Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley_ View Post
    Religion = disagreements and disagreements = wars and wars = killing and killing = evil so religion = evil.
    Your logic = nothing.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mouzie For This Useful Post:

Ferris Bueller (10-07-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    This thread shows that humans are indeed doomed.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley_ View Post
    Religion = disagreements and disagreements = wars and wars = killing and killing = evil so religion = evil.
    Just stop while your ahead
    "If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest."

-Benjamin Franklin
    ^One of our (our as in American no offence to non Americans) Founding Fathers and one of my personal heroes.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    I used to be this way to; make a thread counter arguing the ignorance of Religion and just like this very thread it always shifts into a flame war with no purpose but to exclaim "Im right, and you're wrong you faggot!" It's quite sad really. We've evolved to the point where "intellectual" counter claims have become nothing but a giant flame war with no purpose. It honestly has to come down to you believe what you want to believe and I'll believe what I want. But, as human beings we're not programmed that way. It's our goal to become much more superior then our counter parts. All of this goes way beyond Religion. We need to understand and unite against the people who have painted a fake canvas over what Religion's original purpose was - to unite a specific group of people together. Of course to every religion they have their obvious flaws but at some point we need to just set that aside and accept the different beliefs we each share instead of fighting and killing to somehow prove that yours is the correct one. It's all silly really, my parents tried to raise me as an Orthodox but as I hit the age of reason I quickly shifted to agnostic/atheist because their ways to me felt quite ignorant and I explained that to them clearly. They understood but at the same time told me in our Religion back home where I was born it gives the people of that nation a few days of the year to all get together and just enjoy the glamorious things in life. They never tried to force religion down my throat which I fully respect my parents for. They allowed me to pick what I wanted to believe in and I believe that all Religions should be this way. Let people think/believe what they want, it isn't hurting you... we just need to accept that we're all human beings; we're all in this together... why kill each other over small disagreements?

In the end, I'd have to agree with the fact that Religion is dying. As us humans start to evolve, we come to the conclusion that Religion is no longer relevant in our lives. And I know that statement will get people quoting my post in all rage caps "HOW DARE YOU SAY RELIGION IS IRRELEVANT ASDFAJHFSKLFASDFSHF!!??!?!!?" At one point on this world it was of great disrespect (might have exaggerated :P) to even for a split second believe that the world WAS NOT FLAT. But look at us now? We've discovered that the world is in fact round, not flat. Couldn't you say the same thing about Religion? Back in the day a majority of the population believed that there was a God. Today, on Wikipedia (which I understand at times can portray false information) states "Since conceptions of atheism vary, determining how many atheists exist in the world today is no easy task. According to one estimate, about 2.3% of the world's population are atheists, while a further 11.9% are nonreligious. According to another, rates of self-reported atheism are among the highest in Western nations, although also to quite varying degrees—United States (4%), Italy (7%), Spain (11%), Great Britain (17%), Germany (20%), and France (32%)." These numbers have grealy increased since the 18th century when a group of individuals named themselves "The Atheists". I honestly believe at one point in our future Religion will no longer be relevant, we'll definitely laugh and joke the same way we do now on people who believed the world was flat. I'm aware that many of this can easily be counter argued but so can a lot of what Religion has stated to this day.

In conclusion, believe what YOU want to believe. Don't try to force your religion on others, let them think for themselves and let them believe what they want. Just my 2 cents.

EDIT: And I'm aware this might sound hypcritical to what I'm portraying in my Avatar and Signature.. but try to counter argue without bringing that in. In the sense, I am speaking my mind... I'm not saying you shouldn't speak your Religion... I'm just saying you shouldn't FORCE your religion on others.
    Last edited by Darkspirith; 09-17-2011 at 05:12 PM.
    You don't have the balls to de-rep me, pussy.

You have to speak the truth. You have to speak your mind.
    - Immortal Technique.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Jew View Post
    It was a simple logic, I don't think you understand my point.

The Red Scare(s) was a period of anti-Communism, I put Islam as it because there is slowly becoming more and more anti-Islam and such.

I understand the connection you where trying to make, but during the red scare we where open about our animosity tward the commies. We're not a racist/bigot nation. We're a country of many people with different ethnic, and religious backgrounds.

They are not similar.

END THE FED

Thanks
    The God who you're searching for is your own soul. You'll not find him in a Church, neither in a Mosque, neither in a priest. You'll find God in yourself.
    “Long you live and high you'll fly and smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry and all you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be.”

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hot
    So your telling me athiests are peaceful?
    BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

"“Religions are, by definition, metaphors, after all: God is a dream, a hope, a woman, an ironist, a father, a city, a house of many rooms, a watchmaker who left his prize chronometer in the desert, someone who loves you—even, perhaps, against all evidence, a celestial being whose only interest is to make sure your football team, army, business, or marriage thrives, prospers, and triumphs over all opposition. Religions are places to stand and look and act, vantage points from which to view the world. So none of this is happening. Such things could not occur. Never a word of it is literally true.” .”
    I was Martin Johnson

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ferris Bueller For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Hassan (10-08-2011)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12