Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 65
  1. #46
    CCrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Narnia
    Posts
    414
    Reputation
    20
    Thanks
    16
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    Sadly not everyone has heard the

    "Don't believe in yourself, believe in me who believes in you" speech.

    Put piercing the heavens is actually pretty hard.
    heaven is a myth the same thing goes with religion.


    Herp-a Derp.

    W.I.F.E

    Willing
    Intelligent
    Female
    Elite-sandvichmaker

  2. #47
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,560
    Reputation
    2912
    Thanks
    5,335
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by CCrow View Post
    heaven is a myth the same thing goes with religion.
    Funnily enough, the whole premise of the Religion section is to debate that.

  3. #48
    CCrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Narnia
    Posts
    414
    Reputation
    20
    Thanks
    16
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post


    Funnily enough, the whole premise of the Religion section is to debate that.
    haha... well i watched the video and i can say that the woman is a stuck up fanatic that i would slap into another universe. face your imminent destruction? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA good one. and god knows who i am? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA and by what she said to anon im going to hell as well.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA god she is cracking me up.

    oh and btw what about FAGS that believe in god?
    Last edited by CCrow; 05-25-2011 at 01:37 AM.


    Herp-a Derp.

    W.I.F.E

    Willing
    Intelligent
    Female
    Elite-sandvichmaker

  4. #49
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by CCrow View Post
    heaven is a myth the same thing goes with religion.
    What? Have you no drill?


  5. #50
    VirtualDUDE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In my basement
    Posts
    665
    Reputation
    -172
    Thanks
    20
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Trophy Wife View Post
    Their views on issues are all backed up by their interpretations of scripture. Their entire anti-homosexuality stance is based on Leviticus and Romans, which are readily available for anyone to read. Specifically, Leviticus 18:22, Leviticus 20:13 and Romans 1:26, which condemn homosexuality and lay out a death sentence to those who practice it. It's intellectually dishonest to say their views are not Christian or based on the Bible when they clearly are. It may not be the interpretations you know, but it is still an interpretation that is neither right nor wrong.
    Every part of "true" christianity has written that Homosexuality is wrong, so do i think.
    The problem is that, as I told you before, most moderate religious people pick and choose the things they like in the Bible to justify their views and anything too extreme or negative by today's standards is completely ignored or rationalized away. All the WBC is doing is picking and choosing the parts in the Bible that contain God's hateful nature and using that to justify their views.
    /point proven. I didn't know it would be "that" easy to make you say it - All along it actually was a pretty easy task. My point all along has been that Christianity in our society is changed and based upon peoples inhuman morals. You've just stated it. Thank you.
    This is EXACTLY why I'm for Muslims own old fashion religious ways. Because, what we know as normal today is merely a part of the religion which has been changed TO be accepted into society. Nothing is normal, everything is wrong and utterly disgusting. But it's hard to face it without using it as a arguement against someone.

    Yes and no. They know they're making a spectacle of themselves which garners the media's attention, meaning they get free publicity. However, my point is that they do not actively go around looking to buy any sort of promotional . They wait until the media comes to them and they usually do so without fail.

    This is exactly the type of attitude they feed upon. They enjoy being reviled and loathed by all these Christians claiming to espouse God's love while spouting off every insult they can think of at the WBC. It seems to be a highly effective strategy from what I can tell. (By the way, Shirley Phelps-Roper is Fred Phelps' daughter, not his wife)
    Never would i expect that sack of ringled shit to be hes daughter.
    Anyways. If they're trying to prove "how" double moral Christians are, then they're not doing a pretty good job. What you're stating is obviously not what the most people think about them
    (Will be editing the post when i get home - I'm kind of too busy to spell check the hole thing.)

  6. #51
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,560
    Reputation
    2912
    Thanks
    5,335
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by VirtualDUDE View Post
    What you're stating is obviously not what the most people think about them
    What do you mean by that?

  7. #52
    VirtualDUDE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In my basement
    Posts
    665
    Reputation
    -172
    Thanks
    20
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post


    What do you mean by that?
    He's stating that they're doing the shit they are, to prove how Christians are.... Or something like that.
    Most people just think they're plain idiots.

  8. #53
    Trophy Wife's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    51
    Reputation
    58
    Thanks
    14
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Jew
    Take me, take more now.

    Finally someone I can debate with that doesn't bring up the Middle East. <<;
    Haha, I wasn't aware that was a problem. But I have to say, it's usually inevitable to exclude the Middle East as part of religious discussions, especially the Abrahamic faiths, since that's sort of where they originated. :P

    Quote Originally Posted by VirtualDUDE View Post
    Every part of "true" christianity has written that Homosexuality is wrong, so do i think.
    I don't want to misquote you, but it sounds like you're confirming what I just said. If that's the case, you should consult your post on Page 4 in which you say the WBC don't follow any parts of the Bible, a point which you just refuted.

    Quote Originally Posted by VirtualDUDE
    /point proven. I didn't know it would be "that" easy to make you say it - All along it actually was a pretty easy task. My point all along has been that Christianity in our society is changed and based upon peoples inhuman morals. You've just stated it. Thank you.
    This is EXACTLY why I'm for Muslims own old fashion religious ways. Because, what we know as normal today is merely a part of the religion which has been changed TO be accepted into society. Nothing is normal, everything is wrong and utterly disgusting. But it's hard to face it without using it as a arguement against someone.
    Nice straw-man, but I couldn't have proven any point you made since you didn't supply one to begin with.

    The premise of your argument is based on arbitrary reasoning that relies entirely on your own subjective viewpoints and generalizations. Population booms in this century have resulted in many esoteric sub-cultures being created where anyone can find like-minded people. Because of this, rather than being considered abnormal or anomalous, the sub-culture gains its own distinction in the immediate society. In our past, there was certainly not as many people and therefore a great lack of diversity in creating standards for that society, which most likely consisted of hunter-gatherer tribes. This lack of diversity made it much easier for everyone to come to agreements in this aspect since everyone shared the same histories and experiences.

    Even when society was run based on holy books, heretics still existed. The only difference is that now those who do not follow the explicit word of the Bible or other holy book are not put to death for their actions. Since you've taken an interest in past Muslim anthropology, there still exists few Muslim sects who remain stoic in their beliefs and can still be witnessed practicing the act of stoning heretics and blasphemers to death by burying half their body, covering their head with a fabric, and village males grabbing hand-sized stones to throw at them, usually resulting in an excruciating death due to traumatic head injuries. A few months ago, a young woman was stoned to death for adultery which caused much outrage by human rights activists. In certain African colonies, Christian ideologies have resulted in the systematic abuse and murder of mostly women for what they believe to be dark magic or witchcraft. The women are forced out of the villages and another group of males will start a fire so that the rest of the villagers can join in forcing the women into the fire as they let out blood-curdling screams from the pain until they eventually pass out from hypovolemic shock and die while their body is consumed by the flames.

    The credibility of holy texts has been slowly eroded away in time as we improve our understanding of our world and ourselves, and in return, we no longer require the need to cling to Bronze-age ideologies and mythology. We no longer believe that sick people are being punished by God because we now understand the Germ Theory of Disease and the effects of poor hygiene. We no longer believe earthquakes are God's punishment since we now understand that they happen because we live on a relatively young planet whose core is still active which causes tectonic plates to shift. The fact that ideologies such as these are not as widespread in modern society as before should be proof enough of how ineffective they were.

    Quote Originally Posted by VirtualDUDE
    Never would i expect that sack of ringled shit to be hes daughter.
    Anyways. If they're trying to prove "how" double moral Christians are, then they're not doing a pretty good job. What you're stating is obviously not what the most people think about them
    (Will be editing the post when i get home - I'm kind of too busy to spell check the hole thing.)
    Fred Phelps is around 86 years old or so. He has 13 children and I believe all but 4 of them are lawyers in their family run law firm. Three of his kids managed to escape early on and I believe one daughter has defected from the church as an adult.

    You can't really expect some deep analytical opinion of them from some anonymous on-looker so of course their reaction is much more simple. I can offer a somewhat closer look into their actions because I'm more familiar with them than others would be and I'm not religious so it's easier for me to remain objective when speaking about them.

  9. #54
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Learn to summarize.

    An idiot can talk forever, but a smart man can get his point across with only a few words.


  10. #55
    Trophy Wife's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    51
    Reputation
    58
    Thanks
    14
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    Learn to summarize.

    An idiot can talk forever, but a smart man can get his point across with only a few words.
    Concision is not a useful skill to employ in debate where one's position can be easily distorted if there's no clarity. We could always move the debate to Twitter if this is going to be a recurring problem.

    I hope that was brief enough to keep you engaged.

  11. #56
    ~Spark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    544
    Reputation
    38
    Thanks
    26
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    What happened to attacking socialists? herp derp

  12. #57
    DoctorLove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    160
    Reputation
    11
    Thanks
    36
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Over 9000 sins?

  13. #58
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Trophy Wife View Post
    Concision is not a useful skill to employ in debate where one's position can be easily distorted if there's no clarity. We could always move the debate to Twitter if this is going to be a recurring problem.

    I hope that was brief enough to keep you engaged.
    It was actually.

    But I won't/don't respond to people who write more than i feel my time is worth on reading it.

    Guessing other people do that too.


  14. #59
    WOLFPACK X69X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    space bound....
    Posts
    4,592
    Reputation
    194
    Thanks
    382
    My Mood
    Crappy
    i support them for taking the crazy witch who lives in tulsa down.

  15. #60
    Callum BackUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    49
    Reputation
    -41
    Thanks
    0
    Dumn Bitch.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast