Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 65
  1. #16
    Paroxysm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    4,455
    Reputation
    170
    Thanks
    282
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post


    Isn't this whole section just a cauldron of ad hominem arguments? It's rare to find a debate that doesn't stoop down to "you're stupid, your argument is invalid".

    Perhaps new blood can spark something worthy of trying.
    There used to be a time where I would patiently sit in this section reading through the most bat-shit insane arguments and pointed out every factual-mistake, logical-fallacy and the general lunacy that accompanied them. Now with college getting significantly more time consuming I just can't be bothered to put in the effort. But even arm-chair skepticism is better than doing nothing at all.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

  2. #17
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,569
    Reputation
    2912
    Thanks
    5,340
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    There used to be a time where I would patiently sit in this section reading through the most bat-shit insane arguments and pointed out every factual-mistake, logical-fallacy and the general lunacy that accompanied them. Now with college getting significantly more time consuming I just can't be bothered to put in the effort. But even arm-chair skepticism is better than doing nothing at all.
    Besides, apart from Empire, I don't see many people actually try to dispute your comments. Beyond incoherent ramblings anyways.

  3. #18
    Paroxysm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    4,455
    Reputation
    170
    Thanks
    282
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post


    Besides, apart from Empire, I don't see many people actually try to dispute your comments. Beyond incoherent ramblings anyways.
    Problem with empire is that he seems to conflate debate with contradiction.

    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

  4. #19
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,569
    Reputation
    2912
    Thanks
    5,340
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    Problem with empire is that he seems to conflate debate with contradiction.

    YouTube - ‪Monty Python - Argument Clinic‬‏
    You could probably find all aspects of MPGH within a MP skit :P

  5. #20
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,896
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,346
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    There used to be a time where I would patiently sit in this section reading through the most bat-shit insane arguments and pointed out every factual-mistake, logical-fallacy and the general lunacy that accompanied them. Now with college getting significantly more time consuming I just can't be bothered to put in the effort. But even arm-chair skepticism is better than doing nothing at all.
    I honestly just spam half this shit.

    I have time, but the debate fort is only interesting with stupid shit like visible being racist.

    Paroxysm you debate the most boring and uninteresting shit though. I have to honestly say that even when i'm wrong i'll just spam some shit in hopes it gets interesting.

    @Doc: Westboro is a publicity whore and they contradict themselves in almost everything they do.
    Last edited by Empire; 05-23-2011 at 09:08 PM.


  6. #21
    Paroxysm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    4,455
    Reputation
    170
    Thanks
    282
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

    @Doc: Westboro is a publicity whore and they contradict themselves in almost everything they do.
    How does the WBC contradict itself?
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

  7. #22
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,569
    Reputation
    2912
    Thanks
    5,340
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    How does the WBC contradict itself?
    Probably not WBC in it's entirety but some individuals are hypocrits. Such as Phelps-Roper condemning sexual intercourse outside of wedlock when her eldest son was born out of wedlock.

  8. #23
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,896
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,346
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    How does the WBC contradict itself?
    well the WBC condemns all sorts of things, although for the majority of the part they are hypocritical in this.

    Just like with anon, by calling anon out, anon gained money. Its hypocritical to call someone evil and then give them attention/money. Although proclaiming something is evil is fine, but giving attention to it and not stopping it in its entirety is stupid.

    Then there is America, they condemn it, yet still live there.

    Hating fags although more opposition to the Gay movement only strengthens it.
    ------------

    If I wanted to point out religious stuff, a lot of it would be on "judging others" and such. Since apperantly all they can do is bitch and complain like lunatics.
    Last edited by Empire; 05-24-2011 at 12:03 AM.


  9. #24
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,670
    Reputation
    1963
    Thanks
    3,248
    My Mood
    Amused
    You guys know who else was crazy? That John the baptist guy.


  10. #25
    VirtualDUDE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In my basement
    Posts
    665
    Reputation
    -172
    Thanks
    20
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Trophy Wife View Post
    I have to disagree. It seems rather presumptuous on your part to judge someone else's interpretation of the Bible as false because it doesn't match with the beliefs of your specific bastardized sect of Christianity. Who are you to judge who is and isn't correct? How is your interpretation of the Bible more valid than hers? Is it because yours is more socially acceptable? It seems to me that you're invalidating her position because she and her ilk have chosen to follow a literal interpretation of religious scripture, while you have most likely followed scripture a-la-carte, that is to say, you've sifted through scripture and cherry-picked the nice bits you want to follow and everything else not consistent with immediate social acceptance is discarded without second thought.
    Hey Ethereal(Invisible), Doc(Invisible), Empire(Invisible), or whom ever might be hiding behind your account. You clearly like your mother (The wife of the leader of the baptist church) because she unlike other believers, are possible to contradict.
    Besides, she unlike other believers are 100% doing the shit she is, for media attention. All raids they've done, with their signs and shit, they're obviously to gather media attention because of her mental handicap.
    Last edited by VirtualDUDE; 05-24-2011 at 01:20 AM.

  11. #26
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,569
    Reputation
    2912
    Thanks
    5,340
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by VirtualDUDE View Post
    Hey Ethereal(Invisible), Doc(Invisible), Empire(Invisible), or whom ever might be hiding behind your account. You clearly like your mother (The wife of the leader of the baptist church) because she unlike other believers, are possible to contradict.
    Besides, she unlike other believers are 100% doing the shit she is, for media attention. All raids they've done, with their signs and shit, they're obviously to gather media attention because of her mental handicap.
    Ummm I'm visible. I've been online since I woke up. Which was like 8 hours ago.

  12. #27
    VirtualDUDE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In my basement
    Posts
    665
    Reputation
    -172
    Thanks
    20
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post


    Ummm I'm visible. I've been online since I woke up. Which was like 8 hours ago.
    HA HA So, when you sleep are you invisible?

  13. #28
    Muffin.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    female
    Location
    Nou
    Posts
    1,570
    Reputation
    8
    Thanks
    79
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by VirtualDUDE View Post
    HA HA So, when you sleep are you invisible?
    God isn't real
    That is all.
    And by the way you're sinning by hacking

  14. #29
    VirtualDUDE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In my basement
    Posts
    665
    Reputation
    -172
    Thanks
    20
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Muffin. View Post


    God isn't real
    That is all.
    And by the way you're sinning by hacking
    Sir. Hacking is ONLY web based - Meaning SQL exploits and such, defacements, etc. I'm doing desktop programming, not web development. I hardly know any web based languages, so i can't be hacking.

    And, hacking has nothing to do with religion nor will it ever be judged because no priest or man on earth who has connections to god, will or should speak of it.
    However computers are, TV too. As both of these lead you on the path away from religion, and in the arms of Satan. In a little sense you're right - Else not.

  15. #30
    Muffin.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    female
    Location
    Nou
    Posts
    1,570
    Reputation
    8
    Thanks
    79
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by VirtualDUDE View Post
    Sir. Hacking is ONLY web based - Meaning SQL exploits and such, defacements, etc. I'm doing desktop programming, not web development. I hardly know any web based languages, so i can't be hacking.

    And, hacking has nothing to do with religion nor will it ever be judged because no priest or man on earth who has connections to god, will or should speak of it.
    However computers are, TV too. As both of these lead you on the path away from religion, and in the arms of Satan. In a little sense you're right - Else not.
    Sorry i'm not a geek
    SAY WUUUUUUT

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast