Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27
  1. #1
    ben2134's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In my Mental Instability
    Posts
    814
    Reputation
    1
    Thanks
    47
    My Mood
    Sleepy

    My personal Philosophy.

    Now I am neither theist, nor atheist. Though if you were to title me, I'd most likely fall under the latter. Now, I try to be as logical about Religion as possible. I am not one to shout, you cannot prove there is a god, so you fail. Your you cannon prove there isn't a god, so you fail. I like to take both sides of the argument and try to understand both. Both I will say easily have their flaws. Christianity seems to have lost a lot of it's values over the years, as there have been multiple translations of the bible, and a lot was lost in it. Atheist are usually stupid when having their arguments. They do not take into consideration of anything that theists point out, and are rather arrogant. My personal philosophy takes into both and tries to conjoin them. I tend to believe this is a god, but not in the way the Church, and others seem to believe. In fact, I don't think of god as a being at all. Most people will find my philosophy rather stupid. I will listen to your reasoning without a doubt, feel free to bash. Back to the subject, I tend to believe in God as not a being. But EVERYTHING. God, is a word that was invented to describe everything in the universe at once. That is why it is described as Omnicient, Omnipresent and Omnipotent. Since it is everything, it is everywhere. Since it is everything, therefore it must know everything. Since it is everything, it is as strong, as the strongest thing. Now the bible. I do not believe in the bible, like others believe it either. In my Philosophy, since God is everything, it also influenced the bible. Now, if God is classified as everything, it is also thoughts and ideas. Books are written based on thoughts and ideas. So therefore, God did directly influence the writing of the bible in the way it is written, but not by sending down a son. I do not believe in Jesus either, I do not believe he will return, or that he was ever existent in the first place. There are very few historical records that prove he existed, and the ones that are, cannot be proven to not be faked. I have not made up a name for my philosophy, and I doubt I will take the time to either. This is just my opinion and belief. I will not be mad if you bash at it, or if you argue against it. I will validly look at your ideas, and counter, or agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kibstor View Post
    awesome trade with him I went first everthing went PERFECTLY! +1
    Newest Piece

  2. #2
    Metal Mulisha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,505
    Reputation
    63
    Thanks
    83
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    I've said something related to this in a different thread. The Bible's version of God is ridiculous, and terrible. Apparently, he's a being of hate and wrath. Delivering quick destruction to people who do not believe in him. He's a jealous god who wants everyone to be under him, or they will be sent to Hell. The Bible also states that God promotes slavery. That is not acceptable. If God is truly like that, then I will not bow.

  3. #3
    Gordon Freeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    La Mesa, CA
    Posts
    159
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    9
    My Mood
    Lurking
    I think Jesus was a real people but he wasn't who everyone thought he was.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stay Brutal View Post
    I've said something related to this in a different thread. The Bible's version of God is ridiculous, and terrible. Apparently, he's a being of hate and wrath. Delivering quick destruction to people who do not believe in him. He's a jealous god who wants everyone to be under him, or they will be sent to Hell. The Bible also states that God promotes slavery. That is not acceptable. If God is truly like that, then I will not bow.
    I think how he really was, was altered and changed over the years so that like the catholic church could keep people in fear.
    Last edited by Gordon Freeman; 07-28-2011 at 10:11 PM.
    |Thank me if I helped|


  4. #4
    Aorisious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    30
    Reputation
    19
    Thanks
    1
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by ben2134 View Post
    Now I am neither theist, nor atheist. Though if you were to title me, I'd most likely fall under the latter. Now, I try to be as logical about Religion as possible. I am not one to shout, you cannot prove there is a god, so you fail. Your you cannon prove there isn't a god, so you fail. I like to take both sides of the argument and try to understand both. Both I will say easily have their flaws. Christianity seems to have lost a lot of it's values over the years, as there have been multiple translations of the bible, and a lot was lost in it. Atheist are usually stupid when having their arguments. They do not take into consideration of anything that theists point out, and are rather arrogant. My personal philosophy takes into both and tries to conjoin them. I tend to believe this is a god, but not in the way the Church, and others seem to believe. In fact, I don't think of god as a being at all. Most people will find my philosophy rather stupid. I will listen to your reasoning without a doubt, feel free to bash. Back to the subject, I tend to believe in God as not a being. But EVERYTHING. God, is a word that was invented to describe everything in the universe at once. That is why it is described as Omnicient, Omnipresent and Omnipotent. Since it is everything, it is everywhere. Since it is everything, therefore it must know everything. Since it is everything, it is as strong, as the strongest thing. Now the bible. I do not believe in the bible, like others believe it either. In my Philosophy, since God is everything, it also influenced the bible. Now, if God is classified as everything, it is also thoughts and ideas. Books are written based on thoughts and ideas. So therefore, God did directly influence the writing of the bible in the way it is written, but not by sending down a son. I do not believe in Jesus either, I do not believe he will return, or that he was ever existent in the first place. There are very few historical records that prove he existed, and the ones that are, cannot be proven to not be faked. I have not made up a name for my philosophy, and I doubt I will take the time to either. This is just my opinion and belief. I will not be mad if you bash at it, or if you argue against it. I will validly look at your ideas, and counter, or agree.
    You should expand your horizons and look into Hinduism, as you will discover that Brahman in the Vedas or Upanishads (I cannot recall which one) describes the universe as you have described "God" being everything in the universe.

    You also cannot rely on history for the exact truth, as during the supposed time of Jesus' existence, the Romans did not yet embrace Christianity, and was only seen as a sect of Judaism. Jesus was a relative nobody until he was crucified and resurrected etc. There were other miracle workers during Jesus' time but what distinguishes him was the fact that he was a zomb-- I mean he was resurrected.

  5. #5
    chrossfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Wouldn't you like to know?
    Posts
    9
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    0
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Ideas of Right and Wrong, whats True and Whats a Lie has been skewed over time. There's really no possible way to know who is right and who is wrong. There are holes in both sides' stories. But what really scares me is that people Actually believe the Universe was an Accident, or that people Truly believe Aliens created us as a hybrid workforce for their dying planet.


    To be honest, at such a young age, It's really hard for me to understand it all because the adult populous keeps on screwing shit up.
    I don't really care at this point, All i know is that I'm afraid of the Unknown, and no one in this world is working to reassure me that We're NOT hopelessly screwed no matter what the T.V shows. It seems Humanity has given up on itself. It's sad really that a 16 year old can see that no one cares but the Leader of the Free world can't.

    But, I'll continue to read books and stories about characters and their adventures, getting lost in my Imagination, until the day comes and I can stop being a talker, a become a doer, and start doing something about it.
    Last edited by chrossfire; 07-29-2011 at 04:56 AM.

  6. #6
    Nismo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    CA Section
    Posts
    1,294
    Reputation
    93
    Thanks
    141
    My Mood
    In Love
    Why do you believe that that God is everything? I'm not challenging it, just want to know why you came to that conclusion..

    I don't really believe in anything, I just eliminate stupid ideas and ponder with whats left, which atm is Nihilistic at best
    Previously Armalite42



  7. #7
    ben2134's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In my Mental Instability
    Posts
    814
    Reputation
    1
    Thanks
    47
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by Nismo View Post
    Why do you believe that that God is everything? I'm not challenging it, just want to know why you came to that conclusion..

    I don't really believe in anything, I just eliminate stupid ideas and ponder with whats left, which atm is Nihilistic at best
    How I came to the conclusion... How I came to the conclusion. I cannot really tell you in detail how I came to the conclusion, it was more of a thing overtime. I just sat and thought, mostly in the shower, about religion. I thought of why no religion can agree, I came to the conclusion, they must all be partially wrong, not entirely, but partially. And from thereon I kinda picked out bits and pieces from the various religions that made sense. I can't think of how to say it without sounding like a lunatic, but for some reason, something in my head just snapped. I finally realized that everything that everyone believed in was bogus. I finally noticed that what we were led to believe, contradicted with everything in itself. I just, I guess you could say, Woke up to reality. I have many arguments to battle against any Christian that stands against me, I can translate quite a bit of the Hebrew Bible for you, and you'll look at me and say, "That's not what I learned, so it must not be right" Sad story is, that's how much you have been led astray. You need to wake up, realize that the Church is controlling you, even if they seem sweet about it. Everything, and I do mean everything, in this world is about power. If you do not have power, you are of no importance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kibstor View Post
    awesome trade with him I went first everthing went PERFECTLY! +1
    Newest Piece

  8. #8
    Nismo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    CA Section
    Posts
    1,294
    Reputation
    93
    Thanks
    141
    My Mood
    In Love
    Quote Originally Posted by ben2134 View Post
    How I came to the conclusion... How I came to the conclusion. I cannot really tell you in detail how I came to the conclusion, it was more of a thing overtime. I just sat and thought, mostly in the shower, about religion. I thought of why no religion can agree, I came to the conclusion, they must all be partially wrong, not entirely, but partially. And from thereon I kinda picked out bits and pieces from the various religions that made sense. I can't think of how to say it without sounding like a lunatic, but for some reason, something in my head just snapped. I finally realized that everything that everyone believed in was bogus. I finally noticed that what we were led to believe, contradicted with everything in itself. I just, I guess you could say, Woke up to reality. I have many arguments to battle against any Christian that stands against me, I can translate quite a bit of the Hebrew Bible for you, and you'll look at me and say, "That's not what I learned, so it must not be right" Sad story is, that's how much you have been led astray. You need to wake up, realize that the Church is controlling you, even if they seem sweet about it. Everything, and I do mean everything, in this world is about power. If you do not have power, you are of no importance.
    The way you think about it is intriguing, and I admire that you do not argue from what other people have said and written, but you think about it and have your own ideas. Too many religious people don't think about it and believe what they are told, then back it up.

    My personal belief is that you create your own 'god'. I think the bible has caused many problems, people take it literally. I think no two people should have the same god, and with this, 'god' does not exist, but everyone can look up to something in their mind.

    =integrity. Thats's it, no religion, no church, no followers or anything like that, everyone needs their own belief and must at least think for themselves

    What frustrates me is in church services I am forced to go to, they thank God for the help from people, they thank God for their food and house etc... Why don't they thank the kind people? or the food suppliers? Builders? If someone thanks God for an act of kindness then they are just a little ignorant.
    Last edited by Nismo; 07-29-2011 at 07:42 AM.
    Previously Armalite42



  9. #9
    ben2134's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In my Mental Instability
    Posts
    814
    Reputation
    1
    Thanks
    47
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by Nismo View Post


    The way you think about it is intriguing, and I admire that you do not argue from what other people have said and written, but you think about it and have your own ideas. Too many religious people don't think about it and believe what they are told, then back it up.

    My personal belief is that you create your own 'god'. I think the bible has caused many problems, people take it literally. I think no two people should have the same god, and with this, 'god' does not exist, but everyone can look up to something in their mind.

    =integrity. Thats's it, no religion, no church, no followers or anything like that, everyone needs their own belief and must at least think for themselves

    What frustrates me is in church services I am forced to go to, they thank God for the help from people, they thank God for their food and house etc... Why don't they thank the kind people? or the food suppliers? Builders? If someone thanks God for an act of kindness then they are just a little ignorant.
    I'm very fond of your ideas too. If anything, that's kind of what I did. I have never met someone with the same belief as I, and doubt I ever will. As for Church, they want power, and make the followers live in fear so they have it. Ergo my favorite quote, "If god is meant to be followed in fear, does that not mean he acts as a dictator does?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kibstor View Post
    awesome trade with him I went first everthing went PERFECTLY! +1
    Newest Piece

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to ben2134 For This Useful Post:

    Nismo (07-30-2011)

  11. #10
    Mokou-Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Akihabara
    Posts
    9,808
    Reputation
    442
    Thanks
    663
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Religion is not prone to true or false classifications, as it is a belief.
    A person chooses to belive it or not, no matter if the sotry happened or not, you cant actually prove its truue neither u can prove its false. Therefore, the conclusion is this: If u choose to believe, then religion will be true (for you), the opposite if you dont believe. Science and logic cannot merge with religion, therefore there is no point in merging them. IMHO
    Formerly known as gamer4evere



     
    Participated on:
    MPGH GAMING NIGHT 08/03/2015 - Town of Salem



  12. #11
    Locke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Bergen, Norway
    Posts
    804
    Reputation
    6
    Thanks
    67
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Stay Brutal View Post
    I've said something related to this in a different thread. The Bible's version of God is ridiculous, and terrible. Apparently, he's a being of hate and wrath. Delivering quick destruction to people who do not believe in him. He's a jealous god who wants everyone to be under him, or they will be sent to Hell. The Bible also states that God promotes slavery. That is not acceptable. If God is truly like that, then I will not bow.
    You're talking about the old testament, and not the whole bible. Jesus said in the new testament that a lot of the stuff in the old, is exactly what it is: Old, and outdated. I'm so tired of people only quoting stuff from the "Torah", the five books of Moses when they are arguing against christianity.

  13. #12
    ben2134's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In my Mental Instability
    Posts
    814
    Reputation
    1
    Thanks
    47
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    You're talking about the old testament, and not the whole bible. Jesus said in the new testament that a lot of the stuff in the old, is exactly what it is: Old, and outdated. I'm so tired of people only quoting stuff from the "Torah", the five books of Moses when they are arguing against christianity.
    People can defend their own beliefs against Christianity however they want, you have no place to tell them what they can and can't argue. If they can use it to prove a valid point, then let them use it to their advantage. It's people like you that sicken me, you decide that what you have been told is right, and do not acknowledge others argument points because it is not what you were led to believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kibstor View Post
    awesome trade with him I went first everthing went PERFECTLY! +1
    Newest Piece

  14. #13
    Locke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Bergen, Norway
    Posts
    804
    Reputation
    6
    Thanks
    67
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by ben2134 View Post
    People can defend their own beliefs against Christianity however they want, you have no place to tell them what they can and can't argue. If they can use it to prove a valid point, then let them use it to their advantage. It's people like you that sicken me, you decide that what you have been told is right, and do not acknowledge others argument points because it is not what you were led to believe.
    I'm a follower of Jesus, and he is the one who said that we can't think like they did 2000 years and earlier before his time. Arguing from the old testament only, is like reading half a book and say that you read it all.

  15. #14
    ben2134's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In my Mental Instability
    Posts
    814
    Reputation
    1
    Thanks
    47
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    I'm a follower of Jesus, and he is the one who said that we can't think like they did 2000 years and earlier before his time. Arguing from the old testament only, is like reading half a book and say that you read it all.
    You are the type of person that I do not like having religious arguments with, because you won't take into the account of someone else's views. You think since you believe something, that it is automatically true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kibstor View Post
    awesome trade with him I went first everthing went PERFECTLY! +1
    Newest Piece

  16. #15
    Locke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Bergen, Norway
    Posts
    804
    Reputation
    6
    Thanks
    67
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by ben2134 View Post
    You are the type of person that I do not like having religious arguments with, because you won't take into the account of someone else's views. You think since you believe something, that it is automatically true.
    Of course I think that what I believe is true. But you're wrong about respecting other people's believes. You are drawing conclusions way too fast here, because I haven't said a word about "someone else's views". I was talking to the dude who argued against the bible. What I said was fact about the old testament, and not my opinion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The Person Above you
    By mostwanted in forum General
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 09-02-2007, 06:00 AM
  2. I am a sick freaking person
    By Jackal in forum Spammers Corner
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-11-2006, 06:02 PM
  3. The person below you
    By Kyojiro in forum General
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-27-2006, 09:28 PM
  4. 3rd Person view in warrock
    By Kyojiro in forum WarRock - International Hacks
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-20-2006, 12:55 PM
  5. [WR] 3rd Person Textures?
    By p4r4n0!4 in forum WarRock - International Hacks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-29-2005, 04:23 PM