2011 at 04:51 PM.

  4. #34
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by barklolbark View Post
    No, my response is indeed, we don't know yet. Welcome to science, it has no ego.
    -.-

    Honestly if your point is not knowing, then you shouldn't post because you don't know.

    Having a religious debate, and one side going "hey, we don't know, so my view is right." is stupid.


  5. #35
    barklolbark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    331
    Reputation
    14
    Thanks
    12
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by NKVD View Post
    The catholic view:

    We believe in evolution, and in the big bang, and it doesnt go against our doctirine. However the more fundmental groups (baptists, etc) are the ones who view the big bang and evolution as evil and what not. I hate how catholics get a bad name when half the people who talk shit about us dont even take the time to find out our actual practices/doctirines. Its easy go buy the Dummies guide to catholicism.

    also, to help clear up why we're allowed to do this is, in the catholic church, we view the bible as being 25% fact, like that Jesus did indeed turn water into wine, raised people from the dead, raised from the dead himself etc, and 75% representative, so like revelations we veiw as a representation of persecutions of catholics in rome and the old world etc.

    however more fundementalist groups view the opposite ratio, 75% fact and 25% representative. hope i cleared some shit up.
    I stopped reading at "We believe in evolution, and in the big bang, and it doesnt go against our doctirine."

    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    -.-

    Honestly if your point is not knowing, then you shouldn't post because you don't know.

    Having a religious debate, and one side going "hey, we don't know, so my view is right." is stupid.
    That actually wasn't a religious debate, it spawned from a philosophical debate over the misconstrued "Law of" Cause and Effect.
    Last edited by barklolbark; 03-25-2011 at 07:16 PM.

  6. #36
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by barklolbark View Post
    I stopped reading at "We believe in evolution, and in the big bang, and it doesnt go against our doctirine."



    That actually wasn't a religious debate, it spawned from a philosophical debate over the misconstrued "Law of" Cause and Effect.
    :/ my point is still the same, "we don't know" isn't an valid answer.


  7. #37
    Jenkees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    2,090
    Reputation
    41
    Thanks
    108
    My Mood
    Goofy
    Quote Originally Posted by iFaceBook View Post
    Big Bang is backed up with evidence.
    The STORY of god isn't backed up by anything but alot of people holding crosses and reading the Bible.
    The Bible was created by man and nothing else.
    There is no proof that god is real so all you have is your opinion.
    I am kind of repeating myself now.
    I have nothing against people who believe in god so don't flame me.
    If you have something to say back to this please mention me otherwise I will not see it.
    @iFaceBook Jesus' resurrection is enough proof for me.

  8. #38
    Super Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Cloud and thunder, storm and rain, I will summon these elements to bring you the most intense pain.
    Posts
    2,833
    Reputation
    164
    Thanks
    4,294,967,295
    My Mood
    Amazed
    We need @Paroxysm in here, let's hope he didn't die

  9. #39
    Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    666
    Posts
    12,356
    Reputation
    286
    Thanks
    1,145
    Yah cus it happened.

  10. #40
    Super Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Cloud and thunder, storm and rain, I will summon these elements to bring you the most intense pain.
    Posts
    2,833
    Reputation
    164
    Thanks
    4,294,967,295
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Where's @Paroxysm

  11. #41
    Ferris Bueller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    KFC
    Posts
    6,706
    Reputation
    409
    Thanks
    846
    My Mood
    Hot
    Quote Originally Posted by Stifmeister View Post


    The Big Bang Theory is backed up with what evidence?
    Hm let's see, nothing backs up God but the bible. Alright.
    Do you know about the law of cause and effect?
    Quran does..
    Anyways there point of view makes me sad and happy at the same time..

    "“Religions are, by definition, metaphors, after all: God is a dream, a hope, a woman, an ironist, a father, a city, a house of many rooms, a watchmaker who left his prize chronometer in the desert, someone who loves you—even, perhaps, against all evidence, a celestial being whose only interest is to make sure your football team, army, business, or marriage thrives, prospers, and triumphs over all opposition. Religions are places to stand and look and act, vantage points from which to view the world. So none of this is happening. Such things could not occur. Never a word of it is literally true.” .”
    I was Martin Johnson

  12. #42
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitarist. View Post


    Quran does..
    Anyways there point of view makes me sad and happy at the same time..
    The quran doesn't actually.

    :/ the proof in the quran is nonexistent, and if the bible is invalid, so is the quran.


  13. #43
    barklolbark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    331
    Reputation
    14
    Thanks
    12
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    :/ my point is still the same, "we don't know" isn't an valid answer.
    Oh, so goddidit is a valid answer?

  14. #44
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by barklolbark View Post
    Oh, so goddidit is a valid answer?
    :/ if you had an option between A, B, and C. And you answer "i don't know" you are wrong.


  15. #45
    Super Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Cloud and thunder, storm and rain, I will summon these elements to bring you the most intense pain.
    Posts
    2,833
    Reputation
    164
    Thanks
    4,294,967,295
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    :/ if you had an option between A, B, and C. And you answer "i don't know" you are wrong.
    I would pick C.
    Whenever I don't know an answer when I'm having a multiple-choice exam, I always pick C. You're correct like 95% of the time .

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast