Poll: What happens after death?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Death is not the end. It marks the next stage in the cycle of cosmic evolution. The reason the humans fear death is because of its finality. That finality is an illusion. Death seems final because it marks the end of our individuality, which was an illusion to begin with. To me, there is nothing more fulfilling than knowing that my atoms, the same ones were forged in celestial nuclear furnaces, will shift and change form into something else, something new. We are not individuals. We are all interconnected, and we are smaller parts of the whole. Death isn't the end, it is merely change.

That is why it utterly disgusts me that people lock up hollow and empty husks into coffins, and ashes in urns. People attach to much value to empty husks instead of the bonds and memories they forged with these people. It also disgusts me that people stick to the illusion of heaven and hell out of fear. Because it offers salvation from the supposed finality of death, because it offers a way to continue the illusion of individuality. Most people stick to the hope of heaven for all the wrong reasons.

You may disagree with my philosophy, but this is the philosophy I've adopted and I have no fear of death. A few weeks back I nearly got jumped in front of my house and I was more interested at the model of the glock pointed at me than the fact that I could die.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Azathᴏth For This Useful Post:

grannycrazy (03-25-2013)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Azathᴏth View Post
    Death is not the end. It marks the next stage in the cycle of cosmic evolution. The reason the humans fear death is because of its finality. That finality is an illusion. Death seems final because it marks the end of our individuality, which was an illusion to begin with. To me, there is nothing more fulfilling than knowing that my atoms, the same ones were forged in celestial nuclear furnaces, will shift and change form into something else, something new. We are not individuals. We are all interconnected, and we are smaller parts of the whole. Death isn't the end, it is merely change.

That is why it utterly disgusts me that people lock up hollow and empty husks into coffins, and ashes in urns. People attach to much value to empty husks instead of the bonds and memories they forged with these people. It also disgusts me that people stick to the illusion of heaven and hell out of fear. Because it offers salvation from the supposed finality of death, because it offers a way to continue the illusion of individuality. Most people stick to the hope of heaven for all the wrong reasons.

You may disagree with my philosophy, but this is the philosophy I've adopted and I have no fear of death. A few weeks back I nearly got jumped in front of my house and I was more interested at the model of the glock pointed at me than the fact that I could die.
    Excellent form of expression on the matter my friend. On a physical level I agree completely. Spiritually I have had an experience that caused me to believe in heaven, though it's nothing as religion depicts it as. I'd rather PM you that story, however.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post

Excellent form of expression on the matter my friend. On a physical level I agree completely. Spiritually I have had an experience that caused me to believe in heaven, though it's nothing as religion depicts it as. I'd rather PM you that story, however.
    I am really interested. Although if there is a heaven I will be severely disappointed with God.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    Basic Religious Beliefs; The sinners go to hell, the believers and good-doers go to heaven.
    You said right thing 100% , but who do you believe?

If you believe the right god "Allah" and you pray to Allah then you go to heaven

the disbelievers go to hell 4 ever

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by 666HiddenMaster666 View Post

That's why
    Ramen.
    Well obviously the Flying Spaghetti Monster exists... I'm talking about all religions, not the truth.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by KamielFTW View Post

Well obviously the Flying Spaghetti Monster exists... I'm talking about all religions, not the truth.
    Idk, they believe in the wrong thing, seems like they don't mind about being cooked in spaghetti sauce for eternity...
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Troll nomination. Allah and Muhammad for 1400 years of bullshit.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed- View Post

You said right thing 100% , but who do you believe?

If you believe the right god "Allah" and you pray to Allah then you go to heaven

the disbelievers go to hell 4 ever
    Let's see some proof. Let's see some proof unrelated to the Qur'an. Show it, scientific factual evidence proving Islam is the only way.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by 666HiddenMaster666 View Post

Idk, they believe in the wrong thing, seems like they don't mind about being cooked in spaghetti sauce for eternity...
    It's a shame..

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910