Thread: Religion=Death

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 53
  1. #16
    Sinsation.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Home, House.
    Posts
    1,210
    Reputation
    38
    Thanks
    152
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post


    You seemed to be obsessed with Oli Sykes. So either you are emo or your scene, or just a wannabe hardcore.

    As for wars, right now there are no religious wars. People have the misconception that because suicide bombers justify what they do with god, then that means it is a religious war.
    I'm obsesed with Oliver Sykes, that means I am obsessed with Oliver Sykes >.> It does not make me "emo" or "scene"
    The jews and islams are fighting in the middle east v.v

  2. #17
    nevs666's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    515
    Reputation
    71
    Thanks
    35
    My Mood
    Happy
    All religion is false, but they have to right to believe in whatever the fuck they want to, so lets leave it at that.
    "If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest."

    -Benjamin Franklin
    ^One of our (our as in American no offence to non Americans) Founding Fathers and one of my personal heroes.

  3. #18
    Sinsation.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Home, House.
    Posts
    1,210
    Reputation
    38
    Thanks
    152
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by nevs666 View Post
    All religion is false, but they have to right to believe in whatever the fuck they want to, so lets leave it at that.
    This isn't directly about belief.

  4. #19
    Bum Slap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    326
    Reputation
    2
    Thanks
    5
    My Mood
    Shocked
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post


    You seemed to be obsessed with Oli Sykes. So either you are emo or your scene, or just a wannabe hardcore.

    As for wars, right now there are no religious wars. People have the misconception that because suicide bombers justify what they do with god, then that means it is a religious war.
    Obviously some people think they are fighting a religious war, al-qaeda, hamas, etc

  5. #20
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,560
    Reputation
    2912
    Thanks
    5,335
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bum Slap View Post

    Obviously some people think they are fighting a religious war, al-qaeda, hamas, etc
    Al-qaeda are fighting a war against western occupation not over who has the best religion.

    As for Arab-Israeli conflict the cause may have been 'rights to the homeland' but in recent years it has been about sabotaging peace efforts in order to delay the realization of the two-state solution. It is no longer about religion, it is now about having sole occupancy in Palestine. Any religious motivations are simply scapegoats.

  6. #21
    Mad_Scientist's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Bootstrapper (INSTALL AND SET ME FREE!)
    Posts
    42
    Reputation
    13
    Thanks
    7
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post


    Al-qaeda are fighting a war against western occupation not over who has the best religion.

    As for Arab-Israeli conflict the cause may have been 'rights to the homeland' but in recent years it has been about sabotaging peace efforts in order to delay the realization of the two-state solution. It is no longer about religion, it is now about having sole occupancy in Palestine. Any religious motivations are simply scapegoats.

    Well said!



    To: ImmaNinja555

    As for the OP, I will say that I agree that:
    1) More wars have been fought "in God/god(s) name" than any other cause
    2) More people have been killed "in God/god(s) name" than any other cause
    This is historical FACT, not opinion. To go into further detail, Christianity ranks #1 on that tally sheet for killing in their God's name. That doesn't mean all Christians are fanatical warmongers or murderers though.

    However, I disagree that religion=death. There are many religions that are peaceful. Name a Buddhist that murdered someone? Name a war Buddhists fought in? There are many other pacifist/nonviolent religions besides Buddhism. You can't assume ALL apples in the basket are rotten just because a few are.


    My respect and gratitude to the following members for their contributions and frequently helping others:
    Hell_Demon, Sid, Dank, Pie, Doomsday.today, LordInferno




    "You're here because you know something. What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad."
    ~Morpheus


    “The whole religious complexion of the modern world is due to the absence from Jerusalem of a lunatic asylum.”
    ~ Thomas Paine

  7. #22
    nevs666's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    515
    Reputation
    71
    Thanks
    35
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post


    Al-qaeda are fighting a war against western occupation not over who has the best religion.
    "Hostility toward America is a religious duty, and we hope to be rewarded for it by God . . . . I am confident that Muslims will be able to end the legend of the so-called superpower that is America." -Osama
    "If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest."

    -Benjamin Franklin
    ^One of our (our as in American no offence to non Americans) Founding Fathers and one of my personal heroes.

  8. #23
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaNinja555 View Post


    I'm obsesed with Oliver Sykes, that means I am obsessed with Oliver Sykes >.> It does not make me "emo" or "scene"
    The jews and islams are fighting in the middle east v.v
    Rofl, wannabe scene kids.

    Man i feel old when i see this stuff again.


  9. #24
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,560
    Reputation
    2912
    Thanks
    5,335
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by nevs666 View Post
    "Hostility toward America is a religious duty, and we hope to be rewarded for it by God . . . . I am confident that Muslims will be able to end the legend of the so-called superpower that is America." -Osama
    Al-Qaeda ideologues envision a complete break from the foreign influences in Muslim countries, and the creation of a new Islamic caliphate.

  10. #25
    RJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Over there.
    Posts
    5,545
    Reputation
    1082
    Thanks
    1,403
    My Mood
    Twisted
    I suppose starting a war with the worlds most powerful nation is a good way to do that? The 9/11 attacks where imo designed to alienate the USA from the middle east, and it worked.

    END THE FED

  11. #26
    Sinsation.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Home, House.
    Posts
    1,210
    Reputation
    38
    Thanks
    152
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Scientist View Post
    Well said!



    To: ImmaNinja555

    As for the OP, I will say that I agree that:
    1) More wars have been fought "in God/god(s) name" than any other cause
    2) More people have been killed "in God/god(s) name" than any other cause
    This is historical FACT, not opinion. To go into further detail, Christianity ranks #1 on that tally sheet for killing in their God's name. That doesn't mean all Christians are fanatical warmongers or murderers though.

    However, I disagree that religion=death. There are many religions that are peaceful. Name a Buddhist that murdered someone? Name a war Buddhists fought in? There are many other pacifist/nonviolent religions besides Buddhism. You can't assume ALL apples in the basket are rotten just because a few are.
    I'm not pointing a finger
    Just pointing a topic

  12. #27
    nevs666's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    515
    Reputation
    71
    Thanks
    35
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post


    Al-Qaeda ideologues envision a complete break from the foreign influences in Muslim countries, and the creation of a new Islamic caliphate.
    You copy and pasted. You just kind of proved my point. They do fight thinking they have the best religion.
    "If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest."

    -Benjamin Franklin
    ^One of our (our as in American no offence to non Americans) Founding Fathers and one of my personal heroes.

  13. #28
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by nevs666 View Post
    You copy and pasted. You just kind of proved my point. They do fight thinking they have the best religion.
    Not really, it would be like fighting to see who has the better food or better race.

    That isn't the issue they fight for.


  14. #29
    nevs666's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    515
    Reputation
    71
    Thanks
    35
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    Not really, it would be like fighting to see who has the better food or better race.

    That isn't the issue they fight for.
    Your saying the attacks are not motivated by their religion?
    "If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest."

    -Benjamin Franklin
    ^One of our (our as in American no offence to non Americans) Founding Fathers and one of my personal heroes.

  15. #30
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,560
    Reputation
    2912
    Thanks
    5,335
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by nevs666 View Post
    You copy and pasted. You just kind of proved my point. They do fight thinking they have the best religion.
    Yeah, so what? I was siting a source. Problem?

    a complete break from the foreign influences in Muslim countries

    What part of that do you not understand?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast