Thread: Earth

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 79
  1. #46
    Mouzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Saegertown
    Posts
    9,151
    Reputation
    520
    Thanks
    2,036
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by gamer4evere View Post
    Descartes said that God existed as the cause of himself. Since we humans arent perfect, and God is perfect, God cannot exist physically. God and the idea of God exists as the cause of himself, so that he can be perfect.
    This was Descartes's explanation to the existance of God, although he didn't believe in it, because the church didn't allow atheism in that time.
    God isn't perfect as it is shown in the Bible, for example, God is shown being angry/jealous with people didn't follow what he wanted. JESUS which is what seperate Christians and Jews is the one who deemed perfect.

  2. #47
    Mokou-Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Akihabara
    Posts
    9,818
    Reputation
    442
    Thanks
    664
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Jew View Post
    God isn't perfect as it is shown in the Bible, for example, God is shown being angry/jealous with people didn't follow what he wanted. JESUS which is what seperate Christians and Jews is the one who deemed perfect.
    Wtf? Then ur bible is diferent from mine. Cuz in mine, God is depicted as Love, as the ones who cares about everyone, helps every1 and forgives the sinners. Of course, Jesus wasn't perfect, because he existed, therefore he cannot be considered as perfect, since the simple fact of existing makes him imperfect.Only God, who doesn't exist as a being in our Universe may be considered as perfect, since Man can't reach him in any way.
    Formerly known as gamer4evere



     
    Participated on:
    MPGH GAMING NIGHT 08/03/2015 - Town of Salem



  3. #48
    Less Than Three's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    -- <3 me and you'll find out --
    Posts
    3,440
    Reputation
    216
    Thanks
    270
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Jew View Post
    It isn't nearly impossible, it just how you're raised and believed in. God is worshipped because of the hopes that he gives to people. It isn't that God created people, it's just the hope.
    Not hope, but faith, is what christians believe.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Jew View Post
    God isn't perfect as it is shown in the Bible, for example, God is shown being angry/jealous with people didn't follow what he wanted. JESUS which is what seperate Christians and Jews is the one who deemed perfect.
    Actually you are truely wrong. New International Version Psalm 18:30 : "As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in him."


    Last edited by Less Than Three; 07-19-2011 at 02:03 PM.


    Forfeit the game, before somebody
    else takes you outta the frame.
    And puts your name to shame
    Cover up your face, you can't
    run the race the pace is too fast
    You just won't last.

    Feel free to add me to either:
    My msn: stevenn.tyler@ hotmail.com
    Skype: Acoustics- (says I'm offline, but usually am online.)

  4. #49
    /b/oss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,652
    Reputation
    795
    Thanks
    3,543
    Last edited by /b/oss; 07-19-2011 at 01:59 PM.

  5. #50
    Einstein2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In The Vastness Of Reality
    Posts
    41
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by gamer4evere View Post
    Descartes said that God existed as the cause of himself. Since we humans arent perfect, and God is perfect, God cannot exist physically. God and the idea of God exists as the cause of himself, so that he can be perfect.
    This was Descartes's explanation to the existance of God, although he didn't believe in it, because the church didn't allow atheism in that time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Jew View Post
    God isn't perfect as it is shown in the Bible, for example, God is shown being angry/jealous with people didn't follow what he wanted. JESUS which is what seperate Christians and Jews is the one who deemed perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by gamer4evere View Post

    Wtf? Then ur bible is diferent from mine. Cuz in mine, God is depicted as Love, as the ones who cares about everyone, helps every1 and forgives the sinners. Of course, Jesus wasn't perfect, because he existed, therefore he cannot be considered as perfect, since the simple fact of existing makes him imperfect.Only God, who doesn't exist as a being in our Universe may be considered as perfect, since Man can't reach him in any way.
    Quote Originally Posted by sTaXx View Post

    Actually you are truely wrong. New International Version Psalm 18:30 : "As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in him."
    This is exactly why it's hard to accept a "god" for me personally. There is so much conflict in resolving how god is or should be or what's taught and so many contradictions that span throughout religion that all contradict each other. The notion of god is flawed to begin with therefore it can't not be taken seriously. Just thought I'd point it out
    Caltech -Theoretical physics

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Einstein2.0 For This Useful Post:

    Nismo (07-19-2011)

  7. #51
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,560
    Reputation
    2912
    Thanks
    5,336
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by gamer4evere View Post


    Wtf? Then ur bible is diferent from mine. Cuz in mine, God is depicted as Love, as the ones who cares about everyone, helps every1 and forgives the sinners. Of course, Jesus wasn't perfect, because he existed, therefore he cannot be considered as perfect, since the simple fact of existing makes him imperfect.Only God, who doesn't exist as a being in our Universe may be considered as perfect, since Man can't reach him in any way.
    Read your bible some more. Every version I've read so far has depicted God as wrathful and merciless at least once.

  8. #52
    Less Than Three's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    -- <3 me and you'll find out --
    Posts
    3,440
    Reputation
    216
    Thanks
    270
    Quote Originally Posted by Einstein2.0 View Post
    This is exactly why it's hard to accept a "god" for me personally. There is so much conflict in resolving how god is or should be or what's taught and so many contradictions that span throughout religion that all contradict each other. The notion of god is flawed to begin with therefore it can't not be taken seriously. Just thought I'd point it out
    I wouldn't say you're wrong, but faith is almost the only reason why christians believe it so much. You believe what you believe, they believe what they believe. And IMO we should leave it at that.


    Forfeit the game, before somebody
    else takes you outta the frame.
    And puts your name to shame
    Cover up your face, you can't
    run the race the pace is too fast
    You just won't last.

    Feel free to add me to either:
    My msn: stevenn.tyler@ hotmail.com
    Skype: Acoustics- (says I'm offline, but usually am online.)

  9. #53
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,560
    Reputation
    2912
    Thanks
    5,336
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by sTaXx View Post


    I wouldn't say you're wrong, but faith is almost the only reason why christians believe it so much. You believe what you believe, they believe what they believe. And IMO we should leave it at that.
    Yes but the whole point of this section is to debate that matter. Not very fitting to just render it moot like that.

  10. #54
    Less Than Three's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    -- <3 me and you'll find out --
    Posts
    3,440
    Reputation
    216
    Thanks
    270
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Yes but the whole point of this section is to debate that matter. Not very fitting to just render it moot like that.
    That's why I only stated my opinion on the matter. I'm not suggesting my opinion is gonna stop everybody from debating and such. I was simply stating. That's fair, isn't it?


    Forfeit the game, before somebody
    else takes you outta the frame.
    And puts your name to shame
    Cover up your face, you can't
    run the race the pace is too fast
    You just won't last.

    Feel free to add me to either:
    My msn: stevenn.tyler@ hotmail.com
    Skype: Acoustics- (says I'm offline, but usually am online.)

  11. #55
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,560
    Reputation
    2912
    Thanks
    5,336
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by sTaXx View Post


    That's why I only stated my opinion on the matter. I'm not suggesting my opinion is gonna stop everybody from debating and such. I was simply stating. That's fair, isn't it?
    Yes it is

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc For This Useful Post:

    Less Than Three (07-19-2011)

  13. #56
    Less Than Three's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    -- <3 me and you'll find out --
    Posts
    3,440
    Reputation
    216
    Thanks
    270
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Yes it is
    Well, Good.


    Forfeit the game, before somebody
    else takes you outta the frame.
    And puts your name to shame
    Cover up your face, you can't
    run the race the pace is too fast
    You just won't last.

    Feel free to add me to either:
    My msn: stevenn.tyler@ hotmail.com
    Skype: Acoustics- (says I'm offline, but usually am online.)

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Less Than Three For This Useful Post:

    Doc (07-19-2011)

  15. #57
    Mouzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Saegertown
    Posts
    9,151
    Reputation
    520
    Thanks
    2,036
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post


    Read your bible some more. Every version I've read so far has depicted God as wrathful and merciless at least once.
    @Doc

    Thank you, finally someone got it. <<; In the Torah God is shown to be a bit.. violent at times. For example, to let the Israelites exterminates the tribes of Israel so they can take over.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Mouzie For This Useful Post:

    Doc (07-20-2011)

  17. #58
    666HiddenMaster666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    14,463
    Reputation
    953
    Thanks
    1,854
    My Mood
    Cynical
    God = Big Bang
    Big Bang = God

    One can not comprehend the uncomprehendable

    IMO
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Troll nomination. Allah and Muhammad for 1400 years of bullshit.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to 666HiddenMaster666 For This Useful Post:

    Mouzie (07-19-2011)

  19. #59
    Less Than Three's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    -- <3 me and you'll find out --
    Posts
    3,440
    Reputation
    216
    Thanks
    270
    Quote Originally Posted by 666HiddenMaster666 View Post
    God = Big Bang
    Big Bang = God

    One can not comprehend the uncomprehendable

    IMO
    Straight mindfuck right there.


    Forfeit the game, before somebody
    else takes you outta the frame.
    And puts your name to shame
    Cover up your face, you can't
    run the race the pace is too fast
    You just won't last.

    Feel free to add me to either:
    My msn: stevenn.tyler@ hotmail.com
    Skype: Acoustics- (says I'm offline, but usually am online.)

  20. #60
    Decipher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Crackden
    Posts
    483
    Reputation
    26
    Thanks
    15
    My Mood
    Sick
    During the Big Bang, Along with all the matter and atoms. God was created. That's the only logical explanation for the theory of God.




    *I, nor anybody else on mpgh, cares about if you do not care.






Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast