Poll: Do you think people should go to hell for being homosexual?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy

Question Do you think I'm going to hell?

You can skip the proceeding paragraph. Not needed to answer the question

I go to a catholic school, and in religion class we got to marriage and homosexuality. She says it's not a sin to have a homosexual orientation, but it is a sin to act on it. Inevitably someone asks if that means gay people are going to hell. She says she's not the judge but insinuates heaven isn't likely (although they do believe in prgatory). Ofc the conversation was irritating me because I hate casting dispersions on people equally as much as having them applied to me. I asked why God would make people with such an orientation. She despises me and snarkily replies maybe they're called to be priest, chuckles and moves on. There after ignoring my hand because she knew I'd repeat the question.

So do you guys think homosexuals go to hell? Give a reason why or why not .

Ps: typed on mobile so there might be spelling mistakes, I just added the story because it's kind of why it started bothering me. I honestly don't believe in a god, but I don't like teachings that invoke sympathy and heighten the feeling that gay people are somehow different from anybody else.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tdct View Post
    You can skip the proceeding paragraph. Not needed to answer the question

I go to a catholic school, and in religion class we got to marriage and homosexuality. She says it's not a sin to have a homosexual orientation, but it is a sin to act on it. Inevitably someone asks if that means gay people are going to hell. She says she's not the judge but insinuates heaven isn't likely (although they do believe in prgatory). Ofc the conversation was irritating me because I hate casting dispersions on people equally as much as having them applied to me. I asked why God would make people with such an orientation. She despises me and snarkily replies maybe they're called to be priest, chuckles and moves on. There after ignoring my hand because she knew I'd repeat the question.

So do you guys think homosexuals go to hell? Give a reason why or why not .

Ps: typed on mobile so there might be spelling mistakes, I just added the story because it's kind of why it started bothering me. I honestly don't believe in a god, but I don't like teachings that invoke sympathy and heighten the feeling that gay people are somehow different from anybody else.
    Well, simply put according to the Bible, God sent Jesus to help man get right with God. Christ didn't have to die, he chose to die in order to absolve the sins of man. So though homosexuality is a sin, if a person of that sexual orientation truly believes in God, and the works Christ did upon the Cross,
    then no, they will not go to hell.
    I do believe that the more righteous followers will have a closer relationship with God though.
    Which means if they kept God's commandments, and followed the teachings of Christ and applied these moral parables to their life, then they will be in a much better position in heaven.
    Last edited by Assalamu alaikum; 08-26-2011 at 12:15 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    In the grand scheme of things, if god felt it necessary to judge men based on such things as their sexual orientation, diet, and vernacular, then I am inclined to believe that god isn't as perfect as religion would like for everyone to believe. Live a virtuous and righteous life and good things will naturally come. And anyone who votes yes to this without the slightest bit of a reasonable and logical argument is an ignorant derp, and I'm pretty sure that if a god exists, he would be smart enough not to let ignorant derps into his domain in the afterlife.
    Last edited by nb109; 08-26-2011 at 01:07 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to nb109 For This Useful Post:

Physcadelic (08-28-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    No i do not

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    i think they should go to hell
    because im homophobic
    disagree if you want but thats just my opinion.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xXBrokenBonezXx View Post
    i think they should go to hell
    because im homophobic
    disagree if you want but thats just my opinion.
    The Bible teaches that the ONLY way to have eternal life is through the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God.

John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Clearly it doesn't say:

"He that believes on the son has everlasting life, unless he's a homo"

So there you are. No they don't go to hell.
    That would prove God to be a liar wouldn't it?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    There is no hell. And you're gay? Mmmk.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    There is no hell. And you're gay? Mmmk.
    Yeh.....I remember you asking if I was a long time ago and I said no, but I was just denying it tbh. I didn't want to deal with people being assholes. Also I knew someone would be like "There is no hell /nuffsaid," so I threw in the world "should"
    Last edited by tdct; 08-26-2011 at 04:58 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    By asking/questioning if you are going to hell/heaven makes you automaticlly go to hell.

Its like asking for the reason of life.

If you ask this you automaticlly asume that life has no reason.

Just don't think about people who want to make your life worse.
    The bible is nothing but a book which people believe in.
    And if you believe in the bible you already have your answer.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRhodan View Post
    By asking/questioning if you are going to hell/heaven makes you automaticlly go to hell.

By that logic if you look for an answer it will always be the worst possible one to you. That is such a strange thing to think though. Sounds like you're a very negative person

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRhodan View Post

Actually if you ask someone for the reason of life, you are assuming there is a reason, you just don't know of it yet. If you were to assume there is no reason then you wouldn't need to ask the question. Fail logic is fail. Plus he is talking about homosex in general not just he himself.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc For This Useful Post:

tdct (08-26-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    To sum it up, don't crap in your pants, I'm pretty sure that if god is the slightest bit benevolent and rational, then he won't care what your orientation is, just be good to others lol

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by nb109 View Post
    To sum it up, don't crap in your pants, I'm pretty sure that if god is the slightest bit benevolent and rational, then he won't care what your orientation is, just be good to others lol
    I don't believe in hell. I definitely wasn't anywhere near crapping my pants. I just hate the idea that people can be so cold just because they don't understand.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    There's no hell.
    Bibamus, gaudeamus.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Genesis

"And Noah awoke from his wine, and knew what his younger son had done unto him."
    What did Ham do? Did he just look at his naked father or was there something more to it than that? Some commentators have suggested that Ham committed homosexual rape on his drunken father, and that this was why Ham's descendants were eternally punished with slavery. 9:24

This verse doesn't say what the Sodomites did to make them such exceedingly great sinners, though most bible believers equate "Sodomite" with homosexual. (But see Ezekiel 16:49, which claims the sins of Sodom were pride, gluttony, sloth, greed, and failure to help the poor.) 13:13

The two angels that visit Lot wash their feet, eat, and are sexually irresistible to Sodomites. 19:1-5

God kills everyone in Sodom and Gomorrah. 19:4-5, 24-25

What did Sarah see? 21:9

Leviticus

Homosexual acts are an abomination to God. 18:22

If a man has sex with another man, kill them both. 20:13

Deuteronomy

Women are not to wear men's clothing -- it's an "abomination unto the Lord." 22:5

God says not be bring any whore, sodomite, or dog into the house of the Lord. For "these things are an abomination to the Lord." Sodomites and dogs are biblical names for homosexuals. 23:17-18

Ruth
    Ruth loved Naomi as Adam loved Eve.
    (Or so say the folks at WouldJesusDiscriminate.org) 1:14

1 Samuel

"The soul of Jonathan was knit with the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as his own soul ... And Jonathan stripped himself of the robe that was upon him, and gave it to David, and his garments ... and his girdle." 18:1-4

"Jonathan ... delighted much in David." 19:2

Saul is angered by his son's homosexual affair with David and says, "do not I know that thou has chosen the son of Jesse to thine own confusion of thy mother's nakedness?" 20:30

Saul is a good example for Christian parents that discover that they have a homosexual child: try to kill the child and his or her lover. 20:31-33

David and Jonathan "kissed one another, and wept with one another" when they parted for the last time. 20:41

2 Samuel

David loved Jonathan more than women. (And he loved a lot of women a lot!) 1:26

1 Kings

"There were also sodomites in the land: and they did according to all the abominations...."
    God shows his homophobia by calling gay people "sodomites" and their sexual relations "abominations." 14:24

Asa "did that which was right in the eyes of the LORD" by expelling homosexuals (or "sodomites", as the good book calls them). 15:12

Jehoshaphat "did that which was right in the eyes of the Lord" and "took" the homosexuals (sodomites) "out of the land," or as the RSV says, "he exterminated" them. 22:43, 46

2 Kings

Josiah, with God's approval, broke down the houses of the sodomites. 23:7

Isaiah

"They declare their sin as Sodom, they hide it not. Woe unto their soul!"
    The biblical god just doesn't seem to care much for homosexuals. And he gets especially upset when "they hide it not." 3:9

Ezekiel

"This was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness ... neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy."
    So Sodom's sin wasn't homosexuaulity. It was pride, greed, idleness, and refusing to help the poor. 16:49

Daniel

"Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all."
    Some Christians think this refers to the antichrist. (He'll be an atheist homosexual.) 11:37

Matthew

What was the relationship between the centurion and his slave? Were they a gay couple? If so, Jesus didn't seem to mind. 8:5-13

"There are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb." Is Jesus talking about homosexuals here? 19:12

Mark

One of the followers of Jesus was a young, nearly naked man who dropped his linen cloth and "fled from them naked" when the priests came to arrest Jesus. 14:51-52

John

"There was leaning on Jesus' bosom one of his disciples, whom Jesus loved." 13:23-25

"The disciple standing by, whom he loved" Was Jesus gay? 19:26

"The disciple whom Jesus loved following; which also leaned on his breast at supper" 21:20

Acts

Was the eunuch that Philip baptized gay? 8:36-38

Romans

With his usual intolerance, Paul condemns homosexuals (including lesbians). This is the only clear reference to lesbians in the Bible. 1:26-28

Homosexuals (those "without natural affection") and their supporters (those "that have pleasure in them") are "worthy of death." 1:31-32

1 Corinthians

Paul lists ten things that will keep you out of heaven, including homosexuality and being "effeminate." 6:9-10

1 Timothy

Homosexuals (those "that defile themselves with mankind") are included on the list of lawless, disobedient, unholy, and profane people. 1:10

2 Timothy

Iin the last days people will become evil, "without natural affection." Fundamentalist say that this refers to homosexuals. 3:3

Jude

God sent "eternal fire" on the people of Sodom and Gomorrah for "going after strange flesh." 7-8

Revelation

"The hundred and forty and four thousand ... which were not defiled with women"
    Are the 144,000 men that are "not defiled by women" homosexuals? Are only gay men to be saved? 14:1-4

"Dogs [homosexuals?], sorcerers, whoremongers, idolaters" and along with anyone who ever told a lie will not enter the heavenly city. 22:15
    OMG YES THEY GO IN HELL ?
    but I dont believe in god or have anything against homosexuals

so I would say NO
    Last edited by GiGux; 08-27-2011 at 01:52 PM.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast