Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 62
  1. #31
    Gaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    5,364
    Reputation
    494
    Thanks
    1,020
    In the bible it says his jewish?




  2. #32
    Assalamu alaikum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Chechnya
    Posts
    1,091
    Reputation
    148
    Thanks
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Jew View Post
    Wrong!

    "The name יֵשׁוּעַ "Yeshua" (transliterated in the English Old Testament as Jeshua) is a late form of the Biblical Hebrew name יְהוֹשֻׁעַ Yehoshua (Joshua), and spelled with a waw in the second syllable. The Late Biblical Hebrew spellings for earlier names often contracted the theophoric element Yeho- to Yo-. Thus יהוחנן Yehochanan contracted to יוחנן Yochanan.[7] However, there is no name (aside from Yehoshua`) in which Yeho- became Ye-.

    The name Yehoshua has the form of a compound of "Yeho-" and "shua": Yeho- יְהוֹ is another form of יָהו Yahu, a theophoric element standing for the personal name of God YHWH, and שׁוּעַ shua‘ is a noun meaning "a cry for help", "a saving cry",[8][9][10] that is to say, a shout given when in need of rescue. Together, the name would then literally mean, "God is a saving-cry," that is to say, shout to God when in need of help.
    Another explanation for the name Yehoshua is that it comes from the root ישע yod-shin-‘ayin, meaning "to deliver, save, or rescue". According to the Book of Numbers verse 13:16, the name of Joshua son of Nun was originally Hoshea` הוֹשֵעַ, and the name "Yehoshua`" יְהוֹשֻׁעַ is usually spelled the same but with a yod added at the beginning. "Hoshea`" certainly comes from the root ישע, "yasha", yod-shin-`ayin (in the Hif'il form the yod becomes a waw), and not from the word שוע shua` (Jewish Encyclopedia[11]) although ultimately both roots appear to be related."

    You know nothing of Hebrew, Yiddish, or anything of the Torah or Biblical language of the Jews. I am a Jew, I speak both (native speaker). You know nothing about the word, I am a Messianic Jew.
    Yeah bro..I know nothing.

    That's why you have still not proven anywhere in this post that Jesus Christ, OR YESHUA means God in the flesh.

    Also, the translation is different and widely speculated amongst Jews,
    considering that the Hebrew language was becoming obsolete even at the times of Christ.

    "God is a saving cry"

    "YHWH" is God.. right
    "YHWH IS SALVATION"
    "GOD IS A SAVING CRY"

    Yeah close enough..

    Still haven't proven much of anything,
    and still haven't explained the point that I made.

    So you're telling me Jesus was your Messiah bro?
    According to Isaiah you're gonna tell me that?

    Jokes kid.

  3. #33
    coolkidd12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    female
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    146
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    4
    My Mood
    Shocked
    Yes jesus is real and Jesus was jewish

  4. #34
    Mouzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Saegertown
    Posts
    9,151
    Reputation
    520
    Thanks
    2,036
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Bawls View Post
    Yeah bro..I know nothing.

    That's why you have still not proven anywhere in this post that Jesus Christ, OR YESHUA means God in the flesh.

    Also, the translation is different and widely speculated amongst Jews,
    considering that the Hebrew language was becoming obsolete even at the times of Christ.

    "God is a saving cry"

    "YHWH" is God.. right
    "YHWH IS SALVATION"
    "GOD IS A SAVING CRY"

    Yeah close enough..

    Still haven't proven much of anything,
    and still haven't explained the point that I made.

    So you're telling me Jesus was your Messiah bro?
    According to Isaiah you're gonna tell me that?

    Jokes kid.
    I was countering your argument about Yeshua fool, you completely gave a wrong translation. And no, Hebrew wasn't even close to becoming 'obsolete' it wasn't till the Jewish revolts and their expulsion from the Roman Empire did Hebrew was almost lost, but they created Yiddish, a Pan-Germanic language based on Hebrew and old German.

    Yes, I am, I am a MESSIANIC JEW, read about it, but since you're uptight about being, "Mr. Right" and not looking at what I posted here you go:

    Messianic Judaism is a syncretic religious movement that arose in the 1960s.[1][2][3][4] It blends evangelical Christian theology with elements of Jewish terminology and ritual.[4][5][6][7][8] From 2003 to 2007, the movement grew from 150 Messianic houses of worship in the United States to as many as 438, with over 100 in Israel and more worldwide; often congregations are members of larger Messianic organizations or alliances.[9][10] In 2008, the movement was reported to have between 6,000 and 15,000 members in Israel.[11][12]
    Messianic Judaism states that Jesus is not merely a man, but also the Jewish Messiah and "God the Son" (one person of the Trinity),[13][14][15][16] and that salvation is only achieved through acceptance of Jesus as one's savior.[17] Any Jewish laws or customs that are followed are cultural and do not contribute to attaining salvation.[5] Belief in the messiahship and divinity of Jesus, which Messianic Judaism shares, is viewed by Christian denominations[18] and Jewish religious movements[19] as being a defining distinction between Christianity and Judaism.[20][21][22][23][24]

    Second of all, I don't care about your argument with her, I only agreeing with her one post because of the name, third, I am thinking she meant Jesus Christ as the God of Flesh himself, not as the name but the biblical belief that Jesus was God.

  5. #35
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Bear Jew, Learn to quote.


  6. #36
    Assalamu alaikum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Chechnya
    Posts
    1,091
    Reputation
    148
    Thanks
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Jew View Post
    I was countering your argument about Yeshua fool, you completely gave a wrong translation. And no, Hebrew wasn't even close to becoming 'obsolete' it wasn't till the Jewish revolts and their expulsion from the Roman Empire did Hebrew was almost lost, but they created Yiddish, a Pan-Germanic language based on Hebrew and old German.

    Yes, I am, I am a MESSIANIC JEW, read about it, but since you're uptight about being, "Mr. Right" and not looking at what I posted here you go:

    Messianic Judaism is a syncretic religious movement that arose in the 1960s.[1][2][3][4] It blends evangelical Christian theology with elements of Jewish terminology and ritual.[4][5][6][7][8] From 2003 to 2007, the movement grew from 150 Messianic houses of worship in the United States to as many as 438, with over 100 in Israel and more worldwide; often congregations are members of larger Messianic organizations or alliances.[9][10] In 2008, the movement was reported to have between 6,000 and 15,000 members in Israel.[11][12]
    Messianic Judaism states that Jesus is not merely a man, but also the Jewish Messiah and "God the Son" (one person of the Trinity),[13][14][15][16] and that salvation is only achieved through acceptance of Jesus as one's savior.[17] Any Jewish laws or customs that are followed are cultural and do not contribute to attaining salvation.[5] Belief in the messiahship and divinity of Jesus, which Messianic Judaism shares, is viewed by Christian denominations[18] and Jewish religious movements[19] as being a defining distinction between Christianity and Judaism.[20][21][22][23][24]

    Second of all, I don't care about your argument with her, I only agreeing with her one post because of the name, third, I am thinking she meant Jesus Christ as the God of Flesh himself, not as the name but the biblical belief that Jesus was God.
    You copy and paste a lot,
    which makes it tough to debate you since half of your argument is taken from elsewhere.
    Please do not deny that you do this either,
    I can tell the comparison in grammatical structure quite easily.

    Anyway,
    You telling me that I gave you a completely wrong translation is not true at all. You cannot tell me that the translation you gave is the only known Hebrew translation of Yeshua, because you would be providing false information. I challenge you to search the translation with at least 5-10 credible teachers/Rabbi's. You will get a couple different translations to the english, as slight as they may be... different.
    The translation I gave you came straight from a Rabbi's website.
    As far as what I said about what language was spoken,
    well first off that's my own view and I'm pretty solid on that,
    You're entitled to what you believe as well,
    but you don't have any solid evidence what language was spoken, because you weren't there, and the records are quite vague. Scholars have divergent views regarding what the Primary language that was spoken,
    but none can dispute the influence of Romans and Greeks or their languages in that region at that current time.

    I understand your point with the "God in the Flesh" argument Liz had,
    but let's go back to this passage.

    Isaiah 7:14-
    Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign. Behold, the virgin will conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

    Now if we just use some pretty basic logic here,
    which I believe orthodox Jews do..
    then clearly this passage can validly dispute Jesus Christ being the Messiah.

    It doesn't say "He shall be known as Immanuel or God in the Flesh"

    It says and shall call his name Immanuel

    This would mean that people would know this man as God in the flesh,
    that he should be addressed as Immanuel by name.
    There is no metaphorical content whatsoever in this passage.

    Now maybe Crazy John the Baptist, Paul, and Matthew
    seen Yeshua as the Son of God, or God in the flesh..
    according to Isaiah's prophecy this is not true.

    Not to mention the historical fact is that Jesus fulfilled none of the messianic prophecies.
    Last edited by Assalamu alaikum; 04-07-2011 at 04:09 PM.

  7. #37
    Dead Bones Brook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    On that seat right over there.
    Posts
    8,328
    Reputation
    858
    Thanks
    1,533
    My Mood
    Daring
    Lets just all become Discordians and not give a fuck about the rest?

    Just Hail Eris and you'll be a happy man.

  8. #38
    Puffin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,360
    Reputation
    41
    Thanks
    70
    I still think jesus was a muslim

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Puffin For This Useful Post:

    Para DICE (04-20-2011)

  10. #39
    Casavir's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Athens,Greece
    Posts
    1,261
    Reputation
    23
    Thanks
    168
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    Of course he wasn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Armalite42 View Post
    I am the sperm that won
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    Surprisingly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    whoever made this thread... you just got owned by Casavir...
    Ὦ ξεῖν', ἀγγέλλειν Λακεδαιμονίοις ὅτι τῇδε κείμεθα, τοῖς κείνων ῥήμασι πειθόμενοι.

    50% Spartan,50% Macedonian.100% Greek

  11. #40
    Para DICE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    349
    Reputation
    16
    Thanks
    15
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Casavir View Post
    Of course he wasn't.
    Jesus was a Muslim.

    -I can disprove Christianity so fast, have you got facebook? I would love to have a LIVE debate, not one where i gotta refresh the page constantly.

  12. #41
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,518
    Reputation
    1850
    Thanks
    3,160
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Para DICE View Post
    Jesus was a Muslim.

    -I can disprove Christianity so fast, have you got facebook? I would love to have a LIVE debate, not one where i gotta refresh the page constantly.
    Debate me.

    You thought I crushed you when I was a Christian?
    You should see what I can do now that I'm an Atheist.

    I will slap your terrorist face with so much logic, you'll be mad for days.


  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ethereal For This Useful Post:

    CaT- (04-20-2011),Dee-jay (04-20-2011)

  14. #42
    Dee-jay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    9
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    1
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Jesus is an Jewish person and didn't die on the cross.
    believe me how can he remove a stone from his grave when hes dead?
    he was in a coma.my grandmother read all the books of Lauren(don't know his surname)
    thats the only thing i can remember from what my grandmother told me.
    Last edited by Dee-jay; 04-20-2011 at 08:44 AM.

  15. #43
    Para DICE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    349
    Reputation
    16
    Thanks
    15
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Debate me.

    You thought I crushed you when I was a Christian?
    You should see what I can do now that I'm an Atheist.

    I will slap your terrorist face with so much logic, you'll be mad for days.

    You crushed me when you was a Christian? LOLolTROLol

    I'm free on facebook. PM me your facebook page how about that?

  16. #44
    Dee-jay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    9
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    1
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Para just ignore him. he is childish.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Dee-jay For This Useful Post:

    Para DICE (04-20-2011)

  18. #45
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,518
    Reputation
    1850
    Thanks
    3,160
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Para DICE View Post
    You crushed me when you was a Christian? LOLolTROLol

    I'm free on facebook. PM me your facebook page how about that?
    Yeah.

    I got proof. Plenty of it.

    Or we can just ask anyone that frequents this section how many times I have.

    I made you look like a retard more times then I can count.
    Thing is, that you're so ignorant that achieving this really isn't much of an accomplishment either way.

    @Empire shits on you too.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dee-jay View Post
    Para just ignore him. he is childish.
    K newphag. I care what you think.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast